Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,721 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:05 PM

Youwin Business Competition 2013 - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (389316 Views)

Tips For Youwin Business Competition For 2015 / Apllication For YOUWIN Business Competition Extended To January 21st, 2014 / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Tekkyboy(m): 3:33pm On Nov 08, 2013
Krak: I noticed that many people sent me PM's but unfortunately I did not receive any mails in my inbox or spam folder.

I am very sorry if I cannot reply you.
am very grateful at ur kind generosity,i'av gotten d questn nd i will work on it so fast.pls i av some questns to ask usad1) i'av been to youwin website to register but i cnt locate my state of origin,state of residence, LGA (2) in the youwin requirement,its compulsory to av a valid nigeria id card,i dnt av any of d cards listed i lost my temporary voters card last month.how can i do dis?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Tekkyboy(m): 3:43pm On Nov 08, 2013
Pls help me .my state,LGA,state of residence and state intended to start biz ar nt in the applicatn form at youwin website o
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by eluquenson(m): 3:51pm On Nov 08, 2013
OCTAVO:
You can help out too pls. Tolozie@yahoo.com

Sent
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by castello: 4:18pm On Nov 08, 2013
When accessing the youwin site, do it from a computer or laptop to avoid having challenges being reported on this forum.

For those shy of sharing their email addresses, please copy and paste the text below. They are the past questions from youwin women stage 1. Its not pasting well cos of codes from ms word but you can work it out.

Good luck

Basic Business Data

What is your business? (Please briefly describe your business in 10 words or less, for example, "Poultry farming"; "Information Technology consultancy services"wink HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:TextArea.1 Words used: 0/10  

In what sector is your business? (Please choose one from the drop down menu) 
                                                      HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:Select.1
HYPERLINK "javascript:void(0)" Education

HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:Text.1
Crop farming
Animal farming
Food & Restaurant
Building and Construction materials
Chemicals, industrial materials
Clothing, shoes and other personal items
Equipment, Machinery, Metal
Food and Drinks
Furniture, Wood Products
Others
Retail
Engineering , Building and Construction
Accounting, Finance and Management
Auto, electronics, others
Cleaning
Education
Engineering, Building and Construction
IT and Telecommunication
Legal
Media and Entertainment
Medical
Other Professional
Personal/Beauty
Transport
Other (Specify)
Other Sector 
Is this a new business concept/idea or an existing business? (Please note that to be an existing business, you must be able to show verifiable evidence of revenues or business expenses for a minimum of six (6) months prior to submitting this application)
HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:Option.1  new  HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:Option.1  existing
Why are you in this business or want to get into this business? HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:TextArea.1 Words used: 0/50  
If you are applying as an existing business, what is the address where your business is physically located?
House Number HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:TextArea.1 Words used: 0/5
Street Name HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:TextArea.1 Words used: 0/20
City HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:TextArea.1 Words used: 0/20
State :                                                   HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:Select.1
HYPERLINK "javascript:void(0)" Abuja

Abuja
Benue
Kogi
Kwara
Nasarawa
Niger
Plateau
Adamawa
Bauchi
Borno
Gombe
Taraba
Yobe
Jigawa
Kaduna
Kano
Katsina
Kebbi
Sokoto
Zamfara
Abia
Anambra
Ebonyi
Enugu
Imo
Akwa Ibom
Bayelsa
Cross River
Delta
Edo
Rivers
Ekiti
Lagos
Ogun
Ondo
Osun
Oyo
Local Government Area :  HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:Select.1
HYPERLINK "javascript:void(0)" Select an Option

Abaji
Bwari
Gwagwalada
Kuje
Kwali
Municipal Area Council
What is the current registration status of your business?
          HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:Select.1
HYPERLINK "javascript:void(0)" Limited Liability Company

Not registered
Limited Liability Company
Business Name
Other (Specify)
Other Registration Status

Business Concept

Business Model
Please describe your business in detail, including a description of your services or products. HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:TextArea.1 Words used:  /250  
What is unique or innovative about your business? What is new or different about your products or services? HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:TextArea.1 Words used: 0/100  
Market
Describe your market--who will you be selling your products or services to? (including size of the market, major segments/types of customers, factors affecting the market) HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:TextArea.1 Words used: 0/200  
Who are your customers, and how will you reach them? HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:TextArea.1 Words used: 0/200  
Competition
Who are your main competitors (are there other businesses selling the same products or services)? HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:TextArea.1 Words used: 0/100  
What makes your products or services better than your competitors (your competitive advantages, if any)? HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:TextArea.1 Words used: 0/150  
Supply Links
What type of inputs do you require for your business? HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:TextArea.1 Words used: 0/100  
How and where will you get the inputs for your business (source, price, technology, etc) HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:TextArea.1 Words used: 0/100  
Management
What skills and / or experiences do you have to enable you successfully manage the business? HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:TextArea.1 Words used: 0/100  
Who else will work with you to manage your business--partners, co-owners (if any)? HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:TextArea.1 Words used: 0/50  
What qualifications and / or experiences make these person(s) appropriate? HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:TextArea.1 Words used: 0/100  
Business Risks
What risks or challenges do you anticipate that may affect the success of your business (What can stop you from making this business a success)? HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:TextArea.1 Words used: 0/100  
How will you mitigate or reduce these risks? HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:TextArea.1 Words used: 0/150  
Finance
How much have you invested in your business, if any?
HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:Text.1 Amount in Naira, enter numbers only; if none, enter: 0
How much will you contribute to the business in the next 12 months, if any?
HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:Text.1 Amount in Naira, enter numbers only; if none, enter: 0
How much will family and friends contribute to the business in the next 12 months, if any?
How much do you expect from other sources (investors, bank loans, etc) if any?
Beyond the above financial sources, how much more (Naira) will you required to make this business a success?
How much money (Naira) do you want from YouWiN ?
What will you use the money for? HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:TextArea.1 Words used: 0/100
How much sales do you make per month at present, if any
How much sales do you expect to make in 12 months after receiving the award?
How much do you expect to spend in running your business in 12 months after receiving the award?
HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:Checkbox.1  I hereby declare that all information provided in this application is true and accurate to the best of my knowledge and I should be disqualified if any of the information provided is found to be false
HTMLCONTROL Forms.HTML:Submitbutton.1

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 4:27pm On Nov 08, 2013
Received it. Thanks very much @krak
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by OCTAVO: 4:44pm On Nov 08, 2013
I've gotten it, thanks. I really appreciate.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by centpado(m): 5:42pm On Nov 08, 2013
Nwachukwupatrick@gmail.com...thanks in anticipation
Krak: If you are interested in getting the questions for the first stage of the youwin pls drop your email. It is in Microsoft Word format.

It was given to me by one of the past winners. It is better to have it on time so that one will have enough time to prepare and conceptualise on your idea.

I must say I have really been practicing on them and its been fun. I was given free and I will give it out for free.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by toluls(m): 7:11pm On Nov 08, 2013
Krak: I have sent to more people who dropped their mails. Pls acknowledge reciept and also help me to share with any subsequent persons that dropped their mails.

Gotten it. Fnks once again.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by omode2(m): 8:19pm On Nov 08, 2013
@krak pls send to lekelee20@gmail.com
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by VICTOFX(m): 10:40pm On Nov 08, 2013
ueng2k7@HOtmail.com. kindly send to me to. thanx anticipatedly.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Olsey: 9:16am On Nov 09, 2013
Tek%kyboy:
Pls help me .my state,LGA,state of residence and state intended to start biz ar nt in the applicatn form at youwin website o
You will have to wait till this edition is officially launched. #25th Nov.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 10:40am On Nov 09, 2013
Olsey:
Please where did you get this info from?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Randyjay: 11:15am On Nov 09, 2013
Hi Nairalanders, can anyone in the house help me out with a guide to writing an acceptable Business Plan by YouWin. My mail address is: okonjames89@yahoo.com or call: 07085999096.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 09, 2013
@ ALL! Am still asking oh! Can i run this, without a certificate 4rm a tertiary institution, i did diploma, but drop out when i got a university admission. Now, i have this enteprenuership certificate from a consulting firm. Do you think i can run this with it, and what should i fill as my higest qualification?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Manweysabi(m): 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2013
@castello, thanks!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nextworldnx(m): 12:15pm On Nov 09, 2013
Thanks all, I ve received mine.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nextworldnx(m): 12:15pm On Nov 09, 2013
Thanks all, I ve received mine.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by chally02(m): 12:29pm On Nov 09, 2013
Charlesdagreat@gmail.com
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Tekkyboy(m): 12:58pm On Nov 09, 2013
Olsey:
do u mean i cnt register on there website for nao?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by castello: 3:48pm On Nov 09, 2013
Bossforeva: @ ALL! Am still asking oh! Can i run this, without a certificate 4rm a tertiary institution, i did diploma, but drop out when i got a university admission. Now, i have this enteprenuership certificate from a consulting firm. Do you think i can run this with it, and what should i fill as my higest qualification?
sorry dude. Its strictly for graduates of Nigerian origin. During validation, you will submit your degree or HND certificate.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by castello: 4:00pm On Nov 09, 2013
Randyjay: Hi Nairalanders, can anyone in the house help me out with a guide to writing an acceptable Business Plan by YouWin. My mail address is: okonjames89@yahoo.com or call: 07085999096.

Guy, business plan guide is every where especially on the internet. Go to bplans.com. The thing that makes a business plan acceptable is content. Realistically, it will be difficult for one to dole out their sweat to you just like that. My candid advice, download the business plan template, do your research and tailor your findings to your preferred state of business location (demand and business climate differs due to several reasons: culture, belief, society, etc).

Or you can approach a business development company.

But note that its a series of questions that you provide tailored answers to and not a straight forward business plan.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 09, 2013
castello:
sorry dude. Its strictly for graduates of Nigerian origin. During validation, you will submit your degree or HND certificate.

This is bad news, someone said earlier that she won while still in school.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 09, 2013
@bossforeva I think u should apply, you just have to try your luck. We are in the same situation, but I would still apply, there's no difference.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by utimatedes(m): 6:10pm On Nov 09, 2013
castello:

You are very very wrong. You don't need university degree to participate, what you need is any form of post secondary qualification. It can be certificate from your computer training, entrepreneurship training, catering, OND etc. My sister that I help was never a university graduate.

In my validation (first edition) they did not ask of my certificte, it was my company registration, form of identification, statement of account or receipt etc and when my sister went for validation, they never asked her of her certificate or what ever.

For those still wondering on how to answer those questions, i have a free ebook that you can download free and learn more including the secrets on how to answer those questions. Visit http//utibeetim.com/youwin.

In couple of weeks, I will be sharing more tips and answers to those questions and also how to answer those questions on my blog.

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by mneksummi: 8:18pm On Nov 09, 2013
I agree with utimatedes. The ladies I assisted last year told me they didn't show any certificate, only their forms of identity.

For those looking for sample questions and are yet to lay their hands on any, go read them up here:
http://www.freeyouwingrant.com/youwin-stage-one-sample-questions/

Make you begin dey prepare o!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 10, 2013
utimatedes:

You are very very wrong. You don't need university degree to participate, what you need is any form of post secondary qualification. It can be certificate from your computer training, entrepreneurship training, catering, OND etc. My sister that I help was never a university graduate.

In my validation (first edition) they did not ask of my certificte, it was my company registration, form of identification, statement of account or receipt etc and when my sister went for validation, they never asked her of her certificate or what ever.

For those still wondering on how to answer those questions, i have a free ebook that you can download free and learn more including the secrets on how to answer those questions. Visit http//utibeetim.com/youwin.

In couple of weeks, I will be sharing more tips and answers to those questions and also how to answer those questions on my blog.
if u run these with the certificates above, bro what will you now fill as your highest (post sec) qualification. Also, must one also have a company registeration for a business that's still about to be registered?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 9:13am On Nov 10, 2013
Bossforeva: if u run these with the certificates above, bro what will you now fill as your highest (post sec) qualification. Also, must one also have a company registeration for a business that's still about to be registered?

Bro, ur own too much. Fill secondary school as ur highest certification, ur business doesn't have to be registered.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Tekkyboy(m): 11:59am On Nov 10, 2013
utimatedes:

chairman, wot of me dat i dnt av any nigeria id card or driver licence? I recently lost my temporary voters card,pls how can i do this?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by mneksummi: 1:32pm On Nov 10, 2013
@Tek%kyboy, I hope you know no one here is a Youwin staff and even if anyone is, he/she may not be the one to screen you should you qualify to attend their training. So my advice is that you go get one of the IDs.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 10, 2013
Is it possible that only people who already have businesses and need capital to expand are the ones winning?

In other words, has anyone seen any new entrepreneur win this?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by castello: 3:58pm On Nov 10, 2013
blink182: Is it possible that only people who already have businesses and need capital to expand are the ones winning?

In other words, has anyone seen any new entrepreneur win this?
I registered my business in August this year and yet to get an office. Lots of New businesses won last year. Its assumed that new businesses can't win because they overlook important details in preparing their business plans. Established businesses already know wetin de so its easier to provide the requested information.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 10, 2013
castello:
I registered my business in August this year and yet to get an office. Lots of New businesses won last year. Its assumed that new businesses can't win because they overlook important details in preparing their business plans. Established businesses already know wetin de so its easier to provide the requested information.
I have all the relevant information but my plan includes a building and giving out the money in tranches won't help issues at all except I'm given like 7m of the almost 10m I need in my first tranche, that way I can build and import some of the necessary equipment and start business in less than 3 months.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (149) (Reply)

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.