Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,343 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:47 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1069) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5953262 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1066) (1067) (1068) (1069) (1070) (1071) (1072) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 8:58pm On Apr 03, 2017
giles14:
any more info on that afv.
or it's been terminated
It doesn't exist... It's my own design that I did in 2008 wink

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:03pm On Apr 03, 2017
MikeCZA:
I can't believe you just wrote this.
refute the claim... give your own opinion its an open forum
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 9:16pm On Apr 03, 2017
lionel4power:

am sure you have no idea that the americans you mentioned has decommisioned their most prominent recon group (long range surveillance-LRS) and merged them to a combat brigade team like stryker brigade. that means that those guys now has a primary role as fire team. although special forces or special operations forces has recon and scout as a secondary role.
secondly you failed to mention that the US has 'tons' of UAVs and drones too.

also you dont realize that why deep scout mission is unfavourable is due to the fact that you cant count on naval or air support or even artillery indirect fire support.

If the US had to fight a conversation war with maybe Russia or China, drones would be useless just ask Ukraine. You need soldiers on the ground with vehicles to recon the enemy.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:19pm On Apr 03, 2017
Airborne360:
bros I feel you but I am not among those making such decisions. wink wink

He didn't say you were either. smiley smiley

Truth is, "you are five(5) persons away or less from meeting whomever you wanna meet".

You just happen to be his first, if you can point him in the right direction, he would be on his way. cool
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:20pm On Apr 03, 2017
GreenandGold:

If the US had to fight a conversation war with maybe Russia or China, drones would be useless just ask Ukraine. You need soldiers on the ground with vehicles to recon the enemy.

This is not the right thread for this discussion.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:22pm On Apr 03, 2017
Nigerian Air Force locally built hardware

Repost

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:23pm On Apr 03, 2017
Repost

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 03, 2017
NAF L-39 Albatros with a new desert camo pain job.

9 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nicheey(m): 10:18pm On Apr 03, 2017
GreenandGold:

Move Denel to Nelspruit, we offer cheap labour and some design experience. grin

Below is the unnamed AFV designed by your one-and-only in 2008. It rocks some imaginary 90mm smiley

was this designed by you
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 10:33pm On Apr 03, 2017
Henry240:

This is not the right thread for this discussion.
Don't spoil the fun.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 10:41pm On Apr 03, 2017
lionel4power:
what state did it take place? any idea??
I think it took place at Eagle Square Abj. I just have to visit that place b4 they close on Friday.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 10:45pm On Apr 03, 2017
Nicheey:

was this designed by you

Yep, it was almost 8 years ago, just didn't bother finishing it.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 10:51pm On Apr 03, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
NAF L-39 Albatros with a new desert camo pain job.

Never seen that aircraft before.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 03, 2017
GreenandGold:

Never seen that aircraft before.
Same, that is why I pointed it out, it might be an entirely new airframe recently delivered or some kind of upgrade.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 11:08pm On Apr 03, 2017
Henry240:
NAF PARTICIPATES AT TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION EXPO 2017, showcasing ;

- locally made Rocket Pods

-UGV

-Gulma UAV and an Innoson based GCS for the UAV

- Drivers learning aid

Etc, etc
so dis NAF people are still showcasing 2014 produce as achievement in 2017. this is very bad

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 11:20pm On Apr 03, 2017
giles14:
so dis NAF people are still showcasing 2014 produce as achievement in 2017. this is very bad

r&d Gulma design keeps changing. It's a work in progress.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:21pm On Apr 03, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Same, that is why I pointed it out, it might be an entirely new airframe recently delivered or some kind of upgrade.

No it's not. NAF carries out the refurbishment of upgrade of it's aircrafts in Nigeria. At the airbase in Kaduna, Lagos or Port-Harcourt.

It's an NAF L-39 in new Camo, not a new sir frame.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:58pm On Apr 03, 2017
NAF L-39 n Alpha fly pass in jos

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:59pm On Apr 03, 2017
Stop derailing

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:00am On Apr 04, 2017
Prom dress

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Hrmnn: 12:18am On Apr 04, 2017
patches689:
Planes, missiles blah blah

Everyone needs to drop what they are doing and get this thing back into the loop.

Gimme a low pressure 90mm or a 30mm that can fire telescoping rounds or a 20mm with a recon mast and make it cheaper than the Panhard CRAB

Gimme ATGM's or MANPADS or CBRN or recon sensors, and make it cheaper than the Fennec.

We will sell them by the boatload over the next 30 years.

I remember when they first restored this Mechem MC-90 at Bloemfontein hey. It's only been a few years.

Does anybody remember when it was on static display outside the Armour Museum and wasn't serviceable? I remember seeing it back in '06 or '07. Ag what a pitiful sight that was. This one of a kind vehicle sitting out there looking miserable and slowly wasting away.

It had been trialled by the SANDF at that point and then taken around to a few international defence expos then relegated to Bloemy to rust with all the rest of the defence force rejects.

I understand "Oom Frik" - the name you see on the side of the vehicle - wanted it restored and Denel did this for him in gratitude for something. There was a very interesting article in the Armoured Corps mag about it. I remember thinking somebody at Denel does have a heart after all, was surprised that it was the original manufacturer (as opposed to the museum itself) which undertook the restoration, but they got it running again.

The MC-90 was also moved indoors at the Armour Museum after that.

Unfortunately, the second prototype, a mortar carrier, remains unrestored and in rather shabby condition. Here's hoping that someday they will get it looking nicer again, too:

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 5:28am On Apr 04, 2017
tdayof:

r&d Gulma design keeps changing. It's a work in progress.
no it's not a work in progress.

I don't know what to call it.

The naf needs to up it's game.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 7:32am On Apr 04, 2017
lionel4power:
I still haven't appreciated the value of armoured cars in modern warfare. I mean if a tank can be blasted easily by modern ATGM and RPGs what chances does a thin skin armoured car has?

For when you need something you can move by air

Also, you dont use it like a tank. Very hard to use wire-guided atgms against something that is employing shoot and scoot
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 7:50am On Apr 04, 2017
patches689:

For when you need something you can move by air

Also, you dont use it like a tank. Very hard to use wire-guided atgms against something that is employing shoot and scoot

And besides, ATGMs are less common than people actually believe. Unless you're one rich rebel or separatists group you'll afford firing ATGMs on light armour.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 8:02am On Apr 04, 2017
lionel4power:

am sure you have no idea that the americans you mentioned has decommisioned their most prominent recon group (long range surveillance-LRS) and merged them to a combat brigade team like stryker brigade. that means that those guys now has a primary role as fire team. although special forces or special operations forces has recon and scout as a secondary role.
secondly you failed to mention that the US has 'tons' of UAVs and drones too.

also you dont realize that why deep scout mission is unfavourable is due to the fact that you cant count on naval or air support or even artillery indirect fire support.

Since when are america the masters of war and for thought. USA thought fighters did not need guns, the air force wanted to scrap the A10 for years and they built the LCS.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:10am On Apr 04, 2017
Henry240:

He didn't say you were either. smiley smiley

Truth is, "you are five(5) persons away or less from meeting whomever you wanna meet".

You just happen to be his first, if you can point him in the right direction, he would be on his way. cool
truely there are people I can ask but one must be careful when dealing in such matters with superiors, I am just a bloody flight Lt.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 04, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

heheh Oga don't you people have suggestion box ?
e dey o
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:17am On Apr 04, 2017
Airborne360:
truely there are people I can ask but one must be careful when dealing in such matters with superiors, I am just a bloody flight Lt.

It's all in good faith, Baba! cheesy cheesy

So of us are just frustrated with the slow pace of things.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 04, 2017
grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 8:49am On Apr 04, 2017
frumentius:
grin grin grin
F#ck me, is this for real?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1066) (1067) (1068) (1069) (1070) (1071) (1072) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.