Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! (523216 Views)

Learn Bulk SMS Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! Www.buymoresms.com / Web Design Live On Nairaland, Professional / Forum Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Aug 08, 2013
+@ctive:
Great job @op. When will exams be coming up?
What have you learnt that you want to write exam? olodo!
@op, you can check out that my textpad app and let us know if your students can use it - or if i need to take it back to the drawing job board. It was your post that made me feel like contributing it now - i have created my own tutorial threads in the past and will support those taking similar steps.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 8:46pm On Aug 08, 2013
Aafulenu: Thank u kiss kiss
:-) Its our job- imparting knowledge. Just do the learning!

2 Likes

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 8:49pm On Aug 08, 2013
*dhtml:

What have you learnt that you want to write exam? olodo!
@op, you can check out that my textpad app and let us know if your students can use it - or if i need to take it back to the drawing job. It was your post that made me feel like contributing it now - i have created my own tutorial threads in the past and will support those taking similar steps.
Nice Idea! Just give me some time to check it out.

1 Like

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by cannonnier(m): 10:17pm On Aug 08, 2013
iyenimofe:
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by brownlord: 2:09am On Aug 09, 2013
Walks into thread with my analog computer, what am i seeing, web design class, running back to gate computer school to collect my 10k. @op, i carry my mama, take beg my late papa to take tell you thank you for this good work.

Sit down quietly in front sit, as a good student, following the explanation carefully, no more NYSC and politics thread. i don collect prefect for this class

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Nobody: 7:22am On Aug 09, 2013
^^^Dont tell me you carried a torpedo data computer mark 3 into this thread?

5 Likes

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 7:27am On Aug 09, 2013
brownlord: Walks into thread with my analog computer, what am i seeing, web design class, running back to gate computer school to collect my 10k. @op, i carry my mama, take beg my late papa to take tell you thank you for this good work.

Sit down quietly in front sit, as a good student, following the explanation carefully, no more NYSC and politics thread. i don collect prefect for this class
What you're going to Sokoto to learn is right in your sokoto.

5 Likes

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Ugokings4luv(m): 8:54am On Aug 09, 2013
K
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by CreativeWeb(m): 8:56am On Aug 09, 2013
Good work you are doing here. I can contribute on css when the time comes. cheers.

11 Likes

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by ctive: 9:06am On Aug 09, 2013
@op, do we have to store each and every declaration in our memory? I like the simplicity of the declaration for HTML 5. Also, can you kindly, expatiate on the <base> tag, I do not see the usefulness of it.

.................. .
<thanks>Thank you</thanks>

14 Likes

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by majinice07: 9:30am On Aug 09, 2013
This will be one of the best class i'll ever attend with all my attention and hope it'll help me
Thanks to the OP, i'll not let you down!..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 11:41am On Aug 09, 2013
+@ctive:
Also, can you kindly, expatiate on the <base> tag, I do not see the usefulness of it.
Twill be treated in the Links class.
+@ctive:
@op, do we have to store each and every declaration in our memory? I like the simplicity of the declaration for HTML 5.
Just save the declarations in a .txt file and when you need any of it, copy and paste.

NICE ONE WITH THE <thanks> tag... But eh! I hope others know it doesn't exist and you just made it up! smiley

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by brownlord: 2:46pm On Aug 09, 2013
iyenimofe:
What you're going to Sokoto to learn is right in your sokoto.

I sware, although am tru wit it, bt I knw for sure d man dnt knw jack abt web design. He jst go online to source for materials, he only taught us html, few tins in css, then dream waver, frm the first day I went to the school, when I got home I came online and downloaded some ebook on html. It was easy for, m only finding css difficult cos hv nt had smbody to put me tru. So I'd wait for u there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by tolu1832: 2:48pm On Aug 09, 2013
This is a Free Program. You do not need to pay!!

Relary - NEW team Training and building Website

Earn $1 For Every FREE Member

NO UPGRADE!! NO FEE !! NO MONTHLY FEE !!

=> EVERY FREE MEMBER You Enroll Gets You $1 !!

=> 3 People To Start With Monthly can Earns You $9840 Monthly !!

=> Get Paid Via Payza & Paypal

Join Here NOW! http://www.relary.org/ref/?id=5186
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 3:43pm On Aug 09, 2013
There are two tags that work in hand with the <h> and <p> tags. These are:
1-The Horizontal Rule <hr>: The <hr> tag crates a horizontal rule in the document. The horizontal rule is created on a new line. It can be used to show the end of a particular section in an article.
2-The Break <br> tag: It sends contents to the next line. It can be used as an alternative to the <p> tag for this function only.
NOTE: The <hr> and <br> tags don't require a closing tag.

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 3:50pm On Aug 09, 2013
Example of the <hr> tag in code and browser view.

3 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 4:25pm On Aug 09, 2013
Text Formatting Tags:
There will come a time when you'll need to format some of your text for emphasis, highlighting, e.t.c. You might have come across most of them when using MS Word and even here on Nairaland. The predominant text formatting tags.
The Bold <b> tag: This tag makes the selected text bold.
<b>Text</b>
The Italics tag: This tag makes the selected text italicized
<i>Text</i>
The Subscript <sub> tag: This tag makes shrinks the selected text in relation to other text around it.
<sub>Text<sub>
The Superscript <sup> tag: This tag raises the selected text in relation to other text. This is similar to the way we write indices in Maths.
<sup>Text</sup>
The Computer Code <code> tag: This tag presents the selected text as if it were written by a typewriter. This tag is useful if you want to illustrate a code, when teaching online.
<code>Text</code>

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 4:27pm On Aug 09, 2013
Example of some Text Formatting tags in code and browser view.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by brownlord: 8:09pm On Aug 09, 2013
Gud evening to all the lecturers and my fellow class mate, I just want to inform all the students that late comin wld no longer be tolorated, class start by 8. @op the lecturer the HOD of this dept., I greet u plenty

10 Likes

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by cannonnier(m): 11:13am On Aug 10, 2013
brownlord: Gud evening to all the lecturers and my fellow class mate, I just want to inform all the students that late comin wld no longer be tolorated, class start by 8. @op the lecturer the HOD of this dept., I greet u plenty

But sir u r 9m late too. Lo
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by subby4u: 4:19pm On Aug 10, 2013
Pls guys,hw can i download free video tutorials on how to do anything online?

1 Like

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by brownlord: 6:10pm On Aug 10, 2013
subby4u: Pls guys,hw can i download free video tutorials on how to do anything online?
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Btodonald(m): 6:11pm On Aug 10, 2013
a welcome development
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by brownlord: 6:12pm On Aug 10, 2013
cannonnier:
But sir u r 9m late too. Lo

Haba, am the class captain now

1 Like

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by yat11: 11:01pm On Aug 10, 2013
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by tainot2002(m): 6:24pm On Aug 11, 2013
subby4u: Pls guys,hw can i download free video tutorials on how to do anything online?

To download videos on youtube just go youtube dot com,look for the search bar and type whatever tutorial you want to download.

It brings all tutorials related to your search.Click on the tutorial you intend to download,it will start to stream as if you are watching the youtube video.

This is where you need to focus attention,look at the address bar of the youtube video it will be something like http://www dot youtube dot com/watch?v=jexUS43sdeQ&guid=&client=mv-google&gl=NG&hl=en-GB

Clear the 'www dot'and add 'ss' to the youtube address.i.e

ssyoutube dot com/watch?v=jexUS43sdeQ&guid=&client=mv-google&gl=NG&hl=en-GB

Now it will take you to where you can use your browser to download.Choose any format.

For PC,choose MP4 format for clearity.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by tesorunke(m): 7:53pm On Aug 11, 2013
A pdf or ms word format wil b more elaborate,wen all info re compiled 2geda.cos of confusion...
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 10:36am On Aug 12, 2013
tesorunke: A pdf or ms word format wil b more elaborate,wen all info re compiled 2geda.cos of confusion...
No worries, there is something greater than that after we're through with HTML.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 12:50pm On Aug 12, 2013
So far this is what we have covered in Topic 1- HTML:
PART 1
Session 1- Introduction to HTML
Session 2- Brief History of HTML
PART 2
Session 1- Writing HTML
Session 2- Summary of HTML Syntax
PART 3
Session 1- Basic HTML Page Structure
Session 2- DOCTYPE
Basic HTML Elements
Session 3- <html> tag
Session 4- <head> tag which contains <title>, <base>, <link>, <meta>, <script> and <style> tags.
Session 5- <body> tag which contain the <h1> to <h6> tags, <p>, <hr>, <br> and Text formatting tags.
For futher info, consult the session that needs rectification in previous posts. (OR POST THE QUESTION)

12 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 1:02pm On Aug 12, 2013
Next we move to
PART 4
Hyperlinks and Images.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by brownlord: 3:41pm On Aug 12, 2013
iyenimofe: Next we move to
PART 4
Hyperlinks and Images.

Hands fold, listening attentively sir

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (121) (Reply)

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture / How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.