Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,714 members, 7,816,945 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:48 PM

On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- (33192 Views)

What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? / The Early Church Vs The Modern Church / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 6:18pm On Aug 07, 2013
italo: It's not just me who knows you as a liar now, Superior. We are growing in number each day. You havent noticed? And i dont call you liar because you disagree with me, I call you liar because you LIE habitually on this forum. You intentionally say things that you know are untrue...and refuse to recant them even when you are proved wrong (and you know i have examples).

Teach me the civil way of calling a liar a liar and i'll gladly do it.

You lied that i said Catholics didnt receive the Eucharist until Pope Innocent III on the other thread and you are yet to show me where i said so...neither have you owned up to your false statement.

Is that your idea of being civil?

Then I dont wanna be civil

Poor you, you have this much of unspent emotions?, I must have caused you a lot of pains and grieve. If this is your idea of stopping me, its a shame, you will be disappointed.

It is time you accept Jesus as your Lord and stop romancing the doctrines and tradition of hell written by men under demonic intoxication.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by SalC: 6:34pm On Aug 07, 2013
Syncan: O purest of creatures! sweet Mother, sweet Maid;
The one spotless womb wherein Jesus was laid.
Dark night hath come down on us, Mother, and we
Look out for thy shining, sweet Star of the Sea.

2 Deep night hath come down on this rough-spoken world.
And the banners of darkness are boldly unfurled;
And the tempest-tossed Church—all her eyes are on thee.
They look to thy shining, sweet Star of the Sea.

3 He gazed on thy soul, it was spotless and fair;
For the empire of sin, it had never been there;
None ever had owned thee, dear Mother, but He,
And He blessed thy clear shining, sweet Star of the Sea.

4 Earth gave Him one lodging; ’twas deep in thy bre*st,
And God found a home where the sinner finds rest;
His home and His hiding-place, both were in thee;
He was won by thy shining, sweet Star of the Sea.

5 Oh, blissful and calm was the wonderful rest
That thou gavest thy God in thy virginal bre*st;
For the heaven He left He found heaven in thee,
And He shone in thy shining, sweet Star of the Sea.

Frederick William Faber, 1814–63

God bless you F.W Faber. Ave! Mariae!
GREAT!!!
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by SalC: 6:38pm On Aug 07, 2013
Back to topic.

@ Demerry where are you? We are waiting.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by italo: 1:51am On Aug 08, 2013
Syncan:

You can write the bold again, 'tis pleasing to my sight. grin

Jesus and Syncan are in love.

Lol

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by italo: 2:41am On Aug 08, 2013
My dear, I just intended to show you why i call you a liar. I'm not interested in a war of words with you. I concede that trophy to you.

superior1:

Poor you, you have this much of unspent emotions?, I must have caused you a lot of pains and grieve. If this is your idea of stopping me, its a shame, you will be disappointed.

It is time you accept Jesus as your Lord and stop romancing the doctrines and tradition of hell written by men under demonic intoxication.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 6:39am On Aug 08, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
lol, so everything must be stated in the bible.....thats really really cool.
Ejoo, who is a legionaire here o?

Double27: Nne am a legionary o. Ave . . .

Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 6:40am On Aug 08, 2013
italo:

Jesus and Syncan are in love.

Lol

My day has just been made...even before it started. God bless you bro.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Double27: 7:15am On Aug 08, 2013
Syncan:

Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising
Fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terrible as an army set in battle array?

My soul glorifies the lord,
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 7:21am On Aug 08, 2013
Double27: Fair as the moon, bright as the sun, terrible as an army set in battle array?

My soul glorifies the lord,

My spirit rejoices in God my Saviour

For He has looked upon His servant in her lowliness
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by damerry(m): 8:25am On Aug 08, 2013
Syncan:

My spirit rejoices in God my Saviour

For He has looked upon His servant in her lowliness

And henceforth ALL GENERATIONS SHALL CALL ME BLESSED. Bravo children of Mary. our Mother is very happy with us, i hope you guys pray your rosary daily huh? remember this month of August is dedicated to devotion of the immaculate heart of Mary, please refer to my post @ page 1 and pray daily the prayer to the sorrowful and immaculate heart of Mary 4 dis month of August and beyond. for audio songs, images, E-books etc Google might provide sure download links. Please don't hesitate to share anything worthy of increasing our Faith, drop it here, I'm merry, from diocese of Lafiya. All to Jesus, through Mary our Mother. peace
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 8:58am On Aug 08, 2013
The Lord has done wonders for me...
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 11:32am On Aug 08, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
The Lord has done wonders for me...

Holy is His name...

His mercy is from age to age...
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Double27: 12:28pm On Aug 08, 2013
Syncan:

Holy is His name...

His mercy is from age to age...
on those who fear him

He puts forth his arm in strength
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 12:45pm On Aug 08, 2013
Double27: on those who fear him

He puts forth his arm in strength

and scatters the proud hearted

He casts the mighty from their thrones
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by italo: 1:18pm On Aug 08, 2013
Syncan:

My day has just been made...even before it started. God bless you bro.

God bless you too...and everyone else.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by daontop: 3:58pm On Aug 08, 2013
Syncan:

and scatters the proud hearted

He casts the mighty from their thrones

And raises the lowly...
He feed the starving with good things...
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 4:20pm On Aug 08, 2013
daontop:

And raises the lowly...
He feed the starving with good things...

And sends the rich away empty

He protects Israel His servant...
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 4:34pm On Aug 08, 2013
Syncan:

And sends the rich away empty

He protects Israel His servant...
fulfilling his promises
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by damerry(m): 4:44pm On Aug 08, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
fulfilling his promises
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by damerry(m): 4:46pm On Aug 08, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
fulfilling his promises
His promises made to Abraham our father, and to his seed forever. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit..

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by italo: 4:53pm On Aug 08, 2013
Folks, there is something that has always amazed me.

At the wedding in Cana, after Jesus gave Mary a dismissive answer when she said to him: "they have no more wine," she said to the servants: "do whatever he tells you."

How did she know Jesus would answer her request, and how did she know he would do it through the servants?

He could have provided wine any other way possible.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 6:48pm On Aug 08, 2013
italo: Folks, there is something that has always amazed me.

At the wedding in Cana, after Jesus gave Mary a dismissive answer when she said to him: "they have no more wine," she said to the servants: "do whatever he tells you."

How did she know Jesus would answer her request, and how did she know he would do it through the servants?

He could have provided wine any other way possible.

Love is an amazing thing. The more two hearts are united in love, the closer the distance between them, the less they need speech to communicate. Even when they speak, more is said in silence. It reminds me of Abraham and God in Gen 18. God said he is going to see what's happening in sodom and gomorrah, but Abraham heard more than just that, so he started a negotiation against the destruction which was not even mentioned...so my dear brother, I blame it on love. Those two hearts, Jesus and mary, are united in love. More was said in silence than in speech.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 6:51pm On Aug 08, 2013
Syncan:

Love is an amazing thing. The more two hearts are united in love, the closer the distance between them, the less they need speech to communicate. Even when they speak, more is said in silence. It reminds me of Abraham and God in Gen 18. God said he is going to see what's happening in sodom and gomorrah, but Abraham heard more than just that, so he started a negotiation against the destruction which was not even mentioned...so my dear brother, I blame it on love. Those two hearts, Jesus and mary, are united in love. More was said in silence than in speech.

Hummm.... Interesting, very interesting
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 7:35pm On Aug 08, 2013
damerry: His promises made to Abraham our father, and to his seed forever. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit..
as it was in the begining, is now and ever shall be, world without end....amen

AVEEEEEEE.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 7:49pm On Aug 08, 2013
can someome expplain 2 Corinthians 12 vs 7-10?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 12:07am On Aug 09, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
can someome expplain 2 Corinthians 12 vs 7-10?

"And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

12:8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong".

St. Paul in verse 7 talks about the lord taking care to prevent him from the terrible vice of pride(the bane of charisms), that precedes the destruction of the mighty (prov16:18). To Paul, God has revealed what he taught the apostles directly, taking him even to the "third heavens" etc,so he had every reason to be proud. Yet he had a "thorn", could be a physical health case, suggested by "in the flesh", or a spiritual defect, suggested by "messenger of satan",all the same, permitted by God,which constantly reminds him of his humanity and prevents pride from setting in. This tells of how loving, caring and watchful the good Shepherd is when it comes to His sheep.

Verse 8 talks about his countless prayers and pleading that God should remove this "thorn" from him

verse 9 The lord assures him instead; that despite this weakness being present in him,His grace will ensure that he does not fall into gravely displeasing Him, eg,through grudging impatiently (in terms of physical health) or falling into a deadly Sin(due to a spiritual defect). The more he realizes how human he is, the more he flies to God for help, who then supplies His grace according to his needs

Verse 10. Having now been schooled by the great teacher himself to humility, he is more docile to accept insults,pains and hardships, knowing that the more he acknowledges his nothingness, the more his glory in the eyes of the God.

Ad Jesum per Mariam
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 8:49am On Aug 09, 2013
"Just as Eve, wife of Adam, yet still a virgin, became by her disobedience the cause of death for herself and the whole human race, so Mary, too, espoused yet a Virgin, became by her obedience the cause of salvation for herself and the whole human race.... And so it was that the knot of Eve's disobedience was loosed by Mary's obedience. For what the virgin Eve bound fast by her refusal to believe, this the Virgin Mary unbound by her belief".

St. Irenaeus of Lyon (died.202AD), great defender of Christian orthodoxy.(learnt under Polycarp, who in turn learnt under St. John the beloved apostle)

Ave Maria!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 9:50am On Aug 09, 2013
Syncan: "Just as Eve, wife of Adam, yet still a virgin, became by her disobedience the cause of death for herself and the whole human race, so Mary, too, espoused yet a Virgin, became by her obedience the cause of salvation for herself and the whole human race.... And so it was that the knot of Eve's disobedience was loosed by Mary's obedience. For what the virgin Eve bound fast by her refusal to believe, this the Virgin Mary unbound by her belief".

St. Irenaeus of Lyon (died.202AD), great defender of Christian orthodoxy.(learnt under Polycarp, who in turn learnt under St. John the beloved apostle)

Ave Maria!

When people write this kind of tales without a scriptural reference, you can't but pity those who swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 10:13am On Aug 09, 2013
superior1:

When people write this kind of tales without a scriptural reference, you can't but pity those who swallowed it hook, line and sinker.

I recommend this prayer for you dear friend: " Lord, teach me to keep my mouth shut until I know what I'm talking about".

3 Likes

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 10:26am On Aug 09, 2013
Syncan:

I recommend this prayer for you dear friend: " Lord, teach me to keep my mouth shut until I know what I'm talking about".

Lol.......
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Double27: 10:37am On Aug 09, 2013
superior1:

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 11:07am On Aug 09, 2013
Syncan:

"And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

12:8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong".

St. Paul in verse 7 talks about the lord taking care to prevent him from the terrible vice of pride(the bane of charisms), that precedes the destruction of the mighty (prov16:18). To Paul, God has revealed what he taught the apostles directly, taking him even to the "third heavens" etc,so he had every reason to be proud. Yet he had a "thorn", could be a physical health case, suggested by "in the flesh", or a spiritual defect, suggested by "messenger of satan",all the same, permitted by God,which constantly reminds him of his humanity and prevents pride from setting in. This tells of how loving, caring and watchful the good Shepherd is when it comes to His sheep.

Verse 8 talks about his countless prayers and pleading that God should remove this "thorn" from him

verse 9 The lord assures him instead; that despite this weakness being present in him,His grace will ensure that he does not fall into gravely displeasing Him, eg,through grudging impatiently (in terms of physical health) or falling into a deadly Sin(due to a spiritual defect). The more he realizes how human he is, the more he flies to God for help, who then supplies His grace according to his needs

Verse 10. Having now been schooled by the great teacher himself to humility, he is more docile to accept insults,pains and hardships, knowing that the more he acknowledges his nothingness, the more his glory in the eyes of the God.

Ad Jesum per Mariam

can i ask you a question offline?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (29) (Reply)

Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation / "I Was Healed Of HIV At Father Ebube Muonso's Adoration Ministry" - Lady (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.