Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,921 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:13 AM

Pls I Need A Lawyer Or Organisations That Look Into Women Abuse In Relatioship - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Pls I Need A Lawyer Or Organisations That Look Into Women Abuse In Relatioship (1638 Views)

Twin Brothers Marry Twin Sisters, Gives Birth To Sons That Look Alike (photo). / 21 Tell Tale Signs Of Emotional Abuse in marriage / So, What About When Women Abuse Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls I Need A Lawyer Or Organisations That Look Into Women Abuse In Relatioship by bizgirl(f): 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2013
Hello all, i have been through this abuse fro some years nd just decided to keep going just to bag the title MRS.But after this four years of endurance ãn̶̲̥̅̊đ several abortion i decided to keep ♍Ɣ baby not minding the consequencies. But now i can see clearly that i have been deceived ãn̶̲̥̅̊đ cheated over a period of 4 yrs. I am currently feeling sucidal if not for the grace of God nd ppl arnd me. Pls i dont want him to go scot free as i am not fettish. Pls i am passing tru a bad time in ♍Ɣ family as they took to believe him over me. He has actually assasinate ♍Ɣ character just for him to excuse himself. Pls help me.
Re: Pls I Need A Lawyer Or Organisations That Look Into Women Abuse In Relatioship by bellong: 3:07pm On Aug 04, 2013
What are the charges you want to sue him for? You will need to give a proper explanation of what you need so the lawyers here can give you proper counsel that you seek.

However, since you have made up your mind to move on with your life, I think it will be good that you concentrate your energy and efforts towards a successful birth and brighter future. The guy abused you for those years because you gave him permission to do it. You could have opted out long ago before it got to this stage.

Now that you have realized your mistakes, apply your energy to a better tomorrow and future than thinking of revenge. An eye for an eye makes the community go blind. I am not discouraging you from lawsuit if you have anything to charge him with in the face of the law but while at that, think of the future and how to go from here. It is better than thinking of how to take your pound of flesh. After revenge, what next will you do? Please focus on the future and plan for it.

Meanwhile, you can go to social welfare office around you for a better suggestion and counsel. You can also visit legal aid office close to you.

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need A Lawyer Or Organisations That Look Into Women Abuse In Relatioship by Nobody: 3:16pm On Aug 04, 2013
I don't knw any though, but let me call Debrief08, GG2012 and Chaircover. They know those organisation that deals with abuses
Re: Pls I Need A Lawyer Or Organisations That Look Into Women Abuse In Relatioship by psucc(m): 4:19pm On Aug 04, 2013
Rather than explore other ways of making a happy home, u ar busy searching 4 agencies to 'deal' with him. At the end u still got hooked to another man and if he 'misbehaves' u deal with him and move on. Imagine d number of men u must have 'dealt with' in the course of time. Relationship is NEVER bed of roses. It has its own ups and downs. U only try to adjust to suit you. After all even the agencies have their own family palaver to contend with but will only cover up the misgivings of their spouse to be activist in other's home fronts.
Re: Pls I Need A Lawyer Or Organisations That Look Into Women Abuse In Relatioship by bookface: 5:21pm On Aug 04, 2013
Sorry love, but the fact that a bloke promises to marry you and did not keep up with his promises does not make for an abuse. Perhaps cheating is a form of emotional abuse, but then again, that is open to moral interpretation of what is right versus what is wrong. Many will agree that someone who is yet to make legally binding marital vows to you does not owe you an obligation to be faithful - You were a consenting adult and you had the option of leaving, but you stayed because in your own words "You wanted to earn the title MRS"! - some may think this is why you choose to keep your current baby regardless.

I understand being let down, and being let down badly, but what i don't understand is the moral justification to punish someone because he cheated on you and you didn't earn the MRS title. It appears to me that you are only seeking to play the weaker gender card, only because you got the short end of the stick.

On your suicidal feelings, you really need to ask yourself if this dude that has allegedly treated you this badly is worth killing yourself for?...Or better put, if there's just one reason to kill yourself, just one reason, should it be because of this bloke that left you out to dry?

My advise here for you is to pick up the pieces of your life and move on! What does it matter who your family or friends believe? There is only one person that matters to you - and that person is YOU! You have got to realize that YOU come first, before any man, your family or your friends. Forgive yourself for being too trusting, plan for your baby and simply move on.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need A Lawyer Or Organisations That Look Into Women Abuse In Relatioship by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 04, 2013
I'm sorry but there is no law against someone not marrying you after 4 yrs of dating even if he tormented you the entire time and you had multiple abortions for the person. You didn't report the assaults when dating because you wanted to be married by all means, now just because you didn't end up married, you suddenly want the law to intervene? You have no legal recourse whatsoever in this case unless there's more to the story than the above.

You're depressed that you didn't end up bagging the title of Mrs even after chopping shyte for 4 yrs instead of you to be rejoicing and jubilating that you finally decided to lay hold of common sense and move on from this toxic relationship. No matter how old you are, please wipe off those depressive tears, pick yourself up and begin to enjoy your life as you patiently wait for the right person. Being unmarried at a certain age is not the end of the world. Do you understand you have just saved yourself decades of marital misery and possibly early death leaving your kids motherless? You gotta start looking at this from the positive angles and liven up! If you're unable to do it on your own, please get professional help for your depression immediately. You need to be strong for the child you are about bringing into the world. Shut out all the negative crap you're getting from your family too. It's sad they are not helping matters.

I wish you all the best.

2 Likes

Re: Pls I Need A Lawyer Or Organisations That Look Into Women Abuse In Relatioship by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 04, 2013
I am sorry for what you went through but it is not against the Law.
Never be desperate for anything, sorry for what you went through but relationships are not do or die.

You should learn from your mistakes and learn to make right decisions, like protected s3x.
You can't force anyone to love you, stay with you or marry you.

Let your heart heal, forgive and grow. Bitterness will stagnate you.

Again sorry for your experience but you also had played a role.
You should have had more esteem, not have been so desperate and known when to move on instead of bringing a child into this unfortunate situation.

Marriages have broken and people have moved on respecting each other, yours was a relationship.

1 Like

Re: Pls I Need A Lawyer Or Organisations That Look Into Women Abuse In Relatioship by Nobody: 6:54pm On Aug 04, 2013
I read through your posts, You don't need a relationship for now, you need sober reflection and to work on your self esteem.
Re: Pls I Need A Lawyer Or Organisations That Look Into Women Abuse In Relatioship by bellong: 8:04pm On Aug 04, 2013
@OP,

I had to go through your previous thread to have an idea of the root of your problem. You probably started dating him out of desperation thinking you had no time on your side. He had shown you his nonchalant and uncaring attitude towards you during the years of the relationship but you refused to leave him maybe because you were thinking where to start from. There was a thread you complained of his insensitive nature to your needs and how stingy he is.

I know you are in your mid-late thirties going by your previous post, no matter the darkness in the tunnel, there is always light at the end of it. There is nothing you can achieve from the legal suit you are planning, you will only waste resources and precious time.

Start your life anew, focus on becoming a happy and better person. Forgive yourself for the errors of the past as well as bad choices you made. Think of the unborn child in your womb and chart a better course for yourself. Forget about a relationship for now, take time to heal from the hurt of this ugly relationship and never put yourself in a position whereby you will be on the receiving end of an ugly situation like you aborted for the other guy.

It is well with you
Re: Pls I Need A Lawyer Or Organisations That Look Into Women Abuse In Relatioship by greatgod2012(f): 5:01am On Aug 05, 2013
bizgirl: Hello all, i have been through this abuse fro some years nd just decided to keep going just to bag the title MRS.But after this four years of endurance ãn̶̲̥̅̊đ several abortion i decided to keep ♍Ɣ baby not minding the consequencies. But now i can see clearly that i have been deceived ãn̶̲̥̅̊đ cheated over a period of 4 yrs. I am currently feeling sucidal if not for the grace of God nd ppl arnd me. Pls i dont want him to go scot free as i am not fettish. Pls i am passing tru a bad time in ♍Ɣ family as they took to believe him over me. He has actually assasinate ♍Ɣ character just for him to excuse himself. Pls help me.

My dear, I don't want to judge you o, but I'm not happy with you for what you have made up of your life because you want to bag a MRS title. Tell me some of the things you are going to lose if you are not a Mrs.
You should know that you can't force anyone to love you, or marry you. You have just played with your self esteem and that man have seen your desperation towards him marrying you, hence, treating you like a rag. He had wanted you to leave and you didn't, that's why he's maltreating you, thank God you didn't die in that situation before your eyes were opened.
Now that your eyes are opened and you've decided to move on, learn from your mistake, concentrate more on how you're going to have a successful childbirth, make yourself happy, move with positive oriented people, people that will believe and accept you the way you are, have positive approach to life, believe in your God and believe in yourself. You are the only one responsible for your happiness, don't deny yourself of your happiness. For now, refrain from having amorous relationship with anyone, build up yourself up again. Always get engaged in fruitful activities like reading, surfing the net for what can be productive in and for your life.

And as for what you can do to take revenge on that guy ,unfortunately, there is nothing you can do, I will advise that you forgive him and hand him over to God, He will deal with him, remember God says, vegeance is mine, I will take it, so, let God take the vegeance on your behalf and you shall be better for that.

And as for being suicidal, for what? I say, for what exactly? If you have opportunity to hear or see what others are passing through, you will thank God for your own life, I can't die for good people, se na bad person I go come die for? God forbid!

I want you to see positives in everything that happens to you, admit that you have learnt the lessons meant for you to learn and move on with your life.
It is well with you and happy delivery in Jesus name.
Re: Pls I Need A Lawyer Or Organisations That Look Into Women Abuse In Relatioship by Nobody: 1:42pm On Aug 05, 2013
ileobatojo: I'm sorry but there is no law against someone not marrying you after 4 yrs of dating even if he tormented you the entire time and you had multiple abortions for the person. You didn't report the assaults when dating because you wanted to be married by all means, now just because you didn't end up married, you suddenly want the law to intervene? You have no legal recourse whatsoever in this case unless there's more to the story than the above.

You're depressed that you didn't end up bagging the title of Mrs even after chopping shyte for 4 yrs instead of you to be rejoicing and jubilating that you finally decided to lay hold of common sense and move on from this toxic relationship. No matter how old you are, please wipe off those depressive tears, pick yourself up and begin to enjoy your life as you patiently wait for the right person. Being unmarried at a certain age is not the end of the world. Do you understand you have just saved yourself decades of marital misery and possibly early death leaving your kids motherless? You gotta start looking at this from the positive angles and liven up! If you're unable to do it on your own, please get professional help for your depression immediately. You need to be strong for the child you are about bringing into the world. Shut out all the negative crap you're getting from your family too. It's sad they are not helping matters.

I wish you all the best.
you have said it all
Re: Pls I Need A Lawyer Or Organisations That Look Into Women Abuse In Relatioship by LondyC(f): 2:31pm On Aug 05, 2013
Projectalertnig.org
Re: Pls I Need A Lawyer Or Organisations That Look Into Women Abuse In Relatioship by Nobody: 3:24pm On Aug 05, 2013
Whom do I also report to when a girl dumps me for a rich dude, or when she gets pregnant for another man even when engaged to me.
Who will take legal action on my behalf when a girl I spent my mny sending to school graduates and tells me my standard isn't up to her's anymore.
Re: Pls I Need A Lawyer Or Organisations That Look Into Women Abuse In Relatioship by Princesszoe: 3:28pm On Aug 05, 2013
greatgod2012:

My dear, I don't want to judge you o, but I'm not happy with you for what you have made up of your life because you want to bag a MRS title. Tell me some of the things you are going to lose if you are not a Mrs.
You should know that you can't force anyone to love you, or marry you. You have just played with your self esteem and that man have seen your desperation towards him marrying you, hence, treating you like a rag. He had wanted you to leave and you didn't, that's why he's maltreating you, thank God you didn't die in that situation before your eyes were opened.
Now that your eyes are opened and you've decided to move on, learn from your mistake, concentrate more on how you're going to have a successful childbirth, make yourself happy, move with positive oriented people, people that will believe and accept you the way you are, have positive approach to life, believe in your God and believe in yourself. You are the only one responsible for your happiness, don't deny yourself of your happiness. For now, refrain from having amorous relationship with anyone, build up yourself up again. Always get engaged in fruitful activities like reading, surfing the net for what can be productive in and for your life.

And as for what you can do to take revenge on that guy ,unfortunately, there is nothing you can do, I will advise that you forgive him and hand him over to God, He will deal with him, remember God says, vegeance is mine, I will take it, so, let God take the vegeance on your behalf and you shall be better for that.

And as for being suicidal, for what? I say, for what exactly? If you have opportunity to hear or see what others are passing through, you will thank God for your own life, I can't die for good people, se na bad person I go come die for? God forbid!

I want you to see positives in everything that happens to you, admit that you have learnt the lessons meant for you to learn and move on with your life.
It is well with you and happy delivery in Jesus name.
Wisdom! God bless you over and over again. OP i adopt this advise. Please paddle down and accept this.
Re: Pls I Need A Lawyer Or Organisations That Look Into Women Abuse In Relatioship by Princesszoe: 3:31pm On Aug 05, 2013
LondyC: Projectalertnig.org

Is this the organisation? Do we have an organisation that treats this type of case? I never knew.
Re: Pls I Need A Lawyer Or Organisations That Look Into Women Abuse In Relatioship by LondyC(f): 6:13pm On Aug 05, 2013
Princess zoe: Is this the organisation? Do we have an organisation that treats this type of case? I never knew.

Project Alert: Violence Against women deals with cases of abuse, etc. One could probably get some valuable piece of advice from their consultants. They have an office in Ikeja, Lagos.

(1) (Reply)

What To Do / Newly Married Wife Chops Hubby's Dick / Are You An Abusive Parent?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.