Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

MTN Customer Care Thread - Phones (229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Customer Care Thread (571611 Views)

MTN Customer Care Whatsapp Numbers / Glo Customer Care Thread (unofficial) / Etisalat Customer Care Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (256) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JamieP: 5:37pm On Jun 03, 2018
please my phone was stolen is there anyway for me to retrieve my line without the sim pack?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by funkyjms: 8:06pm On Jun 03, 2018
alex110:
Good afternoon,please what's the price attached to Welcome back process cause MTN CC said #100,someone said he did his #150 while another person said he did his #700

If this is true, then it means it depends on what the service center charge. Albeit, it shouldn't be more than N100. I did mine last week for N1000 and was credited with N900 airtime.
In any case, ask if you'd be credited with airtime in return for any "exorbitant" price charged.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 10:37am On Jun 04, 2018
alex110:
Good afternoon,please what's the price attached to Welcome back process cause MTN CC said #100,someone said he did his #150 while another person said he did his #700

Hi alex110, the welcome back sim is actually N100. However, you will be required to purchase a specified amount of airtime which will be credited into your account.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 11:07am On Jun 04, 2018
JamieP:
please my phone was stolen is there anyway for me to retrieve my line without the sim pack?

Hi JamieP, i'm truly sorry about your stolen phone. Please visit the nearest MTN Walk-in centre to retrieve the line. The requirements for Welcome back include:
1. A Welcome Back Form (to be filled in the office)
2. SIM certificate (PUK Number)
3. Three (3) frequently-dialed numbers
4. Valid means of Identification
5. Correct SIM registration details
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 1:44pm On Jun 04, 2018
jerryoyakh11:
Pls save my relationship, I couldn't call her often as before

I need advise on how to go about this CUG(mtn,glo,9mobile) thing pls

Hi jerryoyakh11, please be informed that the minimum of lines required for MTN CUG is 10. There is NO CUG for Family and Friends (Spouses, Children and Relations). MTN Close User Group (CUG) solution is ONLY targeted at SMEs and Corporate organisations with Certificate of Incorporation
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 1:54pm On Jun 04, 2018
Jhayson:
email not going.. ..08064725321 tecno spark k7

I'll contact you shortly. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Jhayson(m): 5:12pm On Jun 04, 2018
Alright... I'll be waiting
JideSM:

I'll contact you shortly. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by walyx(m): 7:06pm On Jun 05, 2018
pls,i dnt knw if midnight call is still available.I am on betatalk plan bt dunno if its on it.I av an important calls truout dis wk and in order 2 save cost,i planned making nyt calls. pls if thrz is any tarif plan i can migrate to,help.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by BunbleBee: 10:35pm On Jun 05, 2018
Please can i use my Local government of origin certificate for MTN sim welcome back?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 11:50am On Jun 06, 2018
walyx:
pls,i dnt knw if midnight call is still available.I am on betatalk plan bt dunno if its on it.I av an important calls truout dis wk and in order 2 save cost,i planned making nyt calls. pls if thrz is any tarif plan i can migrate to,help.

Hi walyx, please be informed that mid-night call is no longer available. MTN XtraValue offers you a bundle of huge airtime for voice calls and data, the bundles are available in 2 categories (XtraTalk and XtraData). To subscribe to a bundle plan, dial *131*2# and select the preferred bundle type. In addition, kindly visit https://mtnonline.com/xtravalue for more details.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 11:53am On Jun 06, 2018
BunbleBee:
Please can i use my Local government of origin certificate for MTN sim welcome back?

Hi BunbleBee, please be informed that Valid Means of Identification for welcome back include:
1. International Passport
2. Valid National Driver’s License
3. National Voters Card
4. National Identity Card
5. NIMC Slip
6. Police and Military Identity Card
7. Valid Student Identity Card
8. Sworn Affidavit
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by walyx(m): 3:57pm On Jun 06, 2018
JideSM:

Hi walyx, please be informed that mid-night call is no longer available. MTN XtraValue offers you a bundle of huge airtime for voice calls and data, the bundles are available in 2 categories (XtraTalk and XtraData). To subscribe to a bundle plan, dial *131*2# and select the preferred bundle type. In addition, kindly visit https://mtnonline.com/xtravalue for more details.

Thanks I Appreciate
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Niniac62(f): 11:58am On Jun 08, 2018
Good day JideSM, pls can u help me check my line. Noticed that mtn deducts my money anytime I recharge. The nos is: 08065797034. Thanks
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by moneychannel: 12:46pm On Jun 08, 2018
JideSM:

Hi moneychannel, so sorry to hear this. Kindly send your mobile number via E-mail message to enable me run a check. However, please note that Recharge band (N1 – N99) is valid for 14 Days, Recharge band (N100 – N200) is valid for 14 Days and Recharge band (N201 and above) is valid for 30 days. In addition, also note that the Awuf bonus offer takes priority over active Data bundle. All chargeable activities (data,sms,calls) are billed first billed from the Awuf bonus offer.

The highlighted is where the problem is from
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by dolafunmi(f): 6:51am On Jun 09, 2018
Please how much is the welcome back kit at mtn walk in centres? The ones at Egbeda claim its N1000
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by dolafunmi(f): 6:56am On Jun 09, 2018
Do mtn centres open on saturdays?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by tayoccu(m): 7:29am On Jun 09, 2018
dolafunmi:
Please how much is the welcome back kit at mtn walk in centres? The ones at Egbeda claim its N1000

the welcome back sim is actually N100. However, you will be required to purchase a specified amount of airtime which will be credited into your account.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Ummulkhair01: 9:22am On Jun 09, 2018
Good evening boss, plz I want to retrieve my MTN SIM that I have lost since 2012. How feasible is this?? What are the the requirements and How much will it cost me ?? Also I have lost my sim pack how will I go about it??
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 3:47pm On Jun 11, 2018
Niniac62:
Good day JideSM, pls can u help me check my line. Noticed that mtn deducts my money anytime I recharge. The nos is: 08065797034. Thanks

Hi Niniac62, so sorry for the inconvenience. Please dial *447# to manage any active value added service on your line.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 3:51pm On Jun 11, 2018
dolafunmi:

Hi dolafunmi, the welcome back sim costs N100. However, you will be required to purchase a specified amount of airtime which will be credited into your account. In this case, a sum of N900 airtime will be credited in your account.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 4:03pm On Jun 11, 2018
dolafunmi:
Do mtn centres open on saturdays?

Hi dolafunmi, Yes please but not all MTN Walk-in centres depending on the discretion of the shop manager
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 4:07pm On Jun 11, 2018
Ummulkhair01:
Good evening boss, plz I want to retrieve my MTN SIM that I have lost since 2012. How feasible is this?? What are the the requirements and How much will it cost me ?? Also I have lost my sim pack how will I go about it??

Hi Ummulkhair01, i'm truly sorry about your lost sim. Please visit the nearest MTN Walk-in centre to retrieve the line. The requirements for Welcome back include:
The welcome back sim costs N100. However, you will be required to purchase a specified amount of airtime which will be credited into your account. Let me know if you need further clarification
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by giftedhands101: 9:58pm On Jun 12, 2018
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by topbollz(m): 12:54pm On Jun 14, 2018
I just loaded 1.5GB this morning and it got exhausted in less that 3 hrs. I was like wow this is strange. I decided to call customer care they told me. Its finished that to monitor my MTN Data usage I should download their app. MyMTN. I took the advice downloaded the said app and it was cool as per user Interface. Reloaded another 2.5GB data and in less than 20 mins I got an alert saying you have about 500MB Haa!!! MTN Wayoo... MTN No try at all. I caught them with their Salamis techniques of stealing back from customers. Called customer care and it was like I was taking to a Robot telling me it must be some app on my phone. The App that burns data most is YouTube because its video and O can't remember the last time I visited. The CSP kept on Repeating that it must be an application that used the data in 20mins how do you explain that. Fraud, fraud, fraud everywhere. How do you explain data purchase of 3700 in less than 5hrs and you bearly used it for anything. Every news about the country is just frustrating and now to do your work with data na wahala. MTN dey steal from you.

I have concluded its time to pack out of this MTN network like Zither the unfortunate part is they seems to be the only organization with good coverage that was why I opted for them in the first place. But with this sorry! Before now it was call rate wahala now that the demand on data is on the increase they are defrauding customers on that too. Anyone still thinking should not they are really stealing from us.

Government steal from us, politicians steal and now MTN! I will spread this news everywhere I go. Yeye people

Zither:
Many months ago, I discovered that MTN 1 month data sub was no longer enough to browse through nairaland or make few searches on google to last 1 week even though I tried never to download anything exceeding 6mb just to be sure where the problem laid. Alas, download or not, 1 month data sub was no longer enough to open google page (exaggerating but that's the picture). I knew it was a foul play from the end of MTN.

I quit data subscription on MTN. It was the best decision ever.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Niniac62(f): 10:53pm On Jun 14, 2018
JideSM:

Hi Niniac62, so sorry for the inconvenience. Please dial *447# to manage any active value added se :Prvice on your line.

Ok, thanks
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 10:03am On Jun 19, 2018
Y'ello, thank you for your message. I will like to know what made you have this conclusion, for right action from us as we do not offer any line monitoring/tapping service. You can share via PM.

giftedhands101:
@jideSM, please I suspect my line is being monitored/tapped. How do I confirm this?
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by xoella: 8:26am On Jun 20, 2018
xoella:
Good morning Mr JideSM, pls I'll like to know how to opt out of brain busters which I didn't suscribe for. I'm scared to recharge because I fear some amount will be deducted for the service. I've been getting messages like brainbusters renewal failed due to insufficient balance. Pls how do I opt out??

Thanks I've been able to unsubscribe

1 Like

Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 3:22pm On Jun 20, 2018
topbollz:
I just loaded 1.5GB this morning and it got exhausted in less that 3 hrs. I was like wow this is strange. I decided to call customer care they told me. Its finished that to monitor my MTN Data usage I should download their app. MyMTN. I took the advice downloaded the said app and it was cool as per user Interface. Reloaded another 2.5GB data and in less than 20 mins I got an alert saying you have about 500MB Haa!!! MTN Wayoo... MTN No try at all. I caught them with their Salamis techniques of stealing back from customers. Called customer care and it was like I was taking to a Robot telling me it must be some app on my phone. The App that burns data most is YouTube because its video and O can't remember the last time I visited. The CSP kept on Repeating that it must be an application that used the data in 20mins how do you explain that. Fraud, fraud, fraud everywhere. How do you explain data purchase of 3700 in less than 5hrs and you bearly used it for anything. Every news about the country is just frustrating and now to do your work with data na wahala. MTN dey steal from you.

I have concluded its time to pack out of this MTN network like Zither the unfortunate part is they seems to be the only organization with good coverage that was why I opted for them in the first place. But with this sorry! Before now it was call rate wahala now that the demand on data is on the increase they are defrauding customers on that too. Anyone still thinking should not they are really stealing from us.

Government steal from us, politicians steal and now MTN! I will spread this news everywhere I go. Yeye people

Hi topbollz, so sorry for the inconvenience you may have experienced. Please provide your mobile number and device type via E-mail message to enable me run a check. Regards
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 21, 2018
JideSM:

Hi topbollz, so sorry for the inconvenience you may have experienced. Please provide your mobile number and device type via E-mail message to enable me run a check. Regards
GOOD day bro,My phone was stolen last month and I called my no yesterday only for another person to pick it......The SIM was given to me by my dad without the SIM pack......My dad is late now i've been using this SIM for 3years.I will be glad if you can assist me in tracking the SIM location....
MOBILE NO:08136689028.
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by JideSM: 4:35pm On Jun 21, 2018
Agbakolly:
GOOD day bro,My phone was stolen last month and I called my no yesterday only for another person to pick it......The SIM was given to me by my dad without the SIM pack......My dad is late now i've been using this SIM for 3years.I will be glad if you can assist me in tracking the SIM location....
MOBILE NO:08136689028.

Hi Agbakolly, i'm truly sorry for the inconvenience. There is currently no service for tracking SIM location. However, you can retrieve the line. Please visit the nearest MTN Walk-in centre to perform a sim swap.
The requirements for Welcome back include:

The welcome back sim costs N100. However, you will be required to purchase a specified amount of airtime which will be credited into your account
Re: MTN Customer Care Thread by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 22, 2018
Pls oh my people . of recent mtn had been deducting my money for no reason. Just today they have deducted #50 naira again. I tried calling their customer care (180) could not get option for me to interact with any of their staff. Pls oh, what the way forward my people?

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (256) (Reply)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Mobile Phone Antivirus Software Download - Free. / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.