Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:17 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5964770 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:09pm On Sep 12, 2015
Passing out Parade of officer cadets from Nigeria's Premier Defence Academy.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 12, 2015
denisfidha:

I've seen about 4 articles now about ethiopian airforce pilots seeking asylum in other countries, what the heck is going on there
the ethiopia regime is paranoid that its going to be over thrown thus the detention of ethiopia airforce pilots who it suspect to be the future suspects smiley
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 13, 2015
africaken:
you should tear gas them like marine recon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnwoImblCI0
There is a small video that shows KDF bieng trained and for like a fraction of a second, an instructor appears to be throwing a canister, Don't know if the white one is teargas (he apears to be running away from it) or just a regular smoke grenade that they also use

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 13, 2015
This documentary would have been so much cooler if we had a bigger more modern fleet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDBB27PmZ8Y

Snapshots:

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:42am On Sep 13, 2015

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 13, 2015
africaken:
the ethiopia regime is paranoid that its going to be over thrown thus the detention of ethiopia airforce pilots who it suspect to be the future suspects smiley
Some of them deserted with aircrafts they were flying while on patrol/excersize from mi-35 to migs... must be really bad
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:10am On Sep 13, 2015
denisfidha:
This documentary would have been so much cooler if we had a bigger more modern fleet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDBB27PmZ8Y

Snapshots:
i remember missing that documentary and i searched for it online to no avail.thanks for posting it
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 11:22am On Sep 13, 2015
Nigeria Coin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 13, 2015
gottfried21:
Nigeria

Nigeria COIN

Nigerian Service Chiefs, and a chief from the Police ( man in blue).

COAS Tukur Burutai sitting in the middle, with a Reva III MRAP and Kamaz 6x6 logistics truck behind.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 13, 2015
Nigeria COIN

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ssaengine: 12:35pm On Sep 13, 2015
SAAF - 09/09/15

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 13, 2015
VIDEO of Russia soldiers in exercise in the harbour of Tartous in Syria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLPYt_vp-qQ
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:41pm On Sep 13, 2015
Zambian army patrol in the South-Sudan

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:43pm On Sep 13, 2015
africaken:
VIDEO of Russia soldiers in exercise in the harbour of Tartous in Syria.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLPYt_vp-qQ

I'm watching this exercise video, like those of the Americans and British before it, and i simply can't point out what extra-ordinary these so called Special mission Soldiers do differently from Africans, in this case Nigerian Troops.

Asides the fact that Americans, French and British forces call in air support at virtually every instance they are engaged. By the enemy, their fire and enemy engagement tactics/ response, breaching, clearing and mopping up seems the same.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 2:54pm On Sep 13, 2015
Cameroonian Forces...
Credits to CCTV Africa

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 13, 2015
gottfried21:
Swaziland

Sorry for referring to an old post but is that a wer'wolf mk11
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:38pm On Sep 13, 2015
WARNING dead terrorists .this is the on going operation in sinai.this is from the official egyptian armed forces youtube channel,i just hope most of sub sahara would be informative like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAkBj-T30_0
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 13, 2015
Henry120:

I'm watching this exercise video, like those of the Americans and British before it, and i simply can't point out what extra-ordinary these so called Special mission Soldiers do differently from Africans, in this case Nigerian Troops.

Asides the fact that Americans, French and British forces call in air support at virtually every instance they are engaged. By the enemy, their fire and enemy engagement tactics/ response, breaching, clearing and mopping up seems the same.
during the battle for fallujah, many insurgents dead had being killed by head shot .that the US marine corp instituted an investigation to confirm if those were executions or head shot kills .it was later confirmed indeed the exceptional marksmanship of marines was the result of those dead insurgents.i have had the privilege of having a discussion with men who protect our president ,i was told because many of them are trained in the U.S and britain the amount of time a western soldier spends on the range we can't equate that and if you get time and seek the youtube video of the man who created seal team 6. he said the amount of bullets they used only 75 shooters was more than what US marine corp (do you know the size of the marine corp !)spent annually
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 4:29pm On Sep 13, 2015
Henry120:

By the looks of things they were playing OPFOR, due to the fact that they were acting like typical FSA/IS/Al-Nustra militia, from the way they were dressed to the way they were shooting and the tactics they employed

The differences are glaringly obvious.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:24pm On Sep 13, 2015
patches689:

By the looks of things they were playing OPFOR, due to the fact that they were acting like typical FSA/IS/Al-Nustra militia, from the way they were dressed to the way they were shooting and the tactics they employed

basically the PKM guy tries to attract some idiot who pop head around the corner and then the designated marksman shoots him when he tries to return fire.as you can see the PKM guy is firing short bust not like you see an idiot emptying a whole belt into nothing
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:07pm On Sep 13, 2015
africaken:
basically the PKM guy tries to attract some idiot who pop head around the corner and then the designated marksman shoots him when he tries to return fire.as you can see the PKM guy is firing short bust not like you see an idiot emptying a whole belt into nothing

That's exactly my point. The PKM guy draws fire, while the DMR takes out the target. It's an everyday tactic employed by troops.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:27pm On Sep 13, 2015
patches689:

Wrong.

They were repelling ISIS terrorist, not playing the part of the terrorists.

You can clearly see that the PKM guys were drawing fire, while the DMR and extra two shooters were taking out the IS targets.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:29pm On Sep 13, 2015
Henry120:

That's exactly my point. The PKM guy draws fire, while the DMR takes out the target. It's an everyday tactic employed by troops.
not everyone ,uganda army had very difficult period trying to take control of territory when they were deployed in mogandishu ,until they were trained and advised in battle by Private military contractors.most western forces have urban warfare training facilities and skilled instructors unmatched by us,where they train regular

War Games: Israeli Urban Warfare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzY59lJ1A-w
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 13, 2015
Henry120:

Wrong.

You can clearly see that the PKM guys were drawing fire, while the DMR and extra two shooters were taking out the IS targets.
never underestimate your enemy even if its al nusra,ISIS,alqaeda e.t.c during the urban fighting in mogandishu between alshabaab and uganda troops ,alshabaab utilized trenches to move in open spaces.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 13, 2015
Ugandan tanks, vehicles on way to Somalia

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl1lWT5TJvc
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 7:27pm On Sep 13, 2015
ViceAdmiral:

Sorry for referring to an old post but is that a wer'wolf mk11
Yes...The sale of 12 units to the Swazis was a big deal back then...was even in the newspaper.
Here's another picture(isn't very clear though)but you can still make out its contents smiley

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by SergeAlain: 9:47pm On Sep 13, 2015
I agree with you. The main difference is in the finer stuff. They can afford to practice and hone their skills to an extent we are unable to match. e.g. Before the Boko haram crises, how many Nigerian soldiers had actually fired a live RPG? May be 1 person per platoon and even that may be one or two rounds per year. Unfortunately with most weapons practice makes perfect. While an unskilled user would struggle to hit a target with an RPG outside 50m, a skilled operator can actually hit a moving target at those ranges. If this is the case with a simple weapon like the RPG imagine when last any african soldier fired a live ATGM and how often, or a shoulder launched SAM.

Whereas a US or Russian soldier would have to fire these weapons compulsorily a minimum number of times per year!!

africaken:
during the battle for fallujah, many insurgents dead had being killed by head shot .that the US marine corp instituted an investigation to confirm if those were executions or head shot kills .it was later confirmed indeed the exceptional marksmanship of marines was the result of those dead insurgents.i have had the privilege of having a discussion with men who protect our president ,i was told because many of them are trained in the U.S and britain the amount of time a western soldier spends on the range we can't equate that and if you get time and seek the youtube video of the man who created seal team 6. he said the amount of bullets they used only 75 shooters was more than what US marine corp (do you know the size of the marine corp !)spent annually

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:01pm On Sep 13, 2015
africaken:
off topic T-14 armata the future of Russia main battle tank

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQLG0bOy7SY
T-14 armata main battle tank full documentary ,the bear has awoken

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCGdvMkDlVc
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by asorockweb: 10:02pm On Sep 13, 2015
Henry120:

Wrong.

It was simply a training exercise.

If you watch carefully, you can see spectators watching from a distance.

The troops were not dressed the way you would expect Russian Marines or Naval infantry to dress; They must have been playing OPFOR
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:36pm On Sep 13, 2015
our founding father president jomo kenyatta presenting wing to kenya air force first future pilots

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p46-NHdtJ_Q
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:48pm On Sep 13, 2015
celebration of when kenya attained self-rule in 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj5lzJbCPCI
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:08pm On Sep 13, 2015
asorockweb:

It was simply a training exercise.

If you watch carefully, you can see spectators watching from a distance.

The troops were not dressed the way you would expect Russian Marines or Naval infantry to dress; They must have been playing OPFOR

That it is a training exercise isn't in question. We all know that.

What I'm talking about is the scenarios of this training exercise. In my opinion, I don't think they are the OPFOR, that's what I'm saying.

(1) (2) (3) ... (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.