Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,966 members, 7,835,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Youwin Business Competition 2013 - Business (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (390431 Views)

Tips For Youwin Business Competition For 2015 / Apllication For YOUWIN Business Competition Extended To January 21st, 2014 / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by dauaminu: 2:06pm On Aug 09, 2014
When u read d question carefully. Every thing should be summerized wthin 100 wrds including d break even analysis. Advisebly u should try as much to express all ur figures within d stipulated words as any beyond that will not be cosidered for assessment. I wish all d best.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by drogba(m): 9:20pm On Aug 09, 2014
do we fill in the details above the form with universal ID, business name, sector and amount?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by CoolKizzy(m): 5:02pm On Aug 10, 2014
I'm done with my template, but it entered the third page, i am thinking of removing the instruction to make it fit into two pages, anybody with me on this one?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 10, 2014
CoolKizzy: I'm done with my template, but it entered the third page, i am thinking of removing the instruction to make it fit into two pages, anybody with me on this one?
I dont tink its a problem as long as u dont exceed their word limit.
Mine is 3pages too
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by dauaminu: 5:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
drogba: do we fill in the details above the form with universal ID, business name, sector and amount?
why not? Just fill everything u are requested from d template. Cheak and read it, then print and use that very template for ur presentation. Be specific, consistent and coherent throughout ur write-up and get ready to face the panelist to claim ur millions of naira. Remember u have only 10 mns while 15mns are reserved just to intorogate u. Wsh u d bst.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by drogba(m): 5:59pm On Aug 10, 2014
sorry please what is universal ID
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by medoty: 8:31pm On Aug 10, 2014
drogba: sorry please what is universal ID
8 digit number in front of your name. Not very sure tho
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by medoty: 8:59pm On Aug 10, 2014
Please let share ideas as we did during the second stage application so that we will succeed together. The forum is not as interactive as it supposed to be, why?? we are less busy this time around and we leave the house dry.
Let me start. What do you understand by how Will you fund the business?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by dauaminu: 9:20pm On Aug 10, 2014
Bigboyz32:
I dont tink its a problem as long as u dont exceed their word limit.
Mine is 3pages too
mine is four pages and it is within d scope of d prescribed words
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ciscaos(f): 9:32pm On Aug 10, 2014
dauaminu: mine is four pages and it is within d scope of d prescribed words
mine is even 5 pages but i did not exceed their word limit.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by CoolKizzy(m): 9:41pm On Aug 10, 2014
ciscaos: mine is even 5 pages but i did not exceed their word limit.

shocked hope u didn't increase the font?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by CoolKizzy(m): 9:42pm On Aug 10, 2014
if I add a break even summary to the last question, it always exceeds 100 words. what do I do?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by dauaminu: 10:25pm On Aug 10, 2014
CoolKizzy:

shocked hope u didn't increase the font?
i used font size 11, times new roman. I considerably maintained a clear typography with good spaces within d pagelayout.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by dauaminu: 10:35pm On Aug 10, 2014
CoolKizzy: if I add a break even summary to the last question, it always exceeds 100 words. what do I do?
precisesly sumerize ur cost analysis then express ur break even anlysis clearly in such away that u will covince d panelist. I am sure, all can be done within d scope of 100 wrds limit.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by neksummi(m): 12:34am On Aug 11, 2014
medoty: 8 digit number in front of your name. Not very sure tho
That's it.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Opiosko: 1:20am On Aug 11, 2014
dauaminu: i used font size 11, times new roman . I considerably maintained a clear typography with good spaces within d pagelayout.
Sorry to intrude sir, i think the standard font for formal/official stuff is size 12 for times new roman.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by dauaminu: 5:40am On Aug 11, 2014
Opiosko: Sorry to intrude sir, i think the standard font for formal/official stuff is size 12 for times new roman.
yes, u ar right. But cheak the instructions from d youwin template u will understand what i mean (it is uncoventionally applied there). Tnk u.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Opiosko: 5:45am On Aug 11, 2014
dauaminu: yes, u ar right. But cheak the instructions from d youwin template u will understand what i mean (it is uncoventionally applied there). Tnk u.
Ok sir. I'm not an applicant though. Just following to learn the ropes for future purpose. Do you guys think there will be another edition?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by edundayo(m): 10:19am On Aug 11, 2014
CoolKizzy: I'm done with my template, but it entered the third page, i am thinking of removing the instruction to make it fit into two pages, anybody with me on this one?

Instructions have always been part of YouWiN templates, I think it might be better you leave it, 3 pages it still alright I guess.

medoty: What do you understand by how Will you fund the business?

YouWiN Grant and Personal Saving... etc

ciscaos: mine is even 5 pages but i did not exceed their word limit.

Seriouly? 2 pages is great, 3 pages is alright but 4 or more pages is bad idea, a template with such tiny margins is an indication that they want the pages as few as possible....my opinion tho.
You might want to try reducing it by recontructing your sentences or reduncing your line spacing (the default line spacing that came with the template 1.15 should suffice)

CoolKizzy: if I add a break even summary to the last question, it always exceeds 100 words. what do I do?

It say "Summary" which can also mean "Sum" in units and amount, not necessarily the full analysis.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Ibrahym(m): 2:11pm On Aug 11, 2014
I found an arithmetical error in the financial plan I submitted for 2nd stage, which I now intend to correct.
I also need to update the financials to take into account of some new information, etc such as type/cost of processing equipment. The business will still be profitable but less than expected. I'll also have to make some adjustments to ensure reasonable breakeven.

I do know business financial plans may change due to different reasons, such as new information/knowledge of issues, errors, change in technology or business method/model, etc.

But guys, whats your take on this, especially as per YouWin! factor? and is anyone else facing a similar experience?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by edundayo(m): 2:12pm On Aug 11, 2014
Bigboyz32: mine is on 13th, August by 10:30 - 11:10am at Enugu. i am wondering if the result of d interview will take long as usual.

@Bigboyz32 and the rest with much earlier dates, hope you guyz are putting final touches to your presenation, I'd say go with everything you think might add to your chances, even things that were not officially requested "you never know" they could become handy. All the best to you guyz, we are equally bracing up here in the forum for an update from you all.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by edundayo(m): 2:36pm On Aug 11, 2014
Ibrahym: I found an arithmetical error in the financial plan I submitted for 2nd stage, which I now intend to correct.
I also need to update the financials to take into account of some new information, etc such as type/cost of processing equipment. The business will still be profitable but less than expected. I'll also have to make some adjustments to ensure reasonable breakeven.

I do know business financial plans may change due to different reasons, such as new information/knowledge of issues, errors, change in technology or business method/model, etc.

But guys, whats your take on this, especially as per YouWin! factor? and is anyone else facing a similar experience?

Though, I don't have the same experience, I think you might want to be very careful and tread with caution in changing whatever figures that got you through the 2nd stage (because there is the possibility you might not have gotten through if you had submitted with your intended correction). I think YouWiN is primarily expecting you to come and "defend" not "come and correct". You can always make the changes during the execution stage of your business.

For now, my advise is; do your corrections somewhere separate, study, understand and memorise them. You'll not be needing much of the financials in your presentation "looking at the format of the template" and you can always explain if you are asked about it during the questions & answers time with the panel.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by chukwuka12: 2:39pm On Aug 11, 2014
@Medoty, are u taking loans from any where, or expecting funds from any where? Then your answer will be...YouWin grant, loans , personal savings.. . what will d funds be used for.. Is your cost analysis... Those of us defending CoolkizzyCoolkizzy, Biggboys32 and others Gods speed.. Favour is yours already... Its ours, let's go take it..... smiley wink
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by dauaminu: 5:15pm On Aug 11, 2014
Pls where are those interviewed today, should update d forum..!Is it as expected?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Omaobe: 6:09pm On Aug 11, 2014
When will your biz make first profit? What does d question mean and how do we tackle it?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by dauaminu: 6:56pm On Aug 11, 2014
Omaobe: When will your biz make first profit? What does d question mean and how do we tackle it?
this question suppose to have been answered already in the 1st and 2nd stages under profitabity. I suggest u go back and carefully study ur break even analysis, difinitely u will coincide at answer. Wsh d best!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Omaobe: 7:33pm On Aug 11, 2014
dauaminu: this question suppose to have been answered already in the 1st and 2nd stages under profitabity. I suggest u go back and carefully study ur break even analysis, difinitely u will coincide at answer. Wsh d best!

Thank u. But dat's not d answer I want.

Can some1 explain to me what d question actually implies? I mean d questn 'when will your business make first profit?'.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by edundayo(m): 8:08pm On Aug 11, 2014
Omaobe:

Thank u. But dat's not d answer I want.

Can some1 explain to me what d question actually implies? I mean d questn 'when will your business make first profit?'.

I think you might have made up your own question, because the correct question in the template is "How and/or when will the business make profit?"

And the answer should be something like; when your sales income exceeds your total operational expenses (state the month you will achieve that), that is; a point where you have confidentlly made sales well above your Breakeven point.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ola2gg: 10:32am On Aug 12, 2014
Items to come with:
6. Originals and photocopies of your Corporate Affairs Commission registration and Tax Clearance Certificates (for existing businesses).
Guys that did yesterday,where u asked c.a.c cert for new bussiness
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Omaobe: 12:05pm On Aug 12, 2014
edundayo:
I think you might have made up your own question, because the correct question in the template is "How and/or when will the business make profit?"
And the answer should be something like; when your sales income exceeds your total operational expenses (state the month you will achieve that), that is; a point where you have confidentlly made sales well above your Breakeven point.

Thanks so much my man. You hit d nail right on head 100%.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 12:34pm On Aug 12, 2014
Hello guys.

Please can those who have attended the interviews give us a brief of how it went?

Please
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 12:53pm On Aug 12, 2014
Denn: Hello guys.

Please can those who have attended the interviews give us a brief of how it went?

Please

Why should they do that? So that you will learn from their errors and have an unfair edge over them? This is a business plan COMPETITION bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (149) (Reply)

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.