Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,740 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:27 PM

Youwin Business Competition 2013 - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (389317 Views)

Tips For Youwin Business Competition For 2015 / Apllication For YOUWIN Business Competition Extended To January 21st, 2014 / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Godspikin: 5:08pm On Nov 10, 2013
Krak: If you are interested in getting the questions for the first stage of the youwin pls drop your email. It is in Microsoft Word format.

It was given to me by one of the past winners. It is better to have it on time so that one will have enough time to prepare and conceptualise on your idea.

I must say I have really been practicing on them and its been fun. I was given free and I will give it out for free.

ayimoro.gmila@gmail.com
Thanks for sharing.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by castello: 5:34pm On Nov 10, 2013
utimatedes:

You are very very wrong. You don't need university degree to participate, what you need is any form of post secondary qualification. It can be certificate from your computer training, entrepreneurship training, catering, OND etc. My sister that I help was never a university graduate.

In my validation (first edition) they did not ask of my certificte, it was my company registration, form of identification, statement of account or receipt etc and when my sister went for validation, they never asked her of her certificate or what ever.

For those still wondering on how to answer those questions, i have a free ebook that you can download free and learn more including the secrets on how to answer those questions. Visit http//utibeetim.com/youwin.

In couple of weeks, I will be sharing more tips and answers to those questions and also how to answer those questions on my blog.

Ok! My bad. Apologies for the misleading info. Its actually a post secondary qualification. We were asked to submit our certificates during validation but many didn't bring it because we were not pre-informed.

Also note that courses in business management, entrepreneurship, and technical expertise in your core business area makes your submission more valuable for selection.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by castello: 5:39pm On Nov 10, 2013
Bossforeva: if u run these with the certificates above, bro what will you now fill as your highest (post sec) qualification. Also, must one also have a company registeration for a business that's still about to be registered?

If you have a diploma, fill it. If you dont and still very concerned, you may visit www.alison.com for free online certificate and diploma courses in a wide variety of subject areas. You can complete one course within hours at your leisure.

And you don't need to have registered your business. Simply having the business idea is enough.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by beylinko(m): 6:51pm On Nov 10, 2013
Krak: I have sent to more people who dropped their mails. Pls acknowledge reciept and also help me to share with any subsequent persons that dropped their mails.
Beypopson@gmail.com Is my email. Pls I also need the questions. Thanks
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 10, 2013
Tek%kyboy:
chairman, wot of me dat i dnt av any nigeria id card or driver licence? I recently lost my temporary voters card,pls how can i do this?
get a National I.d Card, or better still, use Nepa bills
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by mneksummi: 8:02pm On Nov 10, 2013
I got the stage one questions sample here for anyone interested:
http://www.freeyouwingrant.com/youwin-stage-one-sample-questions/

If you've got questions about them feel free to ask.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by utimatedes(m): 8:58pm On Nov 10, 2013
Bossforeva: if u run these with the certificates above, bro what will you now fill as your highest (post sec) qualification. Also, must one also have a company registeration for a business that's still about to be registered?

You choose others and enter the name or the type of certificate. Don't be surprised that during screening you may not be asked to tender the certificate.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by utimatedes(m): 9:06pm On Nov 10, 2013
Tek%kyboy:
chairman, wot of me dat i dnt av any nigeria id card or driver licence? I recently lost my temporary voters card,pls how can i do this?

Go get Driver's license or intl passport before the opportunity opens.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by utimatedes(m): 9:08pm On Nov 10, 2013
blink182: Is it possible that only people who already have businesses and need capital to expand are the ones winning?

In other words, has anyone seen any new entrepreneur win this?

Both new and existing ideas are accepted but priority is given to existing businesses. Existing business understand the terrain more than new biz, that is the reason.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by utimatedes(m): 9:14pm On Nov 10, 2013
blink182: I have all the relevant information but my plan includes a building and giving out the money in tranches won't help issues at all except I'm given like 7m of the almost 10m I need in my first tranche, that way I can build and import some of the necessary equipment and start business in less than 3 months.

You are not going to be given everything at once. You would get 10% first. You are not expected to even open office with your first tranche, maybe you can use it to get license, fee and other expenses until when your 2nd tranche comes. You you are the one that would chose the interval or how the money should be disbursed, you can decide to ask for 7m in the 2nd tranche.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by OCTAVO: 6:50am On Nov 11, 2013
utimatedes:

Go get Driver's license or intl passport before the opportunity opens.
Is voters‘ card not acceptable?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 11, 2013
utimatedes:

You are not going to be given everything at once. You would get 10% first. You are not expected to even open office with your first tranche, maybe you can use it to get license, fee and other expenses until when your 2nd tranche comes. You you are the one that would chose the interval or how the money should be disbursed, you can decide to ask for 7m in the 2nd tranche.
Ok, thanks for the information. Makes a lot of sense.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Olsey: 8:44am On Nov 11, 2013
Tek%kyboy:
do u mean i cnt register on there website for nao?
You can.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 11, 2013
utimatedes:

You choose others and enter the name or the type of certificate. Don't be surprised that during screening you may not be asked to tender the certificate.
chose others, but when i clicked on my profile, "other" was not an option there. It was automatically changed to primary school as the highest cert. U can check urs to confirm
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 11, 2013
there are National I.d offices in all states, check it out

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by utimatedes(m): 2:07pm On Nov 11, 2013
OCTAVO:
Is voters‘ card not acceptable?
Voter's card is accepted because it is government issued form of identification. That is what my sis used.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by utimatedes(m): 2:21pm On Nov 11, 2013
Bossforeva: chose others, but when i clicked on my profile, "other" was not an option there. It was automatically changed to primary school as the highest cert. U can check urs to confirm

I don't know what device you are using to few that you are not seeing others.

Please look well because it works fine for me here. Under "Highest qualification obtained :" Please select 'other(please specify)'. The next box is to enter the name of the certificate under "Or other :"

Then the next one is to enter the school info. Under "School where you obtained your highest qualification ", select 'other' and the next box enter the name of your school or institution where you obtained your certificate.

Am afraid you are using phone to browse. Please system or use smart phone.

I hope you are not browsing with Chinko phone so that you will not add virus to youwin website. LOL!

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by mchuxx(m): 3:08pm On Nov 11, 2013
blink182: Ok, thanks for the information. Makes a lot of sense.

You may not likely get it if your proposal includes building a house. your chances are higher if you will rent instead for now. first tranche amount is not fixed at 10%, they evaluate and decide on the percentage. its no longer 4 tranches but 3 tranches. I know what am talking about, partner was an awardee for immediate past edition.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 11, 2013
mchuxx:

You may not likely get it if your proposal includes building a house. your chances are higher if you will rent instead for now. first tranche amount is not fixed at 10%, they evaluate and decide on the percentage. its no longer 4 tranches but 3 tranches. I know what am talking about, partner was an awardee for immediate past edition.
my kind of business can't be carried out from a rented shop or apartment as it will require extensive modifications that could be classified as damage by the landlord. Besides the building forms an integral part of my proposal.

If they turn me down for that reason then it is just my luck.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 11, 2013
Away from all the registering problems, I just want to give a simple advice, that u guys should not inflate financial figures.

Cos I think no matter how you try to hide it, they will still find out, especially in the second stage, just an advice tho.

Come on people, its going to start soon, you can drop advice and suggestion even without questions.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by cdamsel(f): 8:30pm On Nov 11, 2013
Pls I need info on this youwin,sorry can't read through the pages.

I need to know when entries end or if it has ended
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by mneksummi: 9:46pm On Nov 11, 2013
@cdamsel, you need to do some readings o to get what it is all about. So go read things up here:
http://www.freeyouwingrant.com/what-is-youwin/

Entries haven't even started yet. Will start 25th November, 2013.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by cdamsel(f): 11:11pm On Nov 11, 2013
mneksummi: @cdamsel, you need to do some readings o to get what it is all about. So go read things up here:
http://www.freeyouwingrant.com/what-is-youwin/

Entries haven't even started yet. Will start 25th November, 2013.
thanks dear,i do know what d program is about just wanted to know if this year's edition has ended,u were more than helpful,thanks
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by mneksummi: 5:37am On Nov 12, 2013
cdamsel: thanks dear,i do know what d program is about just wanted to know if this year's edition has ended,u were more than helpful,thanks

You're welcome. Glad to know I was of help to you. My doors are always open so you can reach me if you need further assistance along the line.

Wish you the very best.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by cdamsel(f): 8:23am On Nov 12, 2013
mneksummi:

You're welcome. Glad to know I was of help to you. My doors are always open so you can reach me if you need further assistance along the line.

Wish you the very best.
ok,u re way to kind,wish everybody on NL was dis nice kiss
Ll sure pick your brains if/when I need to
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 9:54am On Nov 12, 2013
blink182: my kind of business can't be carried out from a rented shop or apartment as it will require extensive modifications that could be classified as damage by the landlord. Besides the building forms an integral part of my proposal.

If they turn me down for that reason then it is just my luck.
which business?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by mneksummi: 3:22pm On Nov 12, 2013
cdamsel: ok,u re way to kind,wish everybody on NL was dis nice kiss
Ll sure pick your brains if/when I need to
No qualms.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Nov 12, 2013
Bossforeva: which business?
one stop auto care shop not a mechanic workshop. No major repairs just daily activities that ensure your car is safe to drive and appealing to the eyes.

Wheel balancing and alignment

Automated car wash

Engine steam wash

Gearbox and engine oil change

Tyre care and some others I can't remember now but basically as I said earlier, its a one stop car care shop.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by trillville(m): 11:21pm On Nov 12, 2013
blink182: one stop auto care shop not a mechanic workshop. No major repairs just daily activities that ensure your car is safe to drive and appealing to the eyes.

Wheel balancing and alignment

Automated car wash

Engine steam wash

Gearbox and engine oil change

Tyre care and some others I can't remember now but basically as I said earlier, its a one stop car care shop.

Ten million is too small for your business idea. You can still use this idea but it should be towards a long term projection. Is there any part of the business you are most interested in? Find a specific task like wheel balancing and aligning and do a complete cost and profit analysis on running it.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 6:31am On Nov 13, 2013
trillville:

Ten million is too small for your business idea. You can still use this idea but it should be towards a long term projection. Is there any part of the business you are most interested in? Find a specific task like wheel balancing and aligning and do a complete cost and profit analysis on running it.
if building a house will hinder U 4rm getting the loan, then tell them u'll rent a house and modify for nw.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Lanreallenjay: 6:32am On Nov 13, 2013
Krak: If you are interested in getting the questions for the first stage of the youwin pls drop your email. It is in Microsoft Word format.

It was given to me by one of the past winners. It is better to have it on time so that one will have enough time to prepare and conceptualise on your idea.

I must say I have really been practicing on them and its been fun. I was given free and I will give it out for free.
allenjay2006@gmail.com
Will be very grateful sir.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 13, 2013
trillville:

No, it isn't besides there are people that have received as much as 12m but that aside, 10m will cover me. I have written a detailed but concise plan that even takes care of price adjustment and contingencies.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (149) (Reply)

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.