Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,156 members, 7,860,140 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:36 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (1899) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6028163 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1896) (1897) (1898) (1899) (1900) (1901) (1902) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jul 18, 2019
Off-Topic

The F-35 Turkey would never see.

Turkish Air Force F-35A, now ex.

Was is it a good decision for Turkey to have gone for the S-400 over the F-35?

Turkey has the second largest army in NATO.

Turkey also spends above the mandatory 2% of GDP on defence. It actually spends over, while the likes of Germany spends under 2%.

Turkey had pledged to buy 110 F-35A's.

Turkey also makes parts for the F-35 program. This manufacturing would now be moved back to the US.

Russia is now offering Turkey the SU-35.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 3:50pm On Jul 18, 2019
Henry240:
Off Topic

Iran Army, Nezaja, receives the first batch of 3 HESA Mohajer-6 ISTAR-capable unmanned combat aerial vehicles.

The battle-tested Mohajer-6 has an endurance of 24 hours and a range of 2000 km.

Not a bad looking UAV at all.
yeah I saw this on the news looks like the tsaigumi uav

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 18, 2019
Toju200:
yeah I saw this on the news looks like the tsaigumi uav
Exactly. grin grin

I think this is what the armed Tsaigumi would look like.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 3:59pm On Jul 18, 2019
Henry240:
Off-Topic

Was it a good decision for Turkey to have gone for the S-400 over the F-35?

Turkey also spends above the mandatory 2% of GDP on defence. It actually spends over, while the likes of Germany spends under 2%.

Turkey also makes parts for the F-35 program. This manufacturing would now be moved back to the US.

so turkey grounded their F35 or it's still in service...
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 4:01pm On Jul 18, 2019
Henry240:

Exactly. grin grin

I think this is what the armed Tsaigumi would look like.
hope so.....pls one question is NAF actually engage in the DEMFAS N-ICON drone program.... Cos I really want that project to come out successful it will be a game changer in our defense industry.....
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 18, 2019
Second algerian mine countermeasures vessel El-Kasseh class (based on Katanpaa class) ready for delivry .

Pic today in italy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 18, 2019
Toju200:
so turkey grounded their F35 or it's still in service...
US will not sell to them any longer. They would also not deliver the 4 units already made. Turkish pilots would be sent home from training.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jul 18, 2019
Toju200:
hope so.....pls one question is NAF actually engage in the DEMFAS N-ICON drone program.... Cos I really want that project to come out successful it will be a game changer in our defense industry.....
No report to suggest NAF are working with DEMFAS.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MiddleDimension: 4:08pm On Jul 18, 2019
Henry240:

US will not sell to them any longer. They would also not deliver the 4 units already made. Turkish pilots would be sent home from training.

the same turkey that shot down SU24 pilots. but why is Russia doing deals with them?

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 4:10pm On Jul 18, 2019
Henry240:

No report to suggest NAF are working with DEMFAS.
you know I asked just to be sure cos I was going through some past post and I saw the info about the N-ICON drone saying NAF will take care of the Arming of the drone while a Chinese company will handle the GCS

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 4:10pm On Jul 18, 2019
When the geopolitical coordinates changed after the cold war, Turkey intended to become regional superpower in the middle east. To archive that the ultranationalisic Erdogan government wants to become more independent from NATO. Turkey felt very much treated like a 2nd class NATO member when US denied to sell the Patriot PAC3 several times in the last decade. This changed when they showed interest in the S400. And at the same time they joined the F35 programm, but i think it is also understandable that the US dont want to share data that could be used to diminish the F35 effectiveness.
They made their choice, but i would always prefer offensive over defensive weapons, if you have a choice.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SuperSixSeven: 4:12pm On Jul 18, 2019
Henry240:
Off-Topic

When the geopolitical coordinates changed after the cold war, Turkey intended to become regional superpower in the middle east. To archive that the ultranationalisic Erdogan government wants to become more independent from NATO. Officially Turkey felt treated like a 2nd class NATO member when US denied to sell the Patriot PAC3 several times in the last decade. This changed when they showed interest in the S400. And at the same time they joined the F35 programm, but i think it is also understandable that the US dont want to share data that could be used to diminish the F35 effectiveness.
They made their choice, but i would always prefer offensive over defensive weapons, if you have a choice.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 4:12pm On Jul 18, 2019
MiddleDimension:

the same turkey that shot down SU24 pilots. but why is Russia doing deals with them?
I heard that incident was a mistake and they have settled their difference.... Russia was even the cos why would they not respond to their radio message and warning

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 18, 2019
Koni II , ocea small patroller , algiers

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jul 18, 2019
Alg Paratrooper at army games russia

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by LTGEN: 4:42pm On Jul 18, 2019
Henry240:

\
TURKEY is the biggest loser in this
it takes years and $M to train a pilot to be able to fly a plane like the F35
Years of R& D and Manufacture and infrastructure set up.
now ALL THAT IS GONE
Russia will sell the SU35
They will not set up shop in TURKEY
PUTIN ain't that stupid.
Pilots will now have to be retrained on the SU35
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jteku(m): 6:23pm On Jul 18, 2019
Off Topic:

Russian Airforce Su30LL low fly less the a meter to the ground

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 6:47pm On Jul 18, 2019
jteku:
Off Topic:

What a crazy pilot & incredible bird grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 6:51pm On Jul 18, 2019
jteku:
Off Topic:

it's so majestic and flies like a prince &grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Daverytimes(m): 7:07pm On Jul 18, 2019
Henry240:
Off-Topic

Would be a big loss to both the US and Turkey (the plane will definitely get more expensive), but frankly having proper A2/AD is more important today than having stealth fighters.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by saengine: 7:38pm On Jul 18, 2019
SA troops deployed in troubled parts of Cape Town, facing an explosion in gang related violence.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jul 18, 2019
saengine:
SA troops deployed in troubled parts of Cape Town, facing an explosion in gang related violence.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jul 18, 2019
MiddleDimension:

Russia retaliated heavily with economic sanctions on Turkey, also bombed Turkmen to smithereens at that time.

Russia stands to gain a lot from the sale. Turkey has the second largest military in NATO, Turkey also has VETO power in NATO. Russia can also spy on NATO with this.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jul 18, 2019
SuperSixSeven:

When the geopolitical coordinates changed after the cold war, Turkey intended to become regional superpower in the middle east. To archive that the ultranationalisic Erdogan government wants to become more independent from NATO. Officially Turkey felt treated like a 2nd class NATO member when US denied to sell the Patriot PAC3 several times in the last decade. This changed when they showed interest in the S400. And at the same time they joined the F35 programm, but i think it is also understandable that the US dont want to share data that could be used to diminish the F35 effectiveness.
Just a bit of correction, Turkey has always been a part of the F-35 programme. They've invested 1.3 billion dollars in the programme.

I also think ditching the F-35 for the S-400 is a poor decision.

Turkey stands to lose 12 billion dollars in F-35 sales.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 18, 2019
Daverytimes:

Would be a big loss to both the US and Turkey (the plane will definitely get more expensive), but frankly having proper A2/AD is more important today than having stealth fighters.
I don't think the US would lose. For one I expect Poland would purchase more F-35s, maybe 30 more. Finland would most likely purchase the F-35 to replace their legacy F/A-18s. Switzerland fighter tender, the F-35 would win that.

The US Air Force would most likely order more to cover up any potential losses from Turkey.

The absolute biggest loser is Turkey. They've been kicked out off the F-35 programme along with 12 billion dollars in potential business. They have now put their ATAK Helicopter programme at high risk. The engines come from the US, nobody would want to buy an Helicopter which is sanctions prone.

The engine for their Tank, I believe that's also American. The programme is now at risk.

Potential military relations with the US, by extension NATO would now be very specific.

Frankly, for a nation like Turkey, the F-35 should be a far more important asset than the S-400. It's not worth the risk.

They can go for the SU-35 or the SU-57 now.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 8:19pm On Jul 18, 2019
Good evening house I saw a post recently on proforce Nigeria Instagram page it was posted late last year around December 18 or so... It says the NAF and proforce signed MoU for collaboration in production of attack helicopters and drones....there were photos of the signing but I couldn't upload it
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jul 18, 2019
SuperSixSeven:
When the geopolitical coordinates changed after the cold war, Turkey intended to become regional superpower in the middle east. To archive that the ultranationalisic Erdogan government wants to become more independent from NATO. Turkey felt very much treated like a 2nd class NATO member when US denied to sell the Patriot PAC3 several times in the last decade. This changed when they showed interest in the S400. And at the same time they joined the F35 programm, but i think it is also understandable that the US dont want to share data that could be used to diminish the F35 effectiveness.

Regional superpower lol

My friend he wants to establish a Islamic caliphate stretching from Europe to Africa and he himself the Sultan grin

S400 sale was never a option for turkey , it was a tribute demanded by Putin in leau of the shooting of their aircraft etc and importantly cessation of hostilities which was impeding turkish ops in the region. The failed coup was the last nail in the coffin.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 18, 2019
Toju200:
Good evening

Good night uncle toju
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Toju200(m): 9:28pm On Jul 18, 2019
nemesis8u:

Good night uncle toju
lol � � na still evening na.... Ok good night
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 18, 2019
jteku:
Off Topic:

Doing this stunt is good for airshows only

Can't undertake terrain hugging low altitude missions in real life

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 18, 2019
Rwanda

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 18, 2019
Toju200:
I heard that incident was a mistake and they have settled their difference.... Russia was even the cos why would they not respond to their radio message and warning

grin

If Putin was reading what u wrote he would be like........

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1896) (1897) (1898) (1899) (1900) (1901) (1902) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: oyinpr(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.