Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,202 members, 7,811,541 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:12 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1073) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5953683 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1070) (1071) (1072) (1073) (1074) (1075) (1076) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 12:08am On Apr 06, 2017
Henry240:

Simply ask them the following ;

- If the service is thinking about going for a catapult launched model, seeing that the Gulma can only launch from a paved road. Still press on th catapult version even if the Ichoku is brought up.

- They'll probably bring up the Ichoku UAV, the hand-launched version, you ask why there are delays with this one coming on-stream, citing the Nigerian army DJI drones as example why you think the Ichoku would be better commercially successful

- Ask whether the Gulma can send cordinates in real-time to the artillery teams on the ground or Nigerian Air Force fighters.

- Ask if the Air Force plans to sell the Gulma to other customers

- Ask if the NAF has any plans to develop a proper MALE UAV like the CH-3, and what's the timeline.

- Ask about the plans the NAF has on converting the Air Beetle into UAVs. How that project is going.

- You can also ask about the Amebo drones.

the amount of 'classified' info on this post alone will get somebody the ugly end of a koboko.....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 1:29am On Apr 06, 2017
lionel4power:
the amount of 'classified' info on this post alone will get somebody the ugly end of a koboko.....

Nothing classified in here.

Ask whether the Gulma can send cordinates in real-time to the artillery teams on the ground or Nigerian Air Force fighters.

The technology behind is also easy. Gulma should have such capability.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Hrmnn: 7:00am On Apr 06, 2017
Panhard ERC 90 Sagaie of Gabon during an amphibious landing exercise.

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 7:18am On Apr 06, 2017
tdayof:

Nothing classified in here.

The technology behind is also easy. Gulma should have such capability.

Sending i fo real time over a secure line from the Gulam to say a fighter or art is not as easy as you think. But i dont see why it cant. If the gulam as a GPS or some other way of establishing it,s position, a laser rang finder and a means to get berrings it can easily figure out on a map where the target it is looking at is located.

Onse it has that infomastion that where there is a snag. Do the fighters and gunners have the sytems in place to recive the data. I dont think nigeria as such a system in place. I think it being relayed. Though depending on the mission that relay could be near real time.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 7:56am On Apr 06, 2017
Egypt
Pic 1: SF assault Vehicle
Pic 2: Apache Pilots
Pic 3: A Rafale
Pic 4: Nimar APCs

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Vikkie14: 8:17am On Apr 06, 2017
Pic 1: Egypt Haskey 2G Vehicle. These are used for IED and Mine detection
Pic 2: Algeria C130 Herc.

Pic 3: A CASA CN235 of France Airforce in Niger
Pic 4: MQ-9 Reapers deployed to Niger. Actually, 5 of these Drones were deployed.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 8:21am On Apr 06, 2017
lionel4power:
U dey answer Henry. But the officials ar lenient sha, they answer any question with a smile on their faces. But one should know when not to cross the line.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 8:23am On Apr 06, 2017
COIN

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 06, 2017
Xbee007:
U dey answer Henry. But the officials ar lenient sha, they answer any question with a smile on their faces. But one should know when not to cross the line.

Since you be confirmed fear, fear man, only ask them about the Ichoku UAV, how development is going on that end?

I hope this one isn't too much?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 8:57am On Apr 06, 2017
Henry240:

Since you be confirmed fear, fear man, only ask them about the Ichoku UAV, how development is going on that end?

lol.

honestly i don't see anything wrong with the initial questions you posted.

i'm sure they'll be waiting to hear from someone who has an idea of what is displayed.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Xbee007(m): 9:30am On Apr 06, 2017
Henry240:

U just have 2 insult anyone that u feel disagree with ur POV. I never said I wasn't going to ask them (if I decide to go there again). I only said I know when not to cross the line.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 9:53am On Apr 06, 2017
andrewza:

Sending i fo real time over a secure line from the Gulam to say a fighter or art is not as easy as you think. But i dont see why it cant. If the gulam as a GPS or some other way of establishing it,s position, a laser rang finder and a means to get berrings it can easily figure out on a map where the target it is looking at is located.

Onse it has that infomastion that where there is a snag. Do the fighters and gunners have the sytems in place to recive the data. I dont think nigeria as such a system in place. I think it being relayed. Though depending on the mission that relay could be near real time.

The bolded is what I'm trying to say. That's an easy way. You can easily do that. I know of a similar program that
does that through radio scanning in which the radio signals can quickly detect a radio transmitter location GPS coordinates. Also uses camera to take the enemy situation and send back to command center through
GPS Satellite navigation and positioning system. Team members locations can be displayed on the screen at a command center.
If this is possible from group of 3 people. Then NAF should be more capable to make Gulma communicate with other aircrafts. The issue now will be NAF capability on Communication and Navigation system. I am pretty sure with help from NASDAR, it will be possible.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 06, 2017
TrueHeart365:

lol.

honestly i don't see anything wrong with the initial questions you posted.

i'm sure they'll be waiting to hear from someone who has an idea of what is displayed.

I agree; nothing wrong with any of the questions. And should any of this be classified -I don't why - any professional man of arms should simply and politely, tell the civilian "I can't disclose any information about x,y,z".
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:06am On Apr 06, 2017
Vikkie14:
Pic 1: Egypt Haskey 2G Vehicle. These are used for IED and Mine detection

I wonder if the Egyptians acquired those directly from SA? Or were they excess stock from what we sold the Yanks?
Chkil, any answers?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:08am On Apr 06, 2017
onumaegbuikenna:
The king of counter insurgency Marcel Bigeard, famous for operations during the Indochina and Algerian wars.

the king of Torture against civilians only , nothing to do in this thread about african armies

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 10:15am On Apr 06, 2017
Henry240:
Here, also these.

I'm not close to my laptop, so blur out the ones with obvious faces showing.

I've so far spotted 4 units.

Did you notice they're fitted with camera?

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 06, 2017
frumentius:

I wonder if the Egyptians acquired those directly from SA? Or were they excess stock from what we sold the Yanks?
Chkil, any answers?

from US a new contract , not sure if its in service in egypt yet .

Critical Solutions International Inc.,* Charleston, South Carolina, was awarded a $131,946,942 firm-fixed-price, foreign military sales ( Egypt , Jordan, and Saudi Arabia) contract for the production of commercial Husky second generation system , new production sub-systems, spare parts, storage, tools and diagnostic equipment, field service representatives, and training for current special defense acquisition funds requirements and projected country funded foreign military sales requirements. Bids were solicited via the Internet with one received. Work locations and funding will be determined with each order, with an estimated completion date of March 30, 2021. U.S. Army Contracting Command, Warren, Michigan, is the contracting activity (W56HZV-17-D-0045).

but on the pic posted their is the flag of danemark dehind , maybe its not egyptians ones on the pic

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:51am On Apr 06, 2017
Xbee007:
U just have 2 insult anyone that u feel disagree with ur POV. I never said I wasn't going to ask them (if I decide to go there again). I only said I know when not to cross the line.

It seems you people read from the back of your phones. However since you are suffering from selective amnesia, let me do you a favour and repost your response to my initial question. Take particular keen attention to the part in bold.

lionel4power:

Xbee007:

For those of us who go out to regularly contribute meaningful content in this thread, we most times do that out of our inconvenience.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 11:08am On Apr 06, 2017
Hrmnn:
Panhard ERC 90 Sagaie of Gabon during an amphibious landing exercise.

My picture of the week
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 06, 2017
frumentius:

I agree; nothing wrong with any of the questions. And should any of this be classified -I don't why - any professional man of arms should simply and politely, tell the civilian "I can't disclose any information about x,y,z".

A military inclined individual, civilian or otherwise should know the UAV is day and night capable. This information has been known since 2013.

When the UAV was launched in 2013, i even invited the UAV pilot to drop a few words here and on beegeagles blog.

The questions should ordinarily not raise any suspicion, I'm sure they would be pleased to answer an individual who has an idea about the technical capabilities of the UAV.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 11:22am On Apr 06, 2017
My TBT goes to the US Heavy Mechanized Sherman crews in an attempt to add additional protection on their "matchbox" tanks.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Katyusha(m): 11:42am On Apr 06, 2017
onumaegbuikenna:
The king of counter insurgency Marcel Bigeard, famous for operations during the Indochina and Algerian wars.
War Criminal.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:28pm On Apr 06, 2017
Katyusha:
War Criminal.

Geneva convention only applies to uniformed combatants.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 06, 2017
NA COIN

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Katyusha(m): 12:31pm On Apr 06, 2017
patches689:

Geneva convention only applies to uniformed combatants.

He was a commissioned officer in the French Army..he even rose through the ranks from enlisted soldier to Lieutenant General.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:32pm On Apr 06, 2017
ActivateKruger:
My TBT goes to the US Heavy Mechanized Sherman crews in an attempt to add additional protection on their "matchbox" tanks.

Step aside plebs, vehicle with the lowest crew casualty rate of the war coming though

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 06, 2017
patches689:

Step aside plebs, vehicle with the lowest crew casualty rate of the war coming though
grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 06, 2017
Homebound, SAS Amatola paid a diplomatic visit to the port of Tema, Ghana.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 1:00pm On Apr 06, 2017
Working on a modern Casspir concept that would be a good modernisation of the MK1s with the SANDF as they have plenty of them.

In 3 weeks I'll be having the renders wink

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 1:10pm On Apr 06, 2017
frumentius:
Homebound, SAS Amatola paid a diplomatic visit to the port of Tema, Ghana.

You have no idea what this does to the kids smiley
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 1:11pm On Apr 06, 2017
rawswag:
NA COIN
Where are these female officers deployed? They go on patrol?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:30pm On Apr 06, 2017
GreenandGold:
Working on a modern Casspir concept that would be a good modernisation of the MK1s with the SANDF as they have plenty of them.

In 3 weeks I'll be having the renders wink
The Casspir's been done with the NG2000. Try a long wheel-base Hornet instead wink. And no, I cannot confirm nor deny rumours that one may be considered. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (1070) (1071) (1072) (1073) (1074) (1075) (1076) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.