Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,612 members, 7,955,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:39 PM

Domain Name Business - Business (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Domain Name Business (88638 Views)

*must Read* All You Need To Know About Domain Name Business / Have You Ever Tried Domain Name Selling Online Without Success? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (106) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 5:32am On Oct 28, 2013
lol cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Domain Name Business by UsaNumber: 3:34pm On Oct 28, 2013
Now you can get a US phone number that you can use to make and receive calls direct with your phone at http://www.usacallsms.com
Re: Domain Name Business by telexfree1: 3:29am On Oct 29, 2013
Good people here
Please where can I buy domain names for good price ? I have a credit card
I came across a Nigerian site that charges as high as 1800 naira.
I feel there should be cheaper ones out there
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 6:42am On Oct 29, 2013
telexfree1: Good people here
Please where can I buy domain names for good price ? I have a credit card
I came across a Nigerian site that charges as high as 1800 naira.
I feel there should be cheaper ones out there
Search for godaddy coupon on google. Then use the coupon to register a domain at godaddy.com
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 6:49pm On Oct 29, 2013
[size=20pt]WARNING:[/size] [size=25pt]How to Avoid Domain Scams and Scammers[/size]

[size=13pt]Prevention:[/size]

Google the domain (also try adding words like stolen, scammed, help, missing, etc), asking other domainers about the domain in question, checking the various marketplaces and making sure things add up... The biggest single indicator of a potential scam is the price. A scammer will want to price the domain low enough that it sells before he gets caught. Keep a watchful eye on new members. Recently modified whois is another warning sign. If other indicators are present (ex. extremely low price), proceed with extreme caution.

Some known scams:

1. Appraisal Scam -- If they ask for an appraisal, it's probably a scam.

2. Snail mail scam letters -- Letters through the mail reminding you to renew your domains from companies which aren't your current registrar

3. Compromised web-based email accounts and keyloggers -- Using an email provided to you by your Internet Service Provider is generally safer than web-based email solutions. There have been known security flaws in certain webmail applications in the past (ex. Gmail) which made compromising member accounts considerably easier than guessing a password. Understand the risks involved with using a web-based solution. Download spyware software such as Adaware Lavasoft and scan your computer daily. Keyloggers are A) easy to put on someone's computer and potentially catastrophic to a web based business.

4. Unauthorizing funds (particularly bad with Paypal). Paypal makes it very easy to create chargebacks. Don't accept large amounts by Paypal unless you're dealing with people you absolutely trust. Moneybookers/Escow.com are a step above Paypal, however the best option would be to go with a true escrow service such as Sedo Escrow, Moniker Domain Escrow Service or EscrowDNS.

5. Emails saying your domain requires renew/transfer/you to take a certain action. Check the email and make sure that A) it's from your registrar and the url mentioned matches what your registrar's would be. Safer to just visit the registrar than click the links in the email.

6. Incorrect Whois emails -- if your whois isn't incorrect, beware. Phone your registrar if you think they made a mistake.

7. Traffic/Click Fraud -- Self explanatory. If it isn't direct navigation it shouldn't be sold as such. Due diligence is required here.

8. Hijacking -- If you use one of your own domain names as the nameserver, be sure to make sure it doesn't expire or someone could fraudulently gain control of your domains.

9. Escrow.com is NOT 100% safe. They do not cover stolen domains -- buyer beware. Don't think processing a "bargain" through Escrow.com won't potentially end in you being out money. In the event a domain is stolen from someone's account, the domain WILL be returned to the original owner and you'll be out whatever you paid for the domain.

10. One thing I should add: Most free webmail providers will delete accounts after certain periods of inactivity. A clever scammer could notice that your Hotmail/Yahoo/other webmail account had expired, register that same email address (which is now available) and then proceed to "Request Password" at various registrars using what was previously your email address. If you plan on using your webmail infrequently, it's recommend you verify what amount of inactivity is tolerable and won't result in email account deletion.

Join this group and market your domain there https://www./644141232286210/
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 01, 2013
SRK.co $4000
YEC.co $ 7500
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 7:11am On Nov 01, 2013
POF.co $10500 !
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 9:55am On Nov 01, 2013
@dotcom am offering you $50 for ur horserent.com, dunno wats wrong wit ur yim, reply asap.
Re: Domain Name Business by mobiss(m): 10:01am On Nov 01, 2013
Pls any suggestion or advice on how to make my domain name a web page. i mean i want to develop it to a One-page website MYSELF.

Kindly suggest any FREE web designing package or site.
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 11:12am On Nov 01, 2013
gcfr.com:
@dotcom am offering you $50 for ur horserent.com, dunno wats wrong wit ur yim, reply asap.

lol, am there
Re: Domain Name Business by Tbken: 1:44am On Nov 02, 2013
mobiss: Pls any suggestion or advice on how to make my domain name a web page. i mean i want to develop it to a One-page website MYSELF.

Kindly suggest any FREE web designing package or site.
try web.com or wix.com
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 1:45am On Nov 02, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me:

lol, am there
since you didn't reply-i ve cancelled the offer. cheesy
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 3:41am On Nov 02, 2013
gcfr.com:
since you didn't reply-i ve cancelled the offer. cheesy

I don reply u na cheesy
Re: Domain Name Business by OXCUBA: 8:36am On Nov 02, 2013
Re: Domain Name Business by mobiss(m): 9:47am On Nov 02, 2013
@tbken and gcfr thanks for the reply to my questions.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 10:07am On Nov 02, 2013
http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?p=4563841#post4563841
A rare sighting of @Mrnesty on namepros cheesy
Re: Domain Name Business by OXCUBA: 10:25am On Nov 02, 2013
Sorry, but you are not of proper age to view this forum. You must be at least 18 years old.
gcfr.com:
http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?p=4563841#post4563841
A rare sighting of @Mrnesty on namepros cheesy
Re: Domain Name Business by Tbken: 10:59am On Nov 02, 2013
mobiss: @tbken and gcfr thanks for the reply to my questions.
you welcme BRO
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 02, 2013
mobiss: @tbken and gcfr thanks for the reply to my questions.
anytime bro.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 02, 2013
OXCUBA: Sorry, but you are not of proper age to view this forum. You must be at least 18 years old.
haha..
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 2:15pm On Nov 02, 2013
If u have Unwanted domains from 5 upward

Can buy for $1 each
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 04, 2013
Can a newly registered domain be listed forsale without appraisal?
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 04, 2013
Mrcdorv: Can a newly registered domain be listed forsale without appraisal?
yes
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 9:16am On Nov 05, 2013
It's Akeemag's birthday. Let's wish him Happy Birthday.

Happy Birthday to you bro. Make God prolong your days and sweeten it with favour, mercy, good health and prosperity.

Your enemies will live to see you rise
Re: Domain Name Business by xsay(m): 7:26am On Nov 06, 2013
made-in-nigeria.comĀ 1,200USD

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 4:56pm On Nov 06, 2013
xsay: made-in-nigeria.comĀ 1,200USD
this domain was first regd 2004, and was dropped n re-regd again last year. I wonder who get am, good name.
Re: Domain Name Business by mobiss(m): 6:33pm On Nov 06, 2013
Hi folks!
I have this keyword domain with 70 volume search on google keyword planner and estibot value of $195. Is it worth investing on? Kindly advice.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 6:46pm On Nov 06, 2013
dotcom_na_me_na_me: If u have Unwanted domains from 5 upward

Can buy for $1 each
u dae so
Re: Domain Name Business by dotcomnamename: 12:21pm On Nov 07, 2013
How market domainers grin
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 09, 2013
cheesy some people just made their first ever domain sale, to them I say: congrats!

1 Like

Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 09, 2013
Pls i need your opinion on this domain faqandchat.com sud i develop it to a full site or can it make a good sale if i list it.
Re: Domain Name Business by Nobody: 7:13pm On Nov 09, 2013
Pls i need your opinion on this domain faqandchat.com sud i develop it to a full site or can it make a good sale if i list it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (106) (Reply)

A Nigerian Man's Business In South Africa In Pictures / Abdulmunaf Yunusa Sarina And His 16 Daughters (Photos) / Why Dangote Closed His Tomato Factory And Lessons You Can Learn From It

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.