Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! - Webmasters (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! (523034 Views)

Learn Bulk SMS Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! Www.buymoresms.com / Web Design Live On Nairaland, Professional / Forum Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (121) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 11:03am On Aug 16, 2013
Next, we move to PART 5- Lists and Tables

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 5:24pm On Aug 16, 2013
omoelu1:
you are supposed to save it with a “.html“ extension now.
Simply type the file name and add .htm or .html at the end.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Olarewajub: 5:27pm On Aug 16, 2013
Ride on Sir... Who are those making a noise in the class?
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 5:37pm On Aug 16, 2013
Omerian Consult: However, your entire lecture here can be read up in < an hour so try to speed up a little, or can you help we intermediate learners with good self-study materials?

Omerian Consult, we have to remember that there are people that are just learning HTML for the first time. However, we'll be through with HTML soon (4 more parts). After this, links to a book (by me) that treats HTML exclusively (which is definitely more advanced but explicit), will be posted on this thread. This will be the process for CSS, JavaScript, PHP, SQL, e.t.c.
So just hang around till we get there. Gracia!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by emorse(m): 6:02pm On Aug 16, 2013
iyenimofe:
Will definitely reply, please hold on...
its been three days now and I'm still waiting. Or should I just go ahead and ask my question here? Please respond. Thanks
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 8:40pm On Aug 16, 2013
emorse:
its been three days now and I'm still waiting. Or should I just go ahead and ask my question here? Please respond. Thanks
I think I have but you can post it here, however.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by emorse(m): 9:07pm On Aug 16, 2013
iyenimofe:
I think I have but you can post it here, however.

Ok. Its about google business site builder. I came across it recently and thought it was a good idea to get a cheap, fully functional website(through GNBO). But experience has taught me that nothing good comes easy. I'd like to have your professional opinion on it. Can it truly create "professional" looking websites? If yes, what are its limitations?
NB: I am very new in the website field.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 9:14am On Aug 17, 2013
emorse:

Ok. Its about google business site builder. I came across it recently and thought it was a good idea to get a cheap, fully functional website(through GNBO). But experience has taught me that nothing good comes easy. I'd like to have your professional opinion on it. Can it truly create "professional" looking websites? If yes, what are its limitations?
NB: I am very new in the website field.
You see Emorse, when some just join this "our" profession, they are tempted to jump unto anything tagged free. There is nothing like "Nothing for Something", even the GNBO charges for some of their services after some time. The GNBO is meant for business owners that want to cut the cost of hiring a webmaster. So the website produced by the site builder, cannot have that professional feel. (Though, I wonder why you'll want to use a site builder, as it'll not build your coding abilities).
However, Google Site builder can be used to create intranets, which are to be used within an organization and not by the public. It is useful in this regard because of Google's other tools. If you use it to create a business website (which'll be publicly accessable), don't put in your name as the webmaster, as the resulting site (with its poorly designed "free" themes) is nothing a true webmaster should be proud about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 10:39am On Aug 17, 2013
PART 5
Session 1
HTML Lists
In our daily life, we make use of lists largely. Likewise, in HTML lists are used to display sentences, links, images and even other lists. Three types of lists can be created in HTML.
1)Unordered Lists: Unordered here does'nt mean random(scattered) items on your page. Unordered list items are alligned vertically with each list item begining on the next line. Each item has a bullet(bold circle) before it.
Unordered lists are defined with the <ul> tag. Each list item is definfed with the <li> tag.
Syntax
<ul>
<li>List Item</li>
<li>List Item</li>
</ul>

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by emorse(m): 10:42am On Aug 17, 2013
iyenimofe:
You see Emorse, when some just join this "our" profession, they are tempted to jump unto anything tagged free. There is nothing like "Nothing for Something", even the GNBO charges for some of their services after some time. The GNBO is meant for business owners that want to cut the cost of hiring a webmaster. So the website produced by the site builder, cannot have that professional feel. (Though, I wonder why you'll want to use a site builder, as it'll not build your coding abilities).
However, Google Site builder can be used to create intranets, which are to be used within an organization and not by the public. It is useful in this regard because of Google's other tools. If you use it to create a business website (which'll be publicly accessable), don't put in your name as the webmaster, as the resulting site (with its poorly designed "free" themes) is nothing a true webmaster should be proud about.
thanks for confirming my thoughts bro. But how much will it cost me to set up a "professional" website myself? I know it costs 1.5k - 2.5k to register a domain name. What other costs will I incure?
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 10:44am On Aug 17, 2013
Code View and Browser View of An Example of Unordered Lists.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 11:03am On Aug 17, 2013
emorse:
thanks for confirming my thoughts bro. But how much will it cost me to set up a "professional" website myself? I know it costs 1.5k - 2.5k to register a domain name. What other costs will I incure?

1: Web Hosting (The price varies with services offered and the host company)
2:CMS (Optional and could be free or not)
3:FTP (Optional and could be free or not)
4:Image Editor (If you collaborate with a Graphic s Artist-which will reduce your workload-it won't be necessary)
5:Advertising

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 11:22am On Aug 17, 2013
2)Ordered Lists: The differences between ordered and unorderd lists are:
i) Instead of bullets, ordered lists have numbers before them. These numbers are affixed to each list item serially.
ii) The <ul> tag is replaced with the <ol> tag. List items are still defined with the <li> tag.
Syntax
<ol>
<li>List Item</li>
<li>List Item</li>
</ol>

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 11:26am On Aug 17, 2013
Code view and Browser view of an example of Ordered lists.

2 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 12:38pm On Aug 17, 2013
3)Description Lists:
This type of list differs a little from the previous two.
The list itself is defined with the <dl> tag. What was called list item in the previous ones, is now called description terms and is defined with the <dt> tag. Each <dt> element can be described further with the <dd> tag.
Syntax
<dl>
<dt>Item</dt>
<dd>Item Description</dd>
<dt>Item</dt>
<dd>Item Description</dd>
</dl>

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by slimzz: 12:59pm On Aug 17, 2013
please i am new and will like to know more. actually a mechanical engineer by profession but i want to divert to information technology. where should i start?

1 Like

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by brownlord: 4:05pm On Aug 17, 2013
Oga iyenimofe, am having a problem with my pc, is it true that before i can build a website i need to remove all other browser on my system living only internet explorer? because right now, when am trying to work on html, if i save and want to come later to continue my work, am not able to even thou i go to page source to enable me continue, instead of it to show on a note pad, it will open another tab on which ever browser i use in opening it, abeg sir what can i do
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 7:11pm On Aug 17, 2013
brownlord: Oga iyenimofe, am having a problem with my pc, is it true that before i can build a website i need to remove all other browser on my system living only internet explorer
? No, you can have as many browsers as you want on your. P.C while coding
brownlord: when am trying to work on html, if i save and want to come later to continue my work, am not able to even thou i go to page source to enable me continue, instead of it to show on a note pad, it will open another tab on which ever browser i use in opening it, abeg sir what can i do
Right click on the HTML file and select “Open with Notepad” and let me know if that works.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by iyenimofe(m): 7:41pm On Aug 17, 2013
Example of description list in code and browser views.

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by brownlord: 8:01pm On Aug 17, 2013
iyenimofe: ? No, you can have as many browsers as you want on your. P.C while coding

Right click on the HTML file and select “Open with Notepad” and let me know if that works.

Thanks boss, it worked after you na you again.

As for that stewpid computer lecturer man, na me and am for this town, when e be don make me go delete all the browser when dey my laptop.

6 Likes

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by emorse(m): 10:27pm On Aug 17, 2013
iyenimofe:
1: Web Hosting (The price varies with services offered and the host company)
2:CMS (Optional and could be free or not)
3:FTP (Optional and could be free or not)
4:Image Editor (If you collaborate with a Graphic s Artist-which will reduce your workload-it won't be necessary)
5:Advertising
Thanks bro, you're the man!
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by cannonnier(m): 12:22am On Aug 18, 2013
i made a mistake. i switching on my laptop and left the dvd rom open. i did not realise when my little sister drag and remove the dvd rom from the pc which made the sytem hanged and the monitor blinking. i quickly remove the power outlet and the battery.. and on it some minute later, the monitor will not display but the power indicator is there on(meaning the laptop is on), and cant be switched off unless the battery is being removed.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by cannonnier(m): 12:23am On Aug 18, 2013
i made a mistake. i switching on my laptop and left the dvd rom open. i did not realise when my little sister drag and remove the dvd rom from the pc which made the sytem hanged and the monitor blinking. i quickly remove the power outlet and the battery.. and on it some minute later, the monitor will not display but the power indicator is there on(meaning the laptop is on), and cant be switched off unless the battery is being removed.
WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by brownlord: 7:55am On Aug 18, 2013
cannonnier: i made a mistake. i switching on my laptop and left the dvd rom open. i did not realise when my little sister drag and remove the dvd rom from the pc which made the sytem hanged and the monitor blinking. i quickly remove the power outlet and the battery.. and on it some minute later, the monitor will not display but the power indicator is there on(meaning the laptop is on), and cant be switched off unless the battery is being removed.
WHAT SHOULD I DO?

sorry about that bro, but dont think you in the right place, this class is only for web design, student and lecturers, may be you try faculty of engineering, anyway, may be any of our web design lecturer can be of help...abeg no mind me na joke i dey.

Happy Sunday Yall
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by cannonnier(m): 8:51am On Aug 18, 2013
brownlord:

sorry about that bro, but dont think you in the right place, this class is only for web design, student and lecturers, may be you try faculty of engineering, anyway, may be any of our web design lecturer can be of help...abeg no mind me na joke i dey.

Happy Sunday Yall

How would i be able able to continue my lecture without my pc.
Abi u think say na only you they for this class.

Class captain my head.

Happy Sday.
are you nairalanding from church no let make dem catsh you oo.

1 Like

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by brownlord: 8:57am On Aug 18, 2013
cannonnier:

How would i be able able to continue my lecture without my pc.
Abi u think say na only you they for this class.

Class captain my head.

Happy Sday.
are you nairalanding from church no let make dem catsh you oo.

LOL, for this your rude comment, i go see who go help you sort lecturer after exam, u sabi say u still get HTML 101 as carry over

4 Likes

Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by cannonnier(m): 10:50am On Aug 18, 2013
brownlord:

LOL, for this your rude comment, i go see who go help you sort lecturer after exam, u sabi say u still get HTML 101 as carry over

Sorting lecturers lipsrsealed :-/
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by puscifer: 1:19pm On Aug 18, 2013
@op nice thread
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by puscifer: 1:21pm On Aug 18, 2013
pls how do i bold a text
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 18, 2013
That one easy jor, you be olodo.
<bold>I want to write a bold text</bold>
But let us wait for teacher to do correction first before you crash you browser o!
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by cannonnier(m): 2:09pm On Aug 18, 2013
puscifer: pls how do i bold a text
sad*b)text(*/b). remove the stars.
Re: Learn Web Design LIVE On Nairaland!!! by cannonnier(m): 2:10pm On Aug 18, 2013
puscifer: pls how do i bold a text
: (*b)text(*/b). remove the stars.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (121) (Reply)

Domain Name Business; The Easiest & The Most Profitable Online Venture / How To Download Youtube Videos Using The ‘ss’ Trick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.