Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,035 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (244) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5964469 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by EFX001: 4:12pm On Sep 17, 2015
patches689:

- stood in the middle of the road and returned fire
1. Did not take cover 2. stood in the open 3. no 360 degree security
With my ZERO military training I can tell that it is a poor response
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpYbT4orFfs
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by EFX001: 4:16pm On Sep 17, 2015
patches689:

1. Did not take cover
2. stood in the open
3. no 360 degree security

the problem with people who think they know everything is that they don't know; that they no nothing. You have zero military training yet you know how it should be done. You know how they should engage in fire fights and everything all from watching movies and YouTube videos.

Na over sabi they worry you.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by jl115: 4:19pm On Sep 17, 2015
africaken:
if i tell you then we will start the who,what,why again.let just post some photos

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:24pm On Sep 17, 2015
minerva special purpose vehicles PANTHERA 6 X6 KRAZZ the link http://www.mspv.com/products/military-vehicles/apc-panthera-6-x6-krazz

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 4:45pm On Sep 17, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 17, 2015
Nigeria COIN

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 17, 2015
patches689:

1. Did not take cover
2. stood in the open
3. no 360 degree security

They responded appropriately to the incoming fire, and neutralized the threat.

It is a proportionate, sizeable response. I wonder how that's a poor response.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 5:03pm On Sep 17, 2015
Fynline:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qjs_CXd-QY

NAF Operation

The CH-3 drone is in this video at 1:15 (time).
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:04pm On Sep 17, 2015
patches689:

That APC in the 3rd picture.
Took me ages to figure out if it is a Fuch's or a WZ 551
Damn it China
French built VAB. It is either a VAB or a WZ 551.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:09pm On Sep 17, 2015
1,2.President taken through coastguard helicopter at Augusta plant in Milan
3. Bonus

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 17, 2015
Henry120:

They responded appropriately to the incoming fire, and neutralized the threat.

It is proportionate, sizeable response. I wonder how that's a poor response.
if possible never stop when ambushed
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 5:28pm On Sep 17, 2015
africaken:

Totally neutralize where possible. Don't let them escape!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 17, 2015
africaken:

That's there AOR. If they come under fire, it is only responsible that they finish off the threat!

A proper criticism would be, troops still need additional MRAPs or LAVs. Moving around in soft-skin vehicles especially in areas that are in and around Gwoza simply isn't ideal.

The video shows why i'll continue to support the need for localisation. Despite the significant numbers of MRAPs and LAV purchased by the Nigerian government, numbers still aren't enough.

Landcrusier based Light Armoured Patrol Vehicles.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 17, 2015
Fynline:

Totally neutralize where possible. Don't let them escape!
that what my friend a PMC use to tell me,you present a better target when you stop and also the attacker has all the advantage
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:58pm On Sep 17, 2015
off topic
i swear Oshkosh is going to be rich selling this M-ATV mrap to this gulf countries.they are loosing them at a rate thats is astonishing.this war is definitely coming home,alqaeda is now in control of aden,ISIS has open a training camps in yemen coastal province with indian ocean.the gulf countries are flooding southern with weapon,which alqaeda and other groups are stocking and forget weapons abandon in yemen military bases.we are going to have our own libya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCumgcxT7ms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DJExSXyFGc
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 17, 2015
Namibian wolf MK3 MRAP.

You got to give it to the Namibians, they do know how to build an MRAP.

The Wolf MK3 looks similar to the Reva.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 17, 2015
Namibian Wolf MK11 heavily modified

looks like its in 'service' with the Peshmerga
got it from :http://kurdistanskyscrapers.com/topic/9346414/1/

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 17, 2015
NAF CH-3A Drone

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 8:34pm On Sep 17, 2015
Looks like the Angolans use it too...Vice admiral

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 17, 2015
gottfried21:
Looks like the Angolans use it too...Vice admiral

Only if the government and or WMF made announcements about its sales lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 8:45pm On Sep 17, 2015
ViceAdmiral:

Only if the government and or WMF made announcements about its sales lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Just got back from Cuba...Their military hardware is made up of soviet era relics and the term MRAP does not exist over there undecided if only the government would sell them the MK2/Marrua and even the MK3...Being Comrades and all cry
Even the sale of Sat phones and Uniforms could bolster relations...remind you they did the same for us once upon a time cry
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 17, 2015
gottfried21:

Just got back from Cuba...Their military hardware is made up of soviet era relics and the term MRAP does not exist over there undecided if only the government would sell them the MK2/Marrua and even the MK3...Being Comrades and all cry
Even the sale of Sat phones and Uniforms could bolster relations...remind you they did the same for us once upon a time cry

I also feel that WMF needs a sizeable order to bring its finances in order.....I also think they must get the basics right...Like marketing and sales announcements as well...I feel like they doomed the Wolf MK2 with poor Marketing angry angry
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 9:08pm On Sep 17, 2015
ViceAdmiral:

I also feel that WMF needs a sizeable order to bring its finances in order.....I also think they must get the basics right...Like marketing and sales announcements as well...I feel like they doomed the Wolf MK2 with poor Marketing angry angry
In terms of marketing they've been opening up lately.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 17, 2015
MikeCZAR:
In terms of marketing they've been opening up lately.

Yeah they have..but i believe its a case of too little too late...the market is saturated right now...And every 1 makes MRAPS these days
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:33pm On Sep 17, 2015
gottfried21:

How many versions of the wolf are out there right now

WMF's page on wiki lists these
Wolf I,
Wolf II,
Wolf Turbo III - at 14 tons,
WerWolf Mk 1 - at 10 tons.
Wer’wolf MKII at 17 tons
plus the
MK111

I'm sure there are repetitions on that list
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 9:45pm On Sep 17, 2015
ViceAdmiral:

How many versions of the wolf are out there right now

WMF's page on wiki lists these
Wolf I,
Wolf II,
Wolf Turbo III - at 14 tons,
WerWolf Mk 1 - at 10 tons.
Wer’wolf MKII at 17 tons
plus the
MK111

I'm sure there are repetitions on that list

Gottfried is only familiar with the Wolf Turbo II,Wer'wolf MK II and the MKIII the rest were all pre-independence

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 17, 2015
gottfried21:

Gottfried is only familiar with the Wolf Turbo II,Wer'wolf MK II and the MKIII the rest were all pre-independence
So pic 3 is a Wolf turbo right??
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 17, 2015
ViceAdmiral:

Try using Sipri Arms database. They usually release their yearly report in march of the new year. The list isn't exhaustive, but it gives a good idea of all arms transfers.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:06pm On Sep 17, 2015
Henry120:

Try using Sipri Arms database. They usually release their yearly report in march of the new year. The list isn't exhaustive, but it gives a good idea of all arms transfers.

Yeah it lists no Namibian exports grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 10:11pm On Sep 17, 2015
ViceAdmiral:

So pic 3 is a Wolf turbo right??
Yes comrade
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:27pm On Sep 17, 2015
ViceAdmiral:

Yeah it lists no Namibian exports grin grin
You can try searching from 1999.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 12:47am On Sep 18, 2015
africaken:
look at the first photo on this article,the casspir has a penetrated hull in the middlehttp://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2015/07/shabaab-ambushes-burundian-troops-near-leego.php

By some sort of RPG/ATGM

No one said it could stop an ATGM... most MRAP's cannot stop even the most basic RPG

(1) (2) (3) ... (241) (242) (243) (244) (245) (246) (247) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)