Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,480 members, 7,819,750 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:16 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5972364 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 10, 2015
Officers and sailors of the Namibian Ship (NS) Elephant
(Still wondering why the captain was the only 1 wearing the full white dress )

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 12:14pm On Oct 10, 2015
ViceAdmiral:
Officers and sailors of the Namibian Ship (NS) Elephant
(Still wondering why the captain was the only 1 wearing the full white dress )
If you're in Windhoek...make your way to Katatura(if you have time) The Army and the police are gonna put on a show of force display thingie...in an hour or so....you don't wanna miss this.it will be a good photo Op grin wink
Botswana army snake handlers

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:22pm On Oct 10, 2015
gottfried21:

If you're in Windhoek...make your way to Katatura(if you have time) The Army and the police are gonna put on a show of force display thingie...in an hour or so

M out of town will be expecting visuals from u grin grin

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 10, 2015
Zimbabwean Commandos

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 5:02pm On Oct 10, 2015
ViceAdmiral:
Zimbabwean Commandos
I still wonder why the Botswana SF are so paranoid.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Panzerfaust(m): 10:25pm On Oct 10, 2015
Patchesagain:

Take a look at their arsenal its a missmatched hodgepodg of equipment and they are struggling to keep it operational and supplied.

I didnt say one MBT/IFV/etc... generally you would have (like hypothetically): wheeled APC (MRAP nowadays)/tracked (medium APC), wheeled IFV (light), tacked IFV (medium), multi-role fighter, strike fighter and maybe air-superiority etc

And no, Arjun is trash - indians have scrapped their current one and gone back to the drawing board... no wait, they are building it again... no, its scrapped again... (and round and round we go).
Apart from its ridiculous weight and intial engine problems, The issues were resolved in the MK-II variant..the MK-II has 93 upgrades from the previous one and performed well at recent trials. Call it crap if you want, Pakistan's Al-Zarrar is the bigger crap!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:57am On Oct 11, 2015
i am back,those couple of days not being online were torture smiley

New Iraqi air force china-made CH-4B Drones now in Operation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y0dyZK8yxU
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:59am On Oct 11, 2015
china-made BJ2022 Light Utility Vehicles in syria

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:36am On Oct 11, 2015
i believe the quality of russian targeting and recon FLIR pods can't equate with western FLIR pods

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s66hmzG5GZ0
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:40am On Oct 11, 2015
denisfidha:

Its a funny matter worth laughing yes, but the situation is by no means less serious. Given the fact that, Kenya's plans of building a $29Billion, 32 birth port, connected to railway connecting to Ethiopia, becomes virtually useless, if she looses access to the sea, via Lamu which is closer to the Somalia border http://venturesafrica.com/lapsset-a-peep-at-the-east-african-trade-corridor/

Then also, the disputed territory is on an oil basin with potential commercially viable oil. And the Somali government actually have a case if they were to be heard since that territory actually used to belonged to them
we seriously need shore and ship based anti-ship missiles especially shore based.i believe the kenya navy at the moment does have any and even most of sub-sahara countries .if somalia tomorrow chooses to seek help from turkey or gulf countries like saudi we would be under blockade
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 11, 2015
africaken:
i am back,those couple of days not being online were torture smiley

Welcome back.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:53am On Oct 11, 2015
Nigerian COIN

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 8:16am On Oct 11, 2015
Panzerfaust:
Apart from its ridiculous weight and intial engine problems, The issues were resolved in the MK-II variant..the MK-II has 93 upgrades from the previous one and performed well at recent trials. Call it crap if you want, Pakistan's Al-Zarrar is the bigger crap!
Arjun is crap!!! The only reason it still exists is "indigenous capability".

The Al-Zarrar is simply a upgrade package.

See!! Smear campaign between Indians and Pakistanis online. Why not compare it with the K2 black panther or the Leopard 2.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 8:19am On Oct 11, 2015
Henry120:
Nigerian COIN
Why is the Nigerian army still not investing much in paras? Majority of the general officers come from armour, artillery etc formations?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:24am On Oct 11, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Arjun is crap!!! The only reason it still exists is "indigenous capability".

The Al-Zarrar is simply a upgrade package.

See!! Smear campaign between Indians and Pakistanis online. Why not compare it with the K2 black panther or the Leopard 2.
india has choosen to buy more T-90 rather than continue with Arjun tank project due to cost overrun.starting a indigenous tank project its not that easy e.g merkava tank

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 9:37am On Oct 11, 2015
africaken:
india has choosen to buy more T-90 rather than continue with Arjun tank project due to cost overrun.starting a indigenous tank project its not that easy e.g merkava tank
Merkava is a good MBT.

The Arjun was just a waste of resources.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 11, 2015
ethiopia army patriotic hip hop song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4s1HA2peJI
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 11, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 11, 2015
i just watched a boko haram or west africa ISIS video repelling a nigeria army push into borno ,aT-72 tank crew just retreated leaving behind several infantry a couple who were gun downed while one captured was beheaded.captured weapons and two technicals were shown .R.I.P to the fallen
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 4:01pm On Oct 11, 2015
africaken:
i just watched a boko haram or west africa ISIS video repelling a nigeria army push into borno ,aT-72 tank crew just retreated leaving behind several infantry a couple who were gun downed while one captured was beheaded.captured weapons and two technicals were shown .R.I.P to the fallen
Let's see this video
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:14pm On Oct 11, 2015
africaken:

Please don't post any BH propaganda videos in this thread.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 4:27pm On Oct 11, 2015
Henry120:

At least he should tell us how to find it, since the Nigeria army is playing dumb in releasing it's own propaganda videos I have no other option than to watch the BH once
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 4:28pm On Oct 11, 2015
africaken:
Don't post the vid here but you can tell us how to find it
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 11, 2015
Henry120:

I wont but there is need to be better coordination between air support and infantry.if a nigeria Mil hind could have suddenly emerged ,several hundred boko haram would have being dead
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:39pm On Oct 11, 2015
africaken:
I wont but there is need to be better coordination between air support and infantry.if a nigeria Mil hind could have suddenly emerged ,several hundred boko haram would have being dead

The Hinds are operated by the Nigerian Air Force, this is the reason the Nigerian Army is trying to raise it's own Air wing. Army operations aren't always carried out with the Nigerian Air force.

Now, I do have a problem with excuses of "unavailability of air-support", it, like MRAPs, give troops a false sense of invincibility. Helicopters cannot always be available for all operations. This is a fact.

* Anyway, it's easy for me to say, sitting on my couch.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 11, 2015
Henry120:

The Hinds are operated by the Nigerian Air Force, this is the reason the Nigerian Army is trying to raise it's own Air wing. Army operations aren't always carried out with the Nigerian Air force.

Now, I do have a problem with excuses of "unavailability of air-support", it, like MRAPs, give troops a false sense of invincibility. Helicopters cannot always be available for all operations. This is a fact.

there have being several terror attacks carried out in kenya by kenya youths who joined alshabaab .if this kenyans were able to be killed in somalia by AMISOM ,the chances of them coming to carry terror attacks in kenyan would be reduced .this is a body count war ,the more of them dead the better.we need to own this war ,it not european or american wars.its our war and the day we choose to accept that ,then we will turn the tide
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by BlackBaron: 5:48pm On Oct 11, 2015
africaken:
That shiz pissed me off, it was a T-72 at very close quarters with the spawns of scum yet failed to engage! This also showed up the lack of coordination and lack of assets available to repel the fighters. Free roaming on green vegetation and strolling like it was a picnic!!

RIP to the soldiers. Death to the lowest scums of the earth.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fynline(m): 6:31pm On Oct 11, 2015
Henry120:

To worsen the whole thing all the Nigeria Army could do was to issue a statement on twitter asking BHT members to surrender one last time that the Army knows their hideouts, can you imagine that? Why is the army appealing to them?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 11, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 11, 2015
africaken:
we seriously need shore and ship based anti-ship missiles especially shore based.i believe the kenya navy at the moment does have any and even most of sub-sahara countries .if somalia tomorrow chooses to seek help from turkey or gulf countries like saudi we would be under blockade
one station in Lamu, another in Malindi, and mombasa ofcourse, we also need anti- air defences to be pamanently stationed in these areas too and other batteries to soround nairobi ..... if there will ever be an airstrike, it would most likely come from the sea side or through Somali territory... damn diplomacy is so funny, you smile, shake hands, talk nicely on one hand and on the other hand you plot for the worst

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.