Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,321 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration (5366 Views)

I Will Lead A War Against Apc Like Ojukwu-wike / I’ll Lead Massive Campaign Against APC – Bode George / CAN Gives Kwara 7-day Ultimatum To Redress Discrimination Against Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by karlmax2: 10:15pm On Aug 01, 2013
commenced moves to seek a court order to stop the independent National Electoral Commission from fielding any candidate under the APC Acronym in the Anambra state governorship election.

Speaking at a media briefing in Abuja, the national chairman of the party, Chief Onyinye Ikeagwuonu explained that there is an on-going litigation over the acronym, which the party instituted to challenge the registration of the All Progressives Congress.

Chief Ikeawguonu wants only the APC Acronym to be featured on the ballot paper so that any of the parties that wins in court will inherit the mandate if the APC wins the Anambra governorship election.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2013/08/01/rival-apc-seeks-redress-against-apc-registration/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by karlmax2: 10:19pm On Aug 01, 2013
The African Peoples Congress has commenced moves to seek a court order to stop the independent National Electoral Commission from fielding any candidate under the APC Acronym in the Anambra state governorship election.

Speaking at a media briefing in Abuja, the national chairman of the party, Chief Onyinye Ikeagwuonu explained that there is an on-going litigation over the acronym, which the party instituted to challenge the registration of the All Progressives Congress.

Chief Ikeawguonu wants only the APC Acronym to be featured on the ballot paper so that any of the parties that wins in court will inherit the mandate if the APC wins the Anambra governorship election.
Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by pboiskinpy(m): 10:05am On Aug 02, 2013
I won't say first to comment before the wise ones attack or ban me....

@topic-apc ko,opc ni...Ndi ara
Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by venorite(m): 10:05am On Aug 02, 2013
lmfao...clowns
Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by danomasoro(m): 10:06am On Aug 02, 2013
APC 4 LIFE

3 Likes

Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by richt75: 10:08am On Aug 02, 2013
i am here today for the first time. we want good leaders not good parties or party names.

1 Like

Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by searay(m): 10:08am On Aug 02, 2013
Booked. Driving now
Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by Ibangap(m): 10:09am On Aug 02, 2013
Funny how some people can fail and not realize that they have failed.
Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by Eminentsam(m): 10:11am On Aug 02, 2013
Peter Obi already shaking..hahaha.hate it or love it NGIGE will rule Anambra again.singing..Ngige Ngige Ngige ka anyi ga eso ma ona eje eje ma ona ana ana Ngige ka anyi ga eso.

2 Likes

Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by EllyBrainyTM: 10:11am On Aug 02, 2013
They are acting Political Movie,Me just doing Political Viewing

1 Like

Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by Doyensky: 10:12am On Aug 02, 2013
na so political party name scarce ? Dem no fit formulate anoda name. Mtchew
Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by obizy1(m): 10:12am On Aug 02, 2013
EllyBrainy™:
Na my space be this
u buy space
Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by obizy1(m): 10:12am On Aug 02, 2013
EllyBrainy™:
Na my space be this
u buy space?
Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by dridowu: 10:14am On Aug 02, 2013
Thank God the case is in court, let c who wins
Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by Maxymilliano(m): 10:14am On Aug 02, 2013
karl max:

Reaping where you did not sow or what sort of logic is the bold part?

1 Like

Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 02, 2013
u av kumbak wit anoda method in oda 2 deal wit u.
Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by Fazhy: 10:21am On Aug 02, 2013
Okay. Somebody is paying. grin

Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by henryvirus(m): 10:22am On Aug 02, 2013
mtchew! as though d new party will foster development in Nigeria.
Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by nkemKalu: 10:23am On Aug 02, 2013
SINGING.........U BE THIEF, I NO BE THIEF, U BE ROBBER, I NO BE ARMED ROBBER. ARGUEMENT ARGUEMENT........ALL OVER. CATCHAM CATCHAM....THIEF THIEF THIEF. HAHAHAHA......I REMEMBERD FELA. THESE PEOPLE WANT TO STEAL APC NAME......OOOOOO
PDP AT WORK.........PAPA DECEIVE PICKIN.......POVERTY DEVELOPMENT PARTY..........PROPER DIRTY PARTY.

2 Likes

Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by chymystique(f): 10:38am On Aug 02, 2013
I dnt like APC as a Party.. Buh as long as Ngige is contestin under thr flag no prob... Ngige is good to go!!
Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by Noblechyk: 10:39am On Aug 02, 2013
D unregistered APC may b fake but shouldn't be taken for granted. They may hav d ability to bite especially now they are in court.
Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by omenka(m): 10:42am On Aug 02, 2013
Abt to deliver a speech in a conference. Will be bk.

Ok, i'm back. Now we know this is all a part of the grand plot by the killer party to scuttle any chances of a formidable opposition: hav them register the coalition, withraw their respective individual party certificates rendering the parties that 4med the coalition nonexistent, then use a proxy party to bombard them with endless litigations! It is all too obvious. So the legal battle isnt abt name anymore but abt fielding candidates! I guess someone is damn too scared of contesting an electn just as he was debating. Shame! APC is here to stay, like it or not.
Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by EllyBrainyTM: 10:44am On Aug 02, 2013
obizy1:
u buy space?
Na your Name dey the Space
Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by omarky(m): 10:46am On Aug 02, 2013
Dis fake APC guy na yeye guy...... Una wan reap wr u no sow. Dis guy shhud go and sleep. He's too small to truncate our electorial process. Ngigge all d way.....
Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by jemoke: 10:54am On Aug 02, 2013
The guy is smart.logically he has a point.only court action will decide APC feature>The rule of law must be applied [/b][b]
Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by Adagba1: 11:01am On Aug 02, 2013
Why are Ibos always used for this kind of dirty jobs?

1 Like

Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by LibertyRep: 11:15am On Aug 02, 2013
This APC registration appears to be a dug pit for the opposition. I don't want to believe that INEC acted in good faith. I expect INEC and indeed the acclaimed progressives to know that once a matter is in court, u don't make decisions yet. What if the court decides in favour of the rival APC?
Do they wish to stir public sentiment again? We are watching.
Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by LBT: 11:24am On Aug 02, 2013
pboiskinpy: I won't say first to comment before the wise ones attack or ban me....

@topic-apc ko,opc ni...Ndi ara
achiri!
Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by pistol: 11:30am On Aug 02, 2013
LibertyRep: This APC registration appears to be a dug pit for the opposition. I don't want to believe that INEC acted in good faith. I expect INEC and indeed the acclaimed progressives to know that once a matter is in court, u don't make decisions yet. What if the court decides in favour of the rival APC?
Do they wish to stir public sentiment again? We are watching.

Every sane mind has been telling this APC goons to change name but the will not hear..
in the elevnth hour just to the build up to the general elections and the court delivers its judgment ceding the patent right to the name to other group,
U will just see this goons flooding here crying blue murder.
They will not make hay now while the sun shines.
Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by figment232(m): 11:49am On Aug 02, 2013
pistol:

Every sane mind has been telling this APC goons to change name but the will not hear..
in the elevnth hour just to the build up to the general elections and the court delivers its judgment ceding the patent right to the name to other group,
See gobe!.....laughing aloud
Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by nkemKalu: 11:50am On Aug 02, 2013
pistol:

....The truth of the matter is that APC has been registered and there is nothing anybody can do about it. The rival APC are just making noise to seek for relevance. U cannot claim what has not been registered in your name. Just like a trade mark, u cannot claim to own a trade mark if the authority has not vetted and approved its registration for u. INEC is the sole authority vested with the powers to register political parties and they have in their list all the acronyms submitted for registration and if urs is not in line they can disallow it. If u go for a name search in corporate affairs commission, will you start claiming a name that has not been registered for u? THE RIVAL APC CAN BE IN COURT BUT THE TRUTH IS THAT INEC HAS DONE ITS JOB........PERIOD AND AS FAR AS THEIR LIST IS CONCERNED THERE IS NO RIVAL APC.

1 Like

Re: Rival APC Seeks Redress Against APC Registration by tomzman: 11:57am On Aug 02, 2013
Clowns!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Indian Prime Minister Pulling Nigerian Boys Ears / Final Result Sheet Of Imo Governorship Polls, Okorocha Wins! / Did Nnamdi Kanu Really Ask Igbos To Kill Yoruba People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.