Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,298 members, 7,826,181 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1076) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5980554 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1073) (1074) (1075) (1076) (1077) (1078) (1079) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 2:25am On Apr 07, 2017
lexykeyz:

A french jet stationed in chad. Is this not a threat to Nigeria already no matter what their reasons be? angry angry angry

Other countries such as Russia would have stationed some su 34 or 30 to keep them in check. We av the F7-Ni sha undecided undecided undecided

Oga Airborne what if u are ordered to use ur alpha against a rafale.Hmmm God dey.
Christ
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 2:32am On Apr 07, 2017
lexykeyz:

A french jet stationed in chad. Is this not a threat to Nigeria already no matter what their reasons be? angry angry angry

Other countries such as Russia would have stationed some su 34 or 30 to keep them in check. We av the F7-Ni sha undecided undecided undecided

Oga Airborne what if u are ordered to use ur alpha against a rafale.Hmmm God dey.
For now is it not a direct treat to Nigeria even if France is the country I fear the most.. But the treat France pose is weekening Nigeria in the region. Dont critisiz the F7 like that we didnt have the choice soon we are going to change it. For a country that have more 180 M people not be able to respond to every style of treat is dangerous but right now Nigeria is going in the right direction.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 3:26am On Apr 07, 2017
Vikkie14:
Notice my choice of word: "as active as before".
SAS is still active but not on same scale as when they were newly set-up.
Apart from the Armored APC used by SAS "MOPOL", i'm not aware of any armoured Hilux in their arsenal.
BTW, is Osun still making use of Armoured Hilux from Proforce?

The reason i'm asking is that, i'm of the opinion that MOST(if not all) of those armoured Hilux-es(1 per LG with the exception of Ife, Osogbo and Ilesa) were recalled/replaced with those Big APC (that can compete with Bigfoot MRAP for height grin), and all the hilux-es being driven(apart from the above mentioned ones) are not armored.

I haven't seen them in service since then, if not that you claimed you do now.

Operation Burst is still in existence nah. Was in IB couple of months ago, saw 4 of their vehicles in transit at Iwo Road.

I can't say too much about the hilux but from the picture I have, it's armored. It's noticeable from the gun shot force on it.
I don't even know about the APC you're talking about as I haven't been to Osun state for over a year now.

I still remember those days when guys sagging avoid men of OP -BURST. grin

You're an Askari?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:33am On Apr 07, 2017
Odunayaw:
undecidedumbrellas up folks

here it comes again

umbrella ! angry

everybody go for the nearest foxhole grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 4:02am On Apr 07, 2017
GreenandGold:

This post alone is enough to stop the incoming storm.

We starting the weekend felas so we can chill wink

I'm not trying to support anyone but the post says Service Centers. It's likely possible AETSL does the servicing herself or with a sister company whatsoever.

The present NAF administration has seen the exhobitant among being quoted by foreign companies and might have increased indigenous capability.
Com'on, we're talking about airframe here and I don't give a damn if it's a Charlie-130. Nigerian engineers can do it.
Obviously, the engineers are not accredited to do that by Lockheed Martin but it doesn't mean we're not doing.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:23am On Apr 07, 2017
tdayof:

I'm not trying to support anyone but the post says Service Centers. It's likely possible AETSL does the servicing herself or with a sister company whatsoever.

The present NAF administration has seen the exhobitant among being quoted by foreign companies and might have increased indigenous capability.
Com'on, we're talking about airframe here and I don't give a damn if it's a Charlie-130. Nigerian engineers can do it.
Obviously, the engineers are not accredited to do that by Lockheed Martin but it doesn't mean we're not doing.

Here's the thing though, no one claims that routine/regular/line maintenance is not conducted by the NAF. It is standard procedure, not just for Nigeria, that in the life of an aircraft, work to support the craft will be divided thus:
1) the operator will conduct some, in this case the NAF;
2) the operator will engage the services of suitably qualified providers (the Saudis who got Henry so excited, for example); and
3) at certain pre-determined periods, the OEM (Lockheed in this case) will be responsible for some work to preserve the life of the aircraft.

This is the case, regardless of who you are. In this case the OEM has 10 centres around the world doing no.3 above; it just happens to be Denel Aviation in Africa, which Henry has a hard time accepting. By the way, operators can ask any of the 10 centres to quote and use whichever. Which is exactly what the NAF did in 2014 with Sabena. Hell, the SAAF has used OGMA in Portugal in the past.

A few months ago a pic was posted of an Algerian AF C-130 at Lanseria, on its way to Denel Aviation. They happened to have chosen Denel (maybe they came in cheaper than the other 9 centres, who knows) at that time; other times they've used Sabena and AMMROC in the UAE.
They're not so brittle as to think it somehow diminishes their sense of self as a nation. Nor do any of the many C-130 operators around the world whose OEM mandatory work is done by the 10 centres.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 5:47am On Apr 07, 2017
off-topic

US has launched about 60 tomahawk missiles at a syrian airbase suspected of lauching the recent gas attack.

well, was good knowing ya'll.grin.

Nigeria COIN

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:19am On Apr 07, 2017
TrueHeart365:
off-topic

US has launched about 60 tomahawk missiles at a syrian airbase suspected of lauching the recent gas attack.

well, was good knowing ya'll.grin.

Nigeria COIN
Are you off to your underground doomsday bunker? grin grin grin
Don't rush there just yet. The strike was a once-off, the Russians were pre-warned and none of their assets targeted. Trump is just signalling to his domestic audience how tough he is.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by giles14(m): 6:31am On Apr 07, 2017
Nok234:

For now is it not a direct treat to Nigeria even if France is the country I fear the most.. But the treat France pose is weekening Nigeria in the region. Dont critisiz the F7 like that we didnt have the choice soon we are going to change it. For a country that have more 180 M people not be able to respond to every style of treat is dangerous but right now Nigeria is going in the right direction.
its a very big threat .

France is trying to tell Nigeria if u do anyhow you see anyhow

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:36am On Apr 07, 2017
frumentius:

Don't rush there just yet. The strike was a once-off, the Russians were pre-warned and none of their assets targeted. Trump is just signalling to his domestic audience how tough he is.

high plausibility

but it could be a setting stage for the Xi-Trump summit-level meet in Florida. hard line posturing aimed at china ?

everybody seems to miss that....

syrian issue is just a speck when compared to the south china sea / N Korean issue dont u think atleast where core US interests r concerned

add to it the threat from US to go standalone against NK

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:37am On Apr 07, 2017
Nok234:

It is a very big threat to Nigeria. Not an immediate threat, but a very significant future threat but as usual, expect our politicians not to see it.

We are at the mercy of France, completely surrounded on all sides by a french military which supported Biafra secessionists during the civil war.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:47am On Apr 07, 2017
nemesis2u:

high plausibility

but it could be a setting stage for the Xi-Trump summit-level meet in Florida. hard line posturing aimed at china ?

everybody seems to miss that....

syrian issue is just a speck when compared to the south china sea / N Korean issue dont u think atleast where core US interests r concerned

add to it the threat from US to go standalone against NK
The N.Korea threat was empty posturing. All that tough talk and Drumpf had backed himself into a corner.
Tin hat alert: the timing of the whole gas attack is suspicious. Assad had absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose. Based purely on who stands to benefit, I'm inclined to believe the Russians that the Syrians bombed a rebel chemical factory.
But yes you might be right: Drumpf is also talking to the Chinese with these, apart from his domestic audience (for some reason I can't stop thinking of Bill Clinton, Monica Lewinsky and Tomahawks in Khartoum).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:50am On Apr 07, 2017
tdayof:

It is not a matter of trying to support. I have posted with multiple links and enough photos to show that all comprehensive maintenance on NAF C-130s, not only C-130s by the way, is carried out by AETSL, sometimes in partnership with a foreign partner.

If a complete overhaul is required, the aircrafts are flown to Portugal(NAF 917) or to the UK (NAF 918). There is no evidence from the Nigerian side that there is an existing contract with Denel. We cannot continue to come here and claim what does not exists.

We have no contract with Denel. If there was an existing contract, when did that happen? Did it happen in an alternate universe?

We did it with Sabena in 2014, with Bcgneeds in 2014/2015, now this Saudi company wants to partner after seeing our facility in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:52am On Apr 07, 2017
frumentius:

The N.Korea threat was empty posturing. All that tough talk and Drumpf had backed himself into a corner.
Tin hat alert: the timing of the whole gas attack is suspicious. Assad had absolutely nothing to gain and everything to lose. Based purely on who stands to benefit, I'm inclined to believe the Russians that the Syrians bombed a rebel chemical factory.
But yes you might be right: Drumpf is also talking to the Chinese with these, apart from his domestic audience (for some reason I can't stop thinking of Bill Clinton, Monica Lewinsky and Tomahawks in Khartoum).

grin grin grin

what happened to her , she totally fell of the radar , u got any photographic clues ? cheesy
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 07, 2017
nemesis2u:

grin grin grin

what happened to her , she totally fell of the radar , u got any photographic clues ? cheesy
She was no Helen of Troy, well except to Clinton. So no, I am not about to google photo clues. grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:34am On Apr 07, 2017
France isn't an immediate threat
Unstable Govs from CMR-CHAd-NIGER are bigger threat in the event of any actipn that leads to there fall n instability in these countries .

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by TrueHeart365(m): 7:37am On Apr 07, 2017
frumentius:

you're right tho. but i think on the North korea/china posturing, trump is just making empty threats. china will neverr allow US encroachment in their backyard.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:55am On Apr 07, 2017
IbnSultaan:
Unstable Govs from CMR-CHAd-NIGER are bigger threat in the event of any actipn that leads to there fall n instability in these countries .

I've always thought this. Biya and Deby will most likely die in office. Does Nigeria have a plan for the inevitable fall-out from a disorderly succession?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 8:26am On Apr 07, 2017
frumentius:

So Syria has no functional air defense, cruise missiles just hit their valuable targets like that.

If America goes in on the ground, I have popcorn and DSTV grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:27am On Apr 07, 2017
Nigerian Air Force Pilot

10 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:34am On Apr 07, 2017
Nigerian Air Force MI-35p

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:38am On Apr 07, 2017
Nigerian Air Force pilot

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:42am On Apr 07, 2017
Nigerian Navy

Building the Karaduwa

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:45am On Apr 07, 2017
Henry240:
Nigerian Air Force MI-35p
No pictures of our mi-35m
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 8:46am On Apr 07, 2017
giles14:
its a very big threat .

France is trying to tell Nigeria if u do anyhow you see anyhow
What I wanted to say by direct threat is that the jet wont stik but rather a show of force and a reminder that they are boss over here.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 07, 2017
lexykeyz:

na wa for una, dem say you dey there is different from I dey there smiley
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 8:57am On Apr 07, 2017
Henry240:

It is a very big threat to Nigeria. Not an immediate threat, but a very significant future threat but as usual, expect our politicians not to see it.

We are at the mercy of France, completely surrounded on all sides by a french military which supported Biafra secessionists during the civil war.

oh yes 3M death thats something no one can forget, thats why I said is the country I fear the most and by the way Hate the most. Thats what I was trying to say more of a reminder that they are in control. French bases is a very huge problem, the biggest problem is how to make them go back to their country and I afraid its not for today. Lol I Understand why Algeria is that kited.
Our Politiciens are or blind, or doesnt even know the history of Nigeria... Or they are so afraid that they have already capitulated in their mind.
But like I said we are going in the right direction, today everybody agree we need to modernise the military and at tv the military is focus on that. We have new bases, others are coming. Im very optimistic
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:59am On Apr 07, 2017
tdayof:
No pictures of our mi-35m
We would have to wait on the Nigerian Air Force for those.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 9:02am On Apr 07, 2017
IbnSultaan:
France isn't an immediate threat

I dont agree France is the GodFather of those countries you listed, if there is a problem and Nigeria is involved France will imediatly take the opposite side. We have example with the crisis with Cameroon, France is the country that build BIR of cameroun and imagine against who ? ... If someone slap you once, you must be careful.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by DictatorZAR1: 10:11am On Apr 07, 2017
Off topic. Breaking News Russia has just informed Trump it has withdrawn all Air Safety Agreements with the Pentagon in Syria Airspace.

I would love to see a mini show of US Navy against S-400.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/us-russia-air-strikes-syria-suspend-agreement-memorandum-direct-conflict-military-donald-trump-putin-a7671631.html

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 10:20am On Apr 07, 2017
DictatorZAR1:
Off topic. Breaking News Russia has just informed Trump it has withdrawn all Air Safety Agreements with the Pentagon in Syria Airspace.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/us-russia-air-strikes-syria-suspend-agreement-memorandum-direct-conflict-military-donald-trump-putin-a7671631.html
Ok lol
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by GreenandGold: 10:25am On Apr 07, 2017
DictatorZAR1:

We would all love to... But with AWACS + EA-18G Growler + Tomahawks, those S400 batteries stand no chance.

For all we know, they could have been attacked last night.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1073) (1074) (1075) (1076) (1077) (1078) (1079) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.