Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,324 members, 7,860,773 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 04:02 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6029003 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 03, 2015
Nigerian DSS (secret police)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 1:48pm On Jul 03, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 2:00pm On Jul 03, 2015
jln115:

What Rifle is that mate?

I don't know ey, I've been asking around, and most people keep confusing it with the M4
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 03, 2015

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jul 03, 2015
Centrifude:

I don't know ey, I've been asking around, and most people keep confusing it with the M4
FN F2000 ,can you observe the trigger discipline of those DSS agents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5L1d_oD0VU
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jul 03, 2015
africaken:
FN F2000 ,can you observe the trigger discipline of those DSS agents

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5L1d_oD0VU

Appropriate trigger discipline.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 03, 2015
Nigerian Army

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 03, 2015
Centrifude:

Actually i think @africaken quite correctly pointed out that its a Beretta ARX 160!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jul 03, 2015
jln115:

Actually i think @africaken quite correctly pointed out that its a Beretta ARX 160!!
oops are we still on that one

somalia airforce Bell 204 helicopter before the civil war

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:36pm On Jul 03, 2015
Proforce limited first MRAP Prototype.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jul 03, 2015
Henry120:
Botswana Air Force
what fighters are these?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jul 03, 2015
craziebone:
what fighters are these?
Canadair CF-5
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jul 03, 2015
craziebone:
what fighters are these?

CF-5 from Canada. Canadian licence built F-5.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 03, 2015
AMISOM

Somali special forces and Ugandan policemen on night patrol.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 12:51am On Jul 04, 2015
Henry120:
Proforce limited first MRAP Prototype.

African countries should stop importing MRAP.

Egypt, Sudan, Algeria, Nigeria, Morocco, should start building their own domestic MRAP and stop wasting dollars on importation.

Africa invented MRAP and the rest of the world copied us !

=======================================================================================

[size=13pt]Zimbabwe-Rhodesia invented the first MRAP in the world [/size]

Leopard Security Vehicle 1974

"After the unfortunate death of a close relative in a land-mine incident in 1974, inventor Ernest Konschel began exhaustive research on land-mine damaged vehicles and mine craters, ultimately designing and producing the first in a series of dedicated monocoque construction mine resisting vehicles, the Leopard.

(Monocoque meaning the body forms the chassis or frame of the motor vehicle, as opposed to a purpose made chassis).

This design is a forerunner to many of the mine resistant vehicles developed and used in Southern and Central Africa from that time to the present."

Thank you Zim, Africa is very proud of you

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 4:35am On Jul 04, 2015
agaugust:

African countries should stop importing MRAP.

Egypt, Sudan, Algeria, Nigeria, Morocco, should start building their own domestic MRAP and stop wasting dollars on importation.

Africa invented MRAP and the rest of the world copied us !

=======================================================================================

[size=13pt]Zimbabwe-Rhodesia invented the first MRAP in the world [/size]

Leopard Security Vehicle 1974

Thank you Zim, Africa is very proud of you

That vehicle only entered production in 1975

========================================================================================
[size=13pt]South Africa developed the first Military grade mass produced MRAP "The Hippo" which entered service in 1974 and the first MRAP of ALL MRAP's with the Hyehna which entered service in 1972 [/size]
========================================================================================

Pic 1: Hyehna MRAP (entered service in 1972)
Pic 2: Hippo MRAP (entered service in 1974)

I hope you will be able to heap the same praise on South Africa as you did Rhodesia

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jul 04, 2015
any info on this engagement between nigeria army and bokoharam being reported ?

sources near Maiduguri, the capital of Borno State, have told SaharaReporters that members of the Nigerian armed forces have been involved in firefights with Boko Haram terrorists today.

Multiple sources have told our SaharaReporters correspondent that Boko Haram has lost numerous fighters during the latest battles, though no reliable figure of the death toll have been provided.
http://saharareporters.com/2015/07/03/boko-haram-and-nigerian-military-fighting-near-maiduguri-both-sides-casualties
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 2:02pm On Jul 04, 2015
Patchesagain:

That vehicle only entered production in 1975

[size=13pt]South Africa developed the first Military grade mass produced MRAP "The Hippo" which entered service in 1974 and the first MRAP of ALL MRAP's with the Hyehna which entered service in 1972 [/size]

Pic 1: Hyehna MRAP (entered service in 1972)
Pic 2: Hippo MRAP (entered service in 1974)

I hope you will be able to heap the same praise on South Africa as you did Rhodesia

Well, I am not a praise singer actually.

I post things that promote African military.

If I find something unique about South African military that no other African country has, I will post it and give due credit to South Africa, it`s just that I found nothing like that yet.

Hyena MRAP was also invented by Zimbabwe-Rhodesia, in 1972. History confirms :

RDF
COMMUNITY AIRSOFT TEAMS SIMULATING THE SUN RHODESIA

MRAP || Hyena
Published Mon, 10/22/2012 - 1:55user Pastor

Hyena

Developed in 1972, it was made by 1974 .; Judging by the chassis, hood, probably on the Land-Rover chassis.

"Hyena" was the first MRAP in Rhodesia, and was subsequently replaced in the newer subdivisions on armored vehicles.

By the end of the war she was in service only in BSAP.

Patrol 4x4 armored vehicle with a versatile 4-speed gearbox.

max speed - 127 km / h

fuel tank - 80 liters

Cruising range - 560 km

Source : Rhodesian Defence Forces Community Website

The Hyena lacks the V-hull of the Leopard, and most sources credit the Leopard as the first true MRAP.

[size=13pt]World history confirms the Zimbabwean Leopard MRAP to be the forerunner of other MRAPs produced in Southern Africa[/size]

Historical facts should be accepted as without ill-feelings. That is the African spirit of tribute

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jul 04, 2015
Nigerian Air Force L-39ZA

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:28pm On Jul 04, 2015
agaugust:

RDF

MRAP || Hyena

Hyena

Developed in 1972, it was made by 1974 .; Judging by the chassis, hood, probably on the Land-Rover chassis.

"Hyena" was the first MRAP in Rhodesia, and was subsequently replaced in the newer subdivisions on armored vehicles.

max speed - 127 km / h

fuel tank - 80 liters

Cruising range - 560 km

The Hyena lacks the V-hull of the Leopard, and most sources credit the Leopard as the first true MRAP.

[size=13pt]World history confirms the Zimbabwean Leopard MRAP to be the forerunner of other MRAPs produced in Southern Africa[/size]

Historical facts should be accepted as without ill-feelings. That is the African spirit of tribute
The only thing right in your post was the fact that it was the first MRAP in Rhodesia, BUT it was built in South Africa and exported to Rhodesia!!

"Manufactured and supplied:

Police South Africa - 37 pieces.

Army South Africa - 21 pcs.

Exported to Rhodesia - 146 pieces.

Civil Departments of South Africa - 27 TCS."

Same source as you used above

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 2:43pm On Jul 04, 2015
jln115:

The only thing right in your post was the fact that it was the first MRAP in Rhodesia, BUT it was built in South Africa and exported to Rhodesia!!

"Manufactured and supplied:

Police South Africa - 37 pieces.

Army South Africa - 21 pcs.

Exported to Rhodesia - 146 pieces.

Civil Departments of South Africa - 27 TCS."

Same source as you used above

Source did not say Hyena MRAP was developed by South Africa.

A country can get design from abroad, import the prototype, and build it, then export same.

The general history of MRAP technology clearly says :

"The MRAP design was first introduced in specialized vehicles in the 1970s built by and for the Rhodesian Army, and further developed by South African manufacturers."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MRAP

Same way Leopard MRAP was invented and developed in Zimbabwe, then exported to South Africa for reverse engineering to produce South African MRAPs which were then manufactured and exported by South Africa.

History records the Zimbabwean Leopard as the FORE-RUNNER of all other MRAPs produced in Southern Africa and Central Africa, the whole world is led by Zimbabwe`s MRAP design, that is the record of history.

"After the unfortunate death of a close relative in a land-mine incident in 1974, inventor Ernest Konschel began exhaustive research on land-mine damaged vehicles and mine craters, ultimately designing and producing the first in a series of dedicated monocoque construction mine resisting vehicles, the Leopard.

(Monocoque meaning the body forms the chassis or frame of the motor vehicle, as opposed to a purpose made chassis).

This design is a forerunner to many of the mine resistant vehicles developed and used in Southern and Central Africa from that time to the present."

http://www.baragwanath.co.za/leopar

PHOTO : Zimbawean Leopard MRAP invention, imported into South Africa for reverse engineering, displayed by Technical team at South African National Museum of Military History inside South Africa

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 04, 2015
agaugust:

Source did not say Hyena MRAP was developed by South Africa.

A country can get design from abroad, import the prototype, and build it, then export same.

Same way Leopard MRAP was invented and developed in Zimbabwe, then exported to South Africa for reverse engineering to produce South African MRAPs which were then manufactured and exported by South Africa.

History records the Zimbabwean Leopard as the FORE-RUNNER of all other MRAPs produced in Southern Africa and Central Africa, the whole world is led by Zimbabwe`s MRAP design, that is the record of history.

http://www.baragwanath.co.za/leopar

PHOTO : Zimbawean Leopard MRAP invention, imported into South Africa for reverse engineering, displayed by Technical team at South African National Museum of Military History inside South Africa
Saying the same thing over and over again isnt going to make it true.....The fact is, South Africa was the first country to develop the MRAP with a V shaped hull eg Hyena. The only thing that made the Leopard different was the fact that it had a monocoque chassis , which BTW was developed by a South African.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Cannonleo(m): 6:51pm On Jul 04, 2015
Henry240:
Guys, you are derailing this thread. Please stop derailing this thread!
patches nd austino its enough the sanctity of this thread goes beyond the consistent commentators
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 04, 2015
One of my favorite Top Gear videos of all time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDoRmT0iRic

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 7:52pm On Jul 04, 2015
Cannonleo:
patches nd austino its enough the sanctity of this thread goes beyond the consistent commentators

Kindly tell Patches to stop attacking my comments, I have sources and photos to back up my comments. If he has contrary opinion, let him do his own separate comments and ignore my own. Simple.

Thanks man.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jul 04, 2015
agaugust:

Kindly tell Patches to stop attacking my comments, I have sources and photos to back up my comments. If he has contrary opinion, let him do his own separate comments and ignore my own. Simple.

Thanks man.
Hahahahahahah you will never get more irony than in this post....you just wont !!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jul 04, 2015
SAAF

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jul 04, 2015
jln115:
One of my favorite Top Gear videos of all time:
https://Ric

Top Gear would never be the same with clarkson gone. Jeremy was Top Gear! My favourite episode was the Drag race between the Eurofighter typoon and the Bugatti veyron.

That race literally took my breath away.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jul 04, 2015
Henry120:

Top Gear would never be the same with clarkson gone. Jeremy was Top Gear! My favourite episode was the Drag race between the Eurofighter typoon and the Bugatti veyron.

That race literally took my breath away.
Hahahah My Sunday nights will never be the same again, at least i was fortunate enough to see them live once!! But the good thing is that, it seems like Jeremy,James and Richard are very likely going to start a new car show to rival the new Top Gear, BBC will realize that they killed Top Gear the day they fired Clarkson!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jul 04, 2015
Henry120:
SAAF
Awesome pic !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by andrewza: 11:34pm On Jul 04, 2015
One could say the first mass produced for the military, proper MRAP that could carry a crew and a squad of troops is the buffel. Most of the others where made in tiny numbers and not really suited for the military. Used only because they was nothing better.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 7:12am On Jul 05, 2015
agaugust:

Well, I am not a praise singer actually.

I post things that promote African military.

If I find something unique about South African military that no other African country has, I will post it and give due credit to South Africa, it`s just that I found nothing like that yet.

RDF

MRAP || Hyena

Hyena

max speed - 127 km / h

fuel tank - 80 liters

Cruising range - 560 km

There are no ill feelings, I am simply correcting you on a mistaken post you have made.

South African Hyhena was the first MRAP

I find it strange that you are so unwilling pay give South Africa the credit it deserves, as you say Historical Facts should be accepted without ill feelings

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.