Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Should We Have God-motherism In Nigerian Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should We Have God-motherism In Nigerian Politics (473 Views)

Politics And Religion-my Experience At Eid Praying Ground Ilorin With Photos / is Southwest really Irrelevant In Nigerian Politics? / Ideological Divisions In Nigerian Politics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should We Have God-motherism In Nigerian Politics by MCDumexx: 10:45pm On Aug 03, 2013
I don't need to conduct a Census to figure out that Women outnumber Men in the world today but the part I don't get is Why are women not ruling the world? Yes, I know its a man's world, although a friend of mine has identified that Men are just figure-heads while the women(their wives) make the decisions: sighting "akpojiomi" GEJ's wife and the late Yaradua's. Again, how do you explain the majority(Women) being the minority and vise versa?.

Every single past Nigerian President or Head of State as it were have somehow manage to be God-Fathers in the Nigerian Politics. Don't let me bore you with names as we all have some of their names as house hold pet names and some times draw funny analogies from their looks and what have you.

To the matter proper, Nigerians have had (and still has) vibrant women in the cause of running this nation and some of them are still virtually in the politics of their State and even the country as a whole. We've had Obi Ezenkwesili, Dora Akwuyili, Turaki Yarudua, Okonjo Iweala and many more too few to mention.

Imagine if these women eventually leave their current dispositions and decide to run the under-play or what I can call "The Invisible-Hand of Politics" of determining who does what and what with the resources eminent in their different States of Origin/Nigeria at large, would any man (as egocentric, greedy, self-sufficient kunt, gullible, goofy, confused and unwilling to learn Men we have around. Sorry, scratch that. Na so I dey do once I eat eba grin ) be willing to subject himself to the dictates or rulings of a God-Mother in naija (I know Evans Bipi would. After all, lolo Dame is his Jesus on earth. Jusy kidding. Eba instinct again grin).

So Nairalanders, is it time we have God-Motherism in Nigerian Politics?

(1) (Reply)

Is Anambra Cursed Or Are We The Cause? PDP Guber Aspirant / MASSOB Leader, Three Others Arrested In Delta For Chanting War Song / Survival Tips For Deportation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.