Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5978166 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (2843) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:13pm On Nov 30, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 30, 2015

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by bidexiii: 5:55pm On Nov 30, 2015
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:33am On Dec 01, 2015
Apparently Deloitte has won a multi million rand contract to re-strategize the SANDF in accordance to the defence review!

Just wondering if any one else has heard of this?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 1:12am On Dec 01, 2015
T90

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:50am On Dec 01, 2015
Lagos State Police

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:44am On Dec 01, 2015
denisfidha:
The Iranians are at it again, this time using our own, just like alshabaab

we are allowing foreigners to use our country as their rest room to come to defecate
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:49am On Dec 01, 2015
turkey Suspends Air Force Flights Over Syria After Attack on Su-24

Turkey has suspended its Air Force flights over Syria in the international coalition campaign in the fight against the Islamic State after the downing of the Russian Su-24 Fencer bomber, Turkey’s Hurriyet newspaper reported Friday, citing diplomatic sources.
On Tuesday, a Turkish Air Force F-16 downed the Russian bomber 4 kilometers from the Turkish border. Both the Russian General Staff and the Syrian Air Defense Command confirmed that the Su-24 never crossed into Turkish airspace and was shot down over Syrian territory, citing precise objective control data.
Russian President Vladimir Putin described the incident as a "stab in the back, carried out against us by accomplices of terrorists."
One of the two Su-24 pilots was killed by fire from the ground after ejecting from the plane. The second pilot was rescued in a 12-hour-long operation.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151127/1030840917/turkish-aviation-syria-su-24.html#ixzz3t2sJ2SN0
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 8:54am On Dec 01, 2015
africaken:
turkey Suspends Air Force Flights Over Syria After Attack on Su-24

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/middleeast/20151127/1030840917/turkish-aviation-syria-su-24.html#ixzz3t2sJ2SN0

Russia has unofficially declared a no fly zone over turkey-Syrian border.

Could this have been a Russian plan all along while purposely provoking the Turks?

Another game of chess won by Putin?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:45am On Dec 01, 2015
#Nigeria COIN

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 01, 2015
frumentius:
Malian Army shocked! Actually, these clowns should be called Malian so-called army angry.

https://videos.funker530.com/bitmotive/public/funker530/v1.0/videos/funker530/63c701c652c72148c38ab28041df44d2/854x480.mp4

Extremely poor training........ And it shows. Truth is, it would be ill-conceived to expect any better. Mali is amongst the world's poorest countries.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:39am On Dec 01, 2015
China’s New Hypersonic Weapon Capable of Defeating US Air Defense System

China successfully conducted a sixth flight test of its DF-ZF (previously known as WU-14) hypersonic glide vehicle (HGV) designed to defeat US missile defenses.

F-35 Lightning II
© AP PHOTO
US Warned to Sell Weapons Faster, or Allies Will Seek Deals With China
“The DF-ZF is an ultra-high-speed missile allegedly capable of penetrating US air defense systems based on interceptor missiles,” Bill Gertz of The Washington Free BeaconThe DF-ZF HGV was launched at the Wuzhai missile test center in central China’s Shanxi Province. It was transported by a ballistic missile near the edge of the atmosphere, where it separated from its launcher and then glided to an impact range a few thousand kilometers away in western China, according to The Washington Free Beacon.
“The DF-ZF flight was tracked by US intelligence agencies and flew at speeds beyond Mach 5, or five times the speed of sound,” Gertz noted.
The DF-ZF HGV warhead is carried to the boundary between space and Earth’s atmosphere, roughly 100 km above the ground, by a ballistic missile booster.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/military/20151128/1030919618/china-military-hypersonic-glide-vehicle-us-defense.html#ixzz3t3oE3xZn
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 01, 2015
russia SU-34 in syria now being armed with air to air missiles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBrDMVC0WmM
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 01, 2015
The best medium-sized utility helicopter for African conditions: the Oryx!

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:37pm On Dec 01, 2015
Gottfried i got a million questions for u right now...

Seeing that we bought the Agrale Marruas from Brazil(when it was said we wer interested in a Chinese copy of the HUMVEE)...We bought the Kornet ATGM and those 183 trucks from Russia Im sort of seeing our military not 'preferring' Chinese equipment in the future...NOW does that speak volumes about the performance the Chinese equipment we have in service(Could the equipment be that bad )

Also seeing that our second last Chief of Defence Force was (forcibly cool) honorably 'retired' after he was exposed as having accepted money from a Chinese defense company that was doing business with our military at the time could that indicate that Chinese equipment was bought coz Generals wer given 'commissions' Whats your take?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 5:35pm On Dec 01, 2015
ViceAdmiral:
Gottfried i got a million questions for u right now...

Seeing that we bought the Agrale Marruas from Brazil(when it was said we wer interested in a Chinese copy of the HUMVEE)...We bought the Kornet ATGM and those 183 trucks from Russia Im sort of seeing our military not 'preferring' Chinese equipment in the future...NOW does that speak volumes about the performance the Chinese equipment we have in service(Could the equipment be that bad )

Also seeing that our second last Chief of Defence Force was (forcibly cool) honorably 'retired' after he was exposed as having accepted money from a Chinese defense company that was doing business with our military at the time could that indicate that Chinese equipment was bought coz Generals wer given 'commissions' Whats your take?
I suggest sitting in when parliament discusses the procurement of weapons wink (it's open to the public) The recent acquisition was just part of an arms deal the Russians offered us...Which we paid for using the barter system...Ever since the new Minister of Defence to office...The military has been trying to "Diversify" their arsenal...They are also in talk with the German Governemnt to provide a H&K model which can be used to as the new Standard Issue Rifle
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 01, 2015
sudan soldiers

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 01, 2015
Henry240:
Epenal Ship builder, a local Nigerian vessel building company is to deliver 10 units of 12 meters boats to the Nigerian JTF on the 30/11/2015.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:11pm On Dec 02, 2015
africaken:
we are allowing foreigners to use our country as their rest room to come to defecate
Unlike in previous incidents, the Iranians are fully denying. Something more is going on here

Tehran, Nov. 30, IRNA – Iran's embassy in Nairobi in a statement denied any kind of connection between a group of arrested Kenyan persons and Iranian intelligence and security bodies and termed dissemination of such news and an unconstructive move.
According to the report by Foreign Ministry Media Department on Monday, Iran has always attached special importance to its relations with African countries, especially Kenya, abd based on this Iran declares its full readiness to cooperate with the Kenyan government in fight against terrorism.
Meanwhile, the embassy declared its readiness to cooperate with relevant Kenyan officials to clarify the issue.
http://www.irna.ir/en/News/81860656/
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 02, 2015
Thought id move this discussion here, what do you guys think of a possible Co Nigeria-South Africa development of the Rooivalk 2?.....Its a win win, we need more Rooivalk, Nigeria need more Attack helos and a minimum order of 75 units is required to restart production.

ssaengine:
http://m.timeslive.co.za/local/?articleId=15965166

SANDF Rooivalk attack helicopters have launched multiple attacks on Islamic-linked rebel forces in the eastern Democratic Republic of the Congo.

The Ugandan separatist Allied Democratic Forces (ADF) have been behind a spate of massacres at schools‚ hospitals and villages in the region.South African National Defence Force troops are in the area as part of a United Nations-backed peacekeeping mission to restore stability to the eastern DRC.

The attacks by the SANDF late yesterday were carried out despite the DRC government trying to forbid the UN's actions.Reports indicate that the helicopters caused considerable damage to several of the rebels' bases‚ although exact losses of ADF personnel are unknown.
If the Rooivalk hasn't proved its worth by now, I don't know what will!!

Apparently there are 2 countries( excl SA) interested in the Rooivalk, and if I remember correctly a minimum order of 75 units is necessary to restart production.

Personally I feel Denel should partner with an African country as well in developing the Rooivalk 2, and when I say African country I specifically mean Nigeria, they are in need of a dedicated Attack Helo and have the financial and industrial resources to partner South Africa in producing the Rooivalk 2. Opening a production facility in Nigeria could also possibly open a new market for the Rooivalk in North and West Africa.

The 2 countries interested in the Rooivalk(possibly Brazil and Malaysia) will most likely result in an order of 40-60 units, SAAF could do with another 20 Rooivalk and Nigeria would also be looking for 20+ units, thus we have a minimum of 80 orders and a maximum of about 100 units, enough to restart production grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 4:26pm On Dec 02, 2015
jln115:
Thought id move this discussion here, what do you guys think of a possible Co Nigeria-South Africa development of the Rooivalk 2?.....Its a win win, we need more Rooivalk, Nigeria need more Attack helos and a minimum order of 75 units is required to restart production.

Apparently there are 2 countries( excl SA) interested in the Rooivalk, and if I remember correctly a minimum order of 75 units is necessary to restart production.

Personally I feel Denel should partner with an African country as well in developing the Rooivalk 2, and when I say African country I specifically mean Nigeria, they are in need of a dedicated Attack Helo and have the financial and industrial resources to partner South Africa in producing the Rooivalk 2. Opening a production facility in Nigeria could also possibly open a new market for the Rooivalk in North and West Africa.

The 2 countries interested in the Rooivalk(possibly Brazil and Malaysia) will most likely result in an order of 40-60 units, SAAF could do with another 20 Rooivalk and Nigeria would also be looking for 20+ units, thus we have a minimum of 80 orders and a maximum of about 100 units, enough to restart production grin

I dont see two major geo-political rivals co-operating.

I also dont see us sharing any of our tech with anyone but the big dogs who we need something from in return (ie: A-darter and Brazil)

Its sad but its just how it is.

Best bet is minor industrialization with our SADAC neighbors (some sort of factory in Bots maybe a small order from Angola etc)
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 02, 2015
Patchesagain:

I also dont see us sharing any of our tech with anyone but the big dogs who we need something from in return (ie: A-darter and Brazil)

Best bet is minor industrialization with our SADAC neighbors (some sort of factory in Bots maybe a small order from Angola etc)
We operate in different geopolitical spheres, so wouldn't really call Nigeria our rival! But obviously being the 2 of most influential/Powerful countries in Africa there would be some sort of competition between our Countries. Our Government has made it clear that we want to play a regional role, thus Nigeria from Geopolitical standpoint will definitely not be our rival.

Also with Buhari as president i see much better relations between our Governments...lets be honest the PDP and ANC never really got along!!

Our SADC neighbours also don't have the financial means to purchase/produce a sufficient amount of Rooivalk to restart the production line.

Honestly Nigeria is the perfect partner, they are in desperate need of Gunships(so are we), they have the Financial resources to tackle such a project and we also open up a whole new market in North and West Africa(Although slightly limited).
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 6:12pm On Dec 02, 2015
Patchesagain:

I don't think Nigerians see South Africa as rival except online. What ever we do online remains online. we hate no African country and we wish every country in Africa too was like Nigeria or south Africa economically or politically. You can ask every other South African who have been to Nigeria about that.

Having such helicopter produced in Nigeria and South Africa will be nice and I see many African countries ordering the gunship. The order might jump close to 200.

No country has everything but combining what you have with what another person has can be very fruitful.
That has been the secret of Europe for a long time.

If AU can be as United as EU, Africa will be a better place.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 02, 2015
jln115:

I'm all for "Make in Africa"...... Specifically Make in Nigeria.

However, there are significant draw backs regarding your proposal, chief of which is.... Politics!

- There simply is no political will to support such a project.

- If 54 African countries cannot support a mere $1 billion for the AU's standy force, where is the finance going to come from?

Strictly speaking on the government side, I don't see it working.

A private sector initiative/partnership with government commitment to purchase holds more promise. The private sector has the money, the wherewithal and much more to lose if the program fails unlike the government.

I say start small, a jointly developed IFV or OPV sized vessel, and we move from there.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 6:33pm On Dec 02, 2015
iblawi:

I don't think Nigerians see South Africans as rival except online. What ever we do online remains online. we hate no African country and we wish every country in Africa too was like Nigeria or south Africa economically or politically. You can ask every other South African who have been to Nigeria about that.

Having such helicopter produced in Nigeria and South Africa will be nice and I see many African countries ordering for the gunship. The order might jump close to 200.

No country has everything but combining what you have with what another person has can be very fruitful.

If AU can be as United as EU, Africa will be a better place.

Problem is that most african countries cannot afford it, or anything else in its class. Doubtfull wether Nigeria or South Africa can even afford it.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 6:42pm On Dec 02, 2015
Henry240:

However, there are significant draw backs regarding your proposal, chief of which is.... Politics!

- If 54 African countries cannot support a mere $1 billion for the AU's standy force, where is the finance going to come from?

A private sector initiative/partnership with government commitment to purchase holds more promise. The private sector has the money, the wherewithal and much more to lose if the program fails unlike the government.

I say start small, a jointly developed IFV or OPV sized vessel, and we move from there.

We allready have our new IFV and our new OPV's will be built in RSA

Nothing on the horizon that could even vaguely fit both countries, apart from the upcoming contract to replace the SAMIL's... If both RSA and NIG commit to buying/producing the order will be a minimum of 15 000 vehicles.

And trucks are cheap, so we would see other countries hopping in.

And trucks make a good basis for MRAP's, so you have the basis for evolutionary industrialization and REAL economies of scale... which fits into another project South Africa has (replacing our 800 or so MRAPs) which is something Nigeria could hop on, since you have a general shortage and domestic production is not able to cope with demand.

So basically:

Truck -> Family of trucks (ambulance, mobile HQ, Fire-engine, MRLS platform, mobile feild kitchen engineering etc etc etc) -> Armored truck -> Family of armored trucks ->MRAPS
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 02, 2015
iblawi:

I don't think Nigerians see South Africans as rival except online. What ever we do online remains online. we hate no African country and we wish every country in Africa too was like Nigeria or south Africa economically or politically. You can ask every other South African who have been to Nigeria about that.

Having such helicopter produced in Nigeria and South Africa will be nice and I see many African countries ordering for the gunship. The order might jump close to 200.

200 orders i think is a bit far fetched, but i think 50 orders between South Africa and Nigeria and a further 20-30 odd from countries like Angola, Kenya ,Sudan, Ethiopia and maybe even Libya.

The rest of Africa unfortunately spend to little on Defence to make it possible to buy the Rooivalk, even if we are able to reduce the cost to about $25 mil per unit

The good thing is Brazil can easily acquire up to 40 units and Malaysia who have also shown interest in the Rooivalk could acquire between 10-20 units.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 02, 2015
Patchesagain:

Problem is that most african countries cannot afford it, or anything else in its class. Doubtfull wether Nigeria or South Africa can even afford it.

Minimum of 75 units, which is quite a lot, but Denel seems confident that it would restart production, South Africa, Brazil and Malaysia could order a total of 70-80 units.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by iblawi(m): 6:56pm On Dec 02, 2015
jln115:

200 orders i think is a bit far fetched, but i think 50 orders between South Africa and Nigeria and a further 20-30 odd from countries like Angola, Kenya ,Sudan, Ethiopia and maybe even Libya.

The rest of Africa unfortunately spend to little on Defence to make it possible to buy the Rooivalk, even if we are able to reduce the cost to about $25 mil per unit

The good thing is Brazil can easily acquire up to 40 units and Malaysia who have also shown interest in the Rooivalk could acquire between 10-20 units.

You are right cos the key North African countries have more than enough already.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 02, 2015
Henry240:

I get your point! but when i meant co develop, i actually meant something like what South Africa will be doing with project Biro and what Nigeria did with the the P18 OPV, with an option of opening a production line in Nigeria.

The development cost(Which would be carried by Denel) wont be that much, considering the existing Rooivalk platform will be used, the Rooivalk 2 will basically be an avionics upgrade, integration of an Air-Air missile, replacing the current turret with a EO/IR turret and a possible engine upgrade.

Financing will also not be a problem considering Denel receives a minimum of 75 orders, which seems more likely everyday.

Government cooperation however is the only uncertainty.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 8:32pm On Dec 02, 2015
Angolan Soldiers

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 2:26am On Dec 03, 2015
jln115:

the ramification of a such decision would send shivers all around the world ,helicopter gunship manufacturers , rivals and agitators outside this continent would take notice .its ironical we call ourselves poor while some of the richest countries in africa are in sub-sahara ,petty rivalry is what is stalling progress to ensure the security of every man,woman and child in this continent

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (2843) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.