Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,856 members, 7,956,230 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:10 AM

Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request (14912 Views)

Keshi Has Lost It - Victor Ikpeba / Godfrey Oboabona On Trial At Arsenal / Victor Ikpeba And His Grammar Skills On TV (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by chuksjoe007: 4:31pm On Aug 01, 2013
arsenal just lost a great player... i guess Enyimba would just wrap up the deal.... grin
Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by RedRiver(m): 4:32pm On Aug 01, 2013
Oboabana. Apart from European based Africans, I do not see any other Africa player (not just Naija o) that will turn down a trial with Arsenal. I even doubt he turned down the offer, he must have come out with this excuse because he went for the trials and failed.

People how do you imagine someone playing in Sunshine not begging to join Arsenal cos you ve played in Afcon. Anyways 10 years from now u will realise your blunder. Here is an opportunity to make over 10 times your present pay and an opportunity to play in England and Champions league plus a chance to become very popular all over europe and you are saying you are too big for trials, You are too big and you are presently playing for Sunshine in Akure and planning to move to a bigger club like enugu Rangers. BRILLIANT BOY

2 Likes

Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by Idazinim: 4:42pm On Aug 01, 2013
Senatorxzibit: Oboabona made a wise decision,africans should be respected.playing in sunshine fc doesnt make him a average player

May Philosophy continue to oil your pen.

@ Oboabana, Maintain No one should unnecessarily wenger you. Maintain your belief in yourself. Arsene Wenger is badluck to African Players. Your dream Club is around the corner. B R A V O.
Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by goody36: 4:43pm On Aug 01, 2013
Who loses?
Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by Forzap: 4:45pm On Aug 01, 2013
gbawẹ́e:

In other words, he is better than all our defenders abi?

atulu

did i say he is beta dan all ur yeye defenders?dunce!
Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by BrightCar: 4:47pm On Aug 01, 2013
achu442:

Let him play against the Barca or Madrid and see how many balls he is going to stop.the goals go plenty
ATLEAST HE IS FAR BETTER THAN YOBO.
Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by ddeola: 4:50pm On Aug 01, 2013
I don't blame the young man jare, he's not desperate to join any so-called big team dat will mess him up. He wants a serious team dat will make d commitment of employing him where he can build his career. Make Wenger go sidon jare!
Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by nerodenero: 5:10pm On Aug 01, 2013
Dare14: space booked
Booked until when Oboabona gets to play in Europe before you can pass your comment abi!!!
Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by nerodenero: 5:15pm On Aug 01, 2013
Idazinim:

May Philosophy continue to oil your pen.

@ Oboabana, Maintain No one should unnecessarily wenger you. Maintain your belief in yourself. Arsene Wenger is badluck to African Players. Your dream Club is around the corner. B R A V O.
My thought too. The fact that many feels he is wrong for not going on trial, doesn't really mean he is wrong. He could be right or at the same wrong too. All the assumptions or should I say opinion are based on probability. I think it is just a matter of time before he gets a lucrative contract in a good club.
Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by BizBooks(m): 5:16pm On Aug 01, 2013
tdade: Errm... Eboue, Kolo Toure, Gervinho, Lauren, Charmakh, just to name a few!

When was the last time you saw Eboue and Kolo Toure in an Arsenal uniform? You are right,
Charmakh is Moroccan but he basically grew up in France.
Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by Nobody: 5:18pm On Aug 01, 2013
Wetin U̶̲̥̅̊ people dey talk,person play nations cup win, play confedrations cup, U̶̲̥̅̊ still dey talk about trials.shey d guy complain 4 sunshine ni ? Abi e talk say e dey hungry.
Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by logica(m): 5:32pm On Aug 01, 2013
Wenger's penchant for asking players for trials had cost Arsenal and will continue to. Back in 2000, he also asked one Ibrahimovic to come for trial and was turned down.
Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by Nobody: 5:49pm On Aug 01, 2013
as much as it is easy for those who do not believe in themselves aand their abilities to jump at the opportunity to travel out and also sign for arsenal,Do you think G.O did not think all this through before refusing the invitation?
you are all taking panadol for the guys headache when nhe is he one who will suffer or rejoice over his decision later in life.I support his stance for one purpose only......Nigerian football has been reduced to rubbish because of players going to Isreal,Indonesia,India,Japan,South Korea,Vietnam all in the name of trials........then you started seeing the recycling of p;layers who really do not cut it playing for the National team..Omeruo is a chelsea player whowent for trials with the club when he was very young.....not after the nations cup or b4 but a few years ago when he was too young to be a member of the team.
Arsene wenger is just looking for cheap signing so he can come and confuse you deluded arsenal fans that he is making some signings in the market...I bet you,same arsene would have asked omeruo to come for trials after the Nations cup if the boy was not already a chelsea player.
and also...did ikpeba go for trials when he signed with lokeren? need to know the answer to that
Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by jhidey08(m): 6:39pm On Aug 01, 2013
achu442:

Let him play against the Barca or Madrid and see how many balls he is going to stop.the goals go plenty
he played against bst strikers in d world and marked dem down. D lyks of suarez, drogba, cavani, and even torres. Dis issue is jst lyk a tlking drum, it faces sum pple and backs sum pple. Jst leave him wit his decision. We c things differently.
Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by babyboy3(m): 6:52pm On Aug 01, 2013
kayp: Since kolo toure did not go through trials before he joined arsenal, I see no reason why oboabona should undergo trial before he is given a contract.

Arsene Wenger brought Kolo, Yaya and Ebuoe from Abijan and put them in a Belgium club

1 Like

Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by Nobody: 6:52pm On Aug 01, 2013
Itoroetti :
Its high time africans are duely respected.
Its an insult to we africa.

who do you think is the best paid footballer in the world at this moment?
answer:ETO'O. if thats not respect,then what is respect den.
eto'o and obabona are from the continent,no setiment the guy is just a avearage player.
Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by EPOMA(m): 8:11pm On Aug 01, 2013
kayp: Since kolo toure did not go through trials before he joined arsenal, I see no reason why oboabona should undergo trial before he is given a contract.
Whole told you that he did not. What is trail, most african players from african league should go through trail, if you are a good manager you will see the potential.Babayaro was on trail in LA galaxy from UK. Some time trail could be needed if a player is getting back his form from injury. he should go prove himself and then have a clause on his contract. Even Kanu did the same when he join Arsenal
Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by ChukChinCol(m): 8:22pm On Aug 01, 2013
Mr Oversabi Wenger I presume that Djoruru are among those that passed ur 'economics' trial. We don't want a caption like 'A super eagle regular failed trial at a trophyless English club.
Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by Nobody: 8:38pm On Aug 01, 2013
EPOMA:
Whole told you that he did not. What is trail, most african players from african league should go through trail, if you are a good manager you will see the potential.Babayaro was on trail in LA galaxy from UK. Some time trail could be needed if a player is getting back his form from injury. he should go prove himself and then have a clause on his contract. Even Kanu did the same when he join Arsenal

wow! babayaro on trial with la galaxy!!!! was that after he became a washed player or while he was still very active..the same babayaro that won young player of the year in belgium for 2 straight seasons then moved to chelsea before moving to newcastle?and when did kanu go for trial with arsenal?same kanu that was at ajax,won uefa champions league then went to inter and was a star along with the real ronaldo before heart surgery then joined arsenal?when did he go for trial...
that is how u people spread false rumors
Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by Akiika: 8:50pm On Aug 01, 2013
I sorry for the yeye boy, na sunshine he go grow grey hair for. What stupid ego, go for the trial and prove your worth.
And to those of you that thinks African players should be respected.....wetin una sabi sef? all these players only get polished when they play in Europe. The Nation's cup win was as a result of the lowest standard of African football. The confederation cup exposed the super eagles a little bit. African football is abysmal.

2 Likes

Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by Kgdavid(m): 8:50pm On Aug 01, 2013
still this same argument? its really funny how most of you are here saying african should be respected... why should africa be respected? have we produced any exploits on the world stage? what has african football as a whole done to deserve any respect its really funny cuz if this guy was ur brother or family member you would be begging him to go for the trial. anyway Godfrey Ogboabona is his own man. every man knows what he wants in life so as far as i'm concerned the only right thing he should have done is the one that gives him maximum personal satisfaction.
Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by rusher14: 9:44pm On Aug 01, 2013
ChukChinCol: Mr Oversabi Wenger I presume that Djoruru are among those that passed ur 'economics' trial. We don't want a caption like 'A super eagle regular failed trial at a trophyless English club.
I wish to clear some doubt.
Djourou was brought in as a trainee from the youth team.
But it appears you guys don't see the point.
Football is business and only when a manager is convinced about a player's ability,work ethic, mentality and capacity to play to his master-plan is he then awarded a contract.
We are talking serious bucks here so patriotism may be blinding a lot of us into applauding the young man's decision but it may yet come back to haunt him (if indeed the story is even true).
G.O may be even better than Maldini (only time would tell) but for now he is nothing better than a home based player who was part of an African Nations cup winning team (some might say big deal).
Truth is, the Confederations cup showed the stratum on which the Nations cup lies at the moment (subterranean at the best).
One often has to stoop to conquer and that is where G.O has failed in my opinion.
Work ethic as i said earlier could also be reason enough to sign a player (not so sure what it says for G.O).
Recommendations are also made in the world of football (think Palacios and even our very own Yakubu).
G.O is by no means the finished product and could have learnt a thing or two even by sheer observation if he had availed himself of the opportunity.
Well, many are called...

2 Likes

Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by Nobody: 10:35pm On Aug 01, 2013
Kgdavid: still this same argument? its really funny how most of you are here saying african should be respected... why should africa be respected? have we produced any exploits on the world stage? what has african football as a whole done to deserve any respect its really funny cuz if this guy was ur brother or family member you would be begging him to go for the trial. anyway Godfrey Ogboabona is his own man. every man knows what he wants in life so as far as i'm concerned the only right thing he should have done is the one that gives him maximum personal satisfaction.
Ghana,Nigeria,Senegal,IVC have all performed relatively in World cups......you seem not to get the point of beig respected.its because other players were so quick to jump at ridiculous offers that made africa or Nigeria in particular a laughing stock.Back when our players had pride in themselves,you had kanu walking into ajax,you had okocha walking into eintract frankfurt,you had finidi walking into real betis,you had muitu walking into rayo valecano,you had ikpeba walking into lokeren,you had keshi walking into anderlecht which was one of the best teams in the world then,uche okechukwu walked into brondby, and i cant remember these players going for trials.my point is if you do not take pride in what you do as a person,no one else will
Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by Nobody: 10:36pm On Aug 01, 2013
rusher14:
I wish to clear some doubt.
Djourou was brought in as a trainee from the youth team.
But it appears you guys don't see the point.
Football is business and only when a manager is convinced about a player's ability,work ethic, mentality and capacity to play to his master-plan is he then awarded a contract.
We are talking serious bucks here so patriotism may be blinding a lot of us into applauding the young man's decision but it may yet come back to haunt him (if indeed the story is even true).
G.O may be even better than Maldini (only time would tell) but for now he is nothing better than a home based player who was part of an African Nations cup winning team (some might say big deal).
Truth is, the Confederations cup showed the stratum on which the Nations cup lies at the moment (subterranean at the best).
One often has to stoop to conquer and that is where G.O has failed in my opinion.
Work ethic as i said earlier could also be reason enough to sign a player (not so sure what it says for G.O).
Recommendations are also made in the world of football (think Palacios and even our very own Yakubu).
G.O is by no means the finished product and could have learnt a thing or two even by sheer observation if he had availed himself of the opportunity.
Well, many are called...

No worry with una arsenal sabi sabi business,sheybi d man don play una 419 again this year.....how many years again without winning pin?no worry,when una fail to qualify for champs league,una eye go clear
Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by Nobody: 10:38pm On Aug 01, 2013
Akiika: I sorry for the yeye boy, na sunshine he go grow grey hair for. What stupid ego, go for the trial and prove your worth.
And to those of you that thinks African players should be respected.....wetin una sabi sef? all these players only get polished when they play in Europe. The Nation's cup win was as a result of the lowest standard of African football. The confederation cup exposed the super eagles a little bit. African football is abysmal.
we played against SAmerican champions,world champions and euro champions...guess brazil wey flog spain as spain flog us showed how useless la liga and spanish national team is abi?based on your flawed logic
Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by rusher14: 12:06am On Aug 02, 2013
milehigh06:
No worry with una arsenal sabi sabi business,sheybi d man don play una 419 again this year.....how many years again without winning pin?no worry,when una fail to qualify for champs league,una eye go clear
Once in a while one might digress.
Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by LoveFootball1: 12:44am On Aug 02, 2013
LoveFootball Fantasy League- Nigeria's First Online Fantasy League

www.lovefootballfc.com

Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by logica(m): 3:24am On Aug 02, 2013
Tadon200:

who do you think is the best paid footballer in the world at this moment?
answer:ETO'O. if thats not respect,then what is respect den.
eto'o and obabona are from the continent,no setiment the guy is just a avearage player.
Really? Eto'o had to go to a backwater club owned by a billionaire before he could earn that status. He would never have been so highly paid even during a period he was clearly the best striker in the world.
Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by Kgdavid(m): 6:09am On Aug 02, 2013
milehigh06:
Ghana,Nigeria,Senegal,IVC have all performed relatively in World cups......you seem not to get the point of beig respected.its because other players were so quick to jump at ridiculous offers that made africa or Nigeria in particular a laughing stock.Back when our players had pride in themselves,you had kanu walking into ajax,you had okocha walking into eintract frankfurt,you had finidi walking into real betis,you had muitu walking into rayo valecano,you had ikpeba walking into lokeren,you had keshi walking into anderlecht which was one of the best teams in the world then,uche okechukwu walked into brondby, and i cant remember these players going for trials.my point is if you do not take pride in what you do as a person,no one else will

performed well relative to who? relative to european countries? hell no. relative to south american countries? hell no. relative to asian and north american countries? maybe. so for now africa as a whole must accept that we are still inferior to europe and south america. superior football quality is just one of the reasons why playing in europe is so highly desirable. you have forgotten that the main reason african players jump at the opportunity to play in europe is simply for financial gains. also pride must be earned. thirdly pride must be put in its proper place which is behind other more practical condsiderations. for someone who's profession is football, you need to do what you can do to get to the top. showing pride won't make you a better player but playing for arsenal certainly will. showing pride won't put food on your table for years after your career. playing for arsenal will! i'm sure godfrey myt still get another european club anyway but ur arguments are invalid. its very simple. you thin arsenal invited him for trials merely to embarrass him? don't you realize it is even more expensive for arsenal to first invite him for trials before signing him? as an invited player all his expense would be covered by the club probably with an allowance during his stay. do you think if they felt it was not necessary to have him on trial they would go through all that trouble? Godfrey should not be embarrassed, it is the Nigerian premier league that should be embarrassed
Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by TheMadame(f): 7:56am On Aug 02, 2013
At times,we need to stoop to conquer.
Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by omar22(m): 10:53am On Aug 02, 2013
milehigh06:

wow! babayaro on trial with la galaxy!!!! was that after he became a washed player or while he was still very active..the same babayaro that won young player of the year in belgium for 2 straight seasons then moved to chelsea before moving to newcastle?and when did kanu go for trial with arsenal?same kanu that was at ajax,won uefa champions league then went to inter and was a star along with the real ronaldo before heart surgery then joined arsenal?when did he go for trial...
that is how u people spread false rumors

Babayaro did go on trial at La Galaxy when Ruud Gullit was the manager, He was told he wasnt fit enough.
Re: Ikpeba & Adepoju Differ On Oboabona's Arsenal Trial Request by ideylaff: 11:34am On Aug 02, 2013
vislabraye: It's a bit down grading. Wenger could be very funny at times. He sed the same thing to Ibrahamovic< but his agent hit back on Wenger.
But in Ogbonna's scenario, its quite different. Our league has not really grown to that stage. I think he shud just go

everyone keep using the same Zlatan Ibrahimovis example over and over and over again, is Wenger the only player to miss out on a big talent... For Christ sake, we had Henry, Vieira and Berkhamp in the team that Ibra was trying to ask for a permernanet shiort for back den....did ibar become a star the following year he was turned down @ Arenal> No end of story...

b4 you look @ what he has missed out on how about you balance it with the number of talent Arsene Wenger has discovered and harnessed.... This Zlatan Ibarahimovic example is getting boring now

Please lets name the talents Wenger has discovered and worked with

Its not as if Obaoabana is hot cake everywhere... so wia is the mouth hes making...wia?

ennuff of ds Zlatan.. lets start to name people like

Henry, Pires, Vieira, Pettis, Overmars, Anelka, Wilshere, Wiltord,

And to those who said Arsenal treated Kanu badly have a look at the Arsenal Website Kanu was the pic of the day yesterday as player to be remembered, if Kanu is still treated as a hero at Arsenal and Kanu knows so, why do people talk rubbish cos Kanu moved on to another team

He never moved on in bitter terms...hes 4 ever grateful to Wenger when he rescued him after InterMilan were using the Surgeons report to get rid of him

Lets be fair on Wenger and Arsenal here guys... please

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Cameroon Withdraws Joel Tagueu From AFCON Over Life-threatening Heart Defect / Man City To Trigger Erling Haaland's £63 Million Release Clause / CWG: Opara Wins Nigeria’s First Medal In Glasgow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.