Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,694 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Youwin Business Competition 2013 - Business (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (389532 Views)

Tips For Youwin Business Competition For 2015 / Apllication For YOUWIN Business Competition Extended To January 21st, 2014 / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by stagger: 11:13am On Oct 04, 2014
edundayo:

1% of N10m=N100,000 (and Recipients don't even know the amount they're awarded yet). ABA! YouWiN Secretariat! abi na FMF!, enough of those compulsory traveling events/meetings then, and let the disbursement began already!

Just thinking aloud!

Typical Nigerian. Always in a hurry. Have you signed your contract? Have your biometrics been captured? Do you know your financial and employment targets which will be used as milestones for disbursement of tranches?

You just want the government to start sharing the money. Haba!
f
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by edundayo(m): 12:28pm On Oct 04, 2014
stagger:

Typical Nigerian. Always in a hurry. Have you signed your contract? Have your biometrics been captured? Do you know your financial and employment targets which will be used as milestones for disbursement of tranches?

You just want the government to start sharing the money. Haba!
f

Oh, stagger! You missed the whole point of my thought, should've read between the lines!

I'm only thinking about them "considering" the financial status of the applicants, many are borrowing these money to go through all these financial implication and some were not even selected. If we call it mindset, we are entitled to our opinions, but we still can't deny the fact that the set of people this programme aims to empowered are largely financially inadequate.

As a provisional awardee, I don't just want the government to start sharing the money! Just thinking a little much more financial consideration will oblige. Personally, I'm not doing badly, I entered an existing business which is generating something to finance the financial implication and can wait however long necessary but stagger, not every applicant is like you and me!
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by bolufelix(f): 2:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
HI STAG. IS THERE STILL GOING TO BE ANOTHER VISIT TO ABUJA AFTER D LEGAL AGREEMENT
?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by konos(f): 2:21pm On Oct 04, 2014
Does anyone know the pre-qualification before the first tranche is disbursed. And do we open a corporate account with a bank now or wjen .
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 3:27pm On Oct 04, 2014
bolufelix:
HI STAG. IS THERE STILL GOING TO BE ANOTHER VISIT TO ABUJA AFTER D LEGAL AGREEMENT
?

Yes. The award ceremony. Not compulsory though.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 6:36pm On Oct 04, 2014
stagger:

Brother mi,

There was a lot of opposition to this program especially from some of the people who have held Nigerians hostage and who benefit from Nigerians not being empowered. GEJ stood his ground which is why the program stayed. When I see people criticizing him up and down I just laugh.

If he is re-elected (which I pray he is), there is every chance the program will continue, since it is his brainchild. If he loses, the program will be seen as a product of a previous administration and it will be jettisoned.

That is the cold hard fact of Nigerian politics.

You are right.

The opposition does not have a contender that is worthy of the fight. The election is less than 150 days away.

Politics aside, I think this programme has shown that some things can be done in Nigeria that are devoid of corruption. You do not need to know someone in the ministry of finance to have a chance.

Let's pray the scheme is not thrown away
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favoryourl(m): 8:31pm On Oct 04, 2014
bolufelix:
?
yeah you will be going to abuja for booth camp training about three times there about.
and let me quickly add that some group of persons will be called soon to abuja for the presidential award before the signing things. so when u are called be rest assured that u business plan is good
judging from youwin one. we were called for the award and all expenses fully paid. that was my first time of seeing p square and they sang chop my money.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by konos(f): 9:40pm On Oct 04, 2014
Does anyone know the pre-qualification before the first tranche is disbursed. And do we open a corporate account with a bank now or when.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 10:09am On Oct 05, 2014
favoryourl:

yeah you will be going to abuja for booth camp training about three times there about.
and let me quickly add that some group of persons will be called soon to abuja for the presidential award before the signing things. so when u are called be rest assured that u business plan is good
judging from youwin one. we were called for the award and all expenses fully paid. that was my first time of seeing p square and they sang chop my money.
I sent you an email concerning your proposal.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favoryourl(m): 1:55pm On Oct 05, 2014
blink182:
I sent you an email concerning your proposal.
yeah i have replied your mail though u did not specify the particular one u needed.
howbeit, you must understand that am ready to be of help where and when ever u need me free of charge.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favoryourl(m): 2:13pm On Oct 05, 2014
FOR BLOCK INDUSTRY

Q 1Briefly decribe your business. What products and/or services do you offer. What are your business objectives. FAVOR block industry is a cement block molding industry that will be involved in the Production and sales of building blocks of different sizes and shapes for masonry use. Cement blocks are widely use as a major construction materials and as such used in all residential , commercial,and industrial building construction. Our objectives includes;- Creating an image that is unique, differentiated, and definable in the mind of our customers by ensuring products quality, judgement like durability, performance features, reliability, safety, aesthetic, appearance are at the best.- Building of sales volume and brand value simultaneously to become the leading provider of cement blocks and services in Bernese town.

Q 2Why are you in this business? What are the advantages your products have over competitors.

Going into any business requires addressing a need. The ever increasing demand for new residential, office building to accommodate people has created a high demand for quality blocks. As a result of this demand a huge market gap has been created for possible exploitation by FAVOR blocks. Apart from my passion for the business, i have been involved in the business from child hood because my father is a veteran in the industry. So its like turning an interest or hobby into a business. Our products have the following as an advantage;- The quality and strength differentiation, cost effectiveness and versatility, appearance of our products separate us from the competition and will propel demand as we ramp up our marketing strategies.- Our core competency is the intellectual properties within the industry that are innovative will help our industry distinguish our block from its rivals as well as reduced its cost

Q 3Describe your target market and any segment in your Market. How do you plan to reach your target market segment.

Key factors were considered prior to the selecting of corporate market segment. The attractiveness of this segment is based on its profitability, growth potential, size of the market, risk associated with the market and the capacity of the business to serve the selected segment. FAVOR block shall target individuals building houses, government contractors, building contractors, civil engineers, development agencies, construction workers, and architect within the corporate arena. The industry plans to reach its target markets by; Working closely with distributors Making use of direct selling which include s, personal contact, personal selling,as well as advertisements and publicity.

Q 4Who are your major competitors, how do you intend to capture the market from your competitors. Our major competitors are not within the locality of the business, however, competition may arise from other blocks industry outside ONDO They include Donna blocks, Navarre blocks, Daniela blocks. Other competition may arise from close substitute like red bricks made from sand. We intend to capture the market from our competitors through our marketing effort that will be focused on identifying and understanding customers ever changing needs. The marketing effort i.e(market mix) will drive the customers value proposition of our products.- we will strive to ensure the quality and strength of our blocks are not compromised- we will use a combination of push and pull strategy to create awareness and appraise lead and sales- we will establish a unique selling advantage as we will look into all aspect of adding value in terms of customers intimacy and value base pricing.- our business will be located in the most convenient location for customers with a good access road and a communication network.- we will gather people who are best in the industry to work for us.

Q 5What are the risk involved in implementing your business. How do you intend to manage or reduce this risk. The risk includes;-

market risk:- Markets that are overly saturated with our products and potential customers are already locked up by competitors, it will be difficult to gain significant market share. FAVOR blocks will effectively manage this risks by performing a market analysis to determine potential market and uncovered customers need.-

management/­operational risk:- ineffective management can have adverse effects on sales efficiency, quality control and customer service. We plan to mitigate this by employing experienced and skilled labourers.-

financial risk:- this emanate from the fact that owners contributions is small as compared to the amount requested from external funders. This will be mitigated by seeking for grants and low or interest free loan.

- event/products risk:- events like rain, flood, adulterated cement, can have severe effect on the production process. We plan to mitigate this by producing much blocks that will be sold in raining season and acquisition of land that will not be affected by flood.

Q 6Briefly describe the operation process in your business.

1. The first step is business registration with CAC
2. Acquisition of space (land)
3. Sinking of borehole or well
4.Purchase of block molding machines and equipments, this includes;- vibrating block molding machine (mold blocks faster)- diesel generator (power supply)- cement mixer (needed for proper mixing of cement, sand and water)- Wooden pallet (seat that support cement block in the molding drying process)- Head pans and shovels(needed to carry sand)- supply vehicle(truck to deliver blocks to customers on building site)
5. Raw material need for cement block production. ( sand, cement and water)
6. Hiring of experience workers.
The production of blocks consist of three basic steps, mixing, molding and curing.

Q7What experience do you have to enable you manage this business. Include any relevant training and experience.As currently the manager of Dangers blocks, own by my uncle, it is imperative that i have an indepth understanding of the managerial duties and responsibilities in the industry. My duty is to oversee all the operations and practices of the industry. Added to it, I have been involved in the businee from child hood because my father is a veteran in the industry. So its like turning an interest or hobby into a business.

8How much money do you need to implement your business? How will you fund the business? What will the fund beused for? How and when the business Will make profit? Please show a summary of the break even.The money needed to implement this business is N7,451,400. Out of which252,000 thousand naira will be owners contribution.Part of The fund will be used in the purchase of capital machines and equipment while the remaining will be used for running operating expenses.It is envisage that the business will make profit after it has covered both the fixed and variable cost. This will be after7 months from the inception of the business.Total fixed cost = N 2,881,208Price per unit = N150Cost per unit =N 92Total revenue = N17,130,000 (10 months)Total cost = N10,506,400 (10 months)Contribution margin = N17,130,000 - N10,506,400= N6,623,600Contribution margin ratio = contributions margin ÷ revenue= N6,623,600 ÷ N17,130,000= 0.3866667Break-even (amount) = Fixed cost ÷ contribution margin ratio= N2,881,208 ÷ 0.3866667= N7,451,399.Break-even (units) = Break-even amount÷ cost per unit= N7,451,399 ÷ N150= 49,676 unitsAlternatively ;Breakeven (units) = fixed cost ÷ contribution= N2,881,208 ÷ (150 - 92)= 2,881,208 ÷ 58= 49,676 units.Break-even (Amount ) = Break even units × price per unit= 49,676 × 150= N7,451,400Aug 11

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 2:43pm On Oct 05, 2014
favoryourl:

yeah i have replied your mail though u did not specify the particular one u needed.
howbeit, you must understand that am ready to be of help where and when ever u need me free of charge.
I sent you 2 mails already. Please you can send other proposals you have. I will also need the first stage questions and how you answered them. The proposal you sent me was requesting for under N1m, was that proposal actually submitted?

I have told you the line of business I have in mind, please tell me what you think about it.

I have other internet businesses in mind, even businesses that need funding in billions but I want to work with a business that has an easy to understand market and how my business will come in with innovation to an already existing value chain that anyone can easily relate with including the youwin judges at any stage.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 2:54pm On Oct 05, 2014
favoryourl:
FOR BLOCK INDUSTRY

Q 1Briefly decribe your business. What products and/or services do you offer. What are your business objectives. FAVOR block industry is a cement block molding industry that will be involved in the Production and sales of building blocks of different sizes and shapes for masonry use. Cement blocks are widely use as a major construction materials and as such used in all residential , commercial,and industrial building construction. Our objectives includes;- Creating an image that is unique, differentiated, and definable in the mind of our customers by ensuring products quality, judgement like durability, performance features, reliability, safety, aesthetic, appearance are at the best.- Building of sales volume and brand value simultaneously to become the leading provider of cement blocks and services in Bernese town.

Q 2Why are you in this business? What are the advantages your products have over competitors.

Going into any business requires addressing a need. The ever increasing demand for new residential, office building to accommodate people has created a high demand for quality blocks. As a result of this demand a huge market gap has been created for possible exploitation by FAVOR blocks. Apart from my passion for the business, i have been involved in the business from child hood because my father is a veteran in the industry. So its like turning an interest or hobby into a business. Our products have the following as an advantage;- The quality and strength differentiation, cost effectiveness and versatility, appearance of our products separate us from the competition and will propel demand as we ramp up our marketing strategies.- Our core competency is the intellectual properties within the industry that are innovative will help our industry distinguish our block from its rivals as well as reduced its cost

Q 3Describe your target market and any segment in your Market. How do you plan to reach your target market segment.

Key factors were considered prior to the selecting of corporate market segment. The attractiveness of this segment is based on its profitability, growth potential, size of the market, risk associated with the market and the capacity of the business to serve the selected segment. FAVOR block shall target individuals building houses, government contractors, building contractors, civil engineers, development agencies, construction workers, and architect within the corporate arena. The industry plans to reach its target markets by; Working closely with distributors Making use of direct selling which include s, personal contact, personal selling,as well as advertisements and publicity.

Q 4Who are your major competitors, how do you intend to capture the market from your competitors. Our major competitors are not within the locality of the business, however, competition may arise from other blocks industry outside ONDO They include Donna blocks, Navarre blocks, Daniela blocks. Other competition may arise from close substitute like red bricks made from sand. We intend to capture the market from our competitors through our marketing effort that will be focused on identifying and understanding customers ever changing needs. The marketing effort i.e(market mix) will drive the customers value proposition of our products.- we will strive to ensure the quality and strength of our blocks are not compromised- we will use a combination of push and pull strategy to create awareness and appraise lead and sales- we will establish a unique selling advantage as we will look into all aspect of adding value in terms of customers intimacy and value base pricing.- our business will be located in the most convenient location for customers with a good access road and a communication network.- we will gather people who are best in the industry to work for us.

Q 5What are the risk involved in implementing your business. How do you intend to manage or reduce this risk. The risk includes;-

market risk:- Markets that are overly saturated with our products and potential customers are already locked up by competitors, it will be difficult to gain significant market share. FAVOR blocks will effectively manage this risks by performing a market analysis to determine potential market and uncovered customers need.-

management/­operational risk:- ineffective management can have adverse effects on sales efficiency, quality control and customer service. We plan to mitigate this by employing experienced and skilled labourers.-

financial risk:- this emanate from the fact that owners contributions is small as compared to the amount requested from external funders. This will be mitigated by seeking for grants and low or interest free loan.

- event/products risk:- events like rain, flood, adulterated cement, can have severe effect on the production process. We plan to mitigate this by producing much blocks that will be sold in raining season and acquisition of land that will not be affected by flood.

Q 6Briefly describe the operation process in your business.

1. The first step is business registration with CAC
2. Acquisition of space (land)
3. Sinking of borehole or well
4.Purchase of block molding machines and equipments, this includes;- vibrating block molding machine (mold blocks faster)- diesel generator (power supply)- cement mixer (needed for proper mixing of cement, sand and water)- Wooden pallet (seat that support cement block in the molding drying process)- Head pans and shovels(needed to carry sand)- supply vehicle(truck to deliver blocks to customers on building site)
5. Raw material need for cement block production. ( sand, cement and water)
6. Hiring of experience workers.
The production of blocks consist of three basic steps, mixing, molding and curing.

Q7What experience do you have to enable you manage this business. Include any relevant training and experience.As currently the manager of Dangers blocks, own by my uncle, it is imperative that i have an indepth understanding of the managerial duties and responsibilities in the industry. My duty is to oversee all the operations and practices of the industry. Added to it, I have been involved in the businee from child hood because my father is a veteran in the industry. So its like turning an interest or hobby into a business.

8How much money do you need to implement your business? How will you fund the business? What will the fund beused for? How and when the business Will make profit? Please show a summary of the break even.The money needed to implement this business is N7,451,400. Out of which252,000 thousand naira will be owners contribution. Part of The fund will be used in the purchase of capital machines and equipment while the remaining will be used for running operating expenses.It is envisage that the business will make profit after it has covered both the fixed and variable cost.

This will be after7 months from the inception of the business.

Total fixed cost = N 2,881,208

Price per unit = N150

Cost per unit =N 92

Total revenue = N17,130,000 (10 months)

Total cost = N10,506,400 (10 months)

Contribution margin = N17,130,000 - N10,506,400= N6,623,600

Contribution margin ratio = contributions margin ÷ revenue= N6,623,600 ÷ N17,130,000= 0.3866667

Break-even (amount) = Fixed cost ÷ contribution margin ratio= N2,881,208 ÷ 0.3866667= N7,451,399

Break-even (units) = Break-even amount÷ cost per unit= N7,451,399 ÷ N150= 49,676 units

Alternatively ;Breakeven (units) = fixed cost ÷ contribution= N2,881,208 ÷ (150 - 92)= 2,881,208 ÷ 58= 49,676 units

Break-even (Amount ) = Break even units × price per unit= 49,676 × 150= N7,451,400Aug 11
Superb! Please can we have your answers for the second stage questions.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favoryourl(m): 3:45pm On Oct 05, 2014
blink182:
Superb! Please can we have your answers for the second stage questions.

i just formatted my system not quite long after 2nd stage of youwin 3 with the impression that it was the final stage.
so can u kindly send me the questions so i cld work on them within a week. with the particular intended business
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 05, 2014
favoryourl:

i just formatted my system not quite long after 2nd stage of youwin 3 with the impression that it was the final stage.
so can u kindly send me the questions so i cld work on them within a week. with the particular intended business
if it will take that much effort then there is no need. I will wait until there's another programme then we can start discussing as you assist me with my proposal.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favoryourl(m): 5:33pm On Oct 06, 2014
ADVICE TO AWARDEES
If u are an awwardee u can go a step further by geting ur TIN number with FIRS to enable u open ur corporate account.(IT IS FREE)
just sugesting pls no ill feelings

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 5:35pm On Oct 06, 2014
favoryourl:
ADVICE TO AWARDEES
If u are an awwardee u can go a step further by geting ur TIN number with FIRS to enable u open ur corporate account.
just sugesting pls no ill feelings

Do we have designated banks?

Can we open with any bank of our choice?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favoryourl(m): 5:45pm On Oct 06, 2014
Denn:

Do we have designated banks?

Can we open with any bank of our choice?
EACH ZONE HAS IT DESIGNATED BANK
FOR NORTH WEST GT BANK
SOME NORTH CENTRAL SKY BANK JUST INQUIRE FROM PREVIOUS AWARDEE IN UR ZONE(GEOPOLITICAL)
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Derealme(m): 8:24pm On Oct 06, 2014
Donxavier:
Does anybody know about sourcing startup funding from The Bank of Industries?

pls, am also interested in sourcing startup dund frm BOI. Any info pls
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by konos(f): 8:26pm On Oct 06, 2014
Pls anybody past awardees from southeast? Can u tell us d designated bank for opening corporate account.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by chukwuka12: 8:42pm On Oct 06, 2014
Good evening all. I think we should hold on, on account opening for now, we will be advised on d bank to open an account with. The account can Be opened in one day. Any corporate account you open u must pay for search report which is about 4k to 5k depending on the bank. So hold on so dat u do it once.
However Favouryourl's advise on getting your TIN is welcomed.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by konos(f): 9:01pm On Oct 06, 2014
I think I agree with chukuka. We should hold off opening d account for now. But would try and get tin number grin

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by konos(f): 9:05pm On Oct 06, 2014
Starting a baby food manufacturing company using local material. Anybody have any idea wink
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 7:52am On Oct 07, 2014
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 9:21am On Oct 07, 2014
TIN reg tomorrow.

Picked up forms at the Agidingbi office last week.

Guys, please try to do it on time. They sometimes delay unnecessarily too... Turnaround time should be 24 hours though
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 07, 2014
Denn:
TIN reg tomorrow.

Picked up forms at the Agidingbi office last week.

Guys, please try to do it on time. They sometimes delay unnecessarily too... Turnaround time should be 24 hours though

Denn, is there a conflict of interest with you as regards the CBN/BOI SME funding for the manufacturing sector? You seem to be quiet about info on how it works.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favoryourl(m): 1:48pm On Oct 07, 2014
WORRIED by their inability to access its loans as a result of badly presented applications, the Bank of Industry (BoI), at the weekend, unfolded plans to partner Business Support firms (BSFs) to drive its intervention agenda in the small and mediumenterprises sector.Besides, the bank also expressed its resolve to explore new funding alternatives in a bid to realise its mandates, following the pressure, which has continued to mount on government’s resources in terms of financing.The bank noted that it was seeking new funds to make impactful contributions to Federal Government’s National Industrial Revolution Plan (NIRP) as well as serve the underserved, particularly the small and medium enterprises.Addressing journalists in Lagos on Friday, the Managing Director, BoI, Rasheed Olaoluwa, noted that the bank was developing strategies to improve stakeholders’ access to funds.“BoI is trying to achieve a balance in its functions as a development finance institution in terms of delivering social impact and maintaining a sustainable loan infrastructure.“We have met with Business Support Firms to address the large percentage of substandard loan applications as we have discovered that a good way out is to engage with BSFs who will receive the applications and help review them as they better understand how a bankable proposal should look like,” he said.He added that the SME sector would receive adequate attention from the development bank and their funding challenges addressedthrough concrete and visible steps.“Although we are confident that key shareholders in the NIRP initiative like the Ministry of Finance Incorporated and the Central Bank of Nigeria CBN, will continue to support the bank with some equity injection, but considering the fact that there is a lot of demand on government’s resources, we are exploring alternative modes of funding such as continuation of sector specific intervention funds by the CBN, Ministry of Agriculture, Solid Minerals and others; managed funds from various state governments and foundations; long-term loans at very low interest rates from multi-lateral/international development institutions,” he said.He added that BoI would also explore domestic and international bond issuance and other sustainable annuity sources that may become statutorily imperative in the medium to long term.He disclosed that in pursuance of the success of President Goodluck Jonathan’s transformation agenda, a major focal point ofthe bank was to help promote employment generation and wealth creation through access to development funds.“We have met with Business Support Firms BSFs to address the large percentage of substandard loan applications as we have discovered that a good way out is to engage with BSFs who will receive the applications and help review them as they better understand how a bankable proposal should look like,” he said.“As you are aware, our Honourable Minister in the Ministry of Industry Trade and Investment, Olusegun Aganga, is leading the efforts to industrialise Nigeria and to create millions of jobs in the process. At BoI, we’re passionate about these objectives,” he said.He said that he had also met and discussed with the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Dr. Akinwumi Adesina on issues relating to the various agricultural development funds managed by BoI as part of the minister’s efforts to transform Nigeria’s agricultural sector.“We are in agreement that there is room for wider collaboration between his ministry andBoI, especially in the area of financing the agricultural value chain,” he said.He unfolded the bank’s agenda to pursue good corporate governance; sharp focus on its core mandate; sound risk management and compliance; venture capital investments; partnerships and collaborations; customer service responsiveness and create linkages betweeninnovation and industry.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favoryourl(m): 1:58pm On Oct 07, 2014
Bank of Industry (BOI) : MSME Financial FacilitiesBank of Industry provides financial facilities to;Small, medium and large enterprises, excluding cottage industries.New or existing companies, seeking expansion, mordenisation or diversification.Credit worthy promoters who will be required to prove their commitment to the project by contributing at least 25% of the project cost excluding land.Borrowers whose management capability, financial situation (including availability of collateral and guarantee), character and reputation are incontrovertible.Clients with demonstrable ability to meet loan repayments.Borrowers with no record of unpaid loans to erstwhile development finance institutions and other banks.The process to kick start and access funds are through “3 Easy Steps”;
1.Write a formal application letter
2.Completion of BOI’s Questionnaire
3.Submission of Forms and the QuestionnaireTo download the forms and get all the necessary information required visit;
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by favoryourl(m): 2:46pm On Oct 07, 2014
BANK OF INDUSTRY LIMITED
Questionnaire for Cooperative Funding
(To be Completed by the Participant)
NAME OF COOPERATIVE SOCIETY:……………………………………………………………………
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
BANK OF INDUSTRY LIMITED
QUESTIONNAIRE FOR COOPERATIVE FUNDING
I: BACKGROUND INFORMATION:
1. Name of the Participant: …………………………………………………………...
2. Address of the Participant: ………………………………………………………. ………………………………………………………………………………………
3. Name of the Association: ………………………………………………………...... ………………………………………………………………………………………
4. Address of the association: ………………………………………………………... ………………………………………………………………………………………
5. Current or proposed site (location) address: …………………………………......... ………………………………………………………………………………………
6. Current or proposed product(s) or service(s): ……………………………………... …………………………...………………………………………………………….
7. Status (whether new or expansion): ……………………………………………......
8. How many years in the business: ………………………………………………...... ………….…………………………………………………………………………...
9. Age of the participant: ………………………………………………......................
10. Marital Status: ………………………………………………...................................
11. Educational Qualification(s): ………………………………………………............ ………………………………………………………...…………………………….
12. Work Experience-Places worked and period: ……………………………………... ……………………………………………………………………………………… ………………………………………………………………………………………
13. Participants Status in the Community, Associations amongst other information: .... ………………………………………………………………………………………
II: BUSINESS FEATURES:
a) Are you operating from a rented or own property? If rented premises, confirm rent per month: …………………………………………………………………………..
b) Existing contribution to business -- List and value of existing assets e.g land, buildings, items of equipment, vehicles, furniture items etc as at date: …………… ……………………………………………………………………………………….
c) Amount of Loan required from BOI: ……………………………………………….
d) What is the purpose of the Loan be - List the items and their values (attach invoices for the items to be bought, where available/applicable): ………………….………………………………………………………………………………………. ……………………………………………………………………………………….
e) Average Actual/Expected daily sales/income from business: …………………....... ………………………………………………………………………………………
f) Average Actual/Expected daily expenses on business: …………………………….
g) Average Actual/Expected daily margin on business: ………………………………
h) If given the Loan, how many months will it take for you to pay the loan and the interest?....................................................................................................................... .....................................................................................................................................
III- OPERATING COSTS:
a) How many workers employed or to be employed? ...................................................
b) Confirm salaries paid to the workers either monthly or whatever period: ………… ………………………………………………………………………………………
c) Confirm sources, quantities and value of raw materials/ingredients being used or to be used: ………………………………………………………………………….. ……………………………………………………………………………………… ………………………………………………………………………………………
d) Confirm amount being spent (or proposed for new business) on fuel/diesel, water and electricity on monthly basis: …………………………………………………...
IV- BANKING DETAILS:
a) Do you have a Bank Account? ...................................................................................
b) If yes, state the Bank’s name and how long you have been operating the account? ……………………………………………………………………………………… ………………………………………………………………………………………
c) Confirm if currently enjoying any Bank loan: …………………………………...…
d) If yes for (a) above, provide details such name of Bank, loan amount, interest, loan duration, security provided amongst other information:……………………………. ………………………………………………………………………………………. ……………………………………………………………………………………….

e) Provide copy of Bank Statement, where bank account exists.
V- MARKETING ARRANGEMENT:
a) Confirm average number of current customers/clients and the market prospects for the products/services: ………………………………………………………………. ………………………………………………………………………………………. ………………………………………………………………………………………. ……………………………………………………………………………………….
b) Provide names of major customers, where applicable: …………………………….. ………………………………………………………………………………………. ………………………………………………………………………………………. ………………………………………………………………………………………. ……………………………………………………………………………………….
c) Confirm prices (current or proposed) for products or services: ……………………. ………………………………………………………………………………………. ………………………………………………………………………………………. ……………………………………………………………………………………….
VI- OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION:
a) Provide any other relevant information on yourself and the business not covered in the above details: ……………………………………………………………….. ……………………………………………………………………………………… ……………………………………………………………………………………… ……………………………………………………………………………………… ……………………………………………………………………………………… ……………………………………………………………………………………… ………………………………………………………………………………………
Signature of Participant: …………………………………………………………………...
Position in the Organization: ………………………………………………………………
Date: ………………………………………………………………………………………..
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Denn(m): 4:14pm On Oct 07, 2014
Donxavier:

Denn, is there a conflict of interest with you as regards the CBN/BOI SME funding for the manufacturing sector? You seem to be quiet about info on how it works.

Lol.

Not really. I gave the summary here and also included the main working template from CBN.

I am involved in the CBN MSMEDF and that is why I made it known.

It must be reiterated that it is a lending platform that requires all the normal nuggets of commercial bank lending viz collateral, cash flow, character etc. The main difference is the interest rate (9% p.a.) and the tenor (up to 5 years.)

Existing business with growth trend and collateral can apply.

Normally, every bank with an SME desk should be able to package thr loan but I have found out that the knowledge is not spread.

Incase you are within lagos or ogun axis and you want us to discuss further, I can always be reached via a direct message.

I will leave the banking sector soon and would like to assist as many businesses as I can before I leave.

I have gotten some silent members of this forum hitting me mails on the subject and discussions are ongoing.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Olsey: 5:28pm On Oct 07, 2014
CONGRATULATIONS to all the winners.
And to those who were not selected, its just a start of something bigger. The exposure and experience acquired on the long road to this stage can never be taken from you. You've all come a long way...look forward to nothing but bigger achievements.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 08, 2014
Denn:

Lol.

Not really. I gave the summary here and also included the main working template from CBN.

I am involved in the CBN MSMEDF and that is why I made it known.

It must be reiterated that it is a lending platform that requires all the normal nuggets of commercial bank lending viz collateral, cash flow, character etc. The main difference is the interest rate (9% p.a.) and the tenor (up to 5 years.)

Existing business with growth trend and collateral can apply.

Normally, every bank with an SME desk should be able to package thr loan but I have found out that the knowledge is not spread.

Incase you are within lagos or ogun axis and you want us to discuss further, I can always be reached via a direct message.

I will leave the banking sector soon and would like to assist as many businesses as I can before I leave.

I have gotten some silent members of this forum hitting me mails on the subject and discussions are ongoing.

Thanks

I have PMed you lol.

There is a better one I think, but I need an experienced hand to help me go through the document. It's a CBN refinancing fund for strictly manufacturers, and I even think it's better than the Youwin. Was done by Sanusi 2010, but you know the way naija is now....info on these kinds of things very very scarce and you just have people in the know getting their people to benefit from it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (149) (Reply)

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.