Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,545 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

N1bn Bribery Scandal: Has Imolites Forgotten? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N1bn Bribery Scandal: Has Imolites Forgotten? (932 Views)

Imolites Storm Freedom Falls; Appreciate Gov. Okorocha (photos) / A Group Of Imolites Protests Against Jega / Imolites Are Difficult To Govern – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N1bn Bribery Scandal: Has Imolites Forgotten? by zenith7(m): 9:46pm On Aug 05, 2013
It still baffles me that up till now, the people of Imo State have still been denied the truth about whathappened to over N1billion of ourmoney given to Joseph Dina as well as the truth over the allegation against the former Deputy Governor of Imo State Sir Jude Agbaso. It has been months since the ugly scandal that rocked the entire state and made nationalheadlines but up till date, Imolites have still been denied the truth of that matter.
The questions still remains, whereis the road Joseph Dina was paid over N1billion upfront for? If the road was not constructed, where is our money? Was the amount paid justifiable to the road expected to be constructed? Whatis the true relationship between our governor Owelle Rochas Okorocha with Joseph Dina? Why was a man with no record in roadconstruction awarded such hefty contract? What happened to the JPros equipment not worth up to N100million supposedly seized by the state government? Were we able to recover the N1billion+ from the sales oof those equipment or had they somehow ended up in the possesion of companies like Roche (supposedlyowned by Owelle) or Weedis (owned by Uwajumogu)? Did Sir Jude Agbaso take the money he was accused of? If he didn't as heclaims, where is the money? Why was Sir Jude hurriedly impeached from office? Why were some officials of the Owelle administration detained and questioned by EFCC and why, if Sir Jude is guilty, has the EFCC not arrested him? Isn't it the duty of the state government to prosecute Sir Jude for corruption?Why is the reverse now the case that Sir Jude is the one taking the state government to court to prove his innocence? Why have Owelle been dodgy about the whole issue? What does he know about it? Was it really a plot hatched to kick Sir Jude out of office because Owelle could no longer honor the deal he made with Sir Jude's brother Martin Agbaso? These and many more questions on this very matter have been begging for answers and the people of Imo State deserve to know the truth.
A timely response to the questions raised will go a long way in clearing the air of the impression in virtually every Imolites mind that Governor Owelle not really the architect of Sir Judes tribulations. It is also the right of the people of Imo State tobe told the whole truth about the matter and let us know if an innocent man was wrongfully accused of a crime and set up for what he knew nothing about.
For a state which in recent times have had more EFCC visitations all connected to one allegation of fraud and corruption or the other,it would be a great relief to the people if the Agbaso riddle is finally unravelled and if the man isindeed innocent as he claims, let the law bring down all those involved in denying him his mandate. If on thhe other hand he took the money, let the full weight of the law descend on himbut all we demand for is that the truth be made known to us.
Re: N1bn Bribery Scandal: Has Imolites Forgotten? by lomprico(m): 9:48pm On Aug 05, 2013
Una governor na heavy 419er na!
Re: N1bn Bribery Scandal: Has Imolites Forgotten? by Abagworo(m): 9:55pm On Aug 05, 2013
APGA Godfathers stole the money in broad daylight but because of their PDP affiliation I don't expect any actions. They are rather interested in how the LGA allocations are spent like its only Imo State that use LGA allocations to support projects.
Re: N1bn Bribery Scandal: Has Imolites Forgotten? by bestview: 10:11pm On Aug 05, 2013
Okorosha is a criminal with very thick skin. Was it not the same way he converts Red Cross funds to his pocket. The guy has been a known fraud all his life. The same 1billion he accused Agbaso of stealing was traced to his commissioner's account which has direct link to him. Imo state is so unlucky to have this criminal as a gov. I pray they get it right in 2015, if this guy does not run the state into the ground by then.
Re: N1bn Bribery Scandal: Has Imolites Forgotten? by zenith7(m): 10:14pm On Aug 05, 2013
Abagworo: APGA Godfathers stole the money in broad daylight but because of their PDP affiliation I don't expect any actions. They are rather interested in how the LGA allocations are spent like its only Imo State that use LGA allocations to support projects.
Really? So who is Joseph Dina to Owelle? I guess he is a godfather in APGA, right? I'm not as gullible as you and other okorocha's agent think i am. Check next door.

1 Like

Re: N1bn Bribery Scandal: Has Imolites Forgotten? by mike404(m): 10:20pm On Aug 05, 2013
lomprico: Una governor na heavy 419er na!
Re: N1bn Bribery Scandal: Has Imolites Forgotten? by Abagworo(m): 10:47pm On Aug 05, 2013
zenith7:
Really? So who is Joseph Dina to Owelle? I guess he is a godfather in APGA, right? I'm not as gullible as you and other okorocha's agent think i am. Check next door.

Who is Joseph Dina? I only know of one Jude Agbaso that hurriedly paid a contractor and cut some percentage from the money. You can enlighten us more on what we don't know. Infact the inability of EFCC to arrest Agbaso shows a clear case of Presidential conections as witnessed in. What happened in Rivers State recently.
Re: N1bn Bribery Scandal: Has Imolites Forgotten? by touch4mony: 1:12am On Aug 06, 2013
Abagworo:

Who is Joseph Dina? I only know of one Jude Agbaso that hurriedly paid a contractor and cut some percentage from the money. You can enlighten us more on what we don't know. Infact the inability of EFCC to arrest Agbaso shows a clear case of Presidential conections as witnessed in. What happened in Rivers State recently.
he who supports evil will nvr see gud in live,this ppl dont pay u and they dont knw u exist.

(1) (Reply)

Does Peter Obi Have Secrets To Hide? / Weird Things Banned By The Government / Gov. Suntai To Undergo Fitness Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.