Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5966500 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1109) (1110) (1111) (1112) (1113) (1114) (1115) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 7:03pm On Apr 22, 2017
Henry240:

I've also shared CAD designs of the vehicle in this thread. Search for "Chronos studios" right here in this site.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 7:04pm On Apr 22, 2017
Henry240:
Photos from Nigeria Air Force capability demonstration held yesterday
2nd picture, what is that?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 7:06pm On Apr 22, 2017
tdayof:

Just say bad CAD skills. Just like the Airbus Beluga, ugly aircraft but it's serving it's purpose.

If a CAD design of this aircraft is being uploaded into FEA to analyse, result will show alot of deformations but those guys at Airbus won't agree.

Is igirigi serving it's purpose effectively? yes

No. Results will not show a lot of deformation. If they do show a lof of deformation, Airbus will change their design. Whatever stresses,strains, and deformations must be within their originally calculated estimates, otherwise the design gets thrown into the dustbin. That's exactly why they would pay thousands of dollars to buy the FEA software in the first place.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 22, 2017
I'm sorry for the reposts, I'll have to share the photos in this page. They are better here. cool cool

Nigerian Air Force Capability Demonstration

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 22, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:10pm On Apr 22, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 22, 2017
Nok234:

What is on the hilux ?

NAF TEST FIRES LOCALLY PRODUCED ROCKETS

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has successfully test fired 30.1mm ground to air Inert Head Rockets locally produced by its Research and Development Team. The rockets were test fired during the Weapons Meet at Kwenev Air Range, Makurdi to commemorate the 53rd anniversary celebration of the NAF. Also produced by the NAF R& D were the ground based rail launcher and vehicle mounted rail rocket launcher. The rocket launchers are fired through a remotely controlled firing based system. Aside from the display of air defence weapon, there was also a spectacular demonstration of weapon delivery by some of the NAF platforms. The aircraft fired both rockets and canons with high level of precision. A total of 4 NAF aircraft participated in the weapons meet with each arriving over the range with a spacer pass at 200ft for the helicopters and 300ft for the jets. The participating aircraft included Augusta 109 LUH with backdoor gunner, L-39ZA, Alpha Jet and F-7Ni. The exercise was aimed at sharpening the targeting skills of NAF pilots to acquire and engage targets as well as test the precision of the aircraft in hitting the targets. Four designated targets were identified and the formations attacked the targets one after the other starting with cobra, tiger and aggressor formations.

In his remarks at the occasion, the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), General Gabriel Olonishakin felicitated with the NAF on its 53rd anniversary celebration and commended the commitment of the current NAF leadership for improving the capacity of officers and men. “Today, I am proud to declare that the NAF has lived up to expectation. This sequencing, airmanship and accurate delivery of firepower from the various platforms that participated at the Air Weapons Meet are highly commendable”.

Gen Olonishakin also disclosed that Nigeria can boast of an Air Force that can deliver appropriate air power as witnessed in the North East where the NAF air interdiction, ground attack and close air support missions played a pivotal role in the counter-terrorism/insurgency operations.

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 7:19pm On Apr 22, 2017
ssaengine:

No. Results will not show a lot of deformation. If they do show a lof of deformation, Airbus will change their design. Whatever stresses,strains, and deformations must be within their originally calculated estimates, otherwise the design gets thrown into the dustbin. That's exactly why they would pay thousands of dollars to buy the FEA software in the first place.
Nope. F.E.A can't handle some aspects well. It will obviously show some deformities on aircraft like the Beluga but aerodynamically, the design is perfect. FEA is not stable when it comes to fluid dynamics.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by fabselad(m): 7:33pm On Apr 22, 2017
Henry240:

but serious the f-7 missed the target.but if it was BH i guess even a near miss would have done the work smiley
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 7:41pm On Apr 22, 2017
jakeporeshenko:
NAF

NICE PICTURE MATE.

please can we get more close-up pictures of the MI-35p

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:42pm On Apr 22, 2017
Kenyan paratroopers

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nok234: 7:47pm On Apr 22, 2017
Henry240:

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has successfully test fired 30.1mm ground to air Inert Head Rockets locally produced by its Research and Development Team. The rockets were test fired during the Weapons Meet at Kwenev Air Range, Makurdi to commemorate the 53rd anniversary celebration of the NAF. Also produced by the NAF R& D were the ground based rail launcher and vehicle mounted rail rocket launcher. The rocket launchers are fired through a remotely controlled firing based system. .

Very nice, the Armed Forces are really working now. Im pretty sure they are going to suprise us in the coming years
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 7:57pm On Apr 22, 2017
Henry240:

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has successfully test fired 30.1mm ground to air Inert Head Rockets locally produced by its Research and Development Team. The rockets were test fired during the Weapons Meet at Kwenev Air Range, Makurdi to commemorate the 53rd anniversary celebration of the NAF. Also produced by the NAF R& D were the ground based rail launcher and vehicle mounted rail rocket launcher. The rocket launchers are fired through a remotely controlled firing based system. Aside from the display of air defence weapon, there was also a spectacular demonstration of weapon delivery by some of the NAF platforms. The aircraft fired both rockets and canons with high level of precision. A total of 4 NAF aircraft participated in the weapons meet with each arriving over the range with a spacer pass at 200ft for the helicopters and 300ft for the jets. The participating aircraft included Augusta 109 LUH with backdoor gunner, L-39ZA, Alpha Jet and F-7Ni. The exercise was aimed at sharpening the targeting skills of NAF pilots to acquire and engage targets as well as test the precision of the aircraft in hitting the targets. Four designated targets were identified and the formations attacked the targets one after the other starting with cobra, tiger and aggressor formations.

In his remarks at the occasion, the Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), General Gabriel Olonishakin felicitated with the NAF on its 53rd anniversary celebration and commended the commitment of the current NAF leadership for improving the capacity of officers and men. “Today, I am proud to declare that the NAF has lived up to expectation. This sequencing, airmanship and accurate delivery of firepower from the various platforms that participated at the Air Weapons Meet are highly commendable”.

Gen Olonishakin also disclosed that Nigeria can boast of an Air Force that can deliver appropriate air power as witnessed in the North East where the NAF air interdiction, ground attack and close air support missions played a pivotal role in the counter-terrorism/insurgency operations.
This is the bigger story.One did not even know they were working on this.Job well done.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:18pm On Apr 22, 2017
LTGEN:

This is the bigger story.One did not even know they were working on this.Job well done.

I love the fact that we are aggressively pushing local content. It's great all round.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 8:22pm On Apr 22, 2017
Henry240:

You completely misunderstood my comment and you went further to make an unnecessary aggressive post, which if i had responded in a like manner, would have led to an unnecessary derailment of this thread.

You and i and many others have been in this thread since 2013, in that time i have posted at least 50 photos of the Igirigi.

I've also shared CAD designs of the vehicle in this thread. Search for "Chronos studios" right here in this site.

My post simply was to show that what we saw in 2013 was just a development process, which lead to an actual market competitive LAV in 2014. As at 2016 we now have alot of locally produced military and law enforcement vehicles that agencies in Nigeria and other parts of Africa have picked from. Infact in 2015 we secured a contract from a French government agency to supply armoured vehicles to an unnamed African country. We achieved this in 4 years.

My comment was merely in support of the Tanzanian developmental process. That your response showed a simple lack of basic understanding is an understatement.

Infact bros, just have a nice day.

I dont see what was aggressive about my comment. Only person aggressive here is you. As you say i misunderstood your comment. Thought you were talking to another Nigerian, hence me not understanding 8 years.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:23pm On Apr 22, 2017
Henry240:

I love the fact that we are aggressively pushing local content. It's great all round.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 22, 2017
More Nigerian Air Force photos

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:25pm On Apr 22, 2017

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:26pm On Apr 22, 2017
More photos

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 8:26pm On Apr 22, 2017
tdayof:
Nope. F.E.A can't handle some aspects well. It will obviously show some deformities on aircraft like the Beluga but aerodynamically, the design is perfect. FEA is not stable when it comes to fluid dynamics.

You would do a structural analysis (aircraft structures). In other words the FEA package doesn't know if it's a huge hairy giant squeezing it, or aerodynamic forces....it will only tell you how it will warp and deflect from said force. In basic basic summary.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:27pm On Apr 22, 2017
More images from yesterday's capability demonstration

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:29pm On Apr 22, 2017
tdayof:

Nice, if you have a full frontal view showing the missiles please post it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 8:30pm On Apr 22, 2017
fabselad:

but serious the f-7 missed the target.but if it was BH i guess even a near miss would have done the work smiley

Missed for real? I know some people who are going to roast another person if this is true.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 8:31pm On Apr 22, 2017
Henry240:

Nice, if you have a full frontal view showing the missiles please post it.

I have told the guy. I'll post once he reply.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 22, 2017
tdayof:

I have told the guy. I'll post once he reply.

You're our go-to-guy cool cool wink wink

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 22, 2017
ssaengine:

Missed for real? I know some people who are going to roast another person if this is true.

I implore you to stop displaying your ignorance. The video is available for you to see for yourself and confirm for yourself.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 8:53pm On Apr 22, 2017
Henry240:

I implore you to stop displaying your ignorance. The video is available for you to see for yourself and confirm for yourself.

I never said it missed dude. Impore the original guy who said it missed. I asked confirmation from him. You ignored his comment....don't get on my back just because i didnt..

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:05pm On Apr 22, 2017
NAF Static and Aerial Display

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Adminisher: 10:07pm On Apr 22, 2017
ssaengine:

Of course F7 will miss target. Why do you think NAF is buying Super Tucano and JF 17?. For accurate munitions delivery, I would even take Super Tucano over JF 17. No offence meant
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:16pm On Apr 22, 2017
Adminisher:

Of course F7 will miss target. Why do you think NAF is buying Super Tucano and JF 17?. For accurate munitions delivery, I would even take Super Tucano over JF 17. No offence meant

The target was not missed. Is there a different video you are watching other than what was shared by NAF?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 10:23pm On Apr 22, 2017
Adminisher:

Com'on what are you saying?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:38pm On Apr 22, 2017
Nigerian Air Force

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1109) (1110) (1111) (1112) (1113) (1114) (1115) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Floky215 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.