Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:14 AM

Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! - Webmasters (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! (523032 Views)

Learn Bulk SMS Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! Www.buymoresms.com / Web Design Live On Nairaland, Professional / Forum Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Vstuffs(m): 8:46am On Oct 10, 2014
[quote author=donromanus post=27015126][/quote]the setup is not much...Check "Google"...
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by paulgreat(m): 10:23pm On Oct 11, 2014
Good Evening Peeps,
Guess you guys had a great day! So sorry if I missed your calls my day has been a bit tight.
The Web Design Training is exclusively for beginners scheduled to start this coming saturday.

Date: 18th of October, 2014.
Time: 12noon till 4pm.
Venue: Okota, Lagos.
The training is absolutely free.
The aim is to teach you the step by step approach of designing a professional website using wordpress without going through complex procedures such as writing codes.
Below are 3 different sites amongst million created using wordpress.

BBC America: www.bbcamerica.com
Georgia State University: www.gsu.edu
Bata. www.bata.com

At the end of the training you will be able to design professional websites, blogs and also learn a little about graphics.
This in-house training is going to be interactive and 100% practical and not theoretical.
Feel free to add me on Facebook Paul Uwaya
You can also call me on 08063206180, 08084655549 or send a mail to pauluwaya@gmail.com

Best Regards,

Paul Uwaya

1 Like

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by chibuking1(m): 1:21am On Oct 12, 2014
Location?
paulgreat:
Good Evening Peeps,
Guess you guys had a great day! So sorry if I missed your calls my day has been a bit tight.
The Web Design Training is exclusively for beginners scheduled to start this coming saturday.

Date: 18th of October, 2014.
Time: 12noon till 4pm.
Venue: Okota, Lagos.
The training is absolutely free.
The aim is to teach you the step by step approach of designing a professional website using wordpress without going through complex procedures such as writing codes.
Below are 3 different sites amongst million created using wordpress.

BBC America: www.bbcamerica.com
Georgia State University: www.gsu.edu
Bata. www.bata.com

At the end of the training you will be able to design professional websites, blogs and also learn a little about graphics.
This in-house training is going to be interactive and 100% practical and not theoretical.
Feel free to add me on Facebook Paul Uwaya
You can also call me on 08063206180, 08084655549 or send a mail to pauluwaya@gmail.com

Best Regards,

Paul Uwaya
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by biggmusty(m): 10:17am On Oct 12, 2014
udswagz:
Reading the post, i bet some ideas came into your head,
well if it is one that has to do with tech, i may be of help
I can help you build your idea, create a strong online presence
for your brand.
With my web development and Android app development skills
i can help you build a beautiful website or intuitive mobile app
which aligns with the coporate vision of your organisation.
In case that idea is still in your head
visit: www.udonline.net

I will expecting your email smiley

Some sites i have completed
www.helonyconcept.com
www.chypesfrontline.com
www.botosoftechnologies.com
www.kasemart.com [e-commerce]

The most recent Android app i just published on Google play store

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dmasnig.udcreate
lovely work u've done bro #Respect
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 10:13pm On Oct 14, 2014
zpakln:
@ iyenimofe , please how do I contact you?
You can send me a mail
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by zpakln(f): 10:47pm On Oct 14, 2014
iyenimofe:

You can send me a mail
your mail add pls
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by lakesidepro: 8:01am On Oct 15, 2014
I need someone to help regarding my flash template editing ? Template already installed to the domain name but need assistance regarding editing. pls contact lakesidenigeria@hotmail.com
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Paulfish: 9:34am On Oct 17, 2014
iyenimofe:
HTML Hyperlinks
HTML Hyperlinks are words or images that are found on a page (source page), such that if it is clicked, the user will be taken to another point (destination) in the same page or a different page.
Links are created with the anchor <a> tag. The <a> tag is however useless if the destination is not given. This is done with the href (hyperlink reference) attribute. As learnt in a previous session, all attributes have values. The value of the href attribute is the URL of the destination page. Thus, the Hyperlink syntax is:
<a href="url">Content</a>
NOTE: It is the content between the opening and closing tag that is clicked as the link.
Example: <a href="http://www.nairaland.com">Nairaland</a> The text Nairaland will appear as the link and when clicked, will take the user to the adress- http://www.nairaland.com.
sorry for taking us back`' i tried it but it didnt work¯please tell me how to include link on this site in form of html
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by meggaable: 8:59pm On Oct 21, 2014
@ Iyenimofe, please help me out, I am just a beginner on web design..I am having an issue with a front page of a web which I am designing, I want the picture to slide along with each other, I don't know if you understand what I am talking about, in sense that a church website you visit their front banner animate...Please Help.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by meggaable: 7:45pm On Oct 22, 2014
@ all webmasters, please help me out, I am just a beginner on web design..I am having an issue with a front page of a web which I am designing, I want the picture to slide along with each other, I don't know if you understand what I am talking about, in sense that a church website you visit their front banner animate...Please Help.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Crixina(f): 2:54pm On Oct 24, 2014
iyenimofe:
Why Tutor Web design Directly on
Nairaland?

The Internet is a large source of Web Design Tutorials, some correct and
some are not. Since HTML, CSS, PHP, JavaScript, etc may be foreign to a
newbie, he may be quite unsure of what he is learning.
To make matters worse, most tutorials do not have a FUNCTIONAL
interactive medium where questions can be asked and answered.
The Solution:
The problem will be solved if a platform is created to treat web design
tutorials and at the same time deal with questions posted by users. This
is where the thread comes in.
This thread will treat Web tutorials on HTML, CSS, PHP, JavaScript and so on.
These tutorials will be posted DIRECTLY HERE on the thread. Problems/
Questions can also be posted and since this is an open platform, it may
be answered by fellow Nairalanders who have had experience in our local
market.
All you have to do is sit back, visit the thread, read the posts, ask
questions (if any), contribute to or debunk posted tutorials. And you do
all of this without even leaving Nairaland! smiley How easier can it be?
Let’s set the ball rolling!!
pls I'm so happy to find this thread,I must commend your work here.pls I'm just new in this thing,and I seriously need help from the likes of you.thanks
I will pm you.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by SimpleJetty(f): 3:14pm On Oct 25, 2014
Pls I need someone to create a website for me. Would like to know what it takes. Thanks
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 7:34pm On Nov 05, 2014
For a while now, the web design tuts have been somewhat paralyzed. After the Nairaland tsunami, a sizeable amount of tuts(a large part of JS and some HTML5) went missing.
I have been very busy in these past months on personal projects, so I was not able to repost them. However, I WILL upload the HTML5 section.
I do hope I have enough time to complete the HTML 5 this year...hope. However, be rest assured that this thread...is not dead. See y'all later.
P.S: Keep the questions rolling in! I'll try my best to answer 'em.

2 Likes

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 06, 2014
iyenimofe:
For a while now, the web design tuts have been somewhat paralyzed. After the Nairaland tsunami, a sizeable amount of tuts(a large part of JS and some HTML5) went missing.
I have been very busy in these past months on personal projects, so I was not able to repost them. However, I WILL upload the HTML5 section.
I do hope I have enough time to complete the HTML 5 this year...hope. However, be rest assured that this thread...is not dead. See y'all later.
P.S: Keep the questions rolling in! I'll try my best to answer 'em.
sir please , I need to learn web design , please where can I download a video.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by larryozomah(m): 11:39pm On Nov 06, 2014
post=27791431:
sir please , I need to learn web design , please where can I download a video.
Why don't you check youtube....really helped me alot
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Nobody: 11:41pm On Nov 06, 2014
larryozomah:

Why don't you check youtube....really helped me alot
thanks sir... Am downloading HTML and CSS tutorial now... Problem is, I have no PC to test my codes.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 1:03am On Nov 07, 2014
Hello y'all. Welcome back to the “Learn Web Design LIVE on Nairaland” tutorials. It’s been a while since we treated our last topic in the series, JavaScript. We began our series with the HTML tuts, and then we moved to CSS. We then scratched the surface of JavaScript. Due to some issues we were not able to complete JS. No worries though, as we have something up our sleeves.
For now though, and as earlier stated, we shall start a new language in the series- HTML5.
As usual,questions can be asked regarding the ongoing topic. Those who know the answers would try their best to answer the questions. Trolls and Spammers please do not break the flow of the tuts.
Without much ado, let us begin. HTML5, here we come!
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 1:04am On Nov 07, 2014
NOTE: This HTML5 tutorial is meant for those who have basic HTML knowledge and are comfortable with the markup language already. If you don’t belong to this category, head over to page 0
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 1:06am On Nov 07, 2014
Introduction to HTML5

What HTML5 is
HTML5 is definitely not a new language to you if you’ve come this far. HTML5 is the most recent form of HTML. HTML5’s core aim is to present HTML in a more semantic way. See it as focusing not on the visual layout of a page but on the page’s structure and what it means.

What HTML5 isn’t
HTML5 is not a replacement to HTML 4 and XHTML 1. Although new tags are introduced in HTML5, most HTML4 tags are still kept. So, whenever you work in HTML5, you’ll still be using traditional HTML tags.
Why should you be bothered about HTML5?
Even though HTML5 is the latest version of HTML, it’s not that new. It has been in existence for some years now. So almost, if not all, developers and designers work in HTML5. Coding in earlier versions alienates you from the crowd, literally.

Now, the facts;
1) HTML5 encourages easier coding. As you shall see later, in HTML5, all unnecessary jargon has been omitted and standards that are being used by majority of designers, developers and designers, have been, well, standardized. The rules of HTML5 are also laidback compared to earlier versions.
2) Due to its semantic structure, search engines will ‘understand’ pages written in HTML5 better. This will result to your pages being delivered to the right person and you getting his click. Win-Win.
3) Mobile browsers also have wonderful support for pages coded in HTML5. Hence, you can be rest assured that your pages will be delivered to the mobile users( a large group of internet users) correctly.
4) Knowledge of HTML5 can be used to create Hybrid mobile apps. These are mobile apps that are not written with the native language of a phone. Rather, it is compiled with HTML5, CSS3 and JS that runs in an internal browser in the app.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 2:00pm On Nov 07, 2014
What’s new in HTML5?
AS stated above HTML5 aims to present web pages in a way that browsers and search engines get the structure and the actual intent of the author. Hence
1) New semantic elements are introduced:These are the <header>, <nav>, <article>, <section>, <aside> and <footer> tags.
2) New form elements are introduced: New form tags are implemented. Features for placeholders and error messages are also introduced.
3) Support for Audio and Video natively: Audio and Video will now be HTML5 supported. This will rule out the use of external plugins.
4) Geo Location: With Geo location you can detect the present location of your user and any change in their location.
5) SVG: Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) is an image format that presents images, vector ones, with XML. The major advantage of SVG is that the quality of an image is preserved when it is blown up.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 2:01pm On Nov 07, 2014
6) Canvas: This enables us to draw anything, yes anything on our web page. Gone are the days when we were limited to shapes. With canvas, simple lines, arcs, gradients, patterns and even video can be manipulated. However, it does not beat SVG
7) Drag and Drop: Drag and Drop gives power to the user. It allows the user to drag web elements across the page and, yeah you guessed right, drop them.
cool Offline Apps and Web Storage: Offline Apps introduce the concept of applications being available for use offline while Web storage allows us to store information on a user’s device via the browser instead of on cookies.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by gboyetade: 4:22pm On Nov 07, 2014
Amateur/up Coming Website designers opportunity To Exchange Ideas And Learn More - Webmasters - Nairaland - https://www.nairaland.com/1984560/amateur-up-coming-website-designers#27779104

You can join the Whatsapp group if you wish. It is absolutely free.

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (121) (Reply)

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture / How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.