Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,057 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (243) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5964602 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by arantess: 12:38pm On Sep 17, 2015
[quote author=patches689 post=38097364]
Poor response from those men
[/quote
so says the resident fool who never sees anything good Nigeria does....AMADIOHA FINISH U

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 12:41pm On Sep 17, 2015
Henry120:

If u wan engage am engage am. No b 2 jst yarn something 4 our lingua when em no go grab. Tell am sy no be so e take b in lingua we em go get.

Oga Henry i no wan derail the thread na my own way of ignoring the ode'
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 17, 2015
Fynline:

Oga Henry i no wan derail the thread na my own way of ignoring the ode'
No wahala. I bn thnk sy u wan yarn am 1 or 2.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 17, 2015
patches689:

Poor response from those men
"I don't understand how that response is poor?".
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 17, 2015
[quote author=arantess post=38099718][/quote]
LOL!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 1:15pm On Sep 17, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 17, 2015
Nigeria would showcase Defence Products at AAD 2016 in Pretoria. According to reports.

Possible Nigerian Products on showcase,

-Proforce ARA MRAP

- LAVs and LAPVs,

- Bulletproof vests, Night-vision goggles, Helmets & Aesthetics,

- Interceptors, SDBs, IPVs and MPVs

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 17, 2015
Amisom

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 17, 2015
UN mission in the CAR

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:59pm On Sep 17, 2015

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:26pm On Sep 17, 2015
patches689:

Do some critical thinking

you think this are the small mines casspirs used to encounter in the bush wars !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 17, 2015
patches689:

http://www.militaryfactory.com/armor/detail.asp?armor_id=220

Next time, take 30 seconds to do your own research before coming around here doubting what i say
because you have got an article from a reporter who is clueless about the history and genesis of V shaped hull ,which if you would like to know its inception is Rhodesia,that is truth and the only truth !

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:40pm On Sep 17, 2015
Henry120:

"I don't understand how that response is poor?".

- stood in the middle of the road and returned fire

1. Did not take cover
2. stood in the open
3. no 360 degree security

With my ZERO military training I can tell that it is a poor response

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpYbT4orFfs
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:42pm On Sep 17, 2015
africaken:
you think this are the small mines casspirs used to encounter in the bush wars !

I dont "think" anything

I am telling you the facts that I know

Casspir is a lighter vehical than most US made MRAP's and yet has the same (if not better) STANAG rating

Which just goes to show - making MRAP's is not "easy"

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:46pm On Sep 17, 2015
africaken:
because you have got an article from a reporter who is clueless about the history and genesis of V shaped hull ,which if you would like to know its inception is Rhodesia,that is truth and the only truth !

Who invented the MRAP is not the topic of discussion. Because, fvcking we did long before the Rhodesians with the Hyena

My citation which I posted is to show you that the American Buffalo is actually a Casspir that has been refitted with an extending arm based on your statement that the Buffalo was somehow better than the Casspir.

And since we are talking about MRAP's, I would like to point out that the V-hull is not the end all and be all of an MRAP. It is the monoquocue hull.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 2:48pm On Sep 17, 2015
Henry120:
UN mission in the CAR

That APC in the 3rd picture.

Took me ages to figure out if it is a Fuch's or a WZ 551

Damn it China
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:50pm On Sep 17, 2015
jln115:

Dude I was strictly comparing the mine protection of the MRAPs you mentioned and the Casspir, YOU said that the Casspir wont survive the same IED blast as the Cougar, which is definitely not the case. I could also provide sources if you like.

Secondly I also said nothing about anti-tank missiles RPGs ect ect, that's a totally different debate.
a cougar has more armour than a casspir thats the reason for the weight difference.the V hull armour is more thicker in a cougar than a casspir

watch the following documentary

The World's Deadliest Arms Race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83VgEnfLzJc
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 2:53pm On Sep 17, 2015
africaken:
SA army vehicles encountered lots of mines anti-tank to personnel mines.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:54pm On Sep 17, 2015
its not even you its the swedish with Terrängbil m/42 KP early V-hull vehicle and the first APC in the Swedish armed forces, in use between 1942 until early 1990. It saw combat during the Congo crisis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 17, 2015
MikeCZAR:
SA army vehicles encountered lots of mines anti-tank to personnel mines.
what about a 50 to 100 kg I.E.D !
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 3:12pm On Sep 17, 2015
africaken:
a cougar has more armour than a casspir thats the reason for the weight difference.the V hull armour is more thicker in a cougar than a casspir

Just post STANAG ratings - that is all that matters

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 3:14pm On Sep 17, 2015
africaken:

Irrelevant STANAG 4569 Level 4 will be defeated by that

All known MRAP's will be defeated by that.

I have no idea what you are even trying say anymore.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 3:16pm On Sep 17, 2015
africaken:
its not even you its the swedish with Terrängbil m/42 KP early V-hull vehicle and the first APC in the Swedish armed forces, in use between 1942 until early 1990. It saw combat during the Congo crisis.

Not monocoque = Not MRAP

This is pointless. I am done arguing
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 3:17pm On Sep 17, 2015
africaken:

Yet the Casspir can withstand a IED/Mine blast twice/Double that of the Cougar under the hull!! The Casspir is also proteted against 7.62 x 51 mm NATO ammunition same as the Cougar.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:20pm On Sep 17, 2015
patches689:

Irrelevant STANAG 4569 Level 4 will be defeated by that

All known MRAP's will be defeated by that.

I have no idea what you are even trying say anymore.
watch the documentary from 33.00 cougar have saved lives in such blast
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:25pm On Sep 17, 2015
jl115:

Yet the Casspir can withstand a IED/Mine blast twice/Double that of the Cougar under the hull!! The Casspir is also proteted against 7.62 x 51 mm NATO ammunition same as the Cougar.
look at the first photo on this article,the casspir has a penetrated hull in the middlehttp://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2015/07/shabaab-ambushes-burundian-troops-near-leego.php
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 3:42pm On Sep 17, 2015
africaken:
look at the first photo on this article,the casspir has a penetrated hull in the middlehttp://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2015/07/shabaab-ambushes-burundian-troops-near-leego.php
And? that obviously isn't a 7.62 x 51 mm round! Same thing would've happened to a Cougar!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 3:46pm On Sep 17, 2015
africaken:
what about them?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 17, 2015
jl115:

And? that obviously isn't a 7.62 x 51 mm round! Same thing would've happened to a Cougar!
i rest my case,lets just say we have agreed to disagree.in conclusion all are vulnerable to shaped charge I.E.D's
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 4:04pm On Sep 17, 2015
africaken:
i rest my case,lets just say we have agreed to disagree.in conclusion all are vulnerable to shaped charge I.E.D's
What case were you trying to prove mate? Yes I agree all MRAPs are vulnerable to I.E.Ds although some are more vulnerable than others!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:08pm On Sep 17, 2015
jl115:

What case were you trying to prove mate? Yes I agree all MRAPs are vulnerable to I.E.Ds although some are more vulnerable than others!
if i tell you then we will start the who,what,why again.let just post some photos
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 4:11pm On Sep 17, 2015
africaken:
Shaped charge I.E.D's?

(1) (2) (3) ... (240) (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.