Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,052 members, 7,810,931 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

Youwin Business Competition 2013 - Business (55) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (389243 Views)

Tips For Youwin Business Competition For 2015 / Apllication For YOUWIN Business Competition Extended To January 21st, 2014 / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by konos(f): 10:48pm On Oct 10, 2014
chukwuka12:
Nice contribution Edundayo, respect u for your choice of words.... cool
@ Ariduz anybody can witness... D closest person to u at d time will do. U do 4 d person and he/she does 4 u...
@Konos , if De tell us to go to Abuja 10 more times b4 d award is given, we will oh.... Look at d brighter picture, u are about to start ur dream business being your boss.... Abuja 3 more times will not hurt.......lol
Naa men I dey feel u. But De thing dey hit our pocket bad. Some of us are running out of borrowing options abi grin

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by awezu: 11:40pm On Oct 10, 2014
for those demanding my info on the renewable energy, inverter systems and batteries please contact me on akinayzee@yahoo.com /BB 2A836B63 send me a mail and i will give you my contact details via mail or reach me via BB. Regards
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by eazeefix: 8:53am On Oct 11, 2014
Pls what happens if there is a change of government next yeat
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 11, 2014
eazeefix:
God forbid!

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bamistol: 5:34am On Oct 12, 2014
Ol boy, why u get this kind of bad mind? Do u know how expensive this your joke is? Pls DONT EVER think that type of evil again? Just imagine, somebody assuming risking nine million naira (Because ONLY 1st tranche will be paid before election, which is about 10%). I beg no try thinking that kind of thing again!

GoodLuck done turn ALL OF US to his compulsory campaign managers. Pls either in the dream or reality always see GoodLuck winning with wide margin. I can risk any suspense.

eazeefix:

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by sunylee1: 6:36am On Oct 12, 2014
bamistol:
Ol boy, why u get this kind of bad mind? Do u know how expensive this your joke is? Pls DONT EVER think that type of evil again? Just imagine, somebody assuming risking nine million naira (Because ONLY 1st tranche will be paid before election, which is about 10%). I beg no try thinking that kind of thing again!

GoodLuck done turn ALL OF US to his compulsory campaign managers. Pls either in the dream or reality always see GoodLuck winning with wide margin. I can risk any suspense.

Bamistol, thank you for your response. That guy eazeefix is really thinking evil thought!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by sunylee1: 6:38am On Oct 12, 2014
eazeefix:

Back to sender!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by konos(f): 6:45am On Oct 12, 2014
eazeefix:
Wetin make u tink say GEJ no go win? shocked any credible opponent so far? Non. I rest my case grin
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 8:05am On Oct 12, 2014
Lol.

Money is sweet...

It makes people your automatic supporters....

GEJ till whenever he grows tired of aso villa.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 12, 2014
Denn:
Lol.

Money is sweet...

It makes people your automatic supporters....

GEJ till whenever he grows tired of aso villa.

Is first tranche payment really 10% what will one do with that?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by konos(f): 10:21am On Oct 12, 2014
blink182:
Is first tranche payment really 10% what will one do with that?
Lol I don't think that is correct. If u read the agreement u will notice that they said they will decide the % depending on or bizness.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by konos(f): 10:22am On Oct 12, 2014
konos:

Lol I don't think that is correct. If u read the agreement u will notice that they said they will decide the % depending on or bizness.
I stand correctedcorrected of I am wrong cheesy
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 12, 2014
konos:

I am not an awardee, I am making inquiries that will help me succeed in the next edition of youwin. Denn and favoryourl have been of tremendous help. With the things they have revealed to me, I would have given myself a zero score and thrown my proposal out if I was a youwin judge.

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favoryourl(m): 12:13pm On Oct 12, 2014
konos:

only those into agriculture get above 10% about 25% as first tranches
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by konos(f): 12:16pm On Oct 12, 2014
favoryourl:

only those into agriculture get above 10% about 25% as first tranches
Really. Anyways, what is the first tranche expected to be used for? Just curious but will appreciate an answeranswer cheesy
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favoryourl(m): 3:29pm On Oct 12, 2014
konos:

Really. Anyways, what is the first tranche expected to be used for? Just curious but will appreciate an answeranswer cheesy
first is expected to be the startup grant. you draw ur scale of preferences based on ur needs and available amount.
normally first tranches has no mile stone attached to it but subsequent tranches might have mile stone of job creation and most likely your turnover as forecasted in your plans.
so consequent upon meeting the milestones, attracts subsequent tranches

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by chukwuka12: 10:03pm On Oct 12, 2014
If its agric, e.g poultry beginners, d 1st trench will be used to set up poultry pen, feeders, and all needed to start up d business.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by eazeefix: 6:00am On Oct 13, 2014
Why una dey attack me? I only asked becos I was concerned. I was actually selected (animal farming) don't pray to get stuck midway that's all.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favoryourl(m): 6:36am On Oct 13, 2014
has any one in the house been invited for the award?
expect ur invitation very soon.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bolufelix(f): 10:20am On Oct 13, 2014
pls let all presidential awardees alert us as soon as d IV arrives

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by konos(f): 1:48pm On Oct 13, 2014
favoryourl:
has any one in the house been invited for the award?
expect ur invitation very soon.
Is the award different from the signing of legal doc and if so does it come up before the signing. wink
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 3:46pm On Oct 13, 2014
konos:

Is the award different from the signing of legal doc and if so does it come up before the signing. wink

Award ceremony is different... GEJ or his representative (usually me wink) will be at a dinner.

The signing wil be a meeting with civil servants who are ready to bounce you off if your docs are not complete.

Don't forget TIN o... They might ask though it wasn't mentioned.

Remember the interview validation...
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by toriola86: 10:03pm On Oct 13, 2014
Good evening all, please who has an idea of what time we'd be done with the signing? Based on the invitation, we are to arrive by 7.30 am on the 22nd Oct. 2014 that's for those of us that fall in that group(22nd Oct 2014).
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 8:35am On Oct 14, 2014
toriola86:
Good evening all, please who has an idea of what time we'd be done with the signing? Based on the invitation, we are to arrive by 7.30 am on the 22nd Oct. 2014 that's for those of us that fall in that group(22nd Oct 2014).

Everybody gets there by 7.30 am

two possible variants....there is a list with serial numbers and we all file in according to our positions. second is we get attended to as we arrive.

I believe the latter is more likely.

If you want to leave early, get there early.

Best bet is to go with a flight on 21st, lodge in a hotel or with family and go in very early on 22nd. finish on time and pop back into Afghanistan or wherever you came in from. wink grin shocked tongue undecided embarassed lipsrsealed

I am for 22nd too...

see you guys in abuja.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by konos(f): 12:26pm On Oct 14, 2014
hi guys, where can i get a complete baby food production machine in nigeria whether used or new. It is important, please treat as so. reply will be well appreciated. wink
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by konos(f): 12:42pm On Oct 14, 2014
guys a professional advice needed. i want to open a factory, the problem i am facing is that of building. i found a structure which is good for the factory i have in mind but the rent is in the range of N3,000,000.00. so the question i wan to ask is, which is better to pay for these or buy land and build my own from scratch. which is cheaper? please advice really needed urgent ; undecided
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 1:05pm On Oct 14, 2014
konos:
hi guys, where can i get a complete baby food production machine in nigeria whether used or new. It is important, please treat as so. reply will be well appreciated. wink

Why not source from China?

www.alibaba.com
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 1:12pm On Oct 14, 2014
konos:
guys a professional advice needed. i want to open a factory, the problem i am facing is that of building. i found a structure which is good for the factory i have in mind but the rent is in the range of N3,000,000.00. so the question i wan to ask is, which is better to pay for these or buy land and build my own from scratch. which is cheaper? please advice really needed urgent ; undecided

So many points not stated.

Size of structure.
Building specifications required, minimum
Importance of location to production
Nearness to market.
Amount estimated for factory in youwin plan
If building cost/rent cost will be covered with initial tranche.
If rent will be approved by mentors as against construction and vice versa
Etc

Each of these points will grossly affect your decision.

Thanks
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by neksummi(m): 1:12pm On Oct 14, 2014
Hi guys. I just dey hail. I was looking forward to meeting them Denn and others in Abuja but Youwin! 3 didn't make it possible. But there's no problem. We go still meet one way or the other as we continue to do business with one another. Wish you the best in your validation and contract signing.

2 Likes

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by konos(f): 4:51pm On Oct 14, 2014
Denn:

Why not source from China?

www.alibaba.com

Did some research on it from China, but considering the cost importation and clearance. I have not done it before so I am in an unchartered island here

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by chukwuka12: 4:52pm On Oct 14, 2014
Yes oh @ Nkesunmi, its bin a while I heard your voice here... We definitely meet at the top someday.

@ Konos, 3m is a VERY huge amount to pay as rent, it will definitely eat up any profit u might make, and how long will u continue to pay 3m... Do d cost analysis of setting up your and have it in mind that its a long term thing....
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 5:27pm On Oct 14, 2014
konos:

Did some research on it from China, but considering the cost importation and clearance. I have not done it before so I am in an unchartered island here

Facts:
The machines are all imported and none manufactured here in Nigeria. So if you are buying from Nigeria, there is a middle man cost already involved (not less than 25% on personal experience).

Alibaba and other verified b2b sites can give you so many options to choose from. The chinese on alibaba have very impeccable customer service and are always ready to explain and put you through. You also have the option of talking to more than one manufacturer, request to visit and inspect (if you can afford personally) and make important decisions.

Installation can be done by expatriates and they are ridiculously cheap...I am getting an expatriate from china in to manage the installation of my equipment and the company is charging 80USD per day apart from ticket and hotel bills. A Nigerian will charge you more.

CAVEAT
Open your eyes...
Not all sellers on b2b sites worldwide are genuine.
Do not buy from re-sellers. There are two types of businesses on b2b sites...re-sellers and manufacturers.

The re-sellers are middlemen and post what they don't have. Once you show interest, they ask you for payments then in turn go to the manufacturers to produce. the mark up cost is what you were trying to avoid earlier. In addition, quality is not assured as they are not in full control of the production process.

The manufacturers are cheaper, they are more flexible to your requirements and welcome you to visit their factory.

You can request for videos of the processes, request to inspect site.

Finally, ask for SONCAP....Standard Organization Of Nigeria Conformity Assessment Program Certificate. You need it to clear your goods at the port...Ask after you get an acceptable proforma invoice. This is to minimize the exporter passing the cost to you.

Once you get your acceptable proforma, show it to a clearing agent to give you an estimate of the clearing cost.

Register your form m (now called e-form m) on the portal BEFORE Shipment. ...

discuss further with your banker on this.

Thanks

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) ... (149) (Reply)

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.