Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,040 members, 7,810,851 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:58 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1068) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5951868 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1065) (1066) (1067) (1068) (1069) (1070) (1071) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:27pm On Apr 03, 2017
nemesis2u:

Bourbons

The European royal house of French origin, overthrown in France by the Revolution. The saying by the chevalier de Panat came in the
post-Napoleonic era when they were briefly restored to the throne: "personne n'a su ni rien oublier, ni rien apprendre" (nobody has been able to forget anything, nor to learn anything).

And here endeth the lesson, or not...

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:29pm On Apr 03, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
Zambian L-15, NAF see replacement for alpha jet here ! let me just casually mention AIRBORNE360
bros I feel you but I am not among those making such decisions. wink wink
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:33pm On Apr 03, 2017
MikeCZA:
Are you ready to be accused of derailing this thread? grin grin grin
Since the prefect shredded his badge and indulged in riotous behaviour with the rest of the class, we're now self-regulating, aren't we? tongue

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 03, 2017
frumentius:

The European royal house of French origin, overthrown in France by the Revolution. The saying by the chevalier de Panat came in the
post-Napoleonic era when they were briefly restored to the throne: "personne n'a su ni rien oublier, ni rien apprendre" (nobody has been able to forget anything, nor to learn anything).

And here endeth the lesson, or not...

lesson has ended and thanks

grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 4:44pm On Apr 03, 2017
frumentius:

The Israelis must be salivating at all those juicy targets, should the Egyptians ever have a rush of blood to the head grin grin grin!

Seriously though, a reckoning is afoot. They can't mortgage their foreign policy forever. Already, the Saudis have withheld the latest tranche because the Egyptians went against them on a UN vote on Syria/Assad and the Iran agreement. Plus the Egyptian military has been rumbling that the Saudis are mismanaging the war in Yemen.

Just today the Egyptian Central Bank announced that foreign debt for 2016 jumped 40% year on year shocked. Just for 2016 alone we're talking loans of:
- $2.75bn from the International Monetary Fund (IMF);
- $1bn from the World Bank;
- $500m from the African Development Bank;
- $1bn from the United Arab Emirates; and
- $2bn from Saudi Arabia.
Though Egypt is acquiring a lot of weapons and modernizing it's Armed Forces, it also is acquiring a lot of Debt to Saudi Arabia and to the Gulf States, in return Egypt is not putting billions into well needed and long term infrastructure for it's people.
Egypt is not under any scenario going to War with Israel and jeopardize the Billion Dollar aid it receives from the US every Year.
The US uses Egypt as a counterweight to Israel to secure a stable Middle East and to the US benefit it has worked.
Egypt also knows in any war scenario with Israel just like in 1973, the US will come to Israel's aid regardless of what ever they say in public, this has always been a deterrent to any overly- ambitious Egyptian President (read Morsi).

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 4:54pm On Apr 03, 2017
frumentius:

Like the vanity SARA project, which has zero chance of commercial success and starves other worthy projects of much needed funds.

PIC: Our latest monument to folly angry angry angry!

You really dislike baby SARA, he hasn't even been born yet grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 5:02pm On Apr 03, 2017
GreenandGold:

You're really dislike baby SARA, he hasn't even been born yet grin
The baby has nothing to do with this! grin grin grin

rather blame the parents(gov).

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 5:17pm On Apr 03, 2017
MikeCZA:
The baby has nothing to do with this! grin grin grin

rather blame the parents(gov).

Well, I want him to live so we get the chance to make child labour of him. Think about it, we could make him our dedicated EW or ISTAR platforms or even mount him with some radar and we have our improvised AWACS.

If the government fails to utilise him, they'll be terrible parents.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 5:24pm On Apr 03, 2017
patches689:

Isreal would ass-fvck Egypt again if need be.

Egypt was extremely well equipped in the last war, with all the latest Russian gear, and they had allmost every Arab/Muslim state involved (I think even Morrocco sent guys) and they attacked Isreal simultaneously on every front and they did it while 60% of the Isrealy army was on leave.... and they still ended up with Isrealy's on their side of the Canal, simultaneously the Jews were in the Damascus suburbs after ripping through all of Syria's armor and an Iraqi armored division.

Losses against Hez were minor... a whole 5 tanks. During the opening days of Yom Kippur Isreal lost 400.

You cant beat the Isrealy's for one reason. Your conscripts are fighting because you told them to, theirs are fighting for the survival of their entire race.

Relevant Rooikatte for relevance

who dash Israel.
without USA Israel is gone.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 5:30pm On Apr 03, 2017
GreenandGold:

Well, I want him to live so we get the chance to make child labour of him. Think about it, we could make him our dedicated EW or ISTAR platforms or even mount him with some radar and we have our improvised AWACS.

If the government fails to utilise him, they'll be terrible parents.
Thing is he's going to be expensive compared to aircraft we can acquire somewhere.

There are also many competitors around. But many great engineers will come out of this project the only problem is maintaining the skills and improving.

Similar: The Marlin missile allows SA to maintain critical skills. seeker design etc.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 6:20pm On Apr 03, 2017
Planes, missiles blah blah

Everyone needs to drop what they are doing and get this thing back into the loop.

Gimme a low pressure 90mm or a 30mm that can fire telescoping rounds or a 20mm with a recon mast and make it cheaper than the Panhard CRAB

Gimme ATGM's or MANPADS or CBRN or recon sensors, and make it cheaper than the Fennec.

We will sell them by the boatload over the next 30 years.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 6:38pm On Apr 03, 2017
patches689:

Everyone needs to drop what they are doing and get this thing back into the loop.

Gimme a low pressure 90mm or a 30mm that can fire telescoping rounds or a 20mm with a recon mast and make it cheaper than the Panhard CRAB

Gimme ATGM's or MANPADS or CBRN or recon sensors, and make it cheaper than the Fennec.

Move Denel to Nelspruit, we offer cheap labour and some design experience. grin

Below is the unnamed AFV designed by your one-and-only in 2008. It rocks some imaginary 90mm smiley

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 6:41pm On Apr 03, 2017
patches689:

I still haven't appreciated the value of armoured cars in modern warfare. I mean if a tank can be blasted easily by modern ATGM and RPGs what chances does a thin skin armoured car has?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 6:53pm On Apr 03, 2017
lionel4power:
I still haven't appreciated the value of armoured cars in modern warfare. I mean if a tank can be blasted easily by modern ATGM and RPGs what chances does a thin skin armoured car has?

Nets, nets and nets...

Below is the Polish Rosomak AMV similar to the Denel Badger that Taliban hates for wasting their RPGs and IEDs. If they'd get a chance, they would stone it for they call it "the green devil". wink

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 6:59pm On Apr 03, 2017
Some vehicles like the Mbombe 6 offer built-in off the shelf protection from such attacks. See the protection on the windows then see the space between the actual vehicle and the outer skin, it absorbs the impact.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 7:09pm On Apr 03, 2017
giles14:
who dash Israel.
without USA Israel is gone.
Remember, they have weapon of mass destruction even though they keep denying the fact.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:44pm On Apr 03, 2017
GreenandGold:

It rocks some imaginary 90mm smiley
You're not thinking big.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:49pm On Apr 03, 2017
lionel4power:
What then would you use as a scout/battlefield recce car?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 7:50pm On Apr 03, 2017
patches689:

Isreal would ass-fvck Egypt again if need be.

Egypt was extremely well equipped in the last war, with all the latest Russian gear, and they had allmost every Arab/Muslim state involved (I think even Morrocco sent guys) and they attacked Isreal simultaneously on every front and they did it while 60% of the Isrealy army was on leave.... and they still ended up with Isrealy's on their side of the Canal, simultaneously the Jews were in the Damascus suburbs after ripping through all of Syria's armor and an Iraqi armored division.

Losses against Hez were minor... a whole 5 tanks. During the opening days of Yom Kippur Isreal lost 400.

You cant beat the Isrealy's for one reason. Your conscripts are fighting because you told them to, theirs are fighting for the survival of their entire race.

Relevant Rooikatte for relevance

bros calm down about the isreali issue. have you studied the Egyptian military lately? yes I agree that egypt performance on previous conflict with isreal was poor but im sure the relevant lessons has been learnt.

I also noticed that you south africans always highlights experience over other variables in warfare, variables like weapon platforms, training, allies, economy, terrain e.t. although experience gives a nice advantage but personally I rank weapons systems higher than all others.

isreal cannot (emphasis CANNOT) touch egypt in any conflict ever again considering the size of both countries military.

I conpared both countries military and I see isreal woefully lacking in major areas,

looking at the navy, egypt has
nine frigates,
six corvette
45+ fast attack craft
8 submarines
12 landing ships
8 anti submarine ship
23 minesweepers
(with such naval force,the mediteranian sea battle will be like a turkey shoot)

while isreal has only
three corvette
six submarine
eight missile boats.

looking at the airforce

Egypt

50,000 Total (As of 2014)
1,136 aircraft (As of 2016)
while isreal has.
626 aircrafts

the army
egypt has 780000 troops
3800 assorted tanks (t-72, t-55, m1a1, m60 e.t.c)
over 1000 rocket systems
over 1000 artillery
while isreal has
133 000 active troops
380 000 reserved troops

with about 2180 MERKAVA tanks.

Also Note that Egypt has the ONLY (EMPHASIS 'ONLY') Recon satellite in the middle east. If anybody in the region sh!ts egypt can tell you the colour from miles away.

although to be fair I'll say isreal has the best air defence cover in all the M.E due to her multiple well staggered anti air missile systems.

the only chance isreal has against egypt is pre-emptive attack which she is good at. and before you lecture me on isreal F-35 please note that not all country seem to agree that its a game changer such country is UK which has pulled out of the program and decides to pursue a naval version of her typhoon jet to put on her new queen elizabeth carrier. UK said that they are not impressed with the trillion dollar piece of scrap metal that THE US is forcing all of them to buy So they aren't buying anymore.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 7:57pm On Apr 03, 2017
frumentius:

You're not thinking big.

Come on, it's what Patches wants, also you don't anything larger to shoot a Toyota technical (which you already know).
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:00pm On Apr 03, 2017
frumentius:

What then would you use as a scout/battlefield recce car?
what happened to drones, squad uav, ISTAR and reconnaissance flights?

this is 21 century dont be stuck in the past, adapt and win.

nobody does scout car anymore.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:01pm On Apr 03, 2017
Airborne360:
bros I feel you but I am not among those making such decisions. wink wink
heheh Oga don't you people have suggestion box ?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 8:17pm On Apr 03, 2017
lionel4power:
what happened to drones, squad uav, ISTAR and reconnaissance flights?

this is 21 century dont be stuck in the past, adapt and win.

nobody does scout car anymore.

Hehehe, why do the Americans still deploy recce SF on the ground? Why do they have tons of recce MRAPS and other ground platforms? Do you know that you can't just fly your UAV or recon plane into some areas? There's something called SAMs, smart concealment of bases from infrared detection. The enemy is smart, you need a human soldier on the ground.

The scout vehicles also perform other functions like light armour ambushes, fire support and disruption in conventional warfare.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 8:22pm On Apr 03, 2017
lionel4power:
bros calm down about the isreali issue. have you studied the Egyptian military lately? yes I agree that egypt performance on previous conflict with isreal was poor but im sure the relevant lessons has been learnt.

I also noticed that you south africans always highlights experience over other variables in warfare, variables like weapon platforms, training, allies, economy, terrain e.t. although experience gives a nice advantage but personally I rank weapons systems higher than all others.

isreal cannot (emphasis CANNOT) touch egypt in any conflict ever again considering the size of both countries military.

I conpared both countries military and I see isreal woefully lacking in major areas,

looking at the navy, egypt has
nine frigates,
six corvette
45+ fast attack craft
8 submarines
12 landing ships
8 anti submarine ship
23 minesweepers
(with such naval force,the mediteranian sea battle will be like a turkey shoot)

while isreal has only
three corvette
six submarine
eight missile boats.

looking at the airforce

Egypt

50,000 Total (As of 2014)
1,136 aircraft (As of 2016)
while isreal has.
626 aircrafts

the army
egypt has 780000 troops
3800 assorted tanks (t-72, t-55, m1a1, m60 e.t.c)
over 1000 rocket systems
over 1000 artillery
while isreal has
133 000 active troops
380 000 reserved troops

with about 2180 MERKAVA tanks.

Also Note that Egypt has the ONLY (EMPHASIS 'ONLY') Recon satellite in the middle east. If anybody in the region sh!ts egypt can tell you the colour from miles away.

although to be fair I'll say isreal has the best air defence cover in all the M.E due to her multiple well staggered anti air missile systems.

the only chance isreal has against egypt is pre-emptive attack which she is good at. and before you lecture me on isreal F-35 please note that not all country seem to agree that its a game changer such country is UK which has pulled out of the program and decides to pursue a naval version of her typhoon jet to put on her new queen elizabeth carrier. UK said that they are not impressed with the trillion dollar piece of scrap metal that THE US is forcing all of them to buy So they aren't buying anymore.
It isnt about numbers!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 8:23pm On Apr 03, 2017
Xbee007:
Remember, they have weapon of mass destruction even though they keep denying the fact.
weapon of mass destruction my Ass.

dem no fear to use am.
Israel existence is just due to help from US Germany France and Russia
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 8:29pm On Apr 03, 2017
GreenandGold:

Move Denel to Nelspruit, we offer cheap labour and some design experience. grin

Below is the unnamed AFV designed by your one-and-only in 2008. It rocks some imaginary 90mm smiley
any more info on that afv.

or it's been terminated
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:32pm On Apr 03, 2017
NAF PARTICIPATES AT TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION EXPO 2017, showcasing ;

- locally made Rocket Pods

-UGV

-Gulma UAV and an Innoson based GCS for the UAV

- Drivers learning aid

Etc, etc

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 03, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:37pm On Apr 03, 2017
GreenandGold:

Hehehe, why do the Americans still deploy recce SF on the ground? Why do they have tons of recce MRAPS and other ground platforms? Do you know that you can't just fly your UAV or recon plane into some areas? There's something called SAMs, smart concealment of bases from infrared detection. The enemy is smart, you need a human soldier on the ground.

The scout vehicles also perform other functions like light armour ambushes, fire support and disruption in conventional warfare.
am sure you have no idea that the americans you mentioned has decommisioned their most prominent recon group (long range surveillance-LRS) and merged them to a combat brigade team like stryker brigade. that means that those guys now has a primary role as fire team. although special forces or special operations forces has recon and scout as a secondary role.
secondly you failed to mention that the US has 'tons' of UAVs and drones too.

also you dont realize that why deep scout mission is unfavourable is due to the fact that you cant count on naval or air support or even artillery indirect fire support.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:39pm On Apr 03, 2017
MikeCZA:
It isnt about numbers!
numbers matters
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:40pm On Apr 03, 2017
Henry240:
NAF PARTICIPATES AT TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION EXPO 2017, showcasing ;

- locally made Rocket Pods

-UGV

-Gulma UAV and an Innoson based GCS for the UAV

- Drivers learning aid

Etc, etc
what state did it take place? any idea??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZA: 8:50pm On Apr 03, 2017
lionel4power:

am sure you have no idea that the americans you mentioned has decommisioned their most prominent recon group (long range surveillance-LRS) and merged them to a combat brigade team like stryker brigade. that means that those guys now has a primary role as fire team. although special forces or special operations forces has recon and scout as a secondary role.
secondly you failed to mention that the US has 'tons' of UAVs and drones too.

also you dont realize that why deep scout mission is unfavourable is due to the fact that you cant count on naval or air support or even artillery indirect fire support.
I can't believe you just wrote this.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1065) (1066) (1067) (1068) (1069) (1070) (1071) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.