Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,538 members, 7,823,350 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

MTN Customer Care Thread - Phones (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Customer Care Thread (571572 Views)

MTN Customer Care Whatsapp Numbers / Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) / Etisalat Customer Care Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (256) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by tjmc: 9:43pm On Nov 13, 2016
JideSM:
Kindly send HELP to 2442 via SMS to activate the Do-Not-Disturb service and dial *123*5*4*1# to deactivate all promotional and advert services on your line.

I did as u advised an I received a notice that I currently do not receive advert but did MTN services still pops up
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Kingzy4pep(m): 4:58am On Nov 14, 2016
JideSM:
Sorry about this. Kindly provide your phone number, the recipient's phone number and date of transaction for assistance.
Recipient's phone number is 07038874880.
Date of transaction is 12th November.

Please don't quote so that I can delete the phone numbers.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by varmint: 9:30am On Nov 15, 2016
Another shitty scam from mtn this morning and this got me boiling cos I need the airtime and I'm in a place I can't get airtime easily. 100 was removed from my balance this morning, I called the customer care and they were like it can't be refunded. Like I didn't subscribe for this service, I don't even play mobile games.... My number is 08162020102. I hope mtn can do something about it this time around cos this is not the first time mtn is deducting my money without my consent.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by fbabs(m): 11:03am On Nov 15, 2016
#300 was deducted from my line for ABSOLUTELY NO reason this morning. Date ; 15th Nov 2016 phone number ; 08132186454
refund my money oooooooo
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Pet1620: 3:59pm On Nov 15, 2016
I recharged #100 airtime on this number 08130126018 to sub for mtn night plan of #25 and #70 was deducted before 11PM that same day, that was last week and have called customer care several times on this same issue and they kept saying that i sub for musicplus and they have help me to de-activate it and am yet to see changes till date. Please help resolve this issue. Am tired of all this unknow deductions please. Thanks.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Dammyrosky(m): 4:54pm On Nov 15, 2016
Hello Jide, I did a welcome back sim on my MTN line a week ago, but my sim is yet to be activated. It was just displaying "sim not registered" I went back to where i did it, I was told it was successful....
My lost MTN sim number is 08134174312
The Essential sim serial number is 89234010002846747486
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 10:48am On Nov 16, 2016
varmint:
Another shitty scam from mtn this morning and this got me boiling cos I need the airtime and I'm in a place I can't get airtime easily. 100 was removed from my balance this morning, I called the customer care and they were like it can't be refunded. Like I didn't subscribe for this service, I don't even play mobile games.... My number is 08162020102. I hope mtn can do something about it this time around cos this is not the first time mtn is deducting my money without my consent.

Hi varmint, i'm truly sorry that this happened. Kindly note that your reported issue has been resolved. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 10:56am On Nov 16, 2016
fbabs:

#300 was deducted from my line for ABSOLUTELY NO reason this morning.
Date ; 15th Nov 2016
phone number ; 08132186454

refund my money oooooooo

Hi fbabs, so sorry to hear this. Checks on your line show that you were billed for the XtraValue Bundle V300. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Lilinnanyelugo: 12:16pm On Nov 16, 2016
good day sir, please I don't know what draw I subscribed to that makes MTN to deduct 100 naira whenever I recharge. please help me unsubscribe from it. this is the number 08063883466
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 12:33pm On Nov 16, 2016
Pet1620:
I recharged #100 airtime on this number 08130126018 to sub for mtn night plan of #25 and #70 was deducted before 11PM that same day, that was last week and have called customer care several times on this same issue and they kept saying that i sub for musicplus and they have help me to de-activate it and am yet to see changes till date. Please help resolve this issue. Am tired of all this unknow deductions please. Thanks.

Hi Pet1620, i sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Checks on your line show that the Music plus service is no longer active on your line. However, you can dial *123*5# to check any value added service on your line. Cheers
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 12:37pm On Nov 16, 2016
Dammyrosky:
Hello Jide, I did a welcome back sim on my MTN line a week ago, but my sim is yet to be activated. It was just displaying "sim not registered" I went back to where i did it, I was told it was successful....
My lost MTN sim number is 08134174312
The Essential sim serial number is 89234010002846747486

Hi Dammyrosky, apologies for the inconvenience caused by this. Please provide the serial number and PUK of the new welcome back sim that was used to enable me check. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 12:42pm On Nov 16, 2016
Lilinnanyelugo:
good day sir, please I don't know what draw I subscribed to that makes MTN to deduct 100 naira whenever I recharge. please help me unsubscribe from it. this is the number 08063883466

Hi Lilinnanyelugo, so sorry about this. Checks on your line revealed that you were billed for the MTN Music + subscription. However, the service has been deactivated as requested. Cheers
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Dammyrosky(m): 1:52pm On Nov 16, 2016
JideSM:

Hi Dammyrosky, apologies for the inconvenience caused by this. Please provide the serial number and PUK of the new welcome back sim that was used to enable me check. Regards
The serial number is: 89234010002846747486
The PUK number is: 20973727. thanks
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by stred: 1:57pm On Nov 16, 2016
I can't call, browse or text. What's the problem? Same with my mates sim and my mom's undecided
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 2:50pm On Nov 16, 2016
Dammyrosky:
The serial number is: 89234010002846747486
The PUK number is: 20973727. thanks

Hi Dammyrosky, checks on your details show that there is no sim swap performed on the line. Please confirm the MTN Walk-in centre you visited. In adddition, you can send an alternative mobile number to reach you via PM. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 2:56pm On Nov 16, 2016
stred:
I can't call, browse or text. What's the problem? Same with my mates sim and my mom's undecided

Hi stred, i sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Kindly note that the issue is being resolved globally. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Dammyrosky(m): 3:26pm On Nov 16, 2016
JideSM:

Hi Dammyrosky, checks on your details show that there is no sim swap performed on the line. Please confirm the MTN Walk-in centre you visited. In adddition, you can send an alternative mobile number to reach you via PM. Regards
Alright, Thanks. I will get back to you.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by tall2ce(m): 7:34pm On Nov 16, 2016
Please I can't send SMS on my mtn line. Message is always bouncing back, have tried it on anoda phone. Same story
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 8:25am On Nov 17, 2016
tall2ce:
Please I can't send SMS on my mtn line. Message is always bouncing back, have tried it on anoda phone. Same story

Hi tall2ce, so sorry that this happened. Kindly send your mobile number via PM to enable me look into this. In addition, you can also ensure your message centre number is +234803000000
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by tall2ce(m): 8:56am On Nov 17, 2016
JideSM:

Hi tall2ce, so sorry that this happened. Kindly send your mobile number via PM to enable me look into this. In addition, you can also ensure your message centre number is +234803000000
I don't know how to send a PM on NL
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 9:51am On Nov 17, 2016
tall2ce:

I don't know how to send a PM on NL

You can forward your number here to aid checks.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by ezebrightike: 8:24pm On Nov 17, 2016
Believe it!
Your top-up generated a code: "TU5". Send this code to 9004 and unlock 100 more points in the draw for 1 Samsung 40' TV! SMS the code for free!

Got dis msg from MTN wen I recharged and saw for FREE.....sent code and surprisingly 100# was deducted from my line, wld appreciate if u can look into dis issue and do d needful.....08060347826 my number
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by varmint: 12:07pm On Nov 18, 2016
JideSM:

Hi varmint, i'm truly sorry that this happened. Kindly note that your reported issue has been resolved. Regards

Thanks a lot, it's been resolved and my money returned.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 1:59pm On Nov 18, 2016
ezebrightike:
Believe it!
Your top-up generated a code: "TU5". Send this code to 9004 and unlock 100 more points in the draw for 1 Samsung 40' TV! SMS the code for free!

Got dis msg from MTN wen I recharged and saw for FREE.....sent code and surprisingly 100# was deducted from my line, wld appreciate if u can look into dis issue and do d needful.....08060347826 my number

Hi ezebrightike, so sorry about this. MTN Yafun Yafun cash promo is an SMS subscription based service that allows MTN customer to collect points towards prize draws simply by topping up their balance and playing a free trivia game. The more user tops-up (in value and frequency), the more chances for him/her to win higher value prizes. At the same time, users can also enjoy premium based trivia game where s/he can opt—in for various higher
value prizes, and another two content services offering dedicated prizes for promotional purposes for a specific period of time.

To become a Premium Trivia Service Participant, an MTN subscriber needs to send “VIP” to 9005 or dial *669*2# to be eligible in the draws for the weekly Cash prize of N2m and N20m every 100days. Subscription costs N100/day.
To subscribe to the Premium Loop (celebrity content), an MTN subscriber needs to send “OK” to 38425 or dial *669*3# to be eligible in the draws for the Toyota Prado. Subscription costs N50/day.
To subscribe to the Premium Fitness Clues (Content Service), an MTN subscriber needs to send “FIT” to 38428 or dial *669*4# to be eligible in the draws for the Mercedes ML SUV. Subscription costs N30/day.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by ezebrightike: 6:13pm On Nov 18, 2016
JideSM:

Hi ezebrightike, so sorry about this. MTN Yafun Yafun cash promo is an SMS subscription based service that allows MTN customer to collect points towards prize draws simply by topping up their balance and playing a free trivia game. The more user tops-up (in value and frequency), the more chances for him/her to win higher value prizes. At the same time, users can also enjoy premium based trivia game where s/he can opt—in for various higher
value prizes, and another two content services offering dedicated prizes for promotional purposes for a specific period of time.

To become a Premium Trivia Service Participant, an MTN subscriber needs to send “VIP” to 9005 or dial *669*2# to be eligible in the draws for the weekly Cash prize of N2m and N20m every 100days. Subscription costs N100/day.
To subscribe to the Premium Loop (celebrity content), an MTN subscriber needs to send “OK” to 38425 or dial *669*3# to be eligible in the draws for the Toyota Prado. Subscription costs N50/day.
To subscribe to the Premium Fitness Clues (Content Service), an MTN subscriber needs to send “FIT” to 38428 or dial *669*4# to be eligible in the draws for the Mercedes ML SUV. Subscription costs N30/day.

OMG! Oga u neva still understand me, I said my 100 was deducted and I want to know why it was deducted, kindly help me run a check on my line to know why my 100 was taken and if u find any subscription active on my line that sucks money either on daily,weekly or monthly basis aside my BBC plz de-activate for me but please do not de-activate my BBC oooo......08060347826
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Kingzy4pep(m): 7:24am On Nov 19, 2016
JideSM, I don't know if you are ignoring my plight on purpose. I've provided the phone numbers you asked for with respect to my 4000naira transfer. You didn't say anything.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Otunba77(m): 9:17am On Nov 19, 2016
Good morning Jide, Kindly assist in unsubscribe to MTN rate and date, they keep deducting N20 every blessed day.
My no is

Thank you
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by tall2ce(m): 9:27am On Nov 19, 2016
JideSM:

You can forward your number here to aid checks.
My number is 07061626522
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by iminabo(m): 4:47am On Nov 20, 2016
MTN what you guys are doing to me is very unfair and wicked.You keep deductingy credit everytime for jobberman alert meanwhile I never subscribed for it.i would call customer care they would tell me they have done it or tell me they have done it but the same thing all over again.I also unsubscribe by my self by sending stopgradjob to 38261 and I would unsubscribe successfully only for mtn to subscribe me again to steal my credit.This has to stop because you are stealing from me
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Samunosuke(m): 9:55am On Nov 20, 2016
I'm not sure who advised all the telecom networks to start scamming people but it's everyday for the thief and 1 day, just 1 day for the owner.
I was playing candy crush on my phone when a full screen alert popped out of nowhere and the OK button was just where I was swiping. Next thing #50 has been deducted for rubbish I would never in a trillion years even glance at. Called customer care and they cannot refund my money. They apologized profusely but you could tell they were well versed and used to complaints like mine. Pretty sure they were just following a script because I spoke to 3 agents and the only difference was that the voice changed.
After suffering through the same ordeal with airtel and glo, I have some questions/observations:
1. After the endless barrage of calls and texts each day, the new strategy is full-screen popups/alerts that obscure and interfere with whatever I am doing on MY PHONE. I didn't collect money from MTN to buy my phone neither do they give me free credit. If I need a service, I will seek it out.
2. There should be a process for refunds within a window. Not implementing one shows that you intend to defraud people.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by ametu166(m): 8:51am On Nov 21, 2016
See Mr Jide, I beg u in d name of God, help me tell mtn to unsubscribe me from dat useless ratendate rubbish o. I can't b paying 20N every single day for no reason....I won't be polite next time..... grin
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 11:10am On Nov 21, 2016
ezebrightike:

OMG! Oga u neva still understand me, I said my 100 was deducted and I want to know why it was deducted, kindly help me run a check on my line to know why my 100 was taken and if u find any subscription active on my line that sucks money either on daily,weekly or monthly basis aside my BBC plz de-activate for me but please do not de-activate my BBC oooo......08060347826

Hi ezebrightike, so sorry for the inconvenience. Like I explained earlier, you were billed for the yafun yafun cash promo. You can send STOP to 9005 to opt out. Regards

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (256) (Reply)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Mobile Phone Antivirus Software Download - Free. / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.