Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:33 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (147) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5948935 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by asorockweb: 4:11pm On Apr 21, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Nothing wrong with being trained by them.

The point was that a US News Network was trying to make a connection between the NN-SBS and a great US institution (the Navy SEALs.)

NN-SBS has trained with many different nations and forces including the US, the Brits, the Pakistanis and of cause, the Nigerian Army.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 21, 2015
Nigerian Air Force

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:45pm On Apr 21, 2015
Senegalese Army commandos

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by horlams: 8:27pm On Apr 21, 2015
Henry120:
army
Are these guys troops of d NA? If yes,pls what unit n what r d details of d training?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 8:29pm On Apr 21, 2015
Henry120:
army
I love this
That is what an African army in the 21st century looks like.....
#Salutes
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:12pm On Apr 21, 2015
horlams:

Are these guys troops of d NA? If yes,pls what unit n what r d details of d training?

Nope. Senegalese Army commandos.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:14pm On Apr 21, 2015
gottfried21:

I love this
That is what an African army in the 21st century looks like.....
#Salutes

Sadly, that's not the case. Spending 20,000 dollars per soldier is just not feasible.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by horlams: 5:15am On Apr 22, 2015
Henry120:

Nope. Senegalese Army commandos.
Thanks.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:03pm On Apr 22, 2015
rooivalk

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:59pm On Apr 22, 2015
Rooivalk, in its war guise.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 22, 2015
Pic 1: The hills and jungles of the DRC hold some interesting things;

Pic 2: Hard to believe the Ukrainians are still here, with everything going on in their country.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 22, 2015
Tanzanian Army S.F in the eastern DRC with a Negev LMG.

Along with Tanzania, Kenya and Cameroun also use the Negev LMG.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:35pm On Apr 22, 2015
frumentius:
Pic 1: The hills and jungles of the DRC hold some interesting things;

Pic 2: Hard to believe the Ukrainians are still here, with everything going on in their country.

The Ukrainians badly need that money, so they can afford to have their pilots and Helicopters on UN missions.

Besides, why send Helicopters and Pilots to a conflict, when you know they are going to get shot down anyway......... They are safer in the DRC, Sudan and Liberia.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 22, 2015
Nigeria COIN N.E

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:16pm On Apr 22, 2015
Henry120:

The Ukrainians badly need that money, so they can afford to have their pilots and Helicopters on UN missions.

Besides, why send Helicopters and Pilots to a conflict, when you know they are going to get shot down anyway......... They are safer in the DRC, Sudan and Liberia.

Actually, the Ukrainian heli pilots in the DRC were the first to be recalled home - they had the most combat experience in their airforce when the conflict erupted. I don't know about Liberia, but with people shooting at you, DRC and Sudan are no sinecure.

You're aware that the UN re-imburses after the deployment - which is no longer 6 months but a full year? Which means contributing countries commit troops and materiel for a full year out of their own budgets, and only get funds back later. And only after certain conditions are met, for example, all your equipment must be 85% operationally functional at all times, else you incur penalties.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by horlams: 9:57pm On Apr 22, 2015
frumentius:
Rooivalk, in its war guise.
Beautiful,but jst too expensive...$40M,damn!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:41pm On Apr 22, 2015
frumentius:

Actually, the Ukrainian heli pilots in the DRC were the first to be recalled home - they had the most combat experience in their airforce when the conflict erupted. I don't know about Liberia, but with people shooting at you, DRC and Sudan are no sinecure.

You're aware that the UN re-imburses after the deployment - which is no longer 6 months but a full year? Which means contributing countries commit troops and materiel for a full year out of their own budgets, and only get funds back later. And only after certain conditions are met, for example, all your equipment must be 85% operationally functional at all times, else you incur penalties.

The Rule on deployment of assets can be bent. I remember South-Africa wanted/negotiated down payments before the Rooivalk and medium lifts were deployed in the DRC.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:12am On Apr 23, 2015
Henry120:

The Rule on deployment of assets can be bent. I remember South-Africa wanted/negotiated down payments before the Rooivalk and medium lifts were deployed in the DRC.

You're mistaken. UN DPKO specifically requested Rooivalk after Battle of Kibati because they were dissatisfied with the performance of the Ukrainian and Congolese Hinds. SA then correctly, insisted on payment up-front as this was a post-deployment request which hadn't been budgeted for.

Don't know where you get the medium airlift part as the C-130s are always part of any SA deployment. How else do you think supply runs are conducted?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 23, 2015
horlams:

Beautiful,but jst too expensive...$40M,damn!
True. But that price reflects the cost of the 12 that were ordered. A sizeable order would bring the price down drastically and with Denel saying 100 to re-open production, I seriously doubt future airframes.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:22am On Apr 23, 2015
Henry120:
Tanzanian Army S.F in the eastern DRC with a Negev LMG.
Nope. Regular Tanzo infrantry.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 23, 2015
frumentius:

You're mistaken. UN DPKO specifically requested Rooivalk after Battle of Kibati because they were dissatisfied with the performance of the Ukrainian and Congolese Hinds. SA then correctly, insisted on payment up-front as this was a post-deployment request which hadn't been budgeted for.

Don't know where you get the medium airlift part as the C-130s are always part of any SA deployment. How else do you think supply runs are conducted?

I was referring to the medium lift oryx Helicopter, not C-130s.

On the Rooivalk deployment, that's now clear.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:02am On Apr 23, 2015
frumentius:

Nope. Regular Tanzo infrantry.

Regular Tanzanians Infantry now field Negev and Galil ACE?

I know regular troops use the AK-47 and RPK.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 23, 2015
Tanzanian Army

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:38am On Apr 23, 2015
Henry120:

I was referring to the medium lift oryx Helicopter, not C-130s.
Still mistaken. SA has always had 5-6 Oryx in the DRC right from the first deployment in the peace-keeping MONUC.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 23, 2015
Henry120:

Regular Tanzanians Infantry now field Negev and Galil ACE?

I know regular troops use the AK-47 and RPK.

In your original pic, the guy with the LMG is regular infantry; his mate on the right with the Galil ACE is SF.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 9:44am On Apr 23, 2015
sorry for derailing...

But south africans are the most lazy and annoying people..
how i wish aparthied days can return to that cursed god forsaken mix raced country.

can you imagine what they did to a Nigerian citizen.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:49am On Apr 23, 2015
Nigerian Air Force

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 23, 2015
frumentius:

I remember when Kenya joined AMISOM, during the negotiation, the UN had refused to include Naval assets to the Somali mission, kenya had spent 10million dollars in 1year for the navy alone http://www.nation.co.ke/News/-/1056/1615192/-/xatqbez/-/index.html I still don't know if the current re-reimbursements include the navy. for the rest of air and ground troops KDF spends on average 43 million dollars per six months
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 12:15pm On Apr 23, 2015
frumentius:

True. But that price reflects the cost of the 12 that were ordered. A sizeable order would bring the price down drastically and with Denel saying 100 to re-open production, I seriously doubt future airframes.
I suspect a further development of the current MK 1 airframes.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 12:23pm On Apr 23, 2015
denisfidha:

I remember when Kenya joined AMISOM, during the negotiation, the UN had refused to include Naval assets to the Somali mission, kenya had spent 10million dollars in 1year for the navy alone http://www.nation.co.ke/News/-/1056/1615192/-/xatqbez/-/index.html I still don't know if the current re-reimbursements include the navy. for the rest of air and ground troops KDF spends on average 43 million dollars per six months

Depends on the naval ship. If you bring a few patrol boats(think armerd speed boats) think the organization should cover them. But any naval ship bigger enough for a name should be a separate issue. They cost a lot to keep at 85% readiness and a simple issue can render them non opernal.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:35pm On Apr 23, 2015
south africa : Anti immigrant violence

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 1:02pm On Apr 23, 2015
I all ways run in to issues when posting pics from defenceweb. Here is the source so others can maybe do it.
http://defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_joomgallery&func=viewcategory&catid=126&Itemid=136

(1) (2) (3) ... (144) (145) (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.