Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,732 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos (7709 Views)

David Mark Campaign Rice, Salt Flood Otukpo, To Construct Four Roads Before Xmas / Gov. Udom Awards Contract For Another Flyover In Uyo Akwa Ibom State Capital / June 12 Declared Public Holiday In Oyo, Osun, Ogun, Lagos & Ekiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by OAM4J: 6:15am On Sep 05, 2011
[size=13pt]Osun plans highway to Ogun, Lagos[/size]

Osun State Governor, Mr Rauf Aregbesola, has said his administration will construct a highway that will link the state with Ogun and Lagos states.

According to Aregbesola, travellers from Osun State will have the opportunity to bypass the Gbongan-Ibadan expressway by passing through the road that will be constructed through Ikoyi in Osun State to Ijebu-Igbo in Ogun State.

The governor said the road, when completed, would offer travellers the opportunity to bypass the usual traffic gridlock on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway on their way to Lagos.

Aregbesola spoke through his deputy, Mrs Titi Laoye-Tomori, who represented him during an interdenominational service organised to commemorate the 20th anniversary of Osun State creation, which held at at All Saints Cathedral, Balogun-Agoro, Osogbo.

He said the proposed highway would pass through Osun communities of Ikoyi – Gbongan – Odeyinka – Orile-Owu – Araromi Owu to Ijebu-Igbo in Ogun State.

The governor also reiterated the commitment of his administration to rebuild Osogbo, the state capital and put it on the world map as one of the tourist capitals in the world.

He said, “This government has awarded a contract that will connect Osun State straight to Ogun State through Ikoyi to Ikorodu and to Lagos. Travellers will no longer go through the rigours of traffic hold up in Ibadan, Oyo State.

“We will develop our roads, our tourist sites and our farmlands in order to reposition our beloved state. Recently, we inaugurated O-Tours to put the state tourism on the world map because we are endowed with natural resources.

“We have 63 tourist centres all over the state and we will develop all these to ensure that our internally generated revenue improves because unfortunately right now in the South-West, we have the least IGR, but within the next six months, we shall witness a massive improvement in our IGR.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201109052473470
Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by OAM4J: 6:28am On Sep 05, 2011
This is indeed a good one. Guess it will be a toll road to generate income for the involved states.
Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by omoola007(m): 6:47am On Sep 05, 2011
We need more roads. That will release the traffic on Lagos Ibadan. I am liking the ACN coalition in Lagos-Ogun-osun let's add more states and convert Nigeria state by state. Edo, delta Kwara come aboard
Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by EkoIle1: 6:56am On Sep 05, 2011
This is great vision and development. Kudos.
Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by sley4life(m): 7:00am On Sep 05, 2011
hope its not one of the inflated contracts.They should finish the construction on time
Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by Johndoe100(m): 7:12am On Sep 05, 2011
omoola007:

We need more roads. That will release the traffic on Lagos Ibadan. I am liking the ACN coalition in Lagos-Ogun-osun let's add more states and convert Nigeria state by state. Edo, delta Kwara come aboard

Another doped out dreamer.

Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by omoola007(m): 7:43am On Sep 05, 2011
I agree I am a doped out dreamer. Dreaming of a better healthier and competitive Nigeria.

As I write in am on a business trip to Korea( I am typing from Seoul) and i can only dream of Nigeria being half as developed.

I just went over a new suspension bridge in incheon newly built under budget and on time. When was the last time that happened in Nigeria

My business guide over here keeps subconsciously saying all the good things his local government is doing, parks, hospitals, housing estate, good roads . Local government not state or federal.

You should see how many smaller factories are here. 10-20 person factory ( they have free flowing light and gas supply) lower overhead so many people can manufacture simple things.

I am doped out very doped out indeed cool but I will rather be doped out than fed up and tired as most Nigerians are. we have simply given up. We keep getting cheated by our leaders on everything ands rather than stop them, we have started ignoring them. Btw where is Dimeji bankole? Gbenga daniel?

What price have they paid for the retardation of our country's growth?
Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by werepeLeri: 7:50am On Sep 05, 2011
If this had been a PDP government - the comments would have been so negative and would have ran up 30 pages of gibberish - but a man who ran a state without commissioners for so many months comes up to make such assertions and everyone is happy. Nigerians.
Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by omoola007(m): 7:56am On Sep 05, 2011
For what it's worth? I don't know too much about the osun state government. But being vetted by like minded people in can I think he will do a good job.

Yes if it were a pdp governor, well I am not sure i would be positive because I would not expect him to finish the project , see mr Daniel in Ogun state.

In general I am equal opportunity. If rash la effs up I will surely criticise him. Like the stupid 1 yr rent crap before providing mass affordable housing to the poor. Or amosun not fully supporting bi corny Lagos Ibadan express road.
Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by Johndoe100(m): 7:59am On Sep 05, 2011
omoola007:

I agree I am a doped out dreamer. Dreaming of a better healthier and competitive Nigeria.

As I write in am on a business trip to Korea( I am typing from Seoul) and i can only dream of Nigeria being half as developed.

I just went over a new suspension bridge in incheon newly built under budget and on time. When was the last time that happened in Nigeria

My business guide over here keeps subconsciously saying all the good things his local government is doing, parks, hospitals, housing estate, good roads . Local government not state or federal.

You should see how many smaller factories are here. 10-20 person factory ( they have free flowing light and gas supply) lower overhead so many people can manufacture simple things.

I am doped out very doped out indeed cool but I will rather be doped out than fed up and tired as most Nigerians are. we have simply given up. We keep getting cheated by our leaders on everything ands rather than stop them, we have started ignoring them. Btw where is Dimeji bankole? Gbenga daniel?

What price have they paid for the retardation of our country's growth?

Read this thread,

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-752102.0.html
Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by EkoIle1: 8:12am On Sep 05, 2011
Why even worry about PDP governors? When was the last time they came up with such visionary idea and development? No need for us to bash them.

It took OGD 4 years to build a common crossing bridge in ogunstate and the governor, the Nigerian house  speaker and all the state PDP apparatus showed up to commission an uncomplited crossing bridge and they end up fighting instead of commissioning the lousy bridge. Dumb and useless people.

Please find something better to talk about.

werepeLeri:

If this had been a PDP government - the comments would have been so negative and would have ran up 30 pages of gibberish - but a man who ran a state without commissioners for so many months comes up to make such assertions and everyone is happy. Nigerians.
m
Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by goldng: 8:32am On Sep 05, 2011
This is a very nice Ideal. I hope that they fulfill their promise.
Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by Gbawe: 8:42am On Sep 05, 2011
werepeLeri:

And you think the PDP don't deserve the bashing they get after the years of abject misrule they have visited on Nigerians? They are even lucky , because of the docility of Nigerians, that Bashing is all they get. The ACN deserve the votes they got. Afterall, the only two Governors they had for a long time (Fashola and Oshiomhole) did well enough for any right thinking Nigerian to think the Party presents a better option than the PDP. Stop being a sore loser and give credit where due for once . The PDP is the architect of its own disdain. 

@Topic . Great Idea . No one claims the ACN is perfect but the SW will certainly be better off in the next year or 2 thanks to the opposition Party.
Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by lagcity(m): 8:48am On Sep 05, 2011
This is just the beginning. Bad belle ppl and enemies of the SW will get bloated and burst like Baloon tongue tongue. People dey talk trash say the governor no quickly choose commissioners. shay na commisioners we wan chop? Aregbeshola is very calculating and his actions are well thought-out. He can not be rushed like some other clueless governors who are governing on autopilot. He even added an extra 1001 Naira to the minimum wage, i'm liking this dude.

God Bless SW! Cheeers to more cooperation in the SW!
Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by PointB: 8:51am On Sep 05, 2011
Can we have this debate when the road is completed. Funny how we jump to laud paper project.
Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by werepeLeri: 9:08am On Sep 05, 2011
Lagos State speaker has a 7billion Naira case against him - he is ACN. How many like that are we expecting? Aregbesola rules Osun for over 7 months without commissioners,what kind of un constitutional rule is that?

ACN my yanch. LOL.

Wait till all of their yanches get exposed. So, corruption in Nigeria now is on a party by party basis? or is it no more a Nigerian thing, wether you are PDP, ACN or CPC? People are really confused I can see.

Abeg - save your abuses on your own head.
Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by Omooba77: 9:10am On Sep 05, 2011
May God spare our lives to see the road completion! People are saying BRF is trying,what is the quality of job done. BRT lanes are something else,roads are now potholes. Yet constructing roads should be cheaper than most interlands,that you need to cut down forests and construct bridges. Most of the places have been developed by the house owners.
Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by Beaf: 9:10am On Sep 05, 2011
Aregbesola will build the road in the "dry season." LOLZZZ!!!
That guy is one heck of a useless governor.

When will he stop disturbing Fashola's work and finally pack back home from Lagos? How can a governor rule by text message and letter from another state? Na wa! embarassed
Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by Omooba77: 9:23am On Sep 05, 2011
I dey laugh oh,Aregbesola that refused to construct a road less than 1 km leaking Akowonjo-Shasha to his house in Lagos. The gully is still there,he always coming through Egbeda. Yet he is planning to go through 500 km. I hope Bola Ilori,Welfare Second Unilag will be the project Director, he has always been with him,Secretary Alimosho,Special Adviser on clearing River Osun!
Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by Geomel: 9:27am On Sep 05, 2011
That's grate,may God help them in carrying out this project in Jesus name.Amen
www.web4lagos.com
Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 05, 2011
Guys, this is a good one and will be much appreciated by the Nigerians. But talking is not what we need lets jump into action. You hardly see Fasola of Lagos state shouting in the dailies on any project to be done. (Though, this second term,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, , [nothing yet o], ?)

I only pray that the project will commence, since we may not know the completion time/date. {maybe 2030 sha!}  shocked
Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by felifeli: 9:29am On Sep 05, 2011
Beaf:

Aregbesola will build the road in the "dry season." LOLZZZ!!!
That guy is one heck of a useless governor.

When will he stop disturbing Fashola's work in Lagos and finally pack back home from Lagos? How can a governor rule by text message and letter from another state? Na wa! embarassed

This man's visions scare me.  Do you just build roads like that without considering the economic or environmental implications? I am finally beginning to agree that Aregbesola is a bore , a deluded individual and a glorified thug. His cabinet also is like him full of idea plagiarists with no original idea in their heads .  The result will obviously be confusion and failure which will be unfortunate because this Osun state is really a blessed state, poor maybe , but with astounding potentials. Do you do development on rhetoric ? No,you surround yourself with sound advice and not airy politicians . Osun state has a lot of professional doing astounding things internationally and who would just be pleased to help out if properly asked. Someone sit this guy down and tell him to stop smoking whatever it is that he has been smoking. Else kick him out of my state.
Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by marcus1234: 9:32am On Sep 05, 2011
Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by chino11(m): 9:33am On Sep 05, 2011
Another white elephant yaroba project, which will never see the light of the day like as usual. Was it not the same governor that runs his state from lagos and spends only three day in month in his 'un-habitable' state( osun).
Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by EkoIle1: 9:40am On Sep 05, 2011
The sadists and darrk minded negative clowns are out already?

I wonder why these sad people never post any development news from there swamps and villages. I truly understand their sadness and pain.
Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by chino11(m): 9:41am On Sep 05, 2011
felifeli:

This man's visions scare me.  Do you just build roads like that without considering the economic or environmental implications? I am finally beginning to agree that Aregbesola is a bore , a deluded individual and a glorified thug. His cabinet also is like him full of idea plagiarists with no original idea in their heads .  The result will obviously be confusion and failure which will be unfortunate because this Osun state is really a blessed state, poor maybe , but with astounding potentials. Do you do development on rhetoric ? No,you surround yourself with sound advice and not airy politicians . Osun state has a lot of professional doing astounding things internationally and who would just be pleased to help out if properly asked. Someone sit this guy down and tell him to stop smoking whatever it is that he has been smoking. Else kick him out of my state.

Imagine a very poor state of osun embarking on a meaningless project. How many people are in osun state?? How many people visits osun state in a whole year?? The governor should focus on those projects that will affects lives of his already poverty ridden people than talking about project he has not even done the feasibility appraisal for.
Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by peleson: 10:03am On Sep 05, 2011
IF IT IS TRUE AND THE GOVERNOR IS SINCERE ON THESE,THEN IT IS A GOOD ONE, PDP OR NO PDP, ACN OR NO ACN,
OTHER GOVERNORS SHOULD LEARN TO BUILD THERE ROADS TO ENCOURAGE DEVELOPMENT, INFACT,ROAD IS AS GOOD AS POWER SUPPLY.GOVERNOR OF ABIA STATE SHOULD LEARN FROM HIM AND SEEK ADVICE ON HOW TO CONSTRUCT ROADS IN ABA CITY THAT HAS POTENTIAL FOR INVESTMENT, WHY ARE PEOPLE NOT TALKING TO THAT GUY AND WHY ARE SECURITY DEPARTMENTS NOT ASKING WHERE THE ALLOCATION IN SUCH STATE AS ABIA ,BOTH DURING ORJI UZOR AND THIS PRESENT GOV IS GOING,BAYELSA,LAGOS PRESENTLY,OYO STATE,SOKOTO,EKITI,
T.A ORJI MUST BE QUESTIONED.HE SAID HE COULD ACHIEVE MUCH DUE TO THE PROBLEM THE STATE HAD IN HIS 1ST TENURE AND MY QUESTION IS, WHERE ARE ALL THE MONEY HE GOT AS ALLOCATION FROM FG ?AND THE TREND IS STILL THERE
Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by EkoIle1: 10:06am On Sep 05, 2011
You know the state did not do any economic and enviromental impact because you have inside knowledge about the project or you asked the state for one and they didn't give it to you or as usual, you are just running your mouth based on mindless ignorance the odious need to sound relevant?

Curb your sadism and speak about What you know and not what you have no clue about beyond your NL read and get sad routine.

felifeli:

Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by Omooba77: 10:08am On Sep 05, 2011
Let him concentrate in fixing Gbongan,Apomu,Ikire,Oshogbo,Ife,Ilesha,Ikirun roads.
Better still Akowonja-Shasha road near his house. At the end of 4 years his travelling expenses would have out shone OBJ!
Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by ziccoit: 10:11am On Sep 05, 2011
99.9% of NAIRALANDERS would never make good leaders going by the comments I read here.
I'm starting to doubt a bright future for Nigeria.
We need to embark on a vigorous and wholistic reorientation and education.
Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by Exponental(m): 10:19am On Sep 05, 2011
Hope it will be a toll road, else d state will lack funds in other projects or d project nt completed.
Re: Aregbesola Awards Contract To Construct Highway To Ogun, Lagos by Gbawe: 10:24am On Sep 05, 2011
ziccoit:

99.9% of NAIRALANDERS would never make good leaders going by the comments I read here.
I'm starting to doubt a bright future for Nigeria.
We need to embark on a vigorous and wholistic reorientation and education.

When folks are so ignorant of their basic civic reponsibilities , as citizens, how can they ever become good leaders?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians To Enjoy Regular Power Soon • Fg Directs States To Provide Electricity / Photo: How Gej Has Mismanaged Our Economy / PMB: Presidency Shows Off Buhari's New Look In The U.K, What Do You Think?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.