Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,477 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:51 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (221) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5969777 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:23pm On Aug 13, 2015
NighttWalker:
indeed looks like it, this is another pic of the same guy but look at the guys to his left in the background who got some gears on, think things are changing in NA for good.

The entire gear for our Army looks really really good. It used to be the Navy, but the Army guys are out in force!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 13, 2015
AMISON uganda soldiers

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 4:27pm On Aug 13, 2015
NighttWalker:
indeed looks like it, this is another pic of the same guy but look at the guys to his left in the background who got some gears on, think things are changing in NA for good.

Nice pictures nighttwalker , but the picture looks like it was taken in Nigeria. probably when they got back, look at camp/tent at the background just saying.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
uganda special forces

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 13, 2015
chadian soldiers

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 13, 2015
a uganda soldier with a QLZ-87 automatic grenade launcher

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 13, 2015
uganda BMP-2 IFV

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 13, 2015
China Gives UPDF Equipment For Somalia Mission

http://ugandaradionetwork.com/story/china-boost-somalia-mission

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:14pm On Aug 13, 2015
bidexiii:

Nice pictures nighttwalker , but the picture looks like it was taken in Nigeria. probably when they got back, look at camp/tent at the background just saying.

Yes, he concurs with you.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 5:27pm On Aug 13, 2015
africaken:
uganda BMP-2 IFV

NA should av some units of bmp2 units if not bmp3, few days ago I saw the bmp3 with the Saudi army on CCTVA those "ifv" are sexy horses to ride into battle grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:02pm On Aug 13, 2015
patches689:

info on them?
Not much but I'm hoping a mate who wears a black beret will let me have a look in the next few days. Those 1 Tac Int Regt fellows can be paranoid about their toys at times! sad
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:20pm On Aug 13, 2015
Gottfried is it safe to assume that Commando operators 'proper' are the guys that wear that patch with the dagger ontop of the name tag??While the paras don't right??Thou both sets wear the maroon beret

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 13, 2015
frumentius:

Depends on the unit. Essentially boils down to this: in a tactical HQ, OC + mobile platform + C2 tools (Chaka in this case) = Command.

Whizzed past me this morning and never got chance to take photos were 3 CASSPIR Electronic Warfare Platforms. This photo from elsewhere.
First time I've ever seen a Casspir in this variant, very impressive indeed! Any idea how many of these EW platforms we have in service?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 13, 2015
Pic 1: Namibian Police Air Wing boss
Pic 2: Namibian Marine Corps Amphibious Commando cool cool
Pic 3: I wonder if these guys are Amphibious Commandos as well

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 13, 2015
Namibian Air Force fighter pilots,was surprised to see Namibian pilots standing in front of a Zambian Air Force K-8 guess they are trained there as well or it was some sort of joint exercise

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ukemeramat(m): 7:24pm On Aug 13, 2015
NA COIN OPS #GALLANT

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 7:28pm On Aug 13, 2015
Ghana cool

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 7:34pm On Aug 13, 2015
Ghana cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 7:39pm On Aug 13, 2015
Ghana

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 7:43pm On Aug 13, 2015
cont

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
off topic A-10C close air support

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4LOGfuuugc
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 7:51pm On Aug 13, 2015
cont cool

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Obostone: 7:53pm On Aug 13, 2015
cont

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 13, 2015
AMISON troops and MRAP's

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:21pm On Aug 13, 2015
AMISON soldiers

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 9:49pm On Aug 13, 2015
Henry120:

There are also the Namibian contributors ( Gottfried21 and ViceAdmiral), the Kenyan Contributors ( Denisfdha and Africaken), our occassional Ghanian contributors who pop in once in a while, the South-Africans (Patches689, Andrewza, Jln115, Mikeczar, Frumentius, Centrifude, Dictatorzar who only views but never contributes ), and of-course the Nigerian Contibutors ( my humble self, bidexiii, Fynline, Stillchris, Ibnsultan, Giles14, and many others who have contributed).

If this thread is your daily ritual, I'm addicted to it!
Oga Henry.. Go and find somewhere to fix my name in that comment. ASAP.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 9:55pm On Aug 13, 2015
Henry120:
These South-African Soldiers seem to be carrying some sort of DMR, I don't think it's a sniper rifle.
R1 sniper rifle.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:58pm On Aug 13, 2015
overhypedsteve:
Oga Henry.. Go and find somewhere to fix my name in that comment. ASAP.

Big boss, no vex for me. This thread would be nothing without all our collective, dedicated contributions.

Fixed!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 10:02pm On Aug 13, 2015
frumentius:

Not much but I'm hoping a mate who wears a black beret will let me have a look in the next few days. Those 1 Tac Int Regt fellows can be paranoid about their toys at times! sad
Saw action in Angola.

used as a command vehicle at one point.

Angolan tank crews communication systems would be "disturbed" prior or during a battle.

Effective system.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 10:10pm On Aug 13, 2015
ViceAdmiral:
Gottfried is it safe to assume that Commando operators 'proper' are the guys that wear that patch with the dagger ontop of the name tag??While the paras don't right??Thou both sets wear the maroon beret
I'm not Gottfried.

But I think so.

"Operators' badge" many airborne forces worldwide with British influence wear maroon berets.

Some members don't wear the badge cause they are not qualify but are members of the unit.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 10:12pm On Aug 13, 2015
jln115:

First time I've ever seen a Casspir in this variant, very impressive indeed! Any idea how many of these EW platforms we have in service?
There's still a Ratel.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 13, 2015
MikeCZAR:
I'm not Gottfried.

But I think so.

"Operators' badge" many airborne forces worldwide with British influence wear maroon berets.

Some members don't wear the badge cause they are not qualify but are members of the unit.

Did abit more digging on the maroon beret and it appears to be an airborne thing grin grin...Thing is unlike in SA were the insignia differs on the maroon beret of the Paras and SF, here in Namibia the insignia is shared [i believe] and i've been trying to figure out the difference between a commando and a Para though both collectively here are referred to SF,So i got the thought perhaps that the operators badge is only for commandos..... Come to think of it that inverted commando knife and laurel wreath very much resembles the SASF operators badge so perhaps my gut feeling was right...

ou and a further read
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maroon_beret

(1) (2) (3) ... (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.