Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,990 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- (33194 Views)

What If The Early Church Had Prayed That Saul Should Die? / The Early Church Vs The Modern Church / Bitter Truth About Blessed Virgin Mary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Ubenedictus(m): 7:57am On Aug 07, 2013
superior1: How did Mary remain virgin for life after the birth of Jesus, how was baby Jesus gave birth to??
since u want to escape the enoch question, please tell me who is the person that prays in the name of mary?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 7:58am On Aug 07, 2013
Ubenedictus: WHERE DID PAUL SAY "ALL MY TEACHINGS ARE IN THE EPISTLES"?

Paul's known epistles are what is found in the pages of the Bible. Do you have where he says 'ALL MY TEACHINGS ARE NOT IN THE EPISTLES'?

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 8:16am On Aug 07, 2013
Ubenedictus: since u want to escape the enoch question, please tell me who is the person that prays in the name of mary?

You have this funny character of jumping into a discussion you know nothing about and making laughable claims.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 8:25am On Aug 07, 2013
Syncan:

My friend,I think you need to read Luke again,the angel's exposition covered both conception and birth.

This is what i found as the angel's interaction with Mary (Luke Gospel), can you point to your claims there and where it is said of Mary she will remain a virgin for life

28 The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”

29 Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30 But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. 31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.”

34 “How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”

35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called[b] the Son of God. 36 Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be unable to conceive is in her sixth month. 37 For no word from God will ever fail.”

38 “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Ubenedictus(m): 8:35am On Aug 07, 2013
superior1:

You have this funny character of jumping into a discussion you know nothing about and making laughable claims.
i'm quite sure i,m more conversants with these topics compared to the blunder you've been making on the thread. i also have been following the thread from the first page and i've read very word since. your assumption that i know nothing about the discussion is what is really laughable.

do well to answer the question.
peace.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Ubenedictus(m): 8:41am On Aug 07, 2013
superior1:

Paul's known epistles are what is found in the pages of the Bible. Do you have where he says 'ALL MY TEACHINGS ARE NOT IN THE EPISTLES'?
syncan already gave you the passage that clearly says the christian isn't to hold to d epistles alone but also to the unwritten word yet you continue to contradict the word of God with your "bible alone" stand.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Ubenedictus(m): 8:43am On Aug 07, 2013
superior1:

and not all of paul epistle can be found in the bible
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 8:50am On Aug 07, 2013
Ubenedictus: i'm quite sure i,m more conversants with these topics compared to the blunder you've been making on the thread. i also have been following the thread from the first page and i've read very word since. your assumption that i know nothing about the discussion is what is really laughable.

do well to answer the question.
peace.

This is just typical of the petty nonsense i have come to identify you with. Next time, i will just ignore it
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 8:55am On Aug 07, 2013
superior1:

This is what i found as the angel's interaction with Mary (Luke Gospel), can you point to your claims there and where it is said of Mary she will remain a virgin for life

28 The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you.”

29 Mary was greatly troubled at his words and wondered what kind of greeting this might be. 30 But the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary; you have found favor with God. 31 You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus. 32 He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, 33 and he will reign over Jacob’s descendants forever; his kingdom will never end.”

34 “How will this be,” Mary asked the angel, “since I am a virgin?”

35 The angel answered, “The Holy Spirit will come on you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. So the holy one to be born will be called[b] the Son of God. 36 Even Elizabeth your relative is going to have a child in her old age, and she who was said to be unable to conceive is in her sixth month. 37 For no word from God will ever fail.”

38 “I am the Lord’s servant,” Mary answered. “May your word to me be fulfilled.” Then the angel left her.

Please highlight where the angel talked about conception,there(like i told you earlier) you will find the Birth. Meanwhile I earnestly enjoin you to always be honest,the question you asked(which i came in to answer) was how she gave birth to Jesus and still retained her virginity. It is quite different from being a virgin for life as you now wrote.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 9:11am On Aug 07, 2013
Syncan:

Please highlight where the angel talked about conception,there(like i told you earlier) you will find the Birth. Meanwhile I earnestly enjoin you to always be honest,the question you asked(which i came in to answer) was how she gave birth to Jesus and still retained her virginity. It is quite different from being a virgin for life as you now wrote.

Ok, sorry if that offends you, i simply equate both to be same (It takes her to be a virgin after Jesus birth for her to remain virgin for life).

So, the bolded is it?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 9:23am On Aug 07, 2013
lol, so everything must be stated in the bible.....thats really really cool.
Ejoo, who is a legionaire here o?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 9:31am On Aug 07, 2013
Ubenedictus: syncan already gave you the passage that clearly says the christian isn't to hold to d epistles alone but also to the unwritten word yet you continue to contradict the word of God with your "bible alone" stand.

Dear one,Its just tiresome explaining to someone who will never accept that 1 comes before 2 in numeric order. Even when it does not concern core faith issues like "the book of Enoch existed before Jude". When we make up our mind that a certain belief is wrong, why do we bother asking for explanation, if we will not be truthful in receiving it? I just wonder.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 9:40am On Aug 07, 2013
Syncan:

Dear one,Its just tiresome explaining to someone who will never accept that 1 comes before 2 in numeric order. Even when it does not concern core faith issues like "the book of Enoch existed before Jude". When we make up our mind that a certain belief is wrong, why do we bother asking for explanation, if we will not be truthful in receiving it? I just wonder.

Syncan, I earnestly pray you to always be honest, I asked you two questions ' who is the author of the book' and also asked you to post the two alleged quoting so we can see if they are exactly the same. You have not got back on that.

It was also written that part of the book was ESTIMATEDLY around 1BC and the writers are different but you still believe what you wanted. Please bro, be honest !!(like you will say if it were me)
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 9:50am On Aug 07, 2013
superior1:

Ok, sorry if that offends you, i simply equate both to be same (It takes her to be a virgin after Jesus birth for her to remain virgin for life).

Thank you. They are different,one is the virgin birth, the other is Perpetual Virginity.

superior1:

So, the bolded is it?

Do not ask questions when you don't need to, please, you complained about playing around earlier.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 10:09am On Aug 07, 2013
Syncan:

Thank you. They are different,one is the virgin birth, the other is Perpetual Virginity.

Do not ask questions when you don't need to, please, you complained about playing around earlier.

Virgin birth and Perpetual Virginity (what is the difference, where are they in the gospel?)

No, the question wasn't answered, I just wanted to be sure it is on the premise of those words you arrived on the virginity of mary after she gave birth to Jesus (because this was not stated in the passage)
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 10:12am On Aug 07, 2013
superior1:

Syncan, I earnestly pray you to always be honest, I asked you two questions ' who is the author of the book' and also asked you to post the two alleged quoting so we can see if they are exactly the same. You have not got back on that.

It was also written that part of the book was ESTIMATEDLY around 1BC and the writers are different but you still believe what you wanted. Please bro, be honest !!(like you will say if it were me)

1. I never claimed to know the author of the book of Enoch, why ask me?

Though I am not obliged to this, I will however indulge you.

1Enoch1:9 "And behold! He cometh with ten thousands of His holy ones
To execute judgement upon all,
And to destroy all the ungodly:
And to convict all flesh
Of all the works of their ungodliness which they have ungodly committed,
And of all the hard things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him".

Jude1:14 "And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,(1:15) To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

2. We both posted this at different times :

"The older sections (mainly in the Book of the Watchers) are estimated to date from about 300 BC, and the latest part (Book of Parables) probably was composed at the end of the 1st century BC".

Why do you leave off the 300BC when we are talking of first Enoch? doesn't show transparency on your part bro. I believe that Jude quoted something written before him, how have you contradicted that?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 10:49am On Aug 07, 2013
Syncan:

1. I never claimed to know the author of the book of Enoch, why ask me?

Though I am not obliged to this, I will however indulge you.

1Enoch1:9 "And behold! He cometh with ten thousands of His holy ones
To execute judgement upon all,
And to destroy all the ungodly:
And to convict all flesh
Of all the works of their ungodliness which they have ungodly committed,
And of all the hard things which ungodly sinners have spoken against Him".

Jude1:14 "And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints,(1:15) To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.

2. We both posted this at different times :

"The older sections (mainly in the Book of the Watchers) are estimated to date from about 300 BC, and the latest part (Book of Parables) probably was composed at the end of the 1st century BC".

Why do you leave off the 300BC when we are talking of first Enoch? doesn't show transparency on your part bro. I believe that Jude quoted something written before him, how have you contradicted that?

Facts
1. Enoch wasn't the author of the book of Enoch
2. Jude mentioned Enoch prophesy is his letter but Enoch didn't write book of Enoch (so how can his mention of Enoch be automatically be the book of Enoch when Enoch didn't write the book )
3. According to the wikipedia you posted, the book as been re-arranged and re-visited.

While they both share a good similarities, there are some differences to point to. The book of Enoch is a fraud and its claims to Enoch as the author has been established to be lies, we can't conclude Jude was quoting from it (Because even the largest population of Jews do not accept this book neither Christians).
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Double27: 11:31am On Aug 07, 2013
Syncan:

You mean lyrics or audio?
audio bro
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Double27: 11:37am On Aug 07, 2013
Maria-Goretti:
lol, so everything must be stated in the bible.....thats really really cool.
Ejoo, who is a legionaire here o?
Nne am a legionary o. Ave . . .
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 11:43am On Aug 07, 2013
superior1:

Facts
1. Enoch wasn't the author of the book of Enoch
2. Jude mentioned Enoch prophesy is his letter but Enoch didn't write book of Enoch (so how can his mention of Enoch be automatically be the book of Enoch when Enoch didn't write the book )
3. According to the wikipedia you posted, the book as been re-arranged and re-visited.

While they both share a good similarities, there are some differences to point to. The book of Enoch is a fraud and its claims to Enoch as the author has been established to be lies, we can't conclude Jude was quoting from it (Because even the largest population of Jews do not accept this book neither Christians).

Sorry dear, I won't bother next time. All you need to do is go back and see what my claim has always been.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 11:47am On Aug 07, 2013
superior1:

Virgin birth and Perpetual Virginity (what is the difference, where are they in the gospel?)

No, the question wasn't answered, I just wanted to be sure it is on the premise of those words you arrived on the virginity of mary after she gave birth to Jesus (because this was not stated in the passage)

There is a difference but,I will stop my enlightenment of you on this. Experience with you in this thread has taught me better than to waste my time.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 11:52am On Aug 07, 2013
Syncan:

There is a difference but,I will stop my enlightenment of you on this. Experience with you in this thread has taught me better than to waste my time.

So, what is the difference and where can it be seen in the gospel?

You mean not being able to make a scripture out of book of Enoch makes you feel bad eeyah!!, sorry about that
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by MariaGoretti: 11:54am On Aug 07, 2013
Double27: Nne am a legionary o. Ave . . .
which part of the country are you in?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 11:55am On Aug 07, 2013
How was Mary a spouse to the Holy Spirit and yet married to Joseph??
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by italo: 2:38pm On Aug 07, 2013
How was Jesus the Son of God and yet the Son of Mary and Joseph?

How are we Children of God and yet Children of our parents?

How can we be bestfriends with Jesus and yet have bestfriends on earth?

How can Jesus and i be in love when Jesus and Syncan are in love?

How can a so-called Christian ask such a question?

*@Superior, if you do reply me, try not to bring lies into this as you normally do. I know it would be difficult but please try. Thank you*

superior1: How was Mary a spouse to the Holy Spirit and yet married to Joseph??

2 Likes

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 3:37pm On Aug 07, 2013
O purest of creatures! sweet Mother, sweet Maid;
The one spotless womb wherein Jesus was laid.
Dark night hath come down on us, Mother, and we
Look out for thy shining, sweet Star of the Sea.

2 Deep night hath come down on this rough-spoken world.
And the banners of darkness are boldly unfurled;
And the tempest-tossed Church—all her eyes are on thee.
They look to thy shining, sweet Star of the Sea.

3 He gazed on thy soul, it was spotless and fair;
For the empire of sin, it had never been there;
None ever had owned thee, dear Mother, but He,
And He blessed thy clear shining, sweet Star of the Sea.

4 Earth gave Him one lodging; ’twas deep in thy bre*st,
And God found a home where the sinner finds rest;
His home and His hiding-place, both were in thee;
He was won by thy shining, sweet Star of the Sea.

5 Oh, blissful and calm was the wonderful rest
That thou gavest thy God in thy virginal bre*st;
For the heaven He left He found heaven in thee,
And He shone in thy shining, sweet Star of the Sea.

Frederick William Faber, 1814–63

God bless you F.W Faber. Ave! Mariae!

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 3:43pm On Aug 07, 2013
italo: How was Jesus the Son of God and yet the Son of Mary and Joseph?

*@Superior, if you do reply me, try not to bring lies into this as you normally do. I know it would be difficult but please try. Thank you*

Italo, quite awhile, so anyone who doesnt agree with you are liars?, then you must also be a great liar (because i dont buy into your stuffs and they arent true from my perspective). We should be civil, dont you think so?
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by superior1: 3:46pm On Aug 07, 2013
Syncan: O purest of creatures! sweet Mother, sweet Maid;
The one spotless womb wherein Jesus was laid.
Dark night hath come down on us, Mother, and we
Look out for thy shining, sweet Star of the Sea.

2 Deep night hath come down on this rough-spoken world.
And the banners of darkness are boldly unfurled;
And the tempest-tossed Church—all her eyes are on thee.
They look to thy shining, sweet Star of the Sea.

3 He gazed on thy soul, it was spotless and fair;
For the empire of sin, it had never been there;
None ever had owned thee, dear Mother, but He,
And He blessed thy clear shining, sweet Star of the Sea.

4 Earth gave Him one lodging; ’twas deep in thy bre*st,
And God found a home where the sinner finds rest;
His home and His hiding-place, both were in thee;
He was won by thy shining, sweet Star of the Sea.

5 Oh, blissful and calm was the wonderful rest
That thou gavest thy God in thy virginal bre*st;
For the heaven He left He found heaven in thee,
And He shone in thy shining, sweet Star of the Sea.

Frederick William Faber, 1814–63

God bless you F.W Faber. Ave! Mariae!

Mary was saved like any other through Christ death, no?

1 Like

Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 3:57pm On Aug 07, 2013
Double27: audio bro

Something good can come out of YouTube.
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Syncan(m): 4:01pm On Aug 07, 2013
italo: How was Jesus the Son of God and yet the Son of Mary and Joseph?

You can write the bold again, 'tis pleasing to my sight. grin
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by Double27: 4:24pm On Aug 07, 2013
Syncan:

Something good can come out of YouTube.
tx
Maria-Goretti:
which part of the country are you in?
lag
Re: On The Most Blessed Virgin Mary- Teachings Of The Early Church Fathers- by italo: 5:02pm On Aug 07, 2013
It's not just me who knows you as a liar now, Superior. We are growing in number each day. You havent noticed? And i dont call you liar because you disagree with me, I call you liar because you LIE habitually on this forum. You intentionally say things that you know are untrue...and refuse to recant them even when you are proved wrong (and you know i have examples).

Teach me the civil way of calling a liar a liar and i'll gladly do it.

You lied that i said Catholics didnt receive the Eucharist until Pope Innocent III on the other thread and you are yet to show me where i said so...neither have you owned up to your false statement.

Is that your idea of being civil?

Then I dont wanna be civil
superior1:

Italo, quite awhile, so anyone who doesnt agree with you are liars?, then you must also be a great liar (because i dont buy into your stuffs and they arent true from my perspective). We should be civil, dont you think so?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (29) (Reply)

Biblical Week Indicates The Second Coming Of Christ To Be Between 2030 - 2035 / Father Emmanuel Akalue Reacts To Patrick Edet’s Resignation / "I Was Healed Of HIV At Father Ebube Muonso's Adoration Ministry" - Lady (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.