Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5972491 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 7:53pm On Oct 11, 2015
Henry120:

The Hinds are operated by the Nigerian Air Force, this is the reason the Nigerian Army is trying to raise it's own Air wing. Army operations aren't always carried out with the Nigerian Air force.

Now, I do have a problem with excuses of "unavailability of air-support", it, like MRAPs, give troops a false sense of invincibility. Helicopters cannot always be available for all operations. This is a fact.

Before it was "we don't have equipment".

Doctrine and advice to tactical level commanders need to be seriously looked at.

* Anyway, it's easy for me to say, sitting on my couch.
Mission planners must get a huge kick on their backs!!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 2:10am On Oct 12, 2015
Anyone who has seen the vid of Boko haram repeling NA troops should lemme know, either pm me or tell me how to watch it, I'm tired surfing the internet searching for bh video like one of its sympathizers
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 5:35am On Oct 12, 2015
NighttWalker:
Anyone who has seen the vid of Boko haram repeling NA troops should lemme know, either pm me or tell me how to watch it, I'm tired surfing the internet searching for bh video like one of its sympathizers

Have searched through the Internet, couldn't get the video or even screen shots from the video.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 11:10am On Oct 12, 2015
bidexiii:

Have searched through the Internet, couldn't get the video or even screen shots from the video.
I've seen screenshots on twitter, thought it was photoshed cuz I saw scums standing few meters away from the NA T72 without even taking cover
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 11:28am On Oct 12, 2015

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 1:40pm On Oct 12, 2015
NighttWalker:
I've seen screenshots on twitter, thought it was photoshed cuz I saw scums standing few meters away from the NA T72 without even taking cover

Av seing screenshots but I also don't think it's from the video itself probably it was photoshoped.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 5:31pm On Oct 12, 2015
On my quest to find the latest bh video repelling the NA in close quarter combat which I haven't seen yet, I've found out that

Boko haram propaganda wing is quite good and they're now posting ISIS style videos. They have clips of their technicals engaging NA bigfoot MRAPs and even clip of their foot soldiers getting mowed down by the NA, parts where it was cut halfway cuz of an explosion that probably killed the cameraman and scums around him and finally the fallen men of the NA and their captured weapons.

They still have lots of foot soldiers, they have mortars and artillery (didnt know this till now) and maybe some locally made (hezbollah/hamas like) rockets.

The NA needs its own air wing or the NAF should supply them with air support anytime they're going on assault. While watching the bh vids I thought if we had an eye in the sky that not only watches but strikes the enemy the NA will inflict twice if not more casualties on bh.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 6:20pm On Oct 12, 2015
NighttWalker:
On my quest to find the latest bh video repelling the NA in close quarter combat which I haven't seen yet, I've found out that

Boko haram propaganda wing is quite good and they're now posting ISIS style videos. They have clips of their technicals engaging NA bigfoot MRAPs and even clip of their foot soldiers getting mowed down by the NA, parts where it was cut halfway cuz of an explosion that probably killed the cameraman and scums around him and finally the fallen men of the NA and their captured weapons.

They still have lots of foot soldiers, they have mortars and artillery (didnt know this till now) and maybe some locally made (hezbollah/hamas like) rockets.

The NA needs its own air wing or the NAF should supply them with air support anytime they're going on assault. While watching the bh vids I thought if we had an eye in the sky that not only watches but strikes the enemy the NA will inflict twice if not more casualties on bh.

Can you please post the link or his it a classified video cos am still trying to get the video.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 6:23pm On Oct 12, 2015
There is a high percentage that the most of the videos clips edited together might be some old video engagement in the past. BH propaganda is waxing stronger by the day, the NA arm responsible for the media should step up there game also, enough of these ragtag militias.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 7:01pm On Oct 12, 2015
Most of this things can be avoided if we have a mission situation room staffed with NA and airforce personnel. With access to direct comm and video feed to the men in the field. The video feed can be supplied by any of the small airforce tactical uav's. With this the men in the field do not really need to call in for air support before the top officials in the situation room see the need for one. In some advanced countries heads of states have been known to monitor the mission progress from such situation rooms.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 7:32pm On Oct 12, 2015
overhypedsteve:
Most of this things can be avoided if we have a mission situation room staffed with NA and airforce personnel. With access to direct comm and video feed to the men in the field. The video feed can be supplied by any of the small airforce tactical uav's. With this the men in the field do not really need to call in for air support before the top officials in the situation room see the need for one. In some advanced countries heads of states have been known to monitor the mission progress from such situation rooms.

Better talk ; hope the top brass are reading these?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 2:02am On Oct 13, 2015
bidexiii:

Can you please post the link or his it a classified video cos am still trying to get the video.
Quote me in some random thread and I'll share the link, bh propaganda vids are not allowed here. I'll leave the link for a few hours or a day on the other thread and then take it off. Depends on when I send it cuz of the time difference between where and am and where you are.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:24am On Oct 13, 2015
ongoing operation in lower shabelle somalia by AMISOM

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:30am On Oct 13, 2015
africaken:
ongoing operation in lower shabelle somalia by AMISOM

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 5:44am On Oct 13, 2015
overhypedsteve:
Joint operations!

That's why the SANDF it's ops through the Joint Ops division.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 13, 2015
overhypedsteve:

We have 2 state of the art COBR facilities similar to what the British have. 1 in the DHQ and the 2nd at the Presidential villa. Those facilities provide real-time data (Video, Audio) through a satellite feed. There have also been multiple instances were it has been used.

- There is also no need for the panics, the video is just a terrorist propaganda video. It does not represent the facts on the ground.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 7:10am On Oct 13, 2015
Henry120:

We have 2 state of the art COBR facilities similar to what the British have. 1 in the DHQ and the 2nd at the Presidential villa. Those facilities provide real-time data (Video, Audio) through a satellite feed. There have also been multiple instances were it has been used.

- There is also no need for the panics, the video is just a terrorist propaganda video. It does not represent the facts on the ground.

If truly we have it : then that means we are not making good use of it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 13, 2015
bidexiii:

That we have them is a fact. The British Prime-minister and the Nigerian Air force chief confirms this. On the video, we cannot conclude, when we don't know the facts.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:07am On Oct 13, 2015
africaken:
there have being several terror attacks carried out in kenya by kenya youths who joined alshabaab .if this kenyans were able to be killed in somalia by AMISOM ,the chances of them coming to carry terror attacks in kenyan would be reduced .this is a body count war ,the more of them dead the better.we need to own this war ,it not european or american wars.its our war and the day we choose to accept that ,then we will turn the tide

Terrorism is not a numbers game. The more of them you kill. doesn't equal success.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 11:40am On Oct 13, 2015
Henry120:

That we have them is a fact. The British Prime-minister and the Nigerian Air force chief confirms this. On the video, we cannot conclude, when we don't know the facts.

Having them is one thing making good use of them is another thing. Definitely since we av drones there must be a control command for them which will provide them with real time events . But making good use of them will reduce casualties and go a long way to stop enemies fake video propaganda.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 13, 2015
Henry120:

Terrorism is not a numbers game. The more of them you kill. doesn't equal success.
thats the core principal on our war against alshabaab
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 13, 2015
sudan army T-72

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 13, 2015
First glimpse of Iraqi Air Force T-50IQ

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 13, 2015
africaken:
thats the core principal on our war against alshabaab

Doesn't work that way in Nigeria. There is a large pool of all to willing youths who want to join these groups.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 4:25pm On Oct 13, 2015
Henry120:

those ones are not close to the area of operation Na. I am talking about makeshift situation rooms( could be installed in one the FOB's in the NE) it could be installed on a flat bed as a mobile command. It could even just be a small tent close the field.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 4:41pm On Oct 13, 2015
bidexiii:

thank you sir. Those situation room may just be a fancy state of the art relaxation centre for VIP's. We nor know the use. How can we have eyes in the sky and mission situation rooms being monitored by top DHQ officials and we are still talking about the NA not having a dedicated Air wing as the reason behind the lax in air support for ground troops. At this point in the battle against terror the COAS, NSA and CDS are all supposed to be monitoring every combat operation real time. We do not really need the COAS in the field, let him coordinate the operation from a real time command centre. We have given ourselves a December deadline and we do not yet know that it is high time for us to put all the resources available to use. I believe in the sub Saharan Africa Nigeria have the most advanced and diverse resources at her disposal for Geoint. But for one reason or the other we have refused to commit it to the war on ground.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 5:32pm On Oct 13, 2015
overhypedsteve:
those ones are not close to the area of operation Na. I am talking about makeshift situation rooms( could be installed in one the FOB's in the NE) it could be installed on a flat bed as a mobile command. It could even just be a small tent close the field.
Software?

which can be installed on many desktops?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 6:44pm On Oct 13, 2015
MikeCZAR:
Software?

which can be installed on many desktops?
lol you are joking right? I meant a mobile command centre could be built on a flat bed truck, or a battle field tent. It doesn't have to be up to standard as long as it is effective and being put to good use.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 7:22pm On Oct 13, 2015
overhypedsteve:
lol you are joking right? I meant a mobile command centre could be built on a flat bed truck, or a battle field tent. It doesn't have to be up to standard as long as it is effective and being put to good use.
That's what a software does. It can be installed on a desktop.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 13, 2015
Henry120:

Doesn't work that way in Nigeria. There is a large pool of all to willing youths who want to join these groups.
ok !!!!!!!!!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 13, 2015
overhypedsteve:

Any how they want to do it, let them do it. I'm only interested in posting photos, that is, until i get tired and de-activate my nairaland account.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 13, 2015
FIB, MONUSCO, Tanzanian Soldier

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.