Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,760 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation (55148 Views)

Gtbank Documents Show How Saraki Transferred $3 Million To U.S. / #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin / Anambra Government Fixes Nkpor Flyover After Online Protests (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by mgbeketoto: 6:07pm On Aug 02, 2013
I thought Peter Obi said he was not briefed?
Na wah o!

Thanks to Fashola for enlightening us!

I am shocked.

Waiting to hear what Peter Obi has to say about this.

MORE STATES SHOULD EMULATE FASHOLA AND DEPORT THE DESTITUTES WHO LITTER OTHER STATES! kiss

1 Like

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by ak4God(m): 6:07pm On Aug 02, 2013
HE NO EASY TO BE A LAWYER NOT TO TALK OF A SAN.ABEG OBI SHOULD LICK DUST.IF NOT FOR OJUKWU,WHO KNOWS OBI?JUST A SUCCESSFUL BUSINESSMAN AND NOT A POLITICIAN.
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Nebeuwa(m): 6:08pm On Aug 02, 2013
PointB: Basically, there is nothing on these letters that indicated 'deportation' was eminent, let alone date, time, and venue.

The last letter invited Anambra official to come and identify 14 people who claimed to be from Anambra - including a certain Agboola. Why didn't Lagos State wait for this identification process to conclude, or write a reminder? Why nicodemusly dump Nigeria citizens in by the bridge, in the dead of the night.

Did anybody bothered to read the letter from AkwaIbom, which is very profession, and hard to fault. A genuine case of sick (mentally ill people) certified so by doctors. And only being repatriated because the genuinely need family care due to there mental state. The Akwa Ibom model is radically different, and very human in comparison to the nihilistic model adopted by the gra gra officials of Lagos State. They bungle a simple process simply due to aggravated intolerance and fascism.

Fashola is dead wrong to unilaterally dump Nigerians by the roadside, simply because they are considered poor and Igbos!

And there are questions if it is CONSTITUTIONAL.

1 Like

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by theoctopus: 6:09pm On Aug 02, 2013
This is a very stupid response from the LASG

1. The number of people deported were not 14. Where is the letter for all the people deported

2. You cannot deport people from any state in Nigeria. The Akwa Ibom example clearly says they could not be reunited with anyone in Akwa Ibom state and that is why they contacted the LASG since Lagos is their state of origin.

3. The Akwa Ibom state government did not carry the people back to Lagos and drop them at Ojota. Stop making silly comparisons

4. If you want to return people to their home states, you carry them there and hand them over to the appropriate ministry in charge of such affairs, not drop them on top of a bridge.

5. All the people dropped at Upper Iweka were not from Anambra state so the whole response is silly. Why didnt you take each person to their own state.

Very silly response written by a very silly person and published by another very silly person. Silliness all the way.

11 Likes

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by ebankole: 6:09pm On Aug 02, 2013
Now. this,is getting interesting#
I wonder why people would condem without first getting the facts right.....

1 Like

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Nebeuwa(m): 6:10pm On Aug 02, 2013
So there are papers that show that they were going to deport some people.

If you bother reading the documents, there is no date or a time. How is Anambra state supposed to know when these people people were going to arrive in Onitsha?

And the fact that these people were dumped in the early hours of the morning does not help Fashola's case either.

1 Like

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Demdem(m): 6:10pm On Aug 02, 2013
mgbeketoto: I thought Peter Obi said he was not briefed?

The Fool Lied.

3 Likes

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by bleachalhaji: 6:10pm On Aug 02, 2013
obitwo: You can never be smarter than a Yoruba man.

Obi has proven that he lacks documentation, consultation but just runs to the Press with no facts or substance

Obi must be really feeling stewpeed right now ... if he has seen this

BRF's IQ = 141
Obi's IQ = Still searching
never knew yorubas re smarter and nigeria re yet to produce torch light i thought smarter like germans
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Nebeuwa(m): 6:11pm On Aug 02, 2013
theoctopus: This is a very stupid response from the LASG

1. The number of people deported were not 14. Where is the letter for all the people deported

2. You cannot deport people from any state in Nigeria. The Akwa Ibom example clearly says they could not be reunited with anyone in Akwa Ibom state and that is why they contacted the LASG since Lagos is their state of origin.

3. The Akwa Ibom state government did not carry the people back Lagos and drop them at Ojota. Stop making silly comparisons

4. If you want to return people to their home states, you carry them there and hand them over to the appropriate ministry in charge of such affairs, not drop them on top of a bridge.

5. All the person dropped at Upper Iweka were not from Anabra state so the whole response is silly. Why didnt you take each person to their own state.

Very silly response written by a very silly person and published by another very silly person. Silliness all the way.

People are jumping up and down and saying here are the documents and did not even take the time to read it.

Now I am even more skeptical about Fashola's actions.

2 Likes

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Demdem(m): 6:13pm On Aug 02, 2013
Nebeuwa: So there are papers that show that they were going to deport some people.

If you bother reading the documents, there is no date or a time. How is Anambra state supposed to know when these people people were going to arrive in Onitsha?

And the fact that these people were dumped in the early hours of the morning does not help Fashola's case either.

what proactive step did peter obi take in making sure he comes to the aid of his people when been told about their predicament? Are u aware that LASG haboured these chaps for months taking good care of them before uniting them to their families?

1 Like

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by PHIPEX(m): 6:13pm On Aug 02, 2013
This will be my first comment on this issue since it started and I wish to say that I personally don't see much wrong in sending destitutes back to their homes as long as it is done in a legal and rational manner. I can't imagine how Lagos will look like if all the Almajiris in Nigeria decide to make Lagos their headquarters; there has to be order in the city.

But it is a gross display of hypocricy for anyone to turn a blind eye to the act of dumping a supposed homeless people homelessly under a bridge in the middle of the night. If Lagos cares to take them off their under-the-bridge settlements in lagos why dump them under another bridge in Onitsha? Besides, If 14 people claimed to be from Anambra state (Even though I can spot names and local govts that are not in Anambra) why transfer 76 destitutes to another state? In as much as this issue might be politicesed one way or the other it's very clear to everyone who still has his sense of reasoning intact that Lagos could have handled this issue in a better manner and save us this fightings.

If they could travel for about 6hrs from lagos to Onitsha why not add another 30mins and take them to the govt secretariate at Awka, wouldn't that have been more reasonable?

Wouldn't it have made more sense if a call was put across to the state govt notifying them of the dumped "citizens" rather than snicking in and out of the state like criminals.If the people that carried out this act were to be paid by Anambra state govt would they have turned back at the foot of the bridge and forfeited their pay?

Besides, the exhibits above doesn't indicate that a date was set for official handover so why should you expect govt officials to wait for you at the bridge by 3am?

6 Likes

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Nebeuwa(m): 6:13pm On Aug 02, 2013
Not all the people who were deported to Anambra were even from Anambra or even Igbo to make matters worse.

What is Fashola's excuse for that?
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Nobody: 6:13pm On Aug 02, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
Mukina, if this thread does not touch the front point, I'll know your agenda.

[size=18pt]
Choiii

A whole politician without ethics, without conduct, without integrity.

I knew it from the onset that Obi was using Ibo ppl's tribalism to gain grounds in the upcoming Anambra political chaos.

Peter Obiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii......... shame no dey even kash you!!

You dey chop apku 3x a day in your comfortable mansion while your people slave away in Lagos. [/size]

SPOT ON
IGBO PEOPLE SEEM TO HAVE GREAT DEAL OF HATRED FOR THIS MAN FASHOLA
I WISH THEY HAVE A FASHOLA TYPE OF PERSON IN THE SOUTH EAST AND SOUTH SOUTH\
THE HATRED WILL PROBABLY REDUCE
ANYWAYS, SOME PEOPLE WILL SURELY USE THIS ISSUE TO GAIN GROUND AND WIN THE HEARTS OF SOME DUMB VOTERS AHEAD OF ELECTIONS
NIGERIANS ARE JUST FULL OF HATRED AND ILL WISH AGAINST THEMSELVES
I JUST ATIMES FEAR FOR THE FUTURE OF NIGERIANS IF THOSE WHO ARE SUPPOSED TO BE LEADERS OF TOMMORROW ARE FULL OF HATRED BECAUSE THE OTHER PERSON IS NOT THEIR KINS MEN

1 Like

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by ebankole: 6:14pm On Aug 02, 2013
maxwello.yg:

Hehehe! Your tribe is way worse! What of you people that Tinubu steal from? Look at the mansions, all his wealth, littered everywhere round yoruba land. He is obviously using you people. You people can't even speak PIM about it. Shame on you!

Pot calling kettle black

2 Likes

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Demswear4u: 6:14pm On Aug 02, 2013
How can you defend the deportation of people from their own country in the dead of the night?
Certification my foot!

2 Likes

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by luvmijeje(f): 6:15pm On Aug 02, 2013
It's now official, Govenor Obi is a fool! For having the effrontery to play politics with people's life and also lie to a whole nation.

3 Likes

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Demswear4u: 6:16pm On Aug 02, 2013
Nebeuwa:

People are jumping up and down and saying here are the documents and did not even take the time to read it.

Now I am even more skeptical about Fashola's actions.
Seriously,the fashola guy is just digging himself into more trouble.

1 Like

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Nebeuwa(m): 6:16pm On Aug 02, 2013
So the document says 14 people and not 70 people? Yet some fools who did not bother reading the documents are jumping for joy.

Seems like someone is trying to pull a fast one.

1 Like

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by coogar: 6:17pm On Aug 02, 2013
peter obi is a pathological liar.......i keep wondering what he wanted the LASG to have done in this case? the deportees travelled in the night with a van of mobile police officers and arrived anambra in the wee hours of the morning......

what's the big deal? security was provided for them according to the reports i have read. is peter obi disagreeing with the 3am arrival of the deportees or is he in disagreement of the deportation of his kinsmen? he should come out and say instead of lying through his teeth.

5 Likes

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by logica(m): 6:17pm On Aug 02, 2013
Demdem:

The Fool Lied.
...or the briefing never reached his table. The personal assistant to the personal assistant of his assistant on such matters never briefed him and decided to keep quiet when his incompetence/oversight began to make his boss look like a monkey.

1 Like

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by viexcey(f): 6:18pm On Aug 02, 2013
And who said a letter cannot be back dated. That's not even the problem. The problem is why all the whole SE/SS was dumped in particular state each time? Why not the people they stated as anambra indigenes. Mind you,this is not the first time. The first tym,none of dem was from anambra.
The question we should ask is,why is it anambra state dat he notified.
B/w, people dat are saying that non indigenes should go back to their states should think before speaking. If everybody should be in their state, i wonder who will be traveling out of contry. These are the same people that blamed kanyan and south african govt for throwing nigerians out of their home.
Charity they say begins at home. This is all i have to say.

1 Like

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Demdem(m): 6:18pm On Aug 02, 2013
A fool that calls himself a leader who refused to come to the aid of 14 will never come to the aid of 70.
Only the extremely foolish will have issues with this.

6 Likes

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Policewoman(f): 6:18pm On Aug 02, 2013
This has shown once again that the lagos state government is made up of liars and deceitful people. I have picked up about 6 names there that are not from Anambra because the local govt areas quoted do not exist.

EMMANUEL OKON IKOLEGBENE
NDUBUISI KANU OGBOSHI
ANDY OSHONOGOR
JOSEPH ETO
GRACE UDOH
VICTORIA AGBOOLA

Is the fashola govt so dumb that they can no longer ascertain the origin of people properly before 'deporting' them?

3 Likes

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by searay(m): 6:18pm On Aug 02, 2013
Obiagu1:

It's obvious that the quality of education in Nigeria has deteriorated immensely.

Was Gov. Obi consulted before 72 persons were dumped in the middle of the night?
Communicating with someone about an issue and suddenly concluding the ongoing consultation unilaterally does not mean that Obi was told that 72 persons would be dumped at the bridgehead at the date and time.

How could Anambra receive them when a date was not set?
Please don't just waste your time most people do not know what COMMUNICATION means.

@OP, If I may request, can you please post the response of Gov Obi to this effect?
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 02, 2013
PETER OBI, STOP PLAYING POLITICS WITH PEOPLE'S LIFE

STOP TRYING TO USE TRIBALISM TO WIN AWARDS ....

STOP USING TRIBALISM TO GAIN POLITICAL GROUNDS IN ANAMBRA

OBI THE PATHOLOGICAL LIAR

HABA!!

SHAME NO DEY EVEN CATCH YOU

YOU LIED ON THE SAME SOIL WE BURIED OJUKWU

WHY?!!!! angry angry angry

7 Likes

Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Demdem(m): 6:19pm On Aug 02, 2013
logica: ...or the briefing never reached his table. The personal assistant to the personal assistant of his assistant on such matters never briefed him and decided to keep quiet when his incompetence/oversight began to make his boss look like a monkey.

and who is to be blamed for that? shouldnt it be the pusssy that appointed him. Besides has he been sacked for this mess?
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by Demswear4u: 6:19pm On Aug 02, 2013
luvmijeje: It's now official, Govenor Obi is a fool! For having the effrontery to play politics with people's life and also lie to a whole nation.
you are the fool for seeing nothing wrong in the deportation of harmless poor people by that hopeless fashola.
Why hasn't he deported the thousands of yoruba touts and dangerous criminals in lagos?
Re: Documents Show Lagos Informed Anambra Government Before Alleged Deportation by logica(m): 6:20pm On Aug 02, 2013
Policewoman: This has shown once again that the lagos state government is made up of liars and deceitful people. I have picked up about 6 names there that are not from Anambra because the local govt areas quoted do not exist.

EMMANUEL OKON IKOLEGBENE
NDUBUISI KANU OGBOSHI
ANDY OSHONOGOR
JOSEPH ETO
GRACE UDOH
VICTORIA AGBOOLA

Is the fashola govt so dumb that they can no longer ascertain the origin of people properly before 'deporting' them?
If a Nigerian due for deportation from the UK lies that he is from Ghana, where do you think they will prepare his deportation to? Answer me quickly please.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (40) (Reply)

Akin Alabi: Obi Cubana Has A Traceable & Verifiable Business / INEC Uploads Blurry Results Sheets On Portal / Fatima Ganduje And Idris Abolaji Ajimobi's White Wedding Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.