Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,413 members, 7,815,928 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (242) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5964220 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 3:02pm On Sep 16, 2015
agaugust:

My best guess I.D. is that it may be a variant of the Suncraft Sea Eagle, NNS Burutu class MPV.

Nigeria was supposed to build about 8 units of the Burutu class locally, but the manufacturer Suncraft of Singapore, seemed not eager to transfer technology I think. So deal stalled. Also, some voices say Suncraft has foreign input from more than one country and tech transfer may be complicated.

Mast and the design of the bridge seem to be different. As well as the superstructure (Suncraft superstructure is flush with the hull while the vessel under construction has gangways on the side of the superstructre)

May just be cosmetic, but I thought I would point that out nonetheless
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 3:07pm On Sep 16, 2015
Henry120:
These are the kinds of things i like to see. Local, even better indigenous builds bring me a high level of satisfaction that is un-herald.

It annoys me when we buy things like MPVs, MRAPs and Assault Rifles from abroad, when i know we can build them. Look at MRAPs, they are amongst the easiest piece of equipment to manufacture, Nigeria should ordinarily have no business importing them.

MRAP's are fairly hard to develop

Look at the American MRAPS- they churned out their own variants (dozens of different designs), but despite being significantly heavier than the Casspir, most have the same or worse STANAG rating
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 4:39pm On Sep 16, 2015
Henry120:

If you haven't watched this video, you are missing some good quality Armoured P.ORN!

The video is like watching the final of the world cup or champions league. Beautiful stuff!

All land systems the Russians have are on display, excerpt for the Armata class systems. The T-90C, URAL & KAMAZ trucks,BMPT Terminator, Assault teams, Artillery systems, the Shilka used as an Area Defence weapon, mine clearance T-90 Tanks, GAZ Tigr armed with kornet ATGM, and lots and lots of Fun explosions.
Costs must be in billions.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 16, 2015
patches689:

Look at the American MRAPS- they churned out their own variants (dozens of different designs), but despite being significantly heavier than the Casspir, most have the same or worse STANAG rating

No, they aren't difficult to develop.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:08pm On Sep 16, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Costs must be in billions.
I'd say millions, billions would be taking it a bit too far.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 5:11pm On Sep 16, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:57pm On Sep 16, 2015
patches689:

are you serious cougar,buffalo,mastiff what ever you want to called it can't be compared with casspir .the kind of I.E.D buffalo faced in afganistan the casspir couldn't withstand
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 16, 2015
Henry120:

I know that facility. That's were the Jordanians hold there annual Special Forces training exercise with the Americans.

There was also some multinational Special Forces competition held there earlier this year. If memory serves me right, Russian FSB based in Chechnya won the event.
its an annual event called the warrior competition https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Annual_Warrior_Competition
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 6:34pm On Sep 16, 2015
Henry120:

No, they aren't difficult to develop.
They are.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:49pm On Sep 16, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:03pm On Sep 16, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 7:12pm On Sep 16, 2015
africaken:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WajASP75dvk
It's a South African design to be assembled in Uganda.

Refined for UPDF's operational requirements.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 16, 2015
MikeCZAR:
It's a South African design to be assembled in Uganda.

Refined for UPDF's operational requirements.
you can hire a few design engineers to train and mentor your engineers and a few years down the line.you can have your own indigenous design.all you need is commitment and perseverance.its better to try than to fear to commit oneself to a challenge

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:44pm On Sep 16, 2015
can you believe that our kenya police boss said this policemen lack nothing and are basically adequately provided and should stop complaining because they sign up to work in this conditions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uj1jVii2A7k
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 8:47pm On Sep 16, 2015
africaken:
you can hire a few design engineers to train and mentor your engineers and a few years down the line.you can have your own indigenous design.all you need is commitment and perseverance.its better to try than to fear to commit oneself to a challenge
It isn't as simple as that.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 16, 2015
MikeCZAR:
It isn't as simple as that.
if i assume we are talkng about challenging the big MRAP manufacturers like those in south africa,what do you assume could negate most african countries from rising to challenge south africa dominance ?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 16, 2015
africaken:
are you serious cougar,buffalo,mastiff what ever you want to called it can't be compared with casspir .the kind of I.E.D buffalo faced in afganistan the casspir couldn't withstand
They are all rated/tested the same(STANAG 4569 ect ect), the Casspir has better(A lot better in fact) mine protection than the above mentioned APC, just to compare, the Cougar can withstand a double blast from a TM-57 mine under any wheel, and a single blast under the hull....The Casspir on the other hand can withstand a triple blast from a TM-57 mine under any wheel and a double blast under the hull.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:38am On Sep 17, 2015
africaken:

Buffalo is a Casspir
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 5:50am On Sep 17, 2015
africaken:
if i assume we are talkng about challenging the big MRAP manufacturers like those in south africa,what do you assume could negate most african countries from rising to challenge south africa dominance ?
I'm talking about designing.

There's no huge market for then now unlike during the Iraqi war.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:32am On Sep 17, 2015
jln115:

They are all rated/tested the same(STANAG 4569 ect ect), the Casspir has better(A lot better in fact) mine protection than the above mentioned APC, just to compare, the Cougar can withstand a double blast from a TM-57 mine under any wheel, and a single blast under the hull....The Casspir on the other hand can withstand a triple blast from a TM-57 mine under any wheel and a double blast under the hull.
are you serious ! its like your telling me a tank with its weight category and armour is more vulnerable Anti tank weapons than infantry fighting vehicles.take your time and do some research.do you think today's MRAPS need to only survive a 27 kg blast under the hull !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJkfa9nwg08
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:37am On Sep 17, 2015
patches689:

Buffalo is a Casspir
seriously ! talk fact my friend,your claim lacks validity to substantiate
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:09am On Sep 17, 2015
africaken:
are you serious ! its like your telling me a tank with its weight category and armour is more vulnerable Anti tank weapons than infantry fighting vehicles.take your time and do some research.do you think today's MRAPS need to only survive a 27 kg blast under the hull !

Dude I was strictly comparing the mine protection of the MRAPs you mentioned and the Casspir, YOU said that the Casspir wont survive the same IED blast as the Cougar, which is definitely not the case. I could also provide sources if you like.

Secondly I also said nothing about anti-tank missiles RPGs ect ect, that's a totally different debate.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:23am On Sep 17, 2015
Possible Igirigi up-grade.

Photo Credit : Mcshegz

5 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 9:58am On Sep 17, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:16am On Sep 17, 2015
Fynline:
https://twitter.com/sampiranty/status/643885613305987072

NA engaging BHT elements

I can't see any video!

You have a youtube link?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 10:30am On Sep 17, 2015
Henry120:

I can't see any video!

You have a youtube link?

Its a video on twitter. Are u using a phone or a laptop? because when i follow the link it takes me to the twitter page on my laptop with the video
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 17, 2015
Fynline:

Its a video on twitter. Are u using a phone or a laptop? because when i follow the link it takes me to the twitter page on my laptop with the video

I've switched over to laptop, I can now view it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 11:15am On Sep 17, 2015
africaken:

Do some critical thinking
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 11:18am On Sep 17, 2015
africaken:
seriously ! talk fact my friend,your claim lacks validity to substantiate

http://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/detail.asp?armor_id=220

Next time, take 30 seconds to do your own research before coming around here doubting what i say

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 11:21am On Sep 17, 2015
Fynline:
https://twitter.com/sampiranty/status/643885613305987072

NA engaging BHT elements

Poor response from those men
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 11:32am On Sep 17, 2015
patches689:

Poor response from those men

Wetin u sabi pass to dey yarn the usual?

grin cheesy
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 17, 2015
Fynline:

Wetin u sabi pass to dey yarn the usual?

grin cheesy

If u wan engage am engage am. No b 2 jst yarn something 4 our lingua when em no go grab. Tell am sy no be so e take b in lingua we em go get.

(1) (2) (3) ... (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: Tinfoil and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.