Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,522 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:54 PM

Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie (1837 Views)

Northern Leaders Conspired To Sabotage Jonathan – Umeh / Anambra Poll Results: Ekwunife Sacks Ngige From Senate, Humbles Victor Umeh / Oshiomhole: Needless Grandstanding Over Phcn Privatization (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by Clerverly: 7:22pm On Aug 05, 2013
NATIONAL Chairman of United Progressives Party, UPP, Chief Chekwas Okorie has described the purported suspension of Governor Rochas Okorocha by the leadership of the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, as a mere grandstanding by the National Chairman of the party, Chief Victor Umeh.
APGA in its National Executive Council, NEC, meeting at the weekend in Abuja had announced the suspension of governor Okorocha from the party for alleged anti-party activities.
Reacting to the suspension, Chief Okorie who was the founding father of APGA before party intrigues pushed out told Vanguard that the action of APGA was laughable as the Imo State Governor had never left anybody in doubt over his decamping to the newly registered All Progressives Congress, APC, over alleged factionalization of the party.
He said, “My reaction is that, it is an action that smirks of grandstanding and cheap publicity because Rochas okorocha has not left anybody in doubt that as to moving on to another party. Because of one of the reasons for decamping, the law allows which is fractionalization and nobody can doubt that APGA is not factionalized.
“He has gone out with all his people. Umeh’s reaction is based on the use of APGA logo to depict the faction of APGA that joined the APC. I wonder what he intends to achieve by that, I do not see anything, he has added no mileage, it appears he enjoys putting APGA on the pages of newspapers for wrong reason.
“I don’t see Rochas Okorocha side not replying to him. May be that is what he enjoys, you are suspending somebody that has already established in another party, all his people have taken position in APC Rochas Okoracha’s man is the Vice Chairman of APC in the whole South East.
“Rochas Okorocha’s man is the National Organizing Secretary of APC, Rochas Okorocha’s man is the Deputy Chairman of APC in the whole of Southern part of Nigeria, so if they are so entrenched in APC, what is the meaning of the suspension, to me it is most unintelligence and inelegance, just grandstanding,” he stated.
Okorie who noted that the government of Imo State had gone to APC, said that there was no genuine reconciliation in APGA as claimed recently by the party chairman Umeh and the State Governor of Anambra State, Mr. Peter Obi/
He said, “The point is that the government of Imo state is now APC government. Is there a reconciliation of the contending forces in APGA or is there a reconciliation between two kinsmen Obi and Umeh and I do not know how the media will think that the peace move between Obi and Umeh is equal to reconciliation of the leadership crisis in APGA without withdrawing the matters in court, without taking Maxi Okwu and his executives along.
“These are the people who are holding to the claim that INEC monitored the convention that threw them up, so those matters are in Supreme Court, so how do you reconcile when these issues are still in court, it is all deceit.
“Let me tell you, the fact is that, any person that is nominated by Umeh, his nomination will remain contentious until the matters in court are resolved and all the political parties contesting for election in Anambra state will challenge that nomination for bringing to contest with them somebody that was not validly nominated, once nomination is over Umeh and his party should expect litigation from other parties including UPP.
“APGA has no more base in Imo state, it has to start from the very scratch because the government that was supposed to be APGA government is now APC government. APC can count the number of governors it has, it has increased by one that is the fact of the situation on ground. APC government has increased by one.
“APGA government has reduced by one and so in a state like that, whatever is left of APGA will start from the scratch and then, they are going to start from the backdrop of the party that has sold out on those who gave it mandate because people of Imo state did not troop out to go and vote for APC so the APGA now is seriously encumbered in Imo state because you have to explain the apparent sell out before you will begin to ask the people of Imo to consider you for subsequent elections,” he stated
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/okorochas-suspension-umehs-only-grandstanding-okorie/
Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by Onlytruth(m): 8:45pm On Aug 05, 2013
There is nothing wrong with starting from scratch in politics. Must we follow our leaders to hell if they insist on going to hell? Before now, I was not sure whether APC was good or bad for Ndigbo, but ever since Dr Ngige sided with Fashola over illegal deportations of Ndigbo from Lagos, and with the deafening silence of Okorocha over the same issue, I became convinced that APC cannot defend Igbo interest. As a matter of fact, PDP might even be better in that department.
I do not hide that I prefer APGA to unite SE in one political family/destiny, but I was open to any ideas of any party doing us good, until Fashola of APC struck!
So I say ANYTHING BUT APC! Hoohaa!

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by Clerverly: 9:09pm On Aug 05, 2013
Onlytruth: There is nothing wrong with starting from scratch in politics. Must we follow our leaders to hell if they insist on going to hell? Before now, I was not sure whether APC was good or bad for Ndigbo, but ever since Dr Ngige sided with Fashola over illegal deportations of Ndigbo from Lagos, and with the deafening silence of Okorocha over the same issue, I became convinced that APC cannot defend Igbo interest. As a matter of fact, PDP might even be better in that department.
I do not hide that I prefer APGA to unite SE in one political family/destiny, but I was open to any ideas of any party doing us good, until Fashola of APC struck!

Hypocrite!
Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by Onlytruth(m): 9:10pm On Aug 05, 2013
Clerverly:

Hypocrite!

I said the truth.
TRUTH HURTS. cool
Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by Demdem(m): 9:26pm On Aug 05, 2013
Okorie spoke well. The truth is there is no future in APGA. It's dying having surrendered its soul to the killer party. Rochas has chosen a wise path for the good of his people and they will surely not regret it.
Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by nduchucks: 9:40pm On Aug 05, 2013
@onlytruth, one would have thought by now you would have become less tribalistic and more politically savvy.

Since when did Fashola's actions equate those of APC's? mumu

1 Like

Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by Onlytruth(m): 9:49pm On Aug 05, 2013
ndu_chucks: @onlytruth, one would have thought by now you would have become less tribalistic and more politically savvy.

Since when did Fashola's actions equate those of APC's? mumu

It equated it when TWO of our TOP APC members supported (one in speech, the other in quiet acquiescence) the action of illegal deportation of Ndigbo from Lagos. At that point, FASHOLA = APC =NGIGE =OKOROCHA

These Igbo APC members had ample opportunity to distance from that open illegality meted out against THEIR OWN PEOPLE; they chose party over people.

I thought you are smart enough to know that ALL POLITICS IS LOCAL.

So shaddapp dia osiso.
Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by Abagworo(m): 9:52pm On Aug 05, 2013
Onlytruth:

It equated it when TWO of our TOP APC members supported (one in speech, the other in quiet acquiescence) the action of illegal deportation of Ndigbo from Lagos. At that point, FASHOLA = APC =NGIGE =OKOROCHA

These Igbo APC members had ample opportunity to distance from that open illegality meted out against THEIR OWN PEOPLE; they chose party over people.

So shaddapp dia osiso.

I hope you know that many Igbos are moving to APC. It is always good to do what is right and leave sentiments.
Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by Onlytruth(m): 9:55pm On Aug 05, 2013
Abagworo:

I hope you know that many Igbos are moving to APC. It is always good to do what is right and leave sentiments.

And I also hope you know that A LOT of Igbo are staying put in APGA. As a matter of fact A WHOLE LOT of Imo citizens will not move to APC with Okorocha. This is all thanks for fashola's fascism.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by Abagworo(m): 10:04pm On Aug 05, 2013
Onlytruth:

And I also hope you know that A LOT of Igbo are staying put in APGA. As a matter of fact A WHOLE LOT of Imo citizens will not move to APC with Okorocha. This is all thanks for fashola's fascism.

Why are you all about this ethnic issue? Most Imo people will support what is right and not based on tribal sentiments. APGA was founded by Chekwas Okorie and was never really a consensus party of Igbos but it would have been a key to unity if not for our normal selfishness and pride. For the sake of those who didn't know Late Odumegwu Ojukwu was a member of ANPP and joined APGA later.
Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by Onlytruth(m): 10:10pm On Aug 05, 2013
Abagworo:

Why are you all about this ethnic issue? Most Imo people will support what is right and not based on tribal sentiments. APGA was founded by Chekwas Okorie and was never really a consensus party of Igbos but it would have been a key to unity if not for our normal selfishness and pride. For the sake of those who didn't know Late Odumegwu Ojukwu was a member of ANPP and joined APGA later.

And why are you always trying to cast politically enlightened umu Igbo as "tribalist" on issues you cannot wrap your mind around? Your inability to comprehend an issue does not give you the right to brand others what they are not.
If you cannot understand a topic, simply ask those enlightened enough to explain it, not trying to foist your shortsightedness and limitations on others.

Most Imo citizens that I have interacted with are even far more Igbo nationalists than some of us can ever be.
Believe me, this fashola deportation angers them far more than you seemingly comprehend.
And yes APC did it!

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by nduchucks: 10:10pm On Aug 05, 2013
Onlytruth:

It equated it when TWO of our TOP APC members supported (one in speech, the other in quiet acquiescence) theye action of illegal deportation of Ndigbo from Lagos. At that point, FASHOLA = APC =NGIGE =OKOROCHA

So shaddapp dia osiso.
You, like many of your leaders in the East are politically immature and are quite swift in exhibiting tantrums which are unhelpful to your causes.

Like play like play, APC will win the Presidential election and capture a few states in your neighborhood, rendering your likes even more impotent and less powerful.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by Onlytruth(m): 10:15pm On Aug 05, 2013
ndu_chucks:
You, like many of your leaders in the East are politically immature and are quite swift in exhibiting tantrums which are unhelpful to your causes.

Like play like play, APC will win the Presidential election and capture a few states in your neighborhood, rendering your likes even more impotent and less powerful.

As long as APC is defeated in Anambra state (and hopefully Imo state in next guber polls) I do not care if they take heaven. An APC governor deported us from Lagos, and our APC brothers support that.
The rest is irrelevant.
If we are serious about surviving in Nigeria, we must ensure they never win our votes.
The only thing we have is our votes.

APC is crawling with all manner of "dogs and baboons" -paraphrasing their leader.
Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by Clerverly: 10:15pm On Aug 05, 2013
ndu_chucks:

Fixed!
Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by nduchucks: 10:20pm On Aug 05, 2013
Clerverly:
Fixed!

Ibu onye ara?
Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by Clerverly: 10:25pm On Aug 05, 2013
Onlytruth:

As long as APC is defeated in Anambra state (and hopefully Imo state in next guber polls) I do not care if they take heaven. An APC governor deported us from Lagos, and our APC brothers supports that.
The rest is irrelevant.
If we are serious about surviving in Nigeria, we must ensure they never win our votes.
The only thing we vote is our votes.

APC is crawling with all manner of "monkeys and baboons" -paraphrasing their leader.

Eze ndi ara! Whoever made you a leader of ndigbo in this forum must be hiding in shame smh! You are really exhibiting traits of Omata kind of leader while at the same time working for your pocket. However you would very be shocked with the results of Anambra and Imo states after their respective guber elections! You people said more than these during the last senatorial election yet Ngige (onwa) dusted your azz and now you are at it eze mkpi.
Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by Onlytruth(m): 10:29pm On Aug 05, 2013
Clerverly:

Eze ndi ara! Whoever made you a leader of ndigbo in this forum must be hiding in shame smh! You are really exhibiting traits of Omata kind of leader while at the same time working for your pocket. However you would very be shocked with the results of Anambra and Imo states after their respective guber elections! You people said more than these during the last senatorial election yet Ngige (onwa) dusted your azz and now you are at it eze mkpi.

Ezi ofia. It is nkapi like you that kill Igboland from within.
I am NOT YOUR Eze because YOU are nkapi.
The people I lead know me and I know them.
Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by rosebowl01(m): 10:49pm On Aug 05, 2013
And why did you think you need to take the pains to explain your personal preference to us? Who cares?

Onlytruth: There is nothing wrong with starting from scratch in politics. Must we follow our leaders to hell if they insist on going to hell? Before now, I was not sure whether APC was good or bad for Ndigbo, but ever since Dr Ngige sided with Fashola over illegal deportations of Ndigbo from Lagos, and with the deafening silence of Okorocha over the same issue, I became convinced that APC cannot defend Igbo interest. As a matter of fact, PDP might even be better in that department.
Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by Onlytruth(m): 10:56pm On Aug 05, 2013
But come to think of it, is it really this HARD for certain people to imagine advocacy, or support to, a political electoral candidate/cause without them imagining a COMPENSATION, BRIBE or PAYMENT of sorts?

What happened to BELIEF in someone or something/cause? So every leader must PAY MONEY before he is allowed to lead, and every cause must come with money? Is that how low Nigeria has sunk? I honestly hope not.

Igboland is crawling with all manner of strange FOREIGN animals which must be smoked out and chased away before we can move forward.
In ALL my life as a political activist, NO ONE, repeat NO ONE has EVER paid me for support or such. Most times they know me enough not to offer it because they know it would be promptly turned down (right from my university student politics/activism days) -they understand that in my worldview, NO ONE CAN EVER PAY FOR MY SERVICE.

Why is this hard for certain people to wrap their minds around?
Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by Onlytruth(m): 10:59pm On Aug 05, 2013
rosebowl01: And why did you think you need to take the pains to explain your personal preference to us? Who cares?

I wasn't explaining to you, I was saying my mind.
You understand that forums are for such, right? People are here to say their minds, and I said mine.
Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by CyberG: 11:32pm On Aug 05, 2013

I am sure you know it is a lie like people don't know that from DAY 1, Ibos have always hated the APC! It does not matter what they did or did not, the fact that the strategists, founders and intellectual brain engines of the party started in the SW and North (Buhari especially), it was enough to hate the party well before registration! Only a paranoid hates what does not even exists yet and that is what you people did! Stop lying and embarrassing yourself though. While I wish you well in your APGA, all that I care about now and millions of people in the SW who are so disgusted by the ingratitude of the ibos we allowed to return back our lands, live and thrive, Professor Wole Soyinka who spent 22 months of his precious life in prison for standing up for biafra (his personal convictions), only to be insulted by the ibos because of a hippo first lady and husband who did not spend 1 day of their life fighting for this democracy, not to mention the god-like legend Chief Obafemi Awolowo and now Governor Fashola and the very last of the Yoruba baby who has been insulted by the "amala and oil soup" of your MASSOB, enough is enough - You must leave our lands! Go to the Hausaland if you want but you are no longer welcome! Vote PDP or APGA, we don't care at all!

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by Demdem(m): 3:06am On Aug 06, 2013
This eze rubbish of nairaland is really daft sha. He sounds really daft. Only the foolish won't see through his deceit.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by oshyno(m): 7:21am On Aug 06, 2013
One man mopol.Onlytruth av gat your back.
What is wrong with someone having his own believe system or is that against the law of the land. We all cant have same believe and it is imperative we respect each others believe.Hold yours without insulting other people's intelligence.
Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by Nobody: 7:50am On Aug 06, 2013
I thought Chekwas Okorie has left APGA for UNPP?

He is welcome to come back and make peace with others if he is still interested in the party.

There is no point commenting on issues that affect a party you are no longer a member of.

But the South East needs all to move into APGA in the interest of the people so he is welcome back home anytime.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by Nobody: 8:21am On Aug 06, 2013
APC will never win the presidential elections in Nigeria!! Mark my words,it would not even make more than 5% in any SS/SE state.It would also fail woefully in the middle belt.ANPP made similar noise after the merging of APP and UNCP but we all know how they ended up.

Buhari is and will remain a serial election looser!! Fashola who is touted to become his running mate has further depleted his party's chances with his highly ignoble act of deportation of fellow citizens.

The APC is doomed for failure,the earlier people get that into their head,the better for them.
Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by Abagworo(m): 8:35am On Aug 06, 2013
mikeansy: I thought Chekwas Okorie has left APGA for UNPP?

He is welcome to come back and make peace with others if he is still interested in the party.

There is no point commenting on issues that affect a party you are no longer a member of.

But the South East needs all to move into APGA in the interest of the people so he is welcome back home anytime.

Chekwas Okorie founded APGA in Aba but people write today like it was an Igbo consensus party. Ojukwu was in ANPP then but later joined APGA for Presidential ticket.
Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by Ngwakwe: 8:46am On Aug 06, 2013
Respect yourself for once

Abagworo:
[s]
Chekwas Okorie founded APGA in Aba but people write today like it was an Igbo consensus party. Ojukwu was in ANPP then but later joined APGA for Presidential ticket.[/s]
Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by Dereformer(m): 8:51am On Aug 06, 2013
ndu_chucks:

This can never happen in today's Nigeria.

Fashola's action has summarily killed APC in the east.

Mark my words, no APC member will win any election in the eastern part of Nigeria.

My advice to Ngige, who happen to be the most preferred candidate in Anambra State governorship election, is leave APC now or be disgraced.

Tempers are currently running very high in Anambra over the deportation saga.
Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by Abagworo(m): 9:00am On Aug 06, 2013
Ngwakwe: Respect yourself for once

Chief does it mean you didn't know?

www.mydailynewswatchng.com/2013/08/04/apga-is-my-legacy-not-ojukwus-chekwas-okorie/
Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by kokoA(m): 9:09am On Aug 06, 2013
I wonder what the perceived "deportation of igbos" has to do with APC? Seriously, I hardly understand how some easterners reason when it comes to politics. So two states cannot have a little misunderstanding again? Must everything be related to politics?
Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by Demdem(m): 9:27am On Aug 06, 2013
Ngwakwe: Respect yourself for once

Deeper lifer, that was no lie. Ojukwu was "frolicking" with abokis when APGA came into existence. It was never Ojukwus initiative.
Re: Okorocha’s Suspension: Umeh’s Only Grandstanding – Okorie by Nobody: 9:32am On Aug 06, 2013
The debate should not be about how APGA was founded

But the most important issue now is that the East needs a political party that will carry the aspirations of the South East people.

I dont see how APC can be that party

Once again Chekwas Okorie is welcome back to APGA!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Have South-south And South East Governors Done In 2013? / Washington Post disagrees with GEJ Over Use Of Bring Back Hashtag For Campaign / Former Gov Of Bayelsa State Alamieyeseigha's Son Commits Suicide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.