Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,930 members, 7,817,720 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) (27356 Views)

Diezani Alison-madueke Celebrates 55th Birthday Today / Governor Fayose's 55th Birthday Cake (Photo) / Shehu Shagari's 90th Birthday Party (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 06, 2013
biafranqueen: The same freedom fighters that polluted the whole delta region while stealing oil, that oil they are pilfering has killed off all the sea life and has destroyed the fresh water rivers and streams, that honest men and women used to fish. The same Creek brothers that took the money and built mansions? Ok so thats how you got ur Billions wink

Under natural laws by the Gods, the resources input on topographies are meant for the inhabiting demographies. Niger Delta Oil is meant for Niger Deltans so in Gods' reasoning, no Niger Deltan can be called Oil Thief. No one can be accused of stealing his own thing. Fresh water pollution is a cause for concern, its largely attributed to Shell BP. I am not sure you have been to Niger Delta or even seen what an Oil well looks like. I have 14 oil wells in my LGA and one about 50 meters from my house in the village. So, give me some credit, cos I am one of the people funding Nigeria with my natural resource.

Ibori is in jail yes, for fraud, not for murder. He is a good man, even the devil has his goodness and even God has his evilness.

3 Likes

Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by amtheone(m): 10:49am On Aug 06, 2013
Where is the celebrant?
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by biafranqueen: 10:50am On Aug 06, 2013
Ifykns: If you have not cheated anybody ones, raise up your hand lets see. Haters make una go hit una head for rock. if some people are given just one month to govern their states, they will do worst things compared to what Ibori did. Common birthday some people are running their mouth. Wait and see what will happen when James Onanefe Ibori (Odidigborigbo 1 of Africa) lands Naija and the BIG HEART. It will be celebrated like a carnival. Al mustapha's own go be small. Nor try am o.
Wow really please show me pictures of what he did for Delta State so I can keep quite
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by firstolalekan(m): 10:51am On Aug 06, 2013
pcnwamadi: 99% of u idiots here callin ibori names, if elected into office will do worse.. pot calling kettle black.. cowards..

and ua a foool. ur useless corrupt father must die in kirikiricry cry cry
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by biafranqueen: 10:55am On Aug 06, 2013
Billyonaire:

Under natural laws by the Gods, the resources input on topographies are meant for the inhabiting demographies. Niger Delta Oil is meant for Niger Deltans so in Gods' reasoning, no Niger Deltan can be called Oil Thief. No one can be accused of stealing his own thing. Fresh water pollution is a cause for concern, its largely attributed to Shell BP. I am not sure you have been to Niger Delta or even seen what an Oil well looks like. I have 14 oil wells in my LGA and one about 50 meters from my house in the village. So, give me some credit, cos I am one of the people funding Nigeria with my natural resource.

Ibori is in jail yes, for fraud, not for murder. He is a good man, even the devil has his goodness and even God has his evilness.
Maybe you benefited from the oil but the poor people that used the area to fish and drink water are Sh*t out of luck! The oil that is taken from BP is never properly plugged. Trust me I am not happy that POOR Deltans are not benefiting from the oil reserve's. I give nobody a pass not even my own blood that is stealing from the masses. Being greedy when the resources and the money is in abundance but only a select few benefit.

I understand how you feel about BP Shell but our greedy leaders are benefiting big time. The majority of the oil that is spilled is from broken lines. You guys deserve all of it but it killed the environment!

Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by Abee79(m): 10:58am On Aug 06, 2013
Only in Naija! I love this country cool
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by nijanigga: 10:58am On Aug 06, 2013
carmenblandish: ROUND UP ALL THESE IDJUTS AND ARREST THEM....NA THEM DEY HIDE ALL THE MONI IBORI TIF

WHICH KIND CONTRI BE THIS EEEEEEEEEEEEE
Who tell you say Nigeria is a country? well, if it is, you can see the kinds of people inside.
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by roxell120(m): 10:59am On Aug 06, 2013
danny301:

Some of you have problem with objectivity and sincerity. Ibori may be a criminal (and perhaps not the worst in Nigeria) yet he is somebody's son, husband, father, brother, uncle, cousin etc and such person(s) can thank God for his (Ibori's) life regardless of whether he is in prison or not and that does not necessarily mean that such persons are justifying his deeds but identifying with him even in the days of his troubles and that to me is sincerity on the part of his relatives and friends.

I'm sure Ibori is not worst than some of the politicians that some persons here are dying to defend and the fact that they are not as unfortunate as Ibori or Alamisie does not change the fact a their corrupt practices which are crystal clear are as bad as that of Ibori. President Jonathan's wife had case of money laundry when the husband was the Governor of Bayesa state but it was slept under the carpet and today the man is the president of Nigeria who some of you are ready to die for.Almost all the ex-governors and even serving ones are the same as Ibori.

As a a disclaimer, let me say that i do not celebrate Ibori or any other Politician in Nigeria neither do i have anything with any of them but i feel that if some persons feel like celebrating Ibori's birthday because of their relationship with him despite his sins and present ordeal, they need to be commended as true friends and not just fair-weather friends, after all, celebrating a man's birthday is not the same as supporting his evil deeds.
my brother, u just pointed fingers but in law ure innocent until ure declared guilty by a competent court of justice.ur point is noted but in nigeria the corrupt rich rarely go to jail.now the british has made a big catch for us among a whole lot, should we keep quiet? do u know he said "I committed all the count charges leveled against me my LORD " in london court? choi. aru e meeeeeee!!!

1 Like

Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by dunjoye04: 11:02am On Aug 06, 2013
i hope he was getting screwed up the backside wen his pple were eating his cake as a bday present frm the UK government

1 Like

Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by lavivifubs: 11:11am On Aug 06, 2013
This is a despicable show of shame. They are celebrating that he did not construct or renovate the roads that would have taken them to hospitals when they were sick because he stole the money; they are celebrating that their children could not go to good schools or get study materials because he stole the money; they are celebrating that they did not have good portable water because he stole the money; they are celebrating that he indirectly called them fools for voting for him when they went under the sun to cast their votes and helped them to steal their money. If they are not celebrating for what I have mentioned, what then are they celebrating him for? Have they finished celebrating the birthdays of those he left impoverished in the villages? Have they finished celebrating those that died because there was no drugs in the hospitals and the money meant for drugs was used to build his houses abroad? Have they finished celebrating the birthdays of the elderly people that are over 55 years but their children do not have good jobs to fend for them? Are those that organised the celebrating so green in mind that they do not know that they were used and dumped. Or is it that the organizers benfitted immensely, albeit fraudulenty from Ibori that they are deceiving the youths? In fact, WHAT SORT OF A COUNTRY IS THIS?

1 Like

Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by akinnux(m): 11:12am On Aug 06, 2013
I just imagine what will happen when he is finally released from the prison. It will be a celebration galore and shame on the church/vicar that hosted the thanksgiving.
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by biafranqueen: 11:15am On Aug 06, 2013
Governor Emmanuel Eweta Uduaghan's Secondary School that was built in 2012. Billionaire your My guy but you got to show me what Ibori did for your people

Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by biafranqueen: 11:17am On Aug 06, 2013
He tore down the one your boy built and came correct! This is the before picture cry cry cry

Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by Odeshiii22(m): 11:20am On Aug 06, 2013
Imagine our pple celebrating wit a celebrated corrupt ofiz holder wit a celebratrd case,dat is doing his tym in far away UK.Shame on dem.ooh.
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by dasparrow: 11:22am On Aug 06, 2013
@Post

Unbelievable! Chai! I am so ashamed.
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by biafranqueen: 11:26am On Aug 06, 2013
So Ibori felt like a complex in UK and Abuja was more important then this. Speak for those that do not have the luxury of getting Amnesty money to buy tablets and Black Berry's. Lets bet all those at the party do not send their children to these schools in Delta.

I did not see those poor girls celebrating at the church what happen to the invite for the masses. I wish they can come here and tell us the truth!

Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by biafranqueen: 11:32am On Aug 06, 2013
lavivifubs: This is a despicable show of shame. They are celebrating that he did not construct or renovate the roads that would have taken them to hospitals when they were sick because he stole the money; they are celebrating that their children could not go to good schools or get study materials because he stole the money; they are celebrating that they did not have good portable water because he stole the money; they are celebrating that he indirectly called them fools for voting for him when they went under the sun to cast their votes and helped them to steal their money. If they are not celebrating for what I have mentioned, what then are they celebrating him for? Have they finished celebrating the birthdays of those he left impoverished in the villages? Have they finished celebrating those that died because there was no drugs in the hospitals and the money meant for drugs was used to build his houses abroad? Have they finished celebrating the birthdays of the elderly people that are over 55 years but their children do not have good jobs to fend for them? Are those that organised the celebrating so green in mind that they do not know that they were used and dumped. Or is it that the organizers benfitted immensely, albeit fraudulenty from Ibori that they are deceiving the youths? In fact, WHAT SORT OF A COUNTRY IS THIS?
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by vislabraye(m): 11:39am On Aug 06, 2013
And a pastor even praised Him. My God!! This is appaulinG.
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by amawori(f): 11:42am On Aug 06, 2013
his not the only thief, many people on d sit has done worst than him, chief tony anenih also celebrated is birthday some days ago. ibori is nt d worst.
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by question(m): 11:43am On Aug 06, 2013
Warri no dey carry last, at all at all, na im bad.
The money no dey finish.
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by PStacks(m): 11:45am On Aug 06, 2013
Lagbaja called Nigeria a Mumudom and people were complaining. Where else is this done in the world. You are in the prison serving a sentence on conviction of a grievious crime and behind you, some people whom are supposed to be sombre, come out publicly to celebrate birthday for a criminal...

Naija I hail ooo!
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by Evestar200(f): 11:52am On Aug 06, 2013
H.B.D To my ex-governor,,serve ur jail terms and come home,,we re waiting for u,,cuz we re goin to close Delta state the day u re release tongue
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by eightsin(m): 11:53am On Aug 06, 2013
I wanna know who sponsored this b'day.
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by biafranqueen: 11:55am On Aug 06, 2013
Evestar200: H.B.D To my ex-governor,,serve ur jail terms and come home,,we re waiting for u,,cuz we re going to close Delta state the day u re release tongue
Hope its not during rainy season or ya going to be throwing a statewide swim party because of his good work on infrastructure grin
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by judexnweke: 11:58am On Aug 06, 2013
Nigeria is wonderful country any thing is possible in naija
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by ogb5(m): 12:12pm On Aug 06, 2013
biafranqueen: Governor Emmanuel Eweta Uduaghan's Secondary School that was built in 2012. Billionaire your My guy but you got to show me what Ibori did for your people

Don't compare Ibori and Uduaghan, its like comparing day and night, Uduaghan will need to work like 10 more times to be compared to Ibori.

Since you are asking what Ibori did, I will fill you on some.

When Ibori came in in 1999, Delta was on fire, the Ijaws, Itsekiris and Urhobos were on each others throats in warri, everyone was moving out, companies were relocating to PH and lagos out of warri.

Ibori leadership style brought relative peace to delta. How did he do it. he created de facto additional local governements in Delta and named them development areas in Warri South, Warri north and Warri south west so each fighting tribes can have a say in their local politics that was bring about all the war. As a comparism, Tinubu tried thesame thing only that Tinubu called his own local governments, you know the result, the FG impounded the allocation for lagos LGAs. Ibori suceeded in bringing peace to his people. To consolidate on that peace he tried to ensure that one tribe does not lord over other tribes in delta.
That is why you were able to get James manager as a senator representing Delta south. Normally an ijaw man can not win an Isoko man or an Itsekiri man in a senatorial contest in thesame senatorial district.
The Urhobos who produced the governor did not produce any minister under Ibori, he could have nominated his kinsmen as ministers, he didn't. thats why when he was arrested by EFCC, his cell was visited by all tribes from Delta, not just his tribe's men.

Talking of infrastructure, I give you example of warri, between 1979 and 1999 not a single Trunk B road was built in warri.

The last trunk B road built was Iyara Road built in 79. Several representations were made to the multitudes of governors that ruled over delta region within that time, none saw the need to build roads in the city. Passing through Enerhen junction those days in a car takes excess of 2 hrs, people resorted to taking bikes.

Between 1999 and 2007, Warri saw unprecended construction of roads under Ibori, not tiny roads by dualised roads. It was like a miracle.
I don't know how you intend to say those who did not build roads for 20 yrs are angels and the one who came and built roads is a devil.

On school, Delta state schooling system is designed to have a public primary school within the walking distance of every child. Great design in the sense that it brings school within the reach of every one. But there is one problem, the schools are many, with over 3000 state owned primary schools as at 2000.

The neglect of Delta was not limited to roads, prior to Ibori, schools were neglected and delapidated. Ibori could have renovated a few schools and asked the people to give him time to renovate the others, but as early as 2001 all the over 3000 primary schools in delta had been renovated, and being that you have a primary school within walking distance of every child, everyone could see the activity of govt with regards to school in his own community. Moreso the community were involved in choosing how the schools should be renovated, everyone was encourage to search for a school that requires renovation and put forward a bid for the renovation. The contracts were marked up uniformly at 50% so many people had their 1st millions just by renovating schools for the state govt. To those people, Ibori is a saviour.

School issue did not stop at the primary school level, delta had only one university at Abraka that offered very limited courses. 3 polythecnics were set up by Ibori in 1 year, maybe you can tell me any gov that has set up and funded 3 polythecnics simultaneously before. The Federal University later establish at Effurun only happened because the leaders of delta under Ibori put their feet down that what they wanted was not PTI affiliated to Uniben but a seperate Federal university. Today delta state have a federal univerisity.

The warri stadium is another thing you can use to judge how the governments of Nigeria treated delta state prior to Ibori's tenure.

Bendel and by extension delta has always been a sports loving state. When The Warri Stadium collapsed in 1984, no government so the need to rebuild the stadium. Infact they did not even clear the debris of the collapsed stadium. It was those scavenging for wood and metals that carted away all the debris over time as scrap.

between 1984 and 1999 was 15 yrs with different governors serving, non rebuilt the stadium. It was Ibori who saw the need to rebuild the stadium and not only that, proceeded to build 5 stadiums across the state because he knew sports is dear to the heart of his people.

And there is the cold support for militants that made Niger delta militants a force to be reckoned with. The Niger delta was treated for many decades as an occupied territory, where people from all over the country come to steal their oil wealth without giving anything in return. Imagine not building a single major road in Warri for 20 yrs.

Like it or not, whoever plans to leave his region to loot the resources of the delta today will have to worry about the militants.

2 Likes

Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by otite24: 12:14pm On Aug 06, 2013
who is not a thief in this world? We are all corrupt. Ibori is a father, a bread winner to deltans as a whole, we all missed him. He was accussed of money laundering yes we know, nd so, he was arrested ok,tell me who in nigeria is not guilty of corruption? dont worry he will soon be discharge nd aquitted soon with state pardon, whether u all like it all not. Happy birthday my amiable governor. I wish to see u soon
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by knowsir: 12:29pm On Aug 06, 2013
Y are nigerians like dis,dis is sum1 dat has squandered state resources 2 better dier lives n has caused dem poverty n dey all gather 2 celebrate him.Is it dat dey are blind or wat?there is abject poverty,unemployment,frustration,insecurity in dis country all because of d wickedness of dese sooo called leaders n all pple do is 2 cum out n celebrate dem.with all dese actions wat message is being passed 2 d younger generation.I pity d future of dis country with d kind of leaders n followers dis country has
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by thaoriginator: 12:31pm On Aug 06, 2013
Oh men wata badman dem ah criminal!
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by bjdon: 12:44pm On Aug 06, 2013
Ibori stole some money, yes. However the only reason he's in Jail today was because of his opposition to GEJ. As other posters have said, Ibori did quite a lot of development in Delta State. I schooled in Warri in the 80's, I went back in 2008 and could not recognize the place. I even drove past my old school without knowing, such was the degree of development and change. I'll give credit where it's due. Among the 1999-2007 set of governors, James Ibori def ranks in the top tier, along with Donald Duke and Umaru Yar'dua.
As to this corruption stuff, I can't defend Ibori and he's indeed paying the price for his crimes, but let's not kid ourselves, there are loads of people just as, if not more, corrupt than Ibori walking around free, some being called 'Elders', 'statesman' etc. Their birthdays are major events and they are praised to the high heavens. If some people in Delta state want to honor a man who brought long delayed development to them, then they should be left alone to do that. I respect them for remembering one of their own.
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by bukatyne(f): 1:00pm On Aug 06, 2013
MAYOWAAK: For those friends of James Ibori who remembered to congratulate him on his birthday on sunday, you have my respect. It shows you are genuine friends. That irrespective of his current travails, you can still identify with him, shows you are real friends. I like people like these, who are no fair weather friends. Many became super rich through through him doing genuine business with his government but never remembered him today. That is why l respected Wada Nas. He was one Abacha associate who never left Abacha even when things got awry. But how many of those fawning opportunists who placed series of advert pages when Stella Obasanjo died, still remember his memoriam? I prefer friends who stand by you, even if they don't agree with your misdemeanor but who out of commitment to friendship, stand by you during travails. God, give us true friends and help us to identify them and give us the grace not to take such friends for granted.

I disagree with you.

While I applaud the friends and family for remembering his b.day and marking it, it is a show of shame to celebrate it this way.

If I were his wife, I would have said the whole family and friends fly to meet him in UK and celebrate with all the inmates. It would show him that his people still care about him.

They even when to church grin to do what? Thank God he is in prison? Pray for his release?

It's well
Re: James Ibori's 55th Birthday Party (Pictures) by Pennywise(m): 1:05pm On Aug 06, 2013
I dont see why this should cause another NL brawl. People still celebrate Pablo Escobar in Colombia. He has been dead over a decade.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Remi Tinubu Faces Senate Panel Over Comments Made In An Interview / Fani-Kayode: EFCC Secures Remand Warrant To Keep Ex Minister / FG To Invest In Hydro, Solar For Better Power Supply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.