Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,194 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:19 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5949015 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (2841) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:07pm On Aug 12, 2015
Mobile Radar System

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:02pm On Aug 12, 2015
Uganda army Tank female driver

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 9:08am On Aug 13, 2015
NA SF commando

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:19am On Aug 13, 2015
stillchris:
NA SF commando
Beautifully tricked out AK-103!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by realnas(m): 10:10am On Aug 13, 2015
Henry120:

it looks lik the ak 74M check out the rust coloured plastic magazine
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 10:16am On Aug 13, 2015
Henry120:

Nigerian army's love for AK is undeniable.

I wonder why they haven't decided to put pressure dicon to upgrade the OBJ(I wish they could change that name though).
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:18am On Aug 13, 2015
patriot4:

See that place as a makeshift cyber café.

That's funny, though I've yet to walk into a cyber cafe kitted out like this:

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:20am On Aug 13, 2015
Or where you can just call up these:

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 11:57am On Aug 13, 2015
frumentius:

Nice command center there. Well above standard IMO.

Nothing beats raw footage. So please if you have access you can feed us with more.

Or you can just make someone else do the dirty work fo you cheesy

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:33pm On Aug 13, 2015
stillchris:

Nothing beats raw footage. So please if you have access you can feed us with more.

Ha! Do you know how much trouble I'd find myself in?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 13, 2015
frumentius:

Waiting to hear if I can get transferred to a tactical mobile command for the weekend assault.

They say be careful what you wish for. Got my wish, and the temperature is plummeting! For the next week, I'm in Company HQ, Alpha Company, 9SAI, in a command Mamba APC.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 13, 2015
frumentius:

Patching different pictures of different places together has nothing to do with the question which I was answering.
Indeed, in the greatest fraud possible, you took my sentence out of context and you started posting photos of different places none of which is the place I was commenting, here is my sentence in full:
"In a place where people work with computers, it is not surprising to have computers at every desk.
Those desks don't look like permanent offices, therefor it is best to use laptops there than desktops.
It is just the same as when you go to some computer science classes.
See that place as a makeshift cyber café."

The place I was commenting is a bunch of desks and chairs with one laptop at each desk.
I sincerely don't see why you want to make it look like something mervelous is taking place.
Let us not turn a cyber café into a trip to the moon. My time for these matters is running out, I have serious business to do. Good bye.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 12:57pm On Aug 13, 2015
NA somewhere in Eastern Europe

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 12:58pm On Aug 13, 2015
New camo for army sf?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 13, 2015
patriot4:

Patching different pictures of different places together has nothing to do with the question which I was answering.
Indeed, in the greatest fraud possible, you took my sentence out of context and you started posting photos of different places none of which is the place I was commenting, here is my sentence in full:
"In a place where people work with computers, it is not surprising to have computers at every desk.
Those desks don't look like permanent offices, therefor it is best to use laptops there than desktops.
It is just the same as when you go to some computer science classes.
See that place as a makeshift cyber café."

The place I was commenting is a bunch of desks and chairs with one laptop at each desk.
I sincerely don't see why you want to make it look like something mervelous is taking place.
Let us not turn a cyber café into a trip to the moon. My time for these matters is running out, I have serious business to do. Good bye.

I really wish people would refrain from exposing their ignorance so blatantly. So let me educate you:
The command centre for Exercise Young Eagle 2015 comprises these various mini-centres:-
1) planning command (where I work);
2) air command;
3) logs command; and
4) general command (where everything comes together).
All of which photos I posted.

Planning command, which you impertinently call a cyber cafe, by its very nature is a temporary set-up for an Exercise; once the exercise gets underway it is largely redundant. Continuing functions are absorbed into mission commands.

Please enlighten yourself here:
http://ftp.combitech.se/en/Markets/Saab-South-Africa/Land/Chaka/Features/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:43pm On Aug 13, 2015
Nigerian Army FLIR LTV system mounted at the back of light and Armoured vehicles, providing 360 degrees situational awareness for troops conducting COIN operations.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:46pm On Aug 13, 2015
frumentius:

No question, it is state of the art!

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 1:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
Dat paratrooper swag

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:52pm On Aug 13, 2015
NighttWalker:
New camo for army sf?
That's a tricked out N.A beryl rifle, Nice!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:53pm On Aug 13, 2015
These South-African Soldiers seem to be carrying some sort of DMR, I don't think it's a sniper rifle.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 13, 2015
NighttWalker:

Where was the 3rd photo taken, it looks like Nigeria, but I'm not sure.

I know the caption says eastern europe, but I don't think N.A SF took their rifles to Russia.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 1:57pm On Aug 13, 2015
Henry120:
[

where did ya get the pic?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 13, 2015
patches689:

where did ya get the pic?
From EWN, something like that. It's a news site.
Can you I.D the rifle?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:03pm On Aug 13, 2015
Henry120:

From EWN, something like that. It's a news site.

Can you I.D the rifle?

Accurized R1

Filling in until the R4 DMR's are all delivered
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 13, 2015
frumentius:

They say be careful what you wish for. Got my wish, and the temperature is plummeting! For the next week, I'm in Company HQ, Alpha Company, 9SAI, in a command Mamba APC.
Command Mamba ? Never knew they came in a Command variant, I only thought the Ratel came in a command variant.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 3:30pm On Aug 13, 2015
NighttWalker:

Lovely pictures, just noticed the 3rd pic the soldier is wearing head sets for comms connected to a wireless adoptor on his shoulder. And a soldier backing him carrying a portable radio comms system.

Hope these is the beginning of new things to come.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:56pm On Aug 13, 2015
Nigeria COIN

F-7 Pilots

F-7 and Alpha jets

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 13, 2015
jln115:

Command Mamba ? Never knew they came in a Command variant, I only thought the Ratel came in a command variant.

Depends on the unit. Essentially boils down to this: in a tactical HQ, OC + mobile platform + C2 tools (Chaka in this case) = Command.

Whizzed past me this morning and never got chance to take photos were 3 CASSPIR Electronic Warfare Platforms. This photo from elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 4:05pm On Aug 13, 2015
Henry120:

Where was the 3rd photo taken, it looks like Nigeria, but I'm not sure.

I know the caption says eastern europe, but I don't think N.A SF took their rifles to Russia.
Just checked again and it clearly looks like Nigeria, got that mixed with the other pics.

New camo

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 13, 2015
Nigerian commando

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:09pm On Aug 13, 2015
frumentius:

Depends on the unit. Essentially boils down to this: in a tactical HQ, OC + mobile platform + C2 tools (Chaka in this case) = Command.

Whizzed past me this morning and never got chance to take photos were 3 CASSPIR Electronic Warfare Platforms. This photo from elsewhere.

info on them?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 4:10pm On Aug 13, 2015
bidexiii:

Lovely pictures, just noticed the 3rd pic the soldier is wearing head sets for comms connected to a wireless adoptor on his shoulder. And a soldier backing him carrying a portable radio comms system.

Hope these is the beginning of new things to come.
indeed looks like it, this is another pic of the same guy but look at the guys to his left in the background who got some gears on, think things are changing in NA for good.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) ... (2841) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.