Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,529 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

What Do We Gain By Supporting ASUU Strike? - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Do We Gain By Supporting ASUU Strike? (24212 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do We Gain By Supporting ASUU Strike? by kel4soft: 4:27pm On Aug 04, 2013
touch4mony: in 2008 when i finished skul,my last skul fee i paid was 22,750 but now no university collects less than 75,000 as skul fee and they are been paid by govt,run by govt pls if i may ask u where are all this money going to,d banks in side the skul pays the uni including every other none skul activities going on inside the skul.this ppl are using the students to fight for their pocket d faster u get dat into ur head the better for u
I left UNIPORT last year december and i paid #28,900 as school fees. My best friend still in school in UNIPORT says, they still pay the same fee. So what's your point?

1 Like

Re: What Do We Gain By Supporting ASUU Strike? by Mustay(m): 5:04pm On Aug 04, 2013
sarutobie:
Yea right! When a 70year old man whose voice can't go pass the first row of students in his classroom should be tending his gardens and playing with his grandkids,they insists he should still be in the classroom teaching from brown and dusty notebooks filled with outdated materials from 3 decades ago...in this computerised era of constant exchange of new infomation and ideas?

His grand kids are probably your mates, they're also aspiring and don't have time for him. The old man too has a passion for his job and he's restless at home due ti redundancy. In foreign schools, you have lecturers with half-a-century experience on the job. You don't just throw away experience like. It's this research funding ASUU mentioned too cos if this was invested in, your lecturers would be making new discoveries and will be updated just as contemporaries are. Again, funding. If these schools are probably funded, technological aids can help. With an over-populated class, surely there will be a lot of noise. This is another issue the union had been fighting for. You're already used to so many students in a classroom which isn't supposed to be so. The teacher to student ratio is alarming.

sarutobie:
The change ASUU seeks must start from within them.A school like FUTO for example,departments habour a silent animosity among themselves and at the end,their respective students bear the brunt whenever they take up a course from the 'opposing' department.what about the fraud that is Post Ume? What do they do with the yearly millions they get from conducting the test? ASUU should put their house in order first!
These are administrative issues. They're not exclusively ASUU issues. Another reason they seek autonomy of universities but it seems who pays the piper. . .

On the ASUU strike, Nigerians have suffered so much from misgovernance, they no longer know their rights or government's responsibilities. ITBomb has mentioned valid points here but it beats me that we don't query those we elected, "why can't government honour agreements entered into?". The ASUU strike remains a recurring index of government's insensitivity to education.

We can choose to be myopic and make ASUU the enemy for our selfish desires but in the long run, the effects of these issues will haunt us. No serious nation neglects education of its citizens if it wants a better tomorrow. The government has a duty educate her citzens. I guess with the way Nigerians are accepting the failure of their leaders, "the mob does not deserve to be enlightened."
Re: What Do We Gain By Supporting ASUU Strike? by CAPTAIN44: 5:44pm On Aug 04, 2013
Greatest Naija student! GREAT! even if we start 2 protest 4rm 2da til eternity d so called ASUU is nofin bt political party that is full of corupt, merciles & selfish pple, dey er jst using studnt beta lyf to achieve thr aim afta dat we student wil go 2 sq one bt i blv one day we wil stand 2 fight 4 our right 2 last end.
Re: What Do We Gain By Supporting ASUU Strike? by nwoko12: 5:45pm On Aug 04, 2013
Nans are all fools do nigerian students know that NANS can make this long awaiting strike short NANS are not representing the students neither do the ASUU in my school lectures are proud to fail students and still we surpot those who hate us NANS is such a BAD ASS
Re: What Do We Gain By Supporting ASUU Strike? by yoged(m): 8:00pm On Aug 04, 2013
kel4soft:
I left UNIPORT last year december and i paid #28,900 as school fees. My best friend still in school in UNIPORT says, they still pay the same fee. So what's your point?
during my finaly year in Unilorin, i paid #16,900 as at 2010. Though, it depend on dept. #Chemistry dpt#
Re: What Do We Gain By Supporting ASUU Strike? by Hausa(m): 8:03pm On Aug 04, 2013
sunny63: ASUU is fighting 4 student intrest like rebuilding of dilapidated building,equiping d laboratory n making Nigeria universities 2 d world standard
story
Re: What Do We Gain By Supporting ASUU Strike? by jdilight(m): 8:06pm On Aug 04, 2013
ASUU go strike when they want to go and teach private university. Once the private university finish their exam. ASUU go call of strike once the private universities are through with their exams.
Re: What Do We Gain By Supporting ASUU Strike? by dnawah(m): 8:52pm On Aug 04, 2013
ASUU?is it a village b4 ALUU?
Re: What Do We Gain By Supporting ASUU Strike? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Aug 04, 2013
lymelyte: [ASUU,should know that FG cannot meet thier need 100%. They better know that.Are the lecturer giving thier all(100%)? Even in science,there are some quantities that are neglible which definately means 100% cannot be acheived in any situation in life.ASUU should accept whatever improved offer the govt has given to them
really? but govt can allow our lawmakers be the highest paid in the world for doing the least legislative duties........ I support ASUU very well, the situation on most campuses is appalling
a govt of a developing country that spends less than 10% on educating its citizens can never be among the 20 most developed countries by 30th century
Re: What Do We Gain By Supporting ASUU Strike? by Stlatyv(m): 10:38pm On Aug 04, 2013
sunny63: ASUU is fighting 4 student intrest like rebuilding of dilapidated building,equiping d laboratory n making Nigeria universities 2 d world standard
by goin on strike every yr nd turnin 4yrs prog 2 6yrs or wat? Nw al student schln wit fed asup automaticaly av caried ova dis yr nysc prog. Is dat d way to make us 2 standard? Wake up bro
Re: What Do We Gain By Supporting ASUU Strike? by ITbomb(m): 1:51am On Aug 05, 2013
St.latyv:
by goin on strike every yr nd turnin 4yrs prog 2 6yrs or wat? Nw al student schln wit fed asup automaticaly av caried ova dis yr nysc prog. Is dat d way to make us 2 standard? Wake up bro
One of the things ASUU is going on strike for is to make an undergraduate not to type like the quoted
Re: What Do We Gain By Supporting ASUU Strike? by EdosaGreat(m): 4:58am On Aug 05, 2013
FILEBE:

okay. We will tell them.
guy them go give u extension for OAU o. No let okumagba for delsu see dis ur post else all d sociologist students wi combac for extension. Did i say dr. Okumagba? No i didnt say so.
Re: What Do We Gain By Supporting ASUU Strike? by joshyjags: 8:22am On Aug 05, 2013
sunny abi wetn b ur name no come hia dey yarn rubbish,na today dem dey repair lab n buildings, guy use ur head oohhhhh...
Re: What Do We Gain By Supporting ASUU Strike? by Mikebis(m): 8:29am On Aug 05, 2013
Dis stike of a tin is pissn me off.2 d xtent dat i cnt br it no more,honesty spkn ASUU strike cannot do us good at all,everythn they are doin is jst 4 d sake of their pocket,kmon guz we are nigerian,dnt let dem dcive us
Re: What Do We Gain By Supporting ASUU Strike? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Aug 05, 2013
Re: What Do We Gain By Supporting ASUU Strike? by baib(m): 3:20pm On Aug 05, 2013
ASUU should try and consider us, we are affected in the other way round, wen d So called president can't jst settle d strike within Two days, and he can call 4 fuel subsidy within sum hour, only God can help us guide them to right path.
Re: What Do We Gain By Supporting ASUU Strike? by hummerwise(m): 7:00pm On Aug 05, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]ASUU should jus fight this once and 4 all......jus SMH 4 sum persons here writting out the pain in their ass 4 the whole world too see. You can neva blame ASUU 4 waheva they claim as theirs....cos if those jobless senators can earn 30m as basic salary annually I wonder y lecturers can't ask 4 more.... We kip fightin 4 dsame cos evrytym,
Re: What Do We Gain By Supporting ASUU Strike? by manjiggy(m): 7:52am On Aug 06, 2013
Jakeattah: Na wa o, please you should know that ASUU is a large body not just restricted to a school or geo-political zone so please dont judge the whole national ASUU based on the crime of few of its members. Secondly, they dont go on strikes to diss students, they go to fight for their rights as that is the only way they can get the attention of the government. I know its hard being delayed at home as a sudent but you should try and get more facts to what ASUU are striking for
God bless you for this statement my brother grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oshun Ceramics Threatens Adeleke University With Destruction Of All Structures / African Charity Scholarship / Ikpeazu Gifts Cars To Abia Teachers, Applauds Commitment, Dedication (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.