Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,746 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Youwin Business Competition 2013 - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (389318 Views)

Tips For Youwin Business Competition For 2015 / Apllication For YOUWIN Business Competition Extended To January 21st, 2014 / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 8:31am On Nov 07, 2013
Tayeni: Guys, seems there is a cap on the amount(percentage)one can budget for fixed capital e.g delivery vehicle. With the new policy on the import duty of used vehicles, don't u think getting a fairly used 'tokunbo' or new ones will gulp d bulk of d percentage set aside for your fixed capital making d rest insufficient for other capital goods like machines ? Abi what's d alternative. Not all the business ideas will need vehicles, but I'm sure most will.

What are u trying to transport, depends on the size. You can use keke napep, or their are delivery vans/vehicles you can rent anytime until your business makes enough money to get its own.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Olsey: 8:37am On Nov 07, 2013
readone1:
Its stated on the website scroll down to the competition timeline you will see ''Launch November 25, 2013 Presidential launch''
Thanks.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Olsey: 8:43am On Nov 07, 2013
DE_GONGS:

Am sure that the moderator who pushed this to the fronpage and the majority commenting here did not read this part. cry

Op mind telling us when August 2013 shall come? undecided undecided
I think the FG is in the best position to explain the delay in the implementation of its own statement.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by utimatedes(m): 9:02am On Nov 07, 2013
Bossforeva: answer me bro! Must you have a tertiary school certificate to participate, how possible will it be using an enteprenuership certificate, aside 4rm sec sch cert?

YouWIN says post secondary school qualification. That means you cannot a holder of apply. Post secondary school certificate doesn't mean university certificate alone or post graduate, it also mean your diploma, certificate you acquire from maybe entrepreneurship training, skill acquisition etc. My sister I help use certificate she obtained in catering school.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by ceysaga: 9:10am On Nov 07, 2013
Promhize:

How many pages was ur proposal

When you log into the website, there is a form where in fill in your proposal according to their format. You do not need to scan anything to them. Just fill the form correctly and they will do the rest.

N/B: You can save a copy of what you have fiiled or access it anytime in your youwin account.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by utimatedes(m): 10:43am On Nov 07, 2013
Promhize:

Oga comot here joor, if you want to help anyone, help them here.

Anyone that needs advice on how to write their business plan should ask here, I'm ready to help.

I am always ready to help people especially those that are very serious. I can answer simple questions here, but you don't expect me to come and write a business plan for you here. In fact even if I wrote a business plan that suits your idea, would not suit another person's idea?

What question did you ask me that I have not answered? Don't be one of people that will go back and blast government that the process was not transparent because it seems your are not ready. I want you to know that many people now believe in YouwIN program. In the first edition, I never believed and many of us then shared the same sentiment. Many have seen and witnessed it, many have shared testimonies and the interest is much.
You are going to compete against thousands or even millions from not only Nigerians living in Nigeria, but Nigerians in diaspora, you would compete against YouWIN markers, staff, youwin monitors, mentors, past awardees, professionals from Lagos Business School, FATE Foundation, professors, banks just to mention a few. Therefore, you cannot garbage in and garbage out.

I know how much some women paid in the last edition for some people to write for them and they made it. If you have friends or family members that can help you write, that is good and u can go for it, if you can research on your idea and write a unique business plan, that is fine. If you can't, then look for consultant.

I want you to imagine if you have free N10m, how would you feel? I know your life would never remain the same. So why sitting here and expect things to turn around when you don't want to take action by either using the internet to research, consult etc.

My advice is that I want you to realize that the interest is much and you are going to compete against millions and hundreds of applicants will submit the same ideas, but what makes yours unique, what makes you standout from the crowd? You know it has to do with understanding the objectives of the programme, understanding your idea, presenting facts and figures, be precise and concise, use the right words (choice of word), letting them know you have a good background, the skills, showing there is market for your products or services just to mention a few.

I did it last year and it was successful. I have never managed a restaurant business before, I have never managed poultry farming before, I have never manage Garri processing or even haulage before, but I wrote, mentored, reviewed and monitored in the last edition and the joy that came with it knew no bound.

I did not just venture into business plan writing, I did entrepreneurship study with special focus on business plan writing at EDC sponsored by Central Bank of Nigeria for 3 months. I did not end there, I took time to study more about business plan writing especially now that I'm starting to look for foreign grant and investor just like the one I am working on here: Innovation Prize for Africa http://innovationprizeforafrica.org/.

I do a lot of research, facts finding and feasibility study before writing a business plan even in the area that I am well acquainted.

Thank God for YouWIN for giving us leverage.

To round it up, UNIQUENESS and INNOVATIVE IDEA is the KEY to WIN this competition.

If you are serious, look for me and I am always ready to work with you, but sitting down and make noise will not help at all. Meet me here: http://www.utibeetim.com. I have a lot of articles and free ebook that will help you. Writing a winning business plan is not a child's play, so DON'T ask me to write or expect a free business plan from me. I can consult for you, but I must see you face to face before anything.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by utimatedes(m): 10:50am On Nov 07, 2013
Bossforeva: guys! Abeg help me on the kinda certificate u must have 2 win. Right now, i have an Entrepreneurship Cert and a Sec Sch Cert. Help! I got great ideas that could make me African's Richest, mainly with the Food Sector.

You are qualified with your Entrepreneurship Cert and I hope it was not a day seminar you got it from?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Polem(m): 10:51am On Nov 07, 2013
utimatedes:

YouWIN says post secondary school qualification. That means you cannot a holder of apply. Post secondary school certificate doesn't mean university certificate alone or post graduate, it also mean your diploma, certificate you acquire from maybe entrepreneurship training, skill acquisition etc. My sister I help use certificate she obtained in catering school.

you sounded as if you are an expert to me..... please alot of us in nairaland are seeking for genuine business plan writing consultant not the blabbing type that hoovers around here claiming what they dont know can you give us an insight on how to locate one and where to locate them or better still if one can get your contact it will make alot of senses to deal with you. i am longing to see a sound expert that will cushion my rare business idea
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by utimatedes(m): 11:24am On Nov 07, 2013
Tayeni: Guys, seems there is a cap on the amount(percentage)one can budget for fixed capital e.g delivery vehicle. With the new policy on the import duty of used vehicles, don't u think getting a fairly used 'tokunbo' or new ones will gulp d bulk of d percentage set aside for your fixed capital making d rest insufficient for other capital goods like machines ? Abi what's d alternative. Not all the business ideas will need vehicles, but I'm sure most will.

Ofcourse you cannot pump all your cash into asset, you need to set aside some fund as running capital. First of all you need to prioritize. What can you start with and ensure that your business is running even without complete fund?

Just list your capital requirements, list all your assets you would need, list machinery, equipments, marketing, rent, license and fee etc, is from there you will know how much your business needs. If your capital needs is more than N10m and youwin is only giving out N10m maximum, you have to let them know that you have other source where you will raise the balance, otherwise you would not be given. And if you told them you have other sources, please make sure there are real because at a point youwin will ask you to show that you have raise the remaining fund from other sources you promised before further disbursement. Many in our set ran into problem with YouWIN because of fake promises.

Don't think it is a free money, you must be checked, monitored, mentored etc.

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by utimatedes(m): 12:16pm On Nov 07, 2013
trillville:

Go ahead and apply. It is only God that will make any of us successful. Keep in mind that the maximum amount is 10 million so your idea should not cost you more than 10 million to execute.

Last year, an 18 year old girl won so I do not know the type of qualification she had acquired as at that time. Good luck.

Yes ooo, as long as you know what you are doing.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by utimatedes(m): 12:33pm On Nov 07, 2013
saemmanuel:

please kindly send me a sample proposal, saemmanuel@rocketmail.com

OCTAVO:
Pls I beg you in the name of God the Almighty, I need a sample of a very good proposal. Tolozie@yahoo.com
Or if anyone here can help me with a sample, I'll glady appreciate. Thanks.
I have ebook that I share tips, experience, proven techniques and secrets on how to write a winning youwin business plan, you can contact me from my website http://utibeetim.com
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by utimatedes(m): 12:39pm On Nov 07, 2013
Polem:

you sounded as if you are an expert to me..... please alot of us in nairaland are seeking for genuine business plan writing consultant not the blabbing type that hoovers around here claiming what they dont know can you give us an insight on how to locate one and where to locate them or better still if one can get your contact it will make alot of senses to deal with you. i am longing to see a sound expert that will cushion my rare business idea
I'm always ready to help especially those that are very serious. I can consult for you if you need my services. I can be reached on 07031542324 or info@utibeetim.com. You can equally reach me on my website www.utibeetim.com.

By the way where is your location and what is your idea all about? You can inbox me. I will need to meet you in my office face to face before I can consult for you.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 12:42pm On Nov 07, 2013
Autoclean limited have been trading profitably for 5 years and are seeking to borrow $100000 under the small firms loan guarantee scheme over a period of 5 years to fund the production of a new mobile coach system (coachwash system) for which they have secured advance orders of $350000 (14 units).
The coachwash system is an important advance in mobile coach cleaning systems because it uses 50 percent less water and 30 per cent less cleaning chemicals than its nearest competitor whilst having a significant price advantage. Overall this should enable most coach operators to save some 40 percent on their cleaning costs. Our initial tests carried out on customers coaches have proven to their satisfaction that the systems clean quicker and better than any other system currently in the marketplace.
In the uk alone there are 350 coach operators, of whom 20 percent currently use 750 automated coach-cleaning systems. Our initial marketing have revealed that some 40 coach operators have expressed a strong interest in our new coach system and would purchase one within the next 18 months. We would hope that as we start to deliver the new systems we can demonstrate to those using manual cleaning methods the cost effectiveness of using our new system thus securing more sales.
The new coachwash system has been designed entirely in-house by Mark Chapman, our technical manager. Our own production team made the initial pre-production prototype with the help of outside consultants’ part funded by DTI. We now require $35000 to set up the initial production line modifications with the remaining $65000 being required for tooling and initial materials to make the first batch of 5units.
Our objective is to sell 20 units in year 1 and 40 units in year 2, which would amount to 8 per cent of the installed automated coach-cleaning systems in the UK. We are currently number two in the marketplace with our current coach-cleaning system.
Our financial forecasts show that this new product will account for $500000 (25 percent of all sales) during the first 12months. This has been based on selling 20 units at $25000 each – for which we have secured orders for the first 8months’ production. The new product will have a gross profit of 42 percent and even in year 1 will make a profit contribution of $160000 after other marketing, sales and distribution costs and additional financial charges. Other products will account for $2million turnover and yield net profits of $300000
-----------------an excerpt from PAUL BARROW’s “The Best-Laid Business Plans”

This is an example of an executive summary. Basically it sums up the whole plan (summary);

----- What your business about, your advantage over competitors, who are your customers, what they do, where they are, why they would choose your product/service, your employees, describe the market and industry, your goals and vision and how you intend to achieve them, financial forecasts and so on.

I’ve done a little research and found out that the business plan required for YOUWIN is different from those you would need to secure investment from venture capitalist (private investment companies) which is mainly concerned with the numbers (profit), but this seems more inclined towards employment and an average sustainable profit.

I believe in this competition where there would be over 6000 applications, your plan should be simple and short, like someone said earlier.

After the executive summary which should come first, your business plan should contain this,
-----Business Description and structure
-----Market Analysis
-----Objective, Vision and how-to plans (company summary – if u already have one)
-----Numbers – Financial forecasts, capital and the likes

OVERALLL IT SHOULD BE SMART (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timed).

@saemmanuel and octavo, I sent u guys a completed Business plan which was for another purpose, it would need some adjustments and fine-tuning, so feel free to ask questions on here.

@utimatedes, I only meant you should try to help people here, so that others too can learn. No offence intended
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 07, 2013
utimatedes:

You are qualified with your Entrepreneurship Cert and I hope it was not a day seminar you got it from?
will anything be wrong with that bro? I was on a 2-year diploma study in physics/elect in Unizik, but i didn't complete cox i now got my admission into FUTO to study Food Engr. The only thing that am afraid of is this post-sec cert sth, but if tis for Innovations, forget it, i got much more
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Tayeni(m): 3:51pm On Nov 07, 2013
Bossforeva: will anything be wrong with that bro? I was on a 2-year diploma study in physics/elect in Unizik, but i didn't complete cox i now got my admission into FUTO to study Food Engr. The only thing that am afraid of is this post-sec cert sth, but if tis for Innovations, forget it, i got much more
if u are so sure about the success of ur idea, and it seems not having a post second sch certification disqualifies u automatically. Find someone you trust and enter the business idea in his name. partner up wit him/her(IMHO, better a "her" than a "he"wink. Although, its an informal agreement at best but its better than not doing anything about it at all.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by utimatedes(m): 3:56pm On Nov 07, 2013
Bossforeva: will anything be wrong with that bro? I was on a 2-year diploma study in physics/elect in Unizik, but i didn't complete cox i now got my admission into FUTO to study Food Engr. The only thing that am afraid of is this post-sec cert sth, but if tis for Innovations, forget it, i got much more

If you have the certificate, you can still apply. You can contact me let discuss more on that.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by utimatedes(m): 4:02pm On Nov 07, 2013
Promhize:

@utimatedes, I only meant you should try to help people here, so that others too can learn. No offence intended

I understand. I can't pick offense. There are so many business plan out there, it just that all the plans out there are not really suitable as youwin format is quite different. I have a lot of such business plan and I can give you the link to get such.

Those plan are only suitable if you are applying for loan or you are looking investors that have not given you their own format. Youwin has format, it is quite different and in most cases some of the questions asked are limited to 200 words (answers) and you must frame it well to covey the message.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by OCTAVO: 5:11pm On Nov 07, 2013
@those suggesting that we should consult a consultant, well that's a very nice idea. But take note that not everyone here can afford to pay for consultation. It's not a bad idea if we help each other here. You all claim you won in the first edition and yet you want to monetise helping people? It is well o.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Krak(m): 9:45pm On Nov 07, 2013
If you are interested in getting the questions for the first stage of the youwin pls drop your email. It is in Microsoft Word format.

It was given to me by one of the past winners. It is better to have it on time so that one will have enough time to prepare and conceptualise on your idea.

I must say I have really been practicing on them and its been fun. I was given free and I will give it out for free.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 07, 2013
Krak: If you are interested in getting the questions for the first stage of the youwin pls drop your email. It is in Microsoft Word format.

It was given to me by one of the past winners. It is better to have it on time so that one will have enough time to prepare and conceptualise on your idea.

I must say I have really been practicing on them and its been fun. I was given free and I will give it out for free.
here is my Email: Timkworth2013@gmail.com. Are you tryna point out that they organise a Test Questions 4 this? Also bro and rest of you all, do you think a University student, with a certificate 4rm an entrepreneurship summit can be part of it, if so, what should he fill as the highest qualification?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by trillville(m): 10:04pm On Nov 07, 2013
Krak: If you are interested in getting the questions for the first stage of the youwin pls drop your email. It is in Microsoft Word format.

Please send it to me at trillville700@gmail.com
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by fflamingo(m): 10:12pm On Nov 07, 2013
Bossforeva: here is my Email: Timkworth2013@gmail.com. Are you tryna point out that they organise a Test Questions 4 this? Also bro and rest of you all, do you think a University student, with a certificate 4rm an entrepreneurship summit can be part of it, if so, what should he fill as the highest qualification?

Would be looking forward Sir.....one love
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Tekkyboy(m): 10:16pm On Nov 07, 2013

am just passing by and saw dis info,4 me i dnt tink dropping of emails is compulsory if u really want to help coz scammers ar all around spicing emails.why cnt u upload it here 4 evry1 to download? PLS DNT CRUCIFY ME O

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Krak(m): 10:32pm On Nov 07, 2013
Bossforeva: here is my Email: Timkworth2013@gmail.com. Are you tryna point out that they organise a Test Questions 4 this? Also bro and rest of you all, do you think a University student, with a certificate 4rm an entrepreneurship summit can be part of it, if so, what should he fill as the highest qualification?
Sent.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Krak(m): 10:33pm On Nov 07, 2013
trillville:

Please send it to me at trillville700@gmail.com

Sent

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Krak(m): 10:33pm On Nov 07, 2013
fflamingo:

Obaonibuore23@gmail.com
Would be looking forward Sir.....one love

Sent

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Krak(m): 10:38pm On Nov 07, 2013
Tek%kyboy:
am just passing by and saw dis info,4 me i dnt tink dropping of emails is compulsory if u really want to help coz scammers ar all around spicing emails.why cnt u upload it here 4 evry1 to download? PLS DNT CRUCIFY ME O

Sorry I cannot paste it. If you really feel you need it you should be able to drop your mail.

Or better still you can send me a private PM.

The info is not for everyone. It is only for those who need it.
Cheers
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 07, 2013
Krak:
Sent.
plz answer my question on the following sentence.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Krak(m): 10:48pm On Nov 07, 2013
Bossforeva: plz answer my question on the following sentence.

Dont know the answer yet. But I will help you to inquire from someone.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by toluls(m): 10:56pm On Nov 07, 2013

toluls@ymail.com pls snd it to me. Fnks in advance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (149) (Reply)

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.