Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,540 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1074) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5953681 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1071) (1072) (1073) (1074) (1075) (1076) (1077) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:32pm On Apr 06, 2017
tdayof:

Where are these female officers deployed? They go on patrol?
firstly they are soldiers not officers some are just stationed at outposts, checkpoints meanwhile some are In the redzone but all in d northeast Borno to b precise
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 1:36pm On Apr 06, 2017
rawswag:
firstly they are soldiers not officers some are just stationed at outposts, checkpoints meanwhile some are In the redzone but all in d northeast
Apologies for the using the word officer. Just used to the word when addressing uniformed officers.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:46pm On Apr 06, 2017
tdayof:

Apologies for the using the word officer. Just used to the word when addressing uniformed officers.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 1:47pm On Apr 06, 2017
frumentius:

The Casspir's been done with the NG2000. Try a long wheel-base Hornet instead wink. And no, I cannot confirm nor deny rumours that one may be considered. grin

The NG2000 looks very dated... I'm doing something ultramodern, something that you can't even think it's a Casspir. wink

As for the imaginary Hornet, we can design one then name it the "Green Frumie". Me being the designer, you get it to the Generals then we rich. But of course, we can't deny nor confirm those rumours grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 1:52pm On Apr 06, 2017
unclezuma:

grin grin FRSC, officers, police etc. Soldiers in the context have commissioned officers and non commissioned officers.

Using the word officer doesn't seem to be wrong to me.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 06, 2017
tdayof:

grin grin FRSC, officers, police etc. Soldiers in the context have commissioned officers and non commissioned officers.

Using the word officer doesn't seem to be wrong to me.

My brother it is not wrong , just wanted you to know that I knew you'd not back down from using it.

grin grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:02pm On Apr 06, 2017
Nigerian delegation checking out a mortar system at LAAD 2017

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 3:33pm On Apr 06, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

I noticed how a good number of African armies don't have a standardised use of mortar on their platoons. It's like they don't see it's effectiveness.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:07pm On Apr 06, 2017
Highway patrol grin

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:25pm On Apr 06, 2017
GreenandGold:

I noticed how a good number of African armies don't have a standardised use of mortar on their platoons. It's like they don't see it's effectiveness.
More importantly lessons are being learned and thing are slowly changing wink

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 06, 2017
Senegal Independence celebration

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 4:37pm On Apr 06, 2017
GreenandGold:

60mm mortar right?

well..evry1 is enchanted with RPGs
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 4:38pm On Apr 06, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
Highway patrol grin
cheesy i wish this was in IB

the fear of Illegal parking cheesy
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 4:40pm On Apr 06, 2017
Odunayaw:
cheesy i wish this was in IB

the fear of Illegal parking cheesy
grin grin IB keh. How Operation Burst?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 5:24pm On Apr 06, 2017
tdayof:
grin grin IB keh. How Operation Burst?
them don turn evangelist now jare
I miss the days grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 5:28pm On Apr 06, 2017
Odunayaw:
60mm mortar right?
well..evry1 is enchanted with RPGs
Don't serve the same purpose though. RPG = direct fire, mortar = indirect fire.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 06, 2017
Libyan air force

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by onumaegbuikenna: 5:43pm On Apr 06, 2017
chkil0:

the king of Torture against civilians only , nothing to do in this thread about african armies

I didn't mean to offend or hurt anyone but after studying his outstanding record, I admit he was very effective as a soldier considering that he rose up through the ranks from a regular soldier to a general. Though you are right many of his methods were too extreme and included torture and the infringement of the rights of many.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 06, 2017
CASA C-295M , Algerian AF

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:48pm On Apr 06, 2017
C-130 , Algerian AF

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 06, 2017
Rafale , Egyptian AF

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by kikuyu1(m): 6:04pm On Apr 06, 2017
tdayof:

The bolded is what I'm trying to say. That's an easy way. You can easily do that. I know of a similar program that
does that through radio scanning in which the radio signals can quickly detect a radio transmitter location GPS coordinates. Also uses camera to take the enemy situation and send back to command center through
GPS Satellite navigation and positioning system. Team members locations can be displayed on the screen at a command center.
If this is possible from group of 3 people. Then NAF should be more capable to make Gulma communicate with other aircrafts. The issue now will be NAF capability on Communication and Navigation system. I am pretty sure with help from NASDAR, it will be possible.

You're talking of a real time data link between platforms showing tactical data to commanders at the same time.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 06, 2017
Throwback Thursday: The Super Frelon aka Putco in SAAF service. Performed so poorly in hot and high conditions they were relegated to the coastal squadrons. The skill and the gonads on the pilots who had to do mountain training on this thing shocked!

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:23pm On Apr 06, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

thats a vehicle borne mortar,
looks like 120mm to me

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 6:24pm On Apr 06, 2017
frumentius:
Throwback Thursday: The Super Frelon aka Putco in SAAF service. Performed so poorly in hot and high conditions they were relegated to the coastal squadrons. The skill and the gonads on the pilots who had to do mountain training on this thing shocked!

Those pictures, town library memories. Oh how the Internet has spoiled us.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 06, 2017
GreenandGold:

Those pictures, town library memories. Oh how the Internet has spoiled us.
The last ex-SAAF Frelon was re-purposed to fight fires by Working on Fire. She came to an end on 17 May 2007, fighting a fire on Silvermine in the Cape.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 7:31pm On Apr 06, 2017
frumentius:

The last ex-SAAF Frelon was re-purposed to fight fires by Working on Fire. She came to an end on 17 May 2007, fighting a fire on Silvermine in the Cape.

That's f#cking sad.. Did anyone survive?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 7:41pm On Apr 06, 2017
andrewza:

Sending i fo real time over a secure line from the Gulam to say a fighter or art is not as easy as you think. But i dont see why it cant. If the gulam as a GPS or some other way of establishing it,s position, a laser rang finder and a means to get berrings it can easily figure out on a map where the target it is looking at is located.

Onse it has that infomastion that where there is a snag. Do the fighters and gunners have the sytems in place to recive the data. I dont think nigeria as such a system in place. I think it being relayed. Though depending on the mission that relay could be near real time.
none of the questions henry posted should be classified in a normal clime but I was assuming that the officers around might not be too friendly with sharing any info.... you know this men dont like sharing technical info on any of their systems.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 7:45pm On Apr 06, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
if they ain't buying, please show them the door..

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:00pm On Apr 06, 2017
Guinea army

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 06, 2017
GreenandGold:

That's f#cking sad.. Did anyone survive?

The crew escaped and were picked up off the side of the mountain by a fire-fighting Huey.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:08pm On Apr 06, 2017
grin grin grin

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1071) (1072) (1073) (1074) (1075) (1076) (1077) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.