Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5969554 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:51pm On Aug 14, 2015
MikeCZAR:
First pic: We are witnessing the building of a new SOF unit more robust than the navy's boat squadron.

Equivalent to 44 pathfinder platoon.

Wait, what?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 14, 2015
gottfried21:

A few Air Force buddies were telling me that the Government has decided to drop the whole Gripen deal in favor of the J-10...And as far as MBTs go we expressed our interest in that new Chinese tank the MBT-3000...Even though I honestly feel like we should be pushing the Germans to sell us Leo's!!!
Anyways...

Besides i think other areas of military needs to be strengthened i.e. transport planes, choppers,MPA's , decent Air surveillance capability, improved intel gathering capability And i pray that the next ship the navy buys from China comes with a helicopter hanger grin grin

Namibia

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 14, 2015
uganda army BMP-2

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 14, 2015
uganda troops in south sudan

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:54pm On Aug 14, 2015
bidexiii:

NA should av some units of bmp2 units if not bmp3, few days ago I saw the bmp3 with the Saudi army on CCTVA those "ifv" are sexy horses to ride into battle grin
those BMP-3 are not saudi but UAE
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:56pm On Aug 14, 2015
President Museveni atop a UPDF armoured truck during his visit to the soldiers on the frontline in South Sudan. For a year now, part of Uganda’s national army, the Uganda People’s Defence Forces (UPDF), are still on the frontline in Africa’s youngest country
http://www.monitor.co.ug/SpecialReports/UPDF-toasts-to-a-year-in-South-Sudan-as-peace-talks-drag-on/-/688342/2570694/-/13hnuug/-/index.html

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 14, 2015
Uganda army SISU PASI APC in somalia

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:42pm On Aug 14, 2015
jln115:
Windhoeker Maschinenfabrik developing 6x6 and 8x8 armoured vehicles

"Namibian company Windhoeker Maschinenfabrik (WMF) is busy developing a 6x6 armoured recovery vehicle and an 8x8 armoured vehicle and has put its new Mk III armoured personnel carrier into production.

Magarete van Niekerk, the Sales and Marketing representative for Windhoeker Maschinenfabrik, told defenceWeb that the Mk II vehicle underwent testing last year, including blast tests that involved a 14 kg explosive detonating under the rear of the vehicle, 14 kg under the driver and 21 kg under the body."

http://www.defenceweb.co.za/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=40292:windhoeker-maschinenfabrik-developing-6x6-and-8x8-armoured-vehicles&catid=50:Land&Itemid=105
The photo looks a lot like a chinese bigfoot mrap.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:05am On Aug 15, 2015
Small Arms: PMB Directs NASENI To Work With Defence Industry http:///XWCPsBVtin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:31am On Aug 15, 2015
ViceAdmiral:

I know wiki says we operate BTR's and i know in 1990 SWAPO 'donated' BTR's to the Government but i doubt if we use them i've been paying 'attention' to our military for a while now and i haven't seen evidence of one in service, I'm still waiting for the day i see a Namibian BTR, T-34 and T-54/55 tanks as listed by wiki grin grin ...The defence web article says that a new light armoured vehicle is the cards,cant wait to see the results cool cool
Actually read on Defenceweb that Namibia still operated a few BTRs, although im not sure how long ago that list was last updated, but it would be great to see some MK11 and Mk111 in the Namibian Army inventory, hell maybe we even see the 6X6 variant in an IFV platform!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:43am On Aug 15, 2015
patriot4:
haha I can assure you its not mate!! Neither is it a copy of the Bigfoot, If there is one thing that Namibians know how to build its MRAPs.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 7:11am On Aug 15, 2015
patriot4:
And the Bigfoot isn't really a clean Chinese design.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:52am On Aug 15, 2015
Pulling out ceremony of the former Nigerian Chief of Naval Staff

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:18am On Aug 15, 2015
jln115:

Actually read on Defenceweb that Namibia still operated a few BTRs, although im not sure how long ago that list was last updated, but it would be great to see some MK11 and Mk111 in the Namibian Army inventory, hell maybe we even see the 6X6 variant in an IFV platform!

Yeah also read the article either way as it turns out those BTR's and other relics are in storage it seems,Uhm the MK11 is already in service its been for over a atleast decade, its the mk111 we are waiting for wink wink

Some MK11's are fitted with 2A28 Grom 73mm guns now

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:21am On Aug 15, 2015
How does it feel just before a mission

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 9:37am On Aug 15, 2015
africaken:
those BMP-3 are not saudi but UAE

Okay, tnks mate!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 9:44am On Aug 15, 2015
Henry120:
Pulling out ceremony of the former Nigerian Chief of Naval Staff

Beautiful pictures.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:44am On Aug 15, 2015
Burkina Faso military display parade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQFeh0iQa6g
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 15, 2015
ethiopia military equipments and weapons display

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 15, 2015
rwanda Ratel IFV

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:15am On Aug 15, 2015
NighttWalker:
Just checked again and it clearly looks like Nigeria, got that mixed with the other pics.

New camo

I hope your stash of Special forces photos isn't depleted?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:16am On Aug 15, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:24am On Aug 15, 2015
Bishoftu Automotive Industry, which EASF members visited on November 22, is one of the 15 industries owned by Ethiopian army under Metals and Engineering Corporations. Bishoftu assembles, upgrades, overhauls military products such as tanks and multi-purpose armed personnel carriers. PHOTO / ANDUALEM SISAY
http://www.africareview.com/News/East-African-Standby-Force-ready-for-peacekeeping/-/979180/2533358/-/nryi8u/-/index.html

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 15, 2015
Senegalese commando

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 15, 2015
ViceAdmiral:

Yeah also read the article either way as it turns out those BTR's and other relics are in storage it seems,Uhm the MK11 is already in service its been for over a atleast decade, its the mk111 we are waiting for wink wink

Some MK11's are fitted with 2A28 Grom 73mm guns now
Aaahhh!! thought the mk11 was a new development, either way Im still keen to see the 6x6 version!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 15, 2015
Nigeria COIN

Commando mortar

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 15, 2015
africaken:
http://www.africareview.com/News/East-African-Standby-Force-ready-for-peacekeeping/-/979180/2533358/-/nryi8u/-/index.html

Been meaning to ask about the status of other Regional standby brigades. I've only been following SADC exercises[Since its were i'm from]...Hows the progress with west Africa and north africa??SADC has yearly special forces exercises[Welwitchia,Valo de Keve, Highlander etc...],
biennial air exercises[ blue Okavango, blue zambezi, blue cluster]
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:56pm On Aug 15, 2015
Namibian Navy

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 15, 2015
Namibian marine corps

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:10pm On Aug 15, 2015
Namibian Defence Force's Service Chiefs all are always two star flag,air,general officers

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:06pm On Aug 15, 2015
Nigerian navy police personnel.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 1:16am On Aug 16, 2015
Ghana

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.