Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- - Religion (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- (33228 Views)

What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? / The Early Church Vs The Modern Church / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by italo: 11:26am On Aug 18, 2013
@Sal C,

Thanks for that.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 11:43am On Aug 18, 2013
Sal C: In today's first reading, Jer38v4-10, we see the prophet Jeremiah suffer for preaching the truth. Most times, we are economical we the truth because of fear or what we think is respect but in truth we are only afraid of he who can only kill the body yet the scripture says in Mat 10 V 28" Do not be afraid of those who kill only the body but cannot kill the soul rather be afraid of God who can destroy both body and soul in hell"

Jeremiah suffered for the sake of God but God did not let him down or forsake him in his time of need. God rescued Jeremiah, our's can't be different. Declare God's word fearlessly, let's not relent for in time of trouble, God is there to deliver us.

In the gospel of today, Luke12V 49-53 Jesus said he did not come to the world to bring peace but division.

Let does not mean literally that he came to bring problems and division but he knows too well and he's trying to let us know that his gospel will not always go down well with everyone and that some will believe while others will not and therefore people will always disagree with one another concerning his massage. And for that various interpretation will come up which will contradict each other. Some will not even believe in his existence in the first place, others will not believe he died not to talk of resurrection.

For this reason those who believe in one thing will be against the others who did not hence his words "I came to set the world on fire" not literal fire but the fire of opposing believe.

An instance the priest gave today was that of a late Cardinal who was born into a jewish family and was to become the Rabbi after his father, at age 18 he came in contact with some Christian boy and they started preaching to him. At 23 he told his family of his desire to become a christian. This did not go down well with his family and his consequently, he was disowned yet he persevered and at the long run became a priest.

On the day of his ordination, he was asked how he felt being ordained without any member of his family gracing the occasion, his responses was " if my family were to be here, it means the gospel of Christ which says Fathers will be against their son for his sake would not have been fulfilled" but their absence simply proved the fulfilment of Christ's words in his life.
He lived happily and was a Cardinal before his death.

Finally let's stand firm in Christ for he has conquered the world, we too are more than conquerors by the blood of the lamb and by the words of our testimony.

DOMINUS VOBISCUM...
ET CUM SPIRITU TUO...
THANKS MY BROTHER
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 6:28pm On Aug 18, 2013
does that mean only the catholics went to church?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 6:35pm On Aug 18, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
don't mind them , bunch of pretenders
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by italo: 9:31pm On Aug 18, 2013
Their message is the same everyday: prosperity!

So what do you expect them to say?

Maria-Goretti:
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by italo: 9:35pm On Aug 18, 2013
As for me, I went to evening mass. The priest mainly talked about how we must realize that pain and suffering is part of our existence. If we are to be disciples, we must take up our cross and follow Jesus daily...and the cross is an instrument of pain and shame.

But tell that to "it is not my portion" people and they will start riot.

"Cha cha cha...ba ba ba...singamasinga"

e.

2 Likes

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Double27: 12:31am On Aug 19, 2013
free2ryhme:

i said catholic rituals are the same as satanic ones.

do you want to sell your soul to the devil and go to heaven undecided
We like it that way.

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 5:08am On Aug 19, 2013
My reflections this morning was based on Monastic life..
"You must learn to renounce your own will in many things,if you wish to keep peace and concord with others....."''
Imitations of Christ

may our Lord Jesus Christ helps us to practice interior mortification and humility. amen

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by try69: 7:34pm On Aug 19, 2013
And the gates of hell shall never prevail against her..

PAX TECUM

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by SalC: 8:37am On Aug 20, 2013
Good morning my brothers and sisters in Christ.
2cor13v13 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

Have a fulfilled day ahead.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by asadokie: 3:02pm On Aug 20, 2013
superior1:

All Christians are blessed just like Abraham was and we don't pray in Abraham's name. Can you show where in the Bible we are asked to pray in the name of Mary?

when you say the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob, what are you doing?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 4:24pm On Aug 20, 2013
asadokie:

when you say the God of Abraham Isaac and Jacob, what are you doing?

I am calling God by the name He called Himself in the Bible

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by GozieEmma: 8:13pm On Aug 20, 2013
I just want to say a big thank you to all those who have been propagating the true teachings of the Catholic faith which are both taken from the sacred scriptures (the Bible) and sacred tradition of the Jewish people of old. I want you all to know that we do not owe anyone any apology for our beliefs, they are deep rooted in Christ who is the author and finisher of our faith.

Lets understand that not all that happened even in the time of Christ are captured in the bible but those that are there are there so that we might believe, the bible says this much. One thing I know for sure is that if the church were to be evil as many of our brothers who have refused to understand has claimed, it would have been history but for over 2000 years it has continued to wax strong. What I know is that the platform on which most of this christian churches are riding on were built by the catholic churches (I do not want to go further on this as we have nothing to prove to anyone). What I do not understand is why & how some people can claim they know the bible more than those who put them together (except anyone wants to claim anything contrary as per the existence of any present day church before the catholic church).

Experience has thought me that we need not waste our time with those casting aspersions on us. Their aspersions casting acts would only show reasonable people that we are true. This is part of the cross that the Christ expects us to carry. Lets also not cast aspersions on them but show them love and the way to the faith that has sustained us for more than 2000 years.

For a good part of my higher Institution's education, I attended a pentecostal church in Enugu, however, I knew I had no fulfilment in God until I retraced my step back to my root in the Catholic Church and I say it without any fear of conviction that I would remain in the Church until I die.

I know the church does not in anyway worship nor encourage anyone to worship Idols nor even Mary. But one thing I want to say here is that I would honour the blessed virgin mary until I die, if the Holy Spirit and Christ did that, whom am I not to do same? We do not need to stress ourselves explaining to anyone who does not want to learn with the aim of making informed judgement. One thing I sure know is that God knows the end from the beginning. Lets hold our peace everyone and let the Lord continue to show his people the light.

No man has the right to abrogate to himself the power to judge another, it is the sole right of God except you want to be judged with the standard you used in the case of others. God forbid.

Together lets show love to our haters/enemies as Christ requests of us, that is the ultimate duty we owe them.

God bless you all.

5 Likes

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 2:51am On Aug 21, 2013
free2ryhme:

You Catholics truly need to study your scriptures as Jesus commaned!

You particularly should study more under guidance, for even in this post alone, you've shown great ignorance.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 2:57am On Aug 21, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
My reflections this morning was based on Monastic life..
"You must learn to renounce your own will in many things,if you wish to keep peace and concord with others....."''
Imitations of Christ

may our Lord Jesus Christ helps us to practice interior mortification and humility. amen
;
We need saints out of ordinary people! The world is filled with empty noise making vessels, puffed up in pride. That(which you have posted) is the way of the cross sister, pick it up and follow Christ.

May His Divine light guide our path.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 3:01am On Aug 21, 2013
Sal C: Good morning my brothers and sisters in Christ.
2cor13v13 The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

Have a fulfilled day ahead.

Late did I come, but may you be richly blessed as well.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 3:03am On Aug 21, 2013
italo: As for me, I went to evening mass. The priest mainly talked about how we must realize that pain and suffering is part of our existence. If we are to be disciples, we must take up our cross and follow Jesus daily...and the cross is an instrument of pain and shame.

But tell that to "it is not my portion" people and they will start riot.

"Cha cha cha...ba ba ba...singamasinga"

e.

It is not their portion...Lol
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 10:16am On Aug 21, 2013
GozieEmma: I just want to say a big thank you to all those who have been propagating the true teachings of the Catholic faith which are both taken from the sacred scriptures (the Bible) and sacred tradition of the Jewish people of old. I want you all to know that we do not owe anyone any apology for our beliefs, they are deep rooted in Christ who is the author and finisher of our faith.

Lets understand that not all that happened even in the time of Christ are captured in the bible but those that are there are there so that we might believe, the bible says this much. One thing I know for sure is that if the church were to be even as many of our brothers who have refused to understand has claimed, it would have been history but for over 2 years it is still waxing strong. What I know is that the platform on which most of this christian churches are riding on were built by the catholic churches (I do not want to go further on this as we have nothing to prove to anyone). What I do not understand is why & how some people can claim they know the bible more than those who put them together (except anyone wants to claim anything contrary).

Experience has thought me that we need not waste our time with those casting aspersions on us, that would only show reasonable people that we are true. This is part of the cross that the Christ expects us to carry. Lets also not cast aspersions on them but show them the love and way to the faith that has sustained us for more than 2000 years.

For a good part of my higher Institution I attended a pentecostal church in Enugu, however, I knew I had no fulfilment in God until I retraced my step back to my root in the Catholic Church and I say it without any fear of conviction that I would remain in the Church until I die.

I know the church does not in anyway worship nor encourage anyone to worship Idols nor even Mary. But one thing I want to say here is that I would honour the blessed virgin mary until I die, if the Holy Spirit and Christ did that, whom am I not to do same? We do not to stress ourselves explaining to anyone who does not want to learn with the aim of making informed judgement. One thing I sure know is that God knows the end from the beginning. Lets hold our peace everyone and let the Lord continue to show his people the light.

Now man has the right to abrogate to himself the power to judge another, it is the sole right of God except you want to be judged with the standard you used in the case of others. God forbid.

Together lets show love to our haters/enemies as Christ requests of us, that is the ultimate duty we owe them.

God bless you all.

Thank you my brother..
Its good to know that people who undaerstands what christianity really is ,are still in abudance .

Earlier I tried diverging from the baseless arguements to something which might richly enrich us but it seems ''they'' are not interested. But when we put up a prayer to or a song for Mary, they will all comeout of their caves to attack like wild beast.

@Superior andcompanions
Am still waiting for you guys o
Tell us what was taught or discussed in your church on sunday or even bible study classes.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by damerry(m): 11:01am On Aug 21, 2013
GozieEmma: I just want to say a big thank you to all those who have been propagating the true teachings of the Catholic faith which are both taken from the sacred scriptures (the Bible) and sacred tradition of the Jewish people of old. I want you all to know that we do not owe anyone any apology for our beliefs, they are deep rooted in Christ who is the author and finisher of our faith.

Lets understand that not all that happened even in the time of Christ are captured in the bible but those that are there are there so that we might believe, the bible says this much. One thing I know for sure is that if the church were to be evil as many of our brothers who have refused to understand has claimed, it would have been history but for over 2000 years it has continued to wax strong. What I know is that the platform on which most of this christian churches are riding on were built by the catholic churches (I do not want to go further on this as we have nothing to prove to anyone). What I do not understand is why & how some people can claim they know the bible more than those who put them together (except anyone wants to claim anything contrary).

Experience has thought me that we need not waste our time with those casting aspersions on us, that would only show reasonable people that we are true. This is part of the cross that the Christ expects us to carry. Lets also not cast aspersions on them but show them the love and way to the faith that has sustained us for more than 2000 years.

For a good part of my higher Institution's education, I attended a pentecostal church in Enugu, however, I knew I had no fulfilment in God until I retraced my step back to my root in the Catholic Church and I say it without any fear of conviction that I would remain in the Church until I die.

I know the church does not in anyway worship nor encourage anyone to worship Idols nor even Mary. But one thing I want to say here is that I would honour the blessed virgin mary until I die, if the Holy Spirit and Christ did that, whom am I not to do same? We do not to stress ourselves explaining to anyone who does not want to learn with the aim of making informed judgement. One thing I sure know is that God knows the end from the beginning. Lets hold our peace everyone and let the Lord continue to show his people the light.

Now man has the right to abrogate to himself the power to judge another, it is the sole right of God except you want to be judged with the standard you used in the case of others. God forbid.

God bless you all.

well said bro. God bless you. Our protestant brethren play deaf ears to the essential part of SACRED TRADITIONS.
SACRED TRADITIONS AND SACRED SCRIPTURE make up a single deposit of God's word, in which as in a mirror, the pilgrim church contemplates God, the source of all her riches.
In keeping with the Lord's command, the Gospel was handed on in two ways:

-ORALLY;

"by the apostles who handed on, by the spoken word of their preaching, by the example they gave, by the institutions they established, what they themselves had received- whether from the lips of Christ, from his way of life and his works, or whether they had learned it at the prompting of the Holy Spirit.

IN WRITING;

"By those apostles and other men associated with the apostles who, under the inspiration of the same holy spirit , commited the message of salvation to writings"
protestants of this age are obviously focused on the sacred scriptures and cast aspersions on the sacred traditions. Even when it's quite obvious that the authors of the sacred scriptures practiced these traditions of ours.

A very clear example is saint Luke the evangelist

"According to tradition, St. Luke was the first person to complete three pictures of the holy Mother of God carrying the Child of God in her arms. He showed them to the Holy Virgin for approval, while she was stillalive. She received these holy pictures joyfully and said: 'May the grace of Him to whom I gave birth be within them!' Later, St. Luke made pictures of the Holy Apostles and bestowed upon the Church this pious and holy tradition of venerating the icons of Christ and His Saints."

saint Luke, who was a disciple of Christ did this, when the other disciples of Christ were alive, and he was neither condemned by Mary herself or the other disciples or by saint Paul himself, who are the protestant brethrens of "this age" to cast aspersions?

Well, protestants should cease reading the gospel of saint Luke since he started the tradition of making icons for venerations.

The church in its teaching had made it clear we don't worship Mary or the saints! Why this gratuitous gossip of Mary and saints worship?

Dear catholics, believe in God and be obedient to the church teachings, This mockery and aspersions are the cross we have to bear. God bless us all.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 11:26am On Aug 21, 2013
damerry: well said bro. God bless you. Our protestant brethren play deaf ears to the essential part of SACRED TRADITIONS.
SACRED TRADITIONS AND SACRED SCRIPTURE make up a single deposit of God's word, in which as in a mirror, the pilgrim church contemplates God, the source of all her riches.
In keeping with the Lord's command, the Gospel was handed on in two ways:

-ORALLY;

"by the apostles who handed on, by the spoken word of their preaching, by the example they gave, by the institutions they established, what they themselves had received- whether from the lips of Christ, from his way of life and his works, or whether they had learned it at the prompting of the Holy Spirit.

IN WRITING;

"By those apostles and other men associated with the apostles who, under the inspiration of the same holy spirit , commited the message of salvation to writings"
protestants of this age are obviously focused on the sacred scriptures and cast aspersions on the sacred traditions. Even when it's quite obvious that the authors of the sacred scriptures practiced these traditions of ours.

Our Catholics Brothers are deaf to the fact that only the words of the Bible are inspired and traditions of men including worshiping bones in the name of relics, giving themselves thorough beating like the prophets of baal etc are not inspired of God but demons.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by damerry(m): 11:41am On Aug 21, 2013
superior1:

Our Catholics Brothers are deaf to the fact that only the words of the Bible are inspired and traditions of men including worshiping bones in the name of relics, giving themselves thorough beating like the prophets of baal etc are not inspired of God but demons.
cheesy. Dude, ours is SACRED TRADITIONS. Not common tradition.
On the issue of relics, go back to this derogatory thread of yours
www.nairaland.com/1389121/catholism-focus-relics
and educate yourself on my posts. Verily verily, we catholics owe no apology. Peace
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 11:43am On Aug 21, 2013
And where in the Bible was it written that Luke was given to worshipping of dead bones

Oh! I get it, in the infallible mind of Mr. Francis
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 11:45am On Aug 21, 2013
damerry: cheesy. Dude, ours is SACRED TRADITIONS. Not common tradition.
On the issue of relics, go back to that derogatory thread of yours and educate yourself on my posts. Verily verily, we catholics owe no apology. Peace

Keep deceiving yourself, what is sacred about hanging dead infant body in the front of a chapel Classical babalawo tradition!
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by damerry(m): 11:54am On Aug 21, 2013
superior1:

Keep deceiving yourself, what is sacred about hanging dead infant body in the front of a chapel Classical babalawo tradition!
Go back to this mud-slinging thread of yours
we've said all about relics. Der's no time to repeat wat we've already said. Excuse me bro, I've got things to do.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 12:05pm On Aug 21, 2013
damerry: Go back to this mud-slinging thread of yours
we've said all about relics. Der's no time to repeat wat we've already said. Excuse me bro, I've got things to do.

You have said nothing of worth. Do have a great day sir!

*exit thread*
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by philfearon(m): 12:37pm On Aug 21, 2013
superior1:

You have said nothing of worth. Do have a great day sir!

*exit thread*
You have a knack for neva answering Direct Questions.....
Firstly,where do you Worship?
2ndly,I have asked you before,DO YOU CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS AND EASTER SEASONS?
3rdly,have u done the asignment i gave you?
Rememba dat i told u to type "17th October,1917" in google.......
Am still to get an answer from you...
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Ubenedictus(m): 1:20pm On Aug 21, 2013
what do catholics understand by the passage 'there is one mediator between God and man'?
I wish that the passage be discussed before d end of this thread.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 2:01pm On Aug 21, 2013
Ubenedictus: what do catholics understand by the passage 'there is one mediator between God and man'?
I wish that the passage be discussed before d end of this thread.

1 Timothy 2:5-6
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time

The verse is self explanatory, the only mediator we have is Jesus. Mary and other saints also needed that mediator for them to get saved, we do not need praying to or through Mary, dead saints, dead bones nor beating ourselves like goats etc. We only have to go through Jesus Christ our Mediator in faith.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by italo: 3:15pm On Aug 21, 2013
No. The same verse it was written that St Luke worshipped the bible and his pastor
superior1: And where in the Bible was it written that Luke was given to worshipping of dead bones

Oh! I get it, in the infallible mind of Mr. Francis
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by italo: 3:25pm On Aug 21, 2013
Why then do you ask your pastor, friends and family to pray for you.
superior1:

1 Timothy 2:5-6
5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; 6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time

The verse is self explanatory, the only mediator we have is Jesus. Mary and other saints also needed that mediator for them to get saved, we do not need praying to or through Mary, dead saints, dead bones nor beating ourselves like goats etc. We only have to go through Jesus Christ our Mediator in faith.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 4:00pm On Aug 21, 2013
phew...!
There we go again.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by philfearon(m): 4:22pm On Aug 21, 2013
superior1:

Hope you are not blind?

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation / Be Wary Of Romantic Boyfriend And Girlfriend Relationships / Faith Oyedepo Celebrates Her 60th Birthday (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.