Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,771 members, 7,820,694 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- - Religion (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- (33213 Views)

What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? / The Early Church Vs The Modern Church / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 12:59am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
..so the Catholics are ''darkness'', right?

Allude what you want. I am off to bed. All i owe you are my prayers right now because i have told you the truth. Good night!
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 1:00am On Aug 18, 2013
free2ryhme:

Revelation 3:20

'Behold, I stand at the door and knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me.
..if I still refuse to do that nko?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 1:00am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
...since you beleive that I have sold my soul to the devil, pls promise me you wont come to share a place with me in hell, pls?

who said anything abt hell
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 1:02am On Aug 18, 2013
naijadeyhia:

Allude what you want. I am off to bed. All i owe you are my prayers right now because i have told you the truth. Good night!
I only got that from your post o...abi you wan deny your own post?

And how am I so sure that you told the truth?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 1:03am On Aug 18, 2013
free2ryhme:

who said anything abt hell
noo, I didnt mention that you did o...but you know that whosoever seelss his soul to the devil will perish in hell, dont you?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 1:05am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
..if I still refuse to do that nko?

Jesus will continue to knock even to the last minute
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 1:06am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
noo, I didnt mention that you did o...but you know that whosoever seelss his soul to the devil will perish in hell, dont you?

i said catholic rituals are the same as satanic ones.

do you want to sell your soul to the devil and go to heaven undecided
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 1:06am On Aug 18, 2013
free2ryhme:

Jesus will continue to knock even to the last minute
...and if I still not open for him?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 1:09am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
...and if I still not open for him?

.. to the very last minute
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 1:09am On Aug 18, 2013
free2ryhme:

i said catholic rituals are the same as satanic ones.

do you want to sell your soul to the devil and go to heaven undecided
..good because those are your thoughts
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 1:10am On Aug 18, 2013
free2ryhme:

.. to the very last minute
yes, to the last day?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 1:11am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
..good because those are your thoughts

those are not my thoughts

but rather what is obvious
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 1:12am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
yes, to the last day?

to the very last minute
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 1:13am On Aug 18, 2013
free2ryhme:

those are not my thoughts

but rather what is obvious
it obvious to you that if I dont change my beleif, I will rot in hell, right?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 1:14am On Aug 18, 2013
free2ryhme:

to the very last minute
clown...on the very last day, if I am still unrepentant, what will happen to me?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 1:16am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
it obvious to you that if I dont change my beleif, I will rot in hell, right?

go read your bible your answer is there
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 1:17am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
clown...on the very last day, if I am still unrepentant, what will happen to me?

And your living proof!  I may be a clown, but I'm God's clown!

grin grin
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 1:17am On Aug 18, 2013
free2ryhme:

go read your bible your answer is there
Catholics do not study bible as you claim, how will I know where to get my answer from?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 1:18am On Aug 18, 2013
free2ryhme:

And your living proof!  I may be a clown, but I'm God's clown!

grin grin
are you sure of that?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 1:19am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
Catholics do not study bible as you claim, how will I know where to get my answer from?

you have an opportunity to study it is free ..

the money wey u dey spend for BIS reach to buy bible grin grin grin
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 1:20am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
are you sure of that?

ask me again
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 1:21am On Aug 18, 2013
free2ryhme:

you have an opportunity to study it is free ..

the money wey u dey spend for BIS reach to buy bible grin grin grin
..as usual...
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 1:32am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
..as usual...

when u buy the bible go and study

you will find the answers you seek

if you no ping for 1 hr you no go die
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 2:31am On Aug 18, 2013
Much noise less substance, that's what protestantism has brought. Disobedience breeds dissent. All those united against the catholic church cannot hold unto a single teaching. Why are people so blind to see that the Holy Spirit cannot be the author of these contradictory teachings. What folly have I not seen here? Someone once told me that "half education" is dangerous. You read bible in english language, about the fourth translation, then you are now a theologian, knowing the culture of the jews, greeks etc involved in the writings. Oh and in ignorance, empty vessels make loud noise, oh there will be surprises on that day, oh yes there will be surprises. Obedience they say is the first law in heaven, the lord demanded that of us, even to civil rulers, but no martin luther and his cohorts prefered sacrifice, how many of his children know that martin luther preached in honour of Mary? Our religion is not that of book dropped from heaven, it is that of tradition, both oral and written, with the custodians and teachers handed down in apostolic succesion . Who ever believes that church is a body of "belivers", who do not have one faith, one baptism and one Lord is worthy of Anathema. Maranatha!
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 4:47am On Aug 18, 2013
Syncan: Much noise less substance, that's what protestantism has brought. Disobedience breeds dissent. All those united against the catholic church cannot hold unto a single teaching. Why are people so blind to see that the Holy Spirit cannot be the author of these contradictory teachings. What folly have I not seen here? Someone once told me that "half education" is dangerous. You read bible in english language, about the fourth translation, then you are now a theologian, knowing the culture of the jews, greeks etc involved in the writings. Oh and in ignorance, empty vessels make loud noise, oh there will be surprises on that day, oh yes there will be surprises. Obedience they say is the first law in heaven, the lord demanded that of us, even to civil rulers, but no martin luther and his cohorts prefered sacrifice, how many of his children know that martin luther preached in honour of Mary? Our religion is not that of book dropped from heaven, it is that of tradition, both oral and written, with the custodians and teachers handed down in apostolic succesion . Who ever believes that church is a body of "belivers", who do not have one faith, one baptism and one Lord is worthy of Anathema. Maranatha!

You Catholics truly need to study your scriptures as Jesus commaned!
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by italo: 8:16am On Aug 18, 2013
Where did Jesus command that?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 9:52am On Aug 18, 2013
happy sunday sweet people of God...and children of Mary.

Hope we all enjoyed the mass and services of today? I am sure we did.

So, lets us like try something new today..
Lets discus what was taught in our various place of worship today, who knows, we might learn one or 2 things from each other..

Let there be a breath of fresh air from all these arguements.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by philfearon(m): 10:04am On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
happy sunday sweet people of God...and children of Mary.

Hope we all enjoyed the mass and services of today? I am sure we did.

So, lets us like try something new today..
Lets discus what was taught in our various place of worship today, who knows, we might learn one or 2 things from each other..

Let there be a breath of fresh air from all these arguements.
tnx
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by philfearon(m): 10:07am On Aug 18, 2013
I thought this thread should have been closed now,but since it is still running,AM BACK.............
I have got questions for Free2Rhyme and Naijadeyhia and Superior.....
Do u People celebrate Christmas and Easter?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by SalC: 11:14am On Aug 18, 2013
Happy sunday to my brethren
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by SalC: 11:16am On Aug 18, 2013
In today's first reading, Jer38v4-10, we see the prophet Jeremiah suffer for preaching the truth. Most times, we are economical we the truth because of fear or what we think is respect but in truth we are only afraid of he who can only kill the body yet the scripture says in Mat 10 V 28" Do not be afraid of those who kill only the body but cannot kill the soul rather be afraid of God who can destroy both body and soul in hell"

Jeremiah suffered for the sake of God but God did not let him down or forsake him in his time of need. God rescued Jeremiah, our's can't be different. Declare God's word fearlessly, let's not relent for in time of trouble, God is there to deliver us.

In the gospel of today, Luke12V 49-53 Jesus said he did not come to the world to bring peace but division.

Let does not mean literally that he came to bring problems and division but he knows too well and he's trying to let us know that his gospel will not always go down well with everyone and that some will believe while others will not and therefore people will always disagree with one another concerning his massage. And for that various interpretation will come up which will contradict each other. Some will not even believe in his existence in the first place, others will not believe he died not to talk of resurrection.

For this reason those who believe in one thing will be against the others who did not hence his words "I came to set the world on fire" not literal fire but the fire of opposing believe.

An instance the priest gave today was that of a late Cardinal who was born into a jewish family and was to become the Rabbi after his father, at age 18 he came in contact with some Christian boy and they started preaching to him. At 23 he told his family of his desire to become a christian. This did not go down well with his family and his consequently, he was disowned yet he persevered and at the long run became a priest.

On the day of his ordination, he was asked how he felt being ordained without any member of his family gracing the occasion, his responses was " if my family were to be here, it means the gospel of Christ which says Fathers will be against their son for his sake would not have been fulfilled" but their absence simply proved the fulfilment of Christ's words in his life.
He lived happily and was a Cardinal before his death.

Finally let's stand firm in Christ for he has conquered the world, we too are more than conquerors by the blood of the lamb and by the words of our testimony.

DOMINUS VOBISCUM...

3 Likes

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by SalC: 11:23am On Aug 18, 2013
Do have a blessed week ahead.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

"I Was Healed Of HIV At Father Ebube Muonso's Adoration Ministry" - Lady (Video) / Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation / Pastor Abel Damina: Hallelujah Is Not A Heavenly Language (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.