Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,948 members, 7,814,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass (11978 Views)

Law School Staff In Accident In Edo State. (See Photos) / Fatal Accident On Benin Expressway (Graphic Photos) / Top 20 Used Cars To Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by JoanEver: 3:08pm On Aug 07, 2013
They are useless thugs that started operation during the era of Igbenedion. Once you are approaching there, increase your speed. It is better to loose side mirror than those guys milking you. You may end up paying up to 10k. The most annoying part is that they are occupying federal road and both state and federal govt are not doing anything to that effect. Several people are being robbed on that spot.
Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 07, 2013
ONLY IN 9JA DO U SEE A GOVT DOCUMENT GIVEN TO YOU BY THE GOVT AND THE SAME GOVT WILL COME BACK AFTER SIX MONTHS TO TELL YOU ITS FAKE.
ONLY IN 9JA DOES THE GOVT KNOW THAT ILLEGAL PEEPS ARE ON THE ROADS BUT DO NOTHING ABOUT IT.
ONLY IN 9JA WILL YOU BE ROBBED, BLACKMAILED OR EVEN EXTORTION, AND CAN NOT COMPLAIN TO ANYONE.

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by odiereke(m): 11:00pm On Aug 07, 2013
I happened to run into this hoodlums on my way to Akure early this year, I refused to stop and almost crushed one of them cos they crossed the road with wood perched with nail, I avoided the nail and faced the guy but fortunately for him, he jumped into the bush and make call to the other group in the front. It was like a James Bond film that dat day cos the other group were waiting for me. I make sure I overtake all vehicles in my front so that they won't use that to catch me. I av never stopped for them cos I am aware of their illegal activities now.
Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by Fajzay: 11:09pm On Aug 07, 2013
lonelydora:
As in from slowing down(from afar) to 120km/hr. My normAl cruising speed is 140km/hr. I drive a 3.0L V6 car.

Ehn ehn, thats my guy. Though, my norm is 160km/hr. I do a 4.3L V8 Saloon and a 3.5L V6 SUV.
Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by ping2ping: 6:33am On Aug 08, 2013
wise_many2k:

I've encountered those tiffs plenty times and I call them tiffs cos dey use woods fitted with sharp nails to tear ur tyre if you try evading them. U can avoid dem by following this simple idea. If u observe, dey only stand @ d section wen descending d flyovers @ d bypass roads on lag-benin road and benin-asaba road. So when u're approaching those flyovers, slowdown and keep to your right, look out ur window, u shld be able to see if they are @ their usual positions (even if u're driving a volkswagen bug)! If they are stationed there, don't try being James Bond on wheels, don't decend the flyover but drive straight, u'll see a u-turn along the highways (abt 200mtrs) from the flyover! Turn there and drive home safely! U won't see them @ d other location cos they believe ppl coming from dat side of the road are their edo brothers coming from within the state. If u are very observant, u'll notice some sharp drivers doing same when those touts are on d road.

Guy you are spot on. This the best way to avoid those miscreants rather than confronting them.

1 Like

Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by Nobody: 7:37am On Aug 08, 2013
Oshiomole political thugs.
P.Stacks:
If this is true, Oshiomoleh should call these boys to order na.. These Edo people sef.
Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by tushbobo(m): 11:55am On Aug 08, 2013
These guys have always been within Benin city prior to the bye-pass construction.They mostly trap their victims at the bye-pass/roads linking delta and the east(mostly at sharp bends which may lead to accidents). I normally avoid them by swiflty passing those corners.Another issue is that of armed robbers who lie parallel to to road and shoot tires of oncoming vehicles.One has to be careful at Benin generally.
I used to do between 160-200kmph on Benin Byepass cos of robbers few years back but have learnt to avoid constant travels on that road for now.
Re: How To Avoid Men Of Edo State Task Force On Benin By-pass by Nobody: 11:20pm On Aug 08, 2013
Lawalkay: They are boys used by ACN now Association of Politicial Criminal ( APC) to win 17 local govt in d last local govt election conducted by Adams Aliyu Oshiomole. They are representing their master on d highway. Come inside Benin city and see name of exthortion from VIO with over 100boysEDOSTMA, WAI, MIN OF ENVIROMENT BOYS, OREDO LOCAL GOVT TASK FORCE ON PARKING, STREET TRADING, ENVIROMENT SANITATION AND WASTE DISPOSAL. We are dying under this government.

if these boys have come to the bypass, then edo is in trouble.

their capital used to be EWU junction on your way from lokoja to agbor for people travelling from abuja to onitsha. i got no comments...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

9 Amazing Facts About Land Rover Defender / Which Is Better: Auto Or Manual Golf 3? / 6 Ways To Save Money On Car Expenses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.