Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:50 AM

#Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin (20965 Views)

Gtbank Documents Show How Saraki Transferred $3 Million To U.S. / Saraki Is Technically Out Of Office! / The Worst Will Happen If Saraki Is Removed — Baraje (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

#Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by olafum1(m): 6:16am On Apr 09, 2016
Toyin, the wife of the President of the Nigerian Senate, is a mere business front for her husband, fresh documents retrieved by PREMIUM TIMES from the massive Mossack Fonseca database have shown.
According to the new documents, the assets in Toyin’s name in tax havens are actually held in trust for Bukola Saraki, Nigeria’s third most powerful official.

PREMIUM TIMES had reported on Monday that Mr. Saraki failed to disclose four assets found to be in his wife’s name offshore, in violation of Nigeria’s code of conduct law.

That revelation came to light following the leak of a trove of internal data from the Panama-based offshore-provider, Mossack Fonseca, obtained by the German newspaper, Süddeutsche Zeitung, and shared by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ) with PREMIUM TIMES and over 100 other media partners in 82 countries.
In his response to that publication, Mr. Saraki said the controversial assets belonged to the estate of his wife’s rich and famous family, and that the law did not mandate him to declare such a category of assets.
But PREMIUM TIMES has now found that the assets neither belong to Toyin nor to her family’s estate. They are clearly Mr. Saraki’s.
Sandon Development Limited and Number 8 Whittaker Street
One of the companies in Mrs Saraki’s name in Seychelles Island is Sandon Development Limited, a vehicle used in acquiring a property on 8 Whittaker Street, Belgravia, London, in 2012. Another shareholder listed for that company is Babatunde Morakinyo, a long-term personal aide and friend of Mr. Saraki.

However fresh evidence has shown that Mrs. Saraki and Mr. Morakinyo were mere fronts, nominee directors holding assets in trust for the Senate president.

According to one of the documents in our possession, in April 2012, while still Kwara governor, Mr. Saraki, describing himself as landlord of 8 Whittaker Street, London and 70 Bourne Street, London, executed a deed granting his tenants licence to alter the premises of the properties.
Part three of the deed read, “This license is supplemental. The reversion immediately expectant on the determination of the lease is now vested in the landlord.
“The unexpired residue of the No. 70 (Bourne Street) lease is still vested in Dr. Saraki and the unexpired residue of the number 8 (Whittaker Street) lease is now vested in the companies.”
The deed was “signed, sealed and delivered” by Mr. Saraki on behalf of himself, Sandon Development Limited and Renocon Property Development Limited.

Recall that it was from Renocon that Mrs Saraki, posing as owner of Sandon, purportedly bought Number 8 Whittaker Street in July 2011.
But it is now clear that both companies actually belong to Mr. Saraki, and that he only used a company owned by him to buy a property from another of his companies.
His wife, Toyin, fronted for him in the purported transaction, and it is not clear why the Senate president acted that way.
Girol Properties Ltd and Toyin the nominee director
Girol Properties Ltd, was registered on August 25, 2004 (a year after Mrs. Saraki’s husband became governor of Nigeria’s north-central state of Kwara) in the British Virgin Island (BVI).
Company documents show that Mrs. Saraki owns 25,000 numbers of shares with a par value of US$ 1,00 each, and was appointed the first and only director of the company.

Mrs Saraki however, in a letter to ICIJ, through her lawyers, denies ever owning any shareholding in Girol Properties.
But we have now retrieved a document linking her firmly to the firm, as well as another handwritten document suggesting that Mrs Saraki was known within Mossack Fonseca as just a nominee director and not the beneficial owner of the company.

See the document below.

Details @ http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/201432-panamapapers-documents-show-hidden-offshore-assets-belong-senate-president-saraki-wife-toyin-mere-front.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by omenka(m): 6:23am On Apr 09, 2016
Eyaa. Too bad this is happening to the adopted child/hero of the people of the Lost Tribe of Isherel. Wondering when they'd don their funny hats and gowns to take to the streets in protest of this obvious witch hunt again.

62 Likes 7 Shares

Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by cktheluckyman: 6:26am On Apr 09, 2016
If premium times like they can continue publishing Saraki matter from now till 2019,he will neither resign nor be removed as the senate president!!

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by cktheluckyman: 6:29am On Apr 09, 2016
I still did not even see where Mr Saraki's name was mentioned in that document!!it will take more than this childish publications to remove him.

3 Likes

Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by olafum1(m): 6:33am On Apr 09, 2016
omenka:
Eyaa. Too bad this is happening to the adopted child/hero of the people of the Lost Tribe of Isherel. Wondering when they'd don their funny hats and gowns to take to the streets in protest of this obvious witch hunt again.

The call to protest this evil shouldn't be tribalise, every well-meaning, sensible, and moral individuals regardless of ethnicity should call a spade a spade and come out to put away evil from our system.

I am ready to join the protest against this great perversion of our time..

To me: the whole of the Senate has lost her integrity, I mean-how can those people be lawmakers?

Nigeria is losing it by the day cry

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by olafum1(m): 6:37am On Apr 09, 2016
cktheluckyman:
I still did not even see where Mr Saraki's name was mentioned in that document!!it will take more than this childish publications to remove him.

Either inferred or boldly written, what you won't see, you will not see.

Anyway, u can take ur time to read details on d mother site

17 Likes

Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by cktheluckyman: 6:38am On Apr 09, 2016
olafum1:

The call to protest this evil shouldn't be tribalise, every well-meaning, sensible, and moral individuals regardless of ethnicity should call a spade a spade and come out to put away evil from our system.

To me: the whole of the Senate has lost her integrity, I mean-how can those people be lawmakers?

Did you protest when Buhari contested and won the presidential election with forged credentials? Your hypocrisy stinks.Saraki will remain senate president and willcontinue to stall his trial till 2019.Suck on it

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by olafum1(m): 6:44am On Apr 09, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Did you protest when Buhari contested and won the presidential election with forged credentials? Your hypocrisy stinks.Saraki will remain senate president and willcontinue to stall his trial till 2019.Suck on it

You should actually ask yourself that question, did you protest?

Then another question you should ask yourself is, are you supporting Saraki to defend what is RIGHT against the corruption allegation against him locally & internationally or just to get back at Apc govt?

Because, if it's d latter, you have lost ur morality.

50 Likes 7 Shares

Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by Terry68: 6:53am On Apr 09, 2016
This man should honorably resign. Finish!

3 Likes

Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by cktheluckyman: 6:57am On Apr 09, 2016
olafum1:

Then another question you should ask yourself is, are you supporting Saraki to defend what is RIGHT against the corruption allegation against him locally & internationally or just to get back at Apc govt?

If you are not complaining about Buhari's forgery of WAEC certificate then you should have no moral right to complain about Saraki's alleged false assets declaration which is is even a far lesser crime than what Buhari did.You Yorubas are simply pissed about the way he disgraced your local champion last June.It is going to take more than premium times and sahara reporters propaganda to remove him.As long as the majority of the senators are still with saraki he will remain the senate president and there is nothing you can do about it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by haqueurate(m): 7:05am On Apr 09, 2016
I wonder why the good and educated people of kwara are still sitting looking at events like docile sheeps. I thought by now they would have taking law into their hand to banish all memories of this evil 'asitani' family and their stooges who have enslaved them for so long. But no, its only goat thieves that deserve jungle justce. Smh angry

8 Likes

Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by haqueurate(m): 7:16am On Apr 09, 2016
olafum1:

thats chukwudi44 with a new moniker, talking sense with him his senseless, I think he is the naraland olaniyonu (sarakis spokesman) dont bother yourself expect him to die defending saraki
or how do you explain someone calling an international leak like the panama leak a propaganda by premium times grin

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by cktheluckyman: 7:18am On Apr 09, 2016
haqueurate:
I wonder why the good and educated people of kwara are still sitting looking at events like docile sheeps. I thought by now they would have taking law into their hand to banish all memories of this evil 'asitani' family and their stooges who have enslaved them for so long. But no, its only goat thieves that deserve jungle justce. Smh angry

They are waiting for lagosians to start with the Tinubu family so they can take a cue from that.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by cktheluckyman: 7:20am On Apr 09, 2016
haqueurate:

thats chukwudi44 with a new moniker, talking sense with him his senseless, I think he is the naraland olaniyonu (sarakis spokesman) dont bother yourself expect him to die defending saraki

Chukwudi44 ko chukwudi45 ni.New moniker indeed.I have been on this site since 2014.Make I hear word jare

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by haqueurate(m): 7:23am On Apr 09, 2016
cktheluckyman:

They are waiting for lagosians to start with the Tinubu family so they can take a cue from that.
chukwudi44, dont you think you should be conferencing with the 80 thieves (I mean lawyers) on how to thwart the case against your boss? I dont think you canwin this battle on naraland, believe me sarakis case is lost course here

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by Bawsse(m): 7:32am On Apr 09, 2016
Saraki shudnt resign o

If he does buhari myt have pity/mercy on him

And we definitely won't want dt

3 Likes

Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by Day169: 7:41am On Apr 09, 2016
The Saraki name is fast becoming synonymous with theft. ..A trademark!
Is this the new face of corruption in Nigeria or just another Senate President being associated with grand larceny? ..or witch hunt.

3 Likes

Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by CHIJIOKE1314: 7:41am On Apr 09, 2016
olafum1:

Quoting that moniker will never change anything..
His comments and assertions are always riddled with hate and venomous infers to a set of ppl who are beyond his measures..

Omenka, claims to be a woman, but I doubt if there is any Nigerian woman that can possess the amount of Vile, hate and recklessness.. Then such woman must be a very big issue as wife.. He is a man!!

Topic;

Seraki alone Or even the entire Senate are not only our problem.

The whole process and structure is..

Let me ask you; have you ever wondered why must of our elites don't trust this country..

They all have houses abroad, if they are sick, it's abroad, most of all their normal and everyday activities are done off our shores with Nigeria as only their Office..

They all behave as ppl who doesn't believe in Nigeria..

You see there is a level you will get to as Nigerian, that you may began to feel same way..

The structure is bad and the constitution is weak.. The earlier we start clamoring for the real thing the better for all of us collectively. .if not we shall be supporting them while they are busy sharing our common wealth without sweat..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by DaBullIT(m): 7:57am On Apr 09, 2016
They are happy when Fulani's attack Falae , but they scream massacre then call for secession when same fulanis raype their wives kill them in their farms

They do not understand why Yorubas are not having a pint of Pity or support for Saraki But will complain when EFCC arrests GEJ's cousin

As far as i know , Saraki is a goner , He should either fake his death or abdicate the legendary throne of power as SP

Otherwise , by the time all these revelations get through and completed, I fear Nigerian masses will lynch him

It's better for him to take a plea now
omenka:

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by cktheluckyman: 8:12am On Apr 09, 2016
haqueurate:

chukwudi44, dont you think you should be conferencing with the 80 thieves (I mean lawyers) on how to thwart the case against your boss? I dont think you canwin this battle on naraland, believe me sarakis case is lost course here

Call me chukwudi44 if you care.The fact remains that this case would not be decided on nairaland and please I don't work for Saraki.You can continue to rant on nairaland,it wouldn't even affect Saraki one bit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by omenka(m): 9:33am On Apr 09, 2016
DaBullIT:
They are happy when Fulani's attack Falae , but they scream massacre then call for secession when same fulanis raype their wives kill them in their farms

They do not understand why Yorubas are not having a pint of Pity or support for Saraki But will complain when EFCC arrests GEJ's cousin

As far as i know , Saraki is a goner , He should either fake his death or abdicate the legendary throne of power as SP

Otherwise , by the time all these revelations get through and completed, I fear Nigerian masses will lynch him

Since those Lost Ishrealis have decided to turn the politics board into a tribal battle ground, I'd give it to them just how they like it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by CHIJIOKE1314: 11:21am On Apr 09, 2016
[s]
DaBullIT:

They do not understand why Yorubas are not having a pint of Pity or support for Saraki But will complain when EFCC arrests GEJ's cousin[/s]

Until you sheered urself of hate you may never achieve a sensible post like you used to..

Pls who is Seraki to those people you introduce into this convo now.. Pls, do with Seraki what ever you ll.. Even if you like extent it to Ekweremadu..who cares about all those criminals.. 'Who them Don epp'?

For ur info, it's factions of APC and PDP, protecting Seraki from his criminalities not those you refers....for they are not the only make up of those criminals..
Check the picture of all those on a bus to CCT and direct ur anger appropriately..

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by Bobola62: 11:30am On Apr 09, 2016
cktheluckyman:
If premium times like they can continue publishing Saraki matter from now till 2019,he will neither resign nor be removed as the senate president!!
. Hmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by DaBullIT(m): 11:43am On Apr 09, 2016
Your point being ??

I do not hate anyone mind you , but your presentation will always determine the response you'll get

CCT Admits error in Tinubu's issue , an evidence was supposed to be in writing and it was not written, that's the error

and you people are making it seem like CCT freed Tinubu , they CCT said they have learnt from that mistake , and that case is already closed , why can't you people just stop with Tinubu's name ? FYI from where i stand i think Fashola had chance to embezzle and not once have you been able to pin anything on him , All i hear is tinubu this Tinubu that

If you are not satisfied , appeal the closed case against Tinubu, i am sure the world will be interested and So far , Not one mention of Tinubu with the PanamaScandal , Until i see that , I stand by those people except Saraki
CHIJIOKE1314:
[s][/b]

Until you sheered urself of hate you may never achieve a sensible post like you used to..

Pls who is Seraki to those people you introduce into this convo now.. Pls, do with Seraki what ever you ll.. Even if you like extent it to Ekweremadu..who cares about all those criminals.. 'Who them Don epp'?

For ur info, it's factions of APC and PDP, protecting Seraki from his criminalities not those you refers....for they are not the only make up of those criminals..
Check the picture of all those on a bus to CCT and direct ur anger appropriately..

4 Likes

Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by CHIJIOKE1314: 12:09pm On Apr 09, 2016
DaBullIT:
Your point being ??

I do not hate anyone mind you , but your presentation will always determine the response you'll get

CCT Admits error in Tinubu's issue , an evidence was supposed to be in writing and it was not written, that's the error

and you people are making it seem like CCT freed Tinubu , they CCT said they have learnt from that mistake , and that case is already closed , why can't you people just stop with Tinubu's name ? FYI from where i stand i think Fashola had chance to embezzle and not once have you been able to pin anything on him , All i hear is tinubu this Tinubu that

If you are not satisfied , appeal the closed case against Tinubu, i am sure the world will be interested and So far , Not one mention of Tinubu with the PanamaScandal , Until i see that , I stand by those people except Saraki

Whatever that makes you sleep..

The issue I am more interested in addressing is this omenka boy.. Who ranting on Igbos issues at everytime prevents his sleep..

You can stand with whom so ever you please, but it's amazing to read you calling 'you ppl's..

See guy.. I don't have any political affiliation with anyone and I don't give a hoot about politicians.. Be it PDP or APC. .

If you have anything directly to benefit from Tinubu, then who am I to stop you from protecting his interests, but if you don't, then it's unfortunate...

Just check the Topic and see if there is any goddam reason the slow omenka should spill his guts on this thread. .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by kennysteve77: 12:59pm On Apr 09, 2016
Until the panama papers mention Tinubu, I will regard all mentions as the result of PMB's jonketing all around the world...
Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by Integrityfarms(m): 12:59pm On Apr 09, 2016
cktheluckyman:

Let justice have it's right course without bending the rules in favour of anyone!

1 Like

Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by memm: 1:00pm On Apr 09, 2016
wow
Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by AntiWailer: 1:00pm On Apr 09, 2016
That one is a gonner

1 Like

Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by Jediel1(m): 1:00pm On Apr 09, 2016
in sound sultans voice *one day bush meat go catch d hunter*

1 Like

Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by Goddygee(m): 1:01pm On Apr 09, 2016
Driver wait o ! Make i grab sit b4 dis bus full...waiting for. The change zombies **sipping kunu**
Re: #Panama Papers: Documents Show Saraki Is The Owner Of Hidden Assets & Not Toyin by Wendyslim(f): 1:01pm On Apr 09, 2016
Ok. We don hear. Just do the needful

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soldiers Repel Boko Haram Attacks In Kangarwa, Borno / Wike Hands Over New Federal High Court Complex To Chief Judge Of Federal Court(p / Omoyele Sowore Takes Presidential Campaign To Ondo River (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.