Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- - Religion (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- (33196 Views)

What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? / The Early Church Vs The Modern Church / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by damerry(m): 3:17am On Aug 23, 2013
Hello sons and daughters of Mary, peace be with us all. Here is a link to another wonderful thread that talks about Meditations on the mysteries of the holy rosary, please visit
www.nairaland.com/1408199/meditations-mysteries-holy-rosary-joyful
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 6:56am On Aug 23, 2013
Syncan:

You particularly should study more under guidance, for even in this post alone, you've shown great ignorance.

The church of God is not a cult

And i refuse to be part of a Cult

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by try69: 8:44am On Aug 23, 2013
free2ryhme:

The church of God is not a cult

And i refuse to be part of a Cult

You av beEn heard oga..oya let us(cultists) alone..
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by free2ryhme: 8:14pm On Aug 23, 2013
try69:

You av beEn heard oga..oya let us(cultists) alone..

undecided

hope all is well
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 8:43pm On Aug 23, 2013
free2ryhme:

undecided

hope all is well

How can it be?, you this bible worshipping unrepentant protestant!!

Tell me the truth, are you Jehovah Withness or Olumba Olumba?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 9:06pm On Aug 23, 2013
superior1:

How can it be?, you this bible worshipping unrepentant protestant!!

Tell me the truth, are you Jehovah Withness or Olumba Olumba?
..thats the only thing you can offer....right?

I asked you guys to share with us the sunday teachings or bible study classes, you couldnt. Why is that?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 9:27pm On Aug 23, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
..thats the only thing you can offer....right?

I asked you guys to share with us the sunday teachings or bible study classes, you couldnt. Why is that?

Expect from me this sunday by the grace of God
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by damerry(m): 8:07pm On Aug 24, 2013
superior1:

Expect from me this sunday by the grace of God
Sunday worshiper. So you go to church only on Sundays?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 10:35am On Aug 25, 2013
Am really worried.
All these scandals involving pastors is really disturbing?
How were they ordained pastors in the first place? Were there no screenings done? Wasnt the holyspirit involved in this?
Why cant they turn to God in times of temptations?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 25, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
Am really worried.
All these scandals involving pastors is really disturbing?
How were they ordained pastors in the first place? Were there no screenings done? Wasnt the holyspirit involved in this?
Why cant they turn to God in times of temptations?
what r u talking about?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 10:54am On Aug 25, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: what r u talking about?
exactly what you saw In my writeup
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 11:23pm On Aug 25, 2013
Today's message was drawn from the book of Jeremiah.

Jeremiah 1vs 4-7
4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, 5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.6 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.

7 But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. 8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord.

Whatever we need to fulfil our destiny and God's plan for our life is already deposited within us. Most times we emphasis our short comings whereas God is seeing the numerous abilities and gifts He has deposited in us which are quite adequate to subdue all the challenges life brought before us.

There is no person that knows a product better that the designer, God who is our designer knows us better, hence when you do not understand the direction to follow or what else you should do with your life, you have to approach your maker for direction and He is more than willing to show you the way to follow.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 7:19am On Aug 26, 2013
superior1: Today's message was drawn from the book of Jeremiah.

Jeremiah 1vs 4-7
4 Then the word of the Lord came unto me, saying, 5 Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, and I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.6 Then said I, Ah, Lord God! behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child.

7 But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shalt go to all that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shalt speak. 8 Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with thee to deliver thee, saith the Lord.

Whatever we need to fulfil our destiny and God's plan for our life is already deposited within us. Most times we emphasis our short comings whereas God is seeing the numerous abilities and gifts He has deposited in us which are quite adequate to subdue all the challenges life brought before us.

There is no person that knows a product better that the designer, God who is our designer knows us better, hence when you do not understand the direction to follow or what else you should do with your life, you have to approach your maker for direction and He is more than willing to show you the way to follow.

I love this....thanks Superior. This much better than arguement
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 11:57am On Aug 29, 2013
Ubenedictus: what do catholics understand by the passage 'there is one mediator between God and man'?
I wish that the passage be discussed before d end of this thread.

(1Tim 2:5) “There is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Jesus Christ.”

The Catholic Church actually do acknowledge Christ to be our one and absolutely unique mediator who alone can reconcile us to the Father in a strict sense. Thus Christ qualification as our mediator is exhibited in two ways:
1) By his very existence on earth- In taking flesh, Christ united God and Man in His person, for He alone is both God and man.
2) By his ministry,suffering and eventual death on the cross, He paid the debt owed by man and conferred grace on sinful man. In this regards, Christ is our sole mediator.

However, if we take a look at the first verse of that chapter, it says:

(1Tim 2:1) "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men".

Here St. Paul calls us to intercession, yet we know that Christ continues to intercede, since (Heb 7:24-25) says: "But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them". St Paul knows this eternal Intercessory role of Christ, yet he exhorts the faithful to "Intercessions for all men" without fear of contradiction, it therefore means that we can participate in these aspect of Christ's ministry according to the level of "bonding" between us and Jesus without anyone feeling that recognition is taking away from Christ. It is like Jesus saying in (Matt 23:8 ) "But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master(teacher), even Christ; and all ye are brethren". Yet we see (James 3:1) telling us there are authentically,many masters(teachers) in the church.In deed,(Eph 4:11) says:"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers". St. Paul calls himself same thing, even in that same chapter of 1Tim 2 in verse 7. The Issue here is to understand that members of the body of Christ(The Church) who participate in teaching and mediating/interceding do not take away from Christ as One Teacher and Mediator, for they are in a sense Christ, and serve to establish His offices of Teacher and mediator in Him.That's why the blessed Virgin Mary,St. Paul,Ubenedictus, Italo, Maria-Gorreti,damerry,Cameroonpride,et al could teach and Intercede/mediate for me, "...for it is Christ who lives (teaches/mediates) in them..." (Gal 2:20).
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Double27: 12:47pm On Aug 29, 2013
Syncan:

(1Tim 2:5) “There is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Jesus Christ.”

The Catholic Church actually do acknowledge Christ to be our one and absolutely unique mediator who alone can reconcile us to the Father in a strict sense. Thus Christ qualification as our mediator is exhibited in two ways:
1) By his very existence on earth- In taking flesh, Christ united God and Man in His person, for He alone is both God and man.
2) By his ministry,suffering and eventual death on the cross, He paid the debt owed by man and conferred grace on sinful man. In this regards, Christ is our sole mediator.

(1Tim 2:1) "I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men".

Here St. Paul calls us to intercession, yet we know that Christ continues to intercede, since (Heb 7:24-25) says: "But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them". St Paul knows this eternal Intercessory role of Christ, yet he exhorts the faithful to "Intercessions for all men" without fear of contradiction, it therefore means that we can participate in these aspect of Christ's ministry according to the level of "bonding" between us and Jesus without anyone feeling that recognition is taking away from Christ. It is like Jesus saying in (Matt 23:8 ) "But be not ye called Rabbi: for one is your Master(teacher), even Christ; and all ye are brethren". Yet we see (James 3:1) telling us there are authentically,many masters(teachers) in the church.In deed,(Eph 4:11) says:"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers". St. Paul calls himself same thing, even in that same chapter of 1Tim 2 in verse 7. The Issue here is to understand that members of the body of Christ(The Church) who participate in teaching and mediating/interceding do not take away from Christ as One Teacher and Mediator, for they are in a sense Christ, and serve to establish His offices of Teacher and mediator in Him.That's why the blessed Virgin Mary,St. Paul,Ubenedictus, Italo, Maria-Gorreti,damerry,Cameroonpride,et al could teach and Intercede/mediate for me, "...for it is Christ who lives (teaches/mediates) in them..." (Gal 2:20).

Tx for making me smile, God bless you.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by italo: 1:10pm On Aug 29, 2013
@ Syncan, brilliant.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by damerry(m): 2:03pm On Aug 29, 2013
@ syncan, May God bless you and everyone here!. 9ice & well articulated break-down up der ^^
filled with confidence and love, i dare to say, brother syncan, pray for me and all followers of this August thread that the good Lord may attend to us all in our various points of needs. Amen

we unite our prayers together with the intentions of all world's masses that ever have or ever will be prayed, Even if we be sinners, we beseech thee to hear us Lord. Thank u Jesus.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 2:24pm On Aug 29, 2013
Double27: Tx for making me smile, God bless you.

May you have cause to smile, all day long. God bless you too.

italo: @ Syncan, brilliant.

Italo,brilliant is the truth, which the church has taught, for all ages. You, my friend, are too much indeed.

@ damerry,God bless you too,for the blessings that reached His children through this thread."And let the beauty of the LORD our God be upon us: and establish thou the work of our hands upon us; yea, the work of our hands establish thou it". Psalm 90:17.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Ubenedictus(m): 6:48pm On Aug 30, 2013
Syncan:

this is exactly what i wanted to see, weldone syncan.
@ superior1, i'll like you to show that this interpretation is wrong with good explanation. Are christain nolonger in christ? Or is it that christians can nolonger share in the intercesory ministry of christ? Pls explain
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by doclan: 11:49am On Sep 04, 2013
Syncan has made a bright point there.. Paul exhorted that prayers and intercessions be made for all men, for kings and authoritative leaders. For this is gud in d sight of God who want all men to be saved.. Paul did nt mention here that we should pray through apostles or any1, He further emphasised that Christ is the only mediator.. All we can do for unbelievers is to pray to God to ve mercy on dem and bring dem to repentance... This is quite different from the Catholic MEMORARE which reads: Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that any1 who fled to thy protection, implored thy help or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with ds confidence we turn to thee, O virgin of virgins, our mother. To thee we come, b4 thee we stand, sinful and sorrowful. O mother of the world incarnate, do not despise our petitions, but in ty mercy hear and answer us.. This clearly draws a contradiction to wat Phil 4vs6.. My dear brethren lets take time to learn the truth abt God
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by italo: 12:18pm On Sep 04, 2013
And she has always heard and answered my petitions to her (that she intercede for us before her Son our Lord.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 2:22pm On Sep 04, 2013
doclan: Syncan has made a bright point there.. Paul exhorted that prayers and intercessions be made for all men, for kings and authoritative leaders. For this is gud in d sight of God who want all men to be saved.. Paul did nt mention here that we should pray through apostles or any1, He further emphasised that Christ is the only mediator.. All we can do for unbelievers is to pray to God to ve mercy on dem and bring dem to repentance... This is quite different from the Catholic MEMORARE which reads: Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that any1 who fled to thy protection, implored thy help or sought thy intercession was left unaided. Inspired with ds confidence we turn to thee, O virgin of virgins, our mother. To thee we come, b4 thee we stand, sinful and sorrowful. O mother of the world incarnate, do not despise our petitions, but in ty mercy hear and answer us.. This clearly draws a contradiction to wat Phil 4vs6.. My dear brethren lets take time to learn the truth abt God

Dear doclan, that prayer MEMORARE that you posted,though said by the faithful for ages, was discovered recently in Papyrus leaf which has been dated to about 200AD. Note that the existing papyrus leaf of some of the Bible books are dated 150AD and so on. It should be of concern to you therefore, if those who arranged the books you now call the Bible and declared them as inspired word, were saying this prayer as well. The question is now when did it stop for you, and why? See
http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/b-greek/2007-August/043950.html

However let me depict something for you, do tell me what is wrong with the following:

Dear pastor doclan/Joshua, all those I've met that brought their problems to you, got relief. That's why I ran to you with this my problem of abc.Pastor I know you're a very busy man, and I am not a renowned person nor have I helped your ministry in any way, however do show me that benevolence of yours which I hear every where from the lips of those who enjoyed it. O founder of the XYZ synagogue/church, please do not despise my plea, but hear and grant my request.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by doclan: 11:44pm On Sep 04, 2013
Co-threaders... The last tin I want to do on ds thread is to argue, it is jst d msg of 1THESS 5:21 dat bugged me. @ SYNCAN, I tried luking up the background of the Memorare(which so many claimed to ve help dem when ill, and oda miraculous feat) the internet says the prayer is a section castigated frm a longer prayer used in d 15th century, it was due to the help of st. Bernard that it gaind popularity in d 17th century coz of his exceptional love 4 it.. Instintively, lets "assume" dat ur theory is ryt, dat d memorare is divinely inspired by any of the gospel writer, is it not same to infer that it is right to ask Mary 4 protection and also run to Her 4 help? If yes, I wd say GOD is inconsistent becoz HE inspired an apostle to write smtin totally different in Phil4:6. God is nt the author of confusion. And concerning goin to so called pastor or MOG, I dnt believe God is nt ready to listen to any1 who comes to Him with His petitions for He knws how to gv good gifts to His children.. I think fear of inadequacy is wat leads to dat. I despise such as the bible too Mark11:24 beta puts it.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 6:48am On Sep 05, 2013
doclan: Co-threaders... The last tin I want to do on ds thread is to argue, it is jst d msg of 1THESS 5:21 dat bugged me. @ SYNCAN, I tried luking up the background of the Memorare(which so many claimed to ve help dem when ill, and oda miraculous feat) the internet says the prayer is a section castigated frm a longer prayer used in d 15th century, it was due to the help of st. Bernard that it gaind popularity in d 17th century coz of his exceptional love 4 it.. Instintively, lets "assume" dat ur theory is ryt, dat d memorare is divinely inspired by any of the gospel writer, is it not same to infer that it is right to ask Mary 4 protection and also run to Her 4 help? If yes, I wd say GOD is inconsistent becoz HE inspired an apostle to write smtin totally different in Phil4:6. God is nt the author of confusion. And concerning goin to so called pastor or MOG, I dnt believe God is nt ready to listen to any1 who comes to Him with His petitions for He knws how to gv good gifts to His children.. I think fear of inadequacy is wat leads to dat. I despise such as the bible too Mark11:24 beta puts it.

The last thing you want to do is argue right? Yet you picked up a post as clear as the one I made and decided to raise arguments. I gave you a link, but you decided to read what you like. You avoided telling me what is wrong with the petition to the pastor. That you decide not to understand, does not make God contradict himself. You kept quoting Phil4:6 "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God". I ask you again, does that petition to Pastor doclan/Joshua contradict Phil 4:6?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by damerry(m): 8:29am On Sep 12, 2013
Hi children of Mary. Today being 12th Sept 2013 the church celebrates the memorial of the holy name of Mary. Here is the meaning of the name ''Mary''

Hebrew Meaning:

The name Mary is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Mary is : Wished-for child; rebellion; bitter.

It's shocking to know about this meanings of the Holy name of our most blessed Mother Mary. But on the brighter side, the virtues of Mary teaches us that......

1. Our philosophy of life should never be based on the negative impressions people think about us and say about us.

2. Our backgrounds should not be a reason for us to leave our backs on the ground

3. We should be more focused on what God can use us to do by seeking his will and surrendering all to his will, just as Mary our mother did,

the second reading taken from the book of st Paul to the collosians 3:12-17 tells us that

As God chosen ones, we should exhibit virtues of holiness and beloved, compassion, kindness, lowliness, meekness and patience, forbearance, these are the similar virtues Mary exhibited against all odds of the meaning of her name.

The Gospel of Luke 6:27-38, talks about love

thus the gospel acclamation reads,

if we love one another, God abides in us, and his love is perfected in us.

My own quote goes like this

love your lovers and haters and do Good to all living creatures, for God loves both saints and sinners.

This is the greatest Gospel, the Gospel of Love that conquers all things. Thanks be to God!

BLESSED BE THE HOLY NAME OF THE MOST BLESSED VIRGIN "MARY"

peace.

2 Likes

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by damerry(m): 3:06pm On Sep 15, 2013
happy Feast day of The sorrowful and immaculate heart of Mary.

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by SalC: 9:47pm On Sep 15, 2013
damerry: happy Feast day of The sorrowful and immaculate heart of Mary.
Happy feast day dear mother.

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by damerry(m): 9:06am On Oct 02, 2013
By tradition, the Catholic Church dedicates each month of the year to a certain devotion. The month of October is dedicated to the holy rosary, one of the best known of all Catholic devotions. October includes the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary(October 7). The best way to celebrate the month is, of course, to pray the rosary with fervor and meditations. Please do well to avail yourself of these and more meditations when praying the Holy rosary.

www.nairaland.com/1410968/meditations-mysteries-holy-rosary-sorrowful

www.nairaland.com/1408199/meditations-mysteries-holy-rosary-joyful

Our Lady Queen of the most holy rosary, pray for us who have recourse to thee.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 9:10am On Oct 02, 2013
^^^ Amen. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by damerry(m): 9:54am On Oct 02, 2013
“Never be afraid of loving the Blessed Virgin too much. You can never love her more than Jesus did.” Saint Maximilian Kolbe

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation / "I Was Healed Of HIV At Father Ebube Muonso's Adoration Ministry" - Lady (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.