Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,623 members, 7,861,925 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 11:37 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (301) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6031092 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (2853) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by gottfried21(m): 2:56pm On Dec 28, 2015
With the "Rocket man" himself grin
He appreciates good food grin wink
But he's still the best fighter pilot Namibia has smiley

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 28, 2015
With 2015 about to come to an end, with over 1325 photos posted at an average of 5 photos a day, I thought it'll be nice to have a 2015 Top Ten of the 1325 photos shared so far.

Without any further-a-dew, Here are my TOP TEN PHOTOS of 2015

#10- Malian Soldeir firing his pistol with the 9mm shell flying off, photo captured in slow motion and in amazing H.D.

#9 - Nigerian Navy Special Boat Service commandos galloping off the chadian desert at exercise flintlock 2015.

#8 - At number 8, again Mali, this time a Malian soldier, alert and covering the Six of
his comrades during an assault style training exercise.

7#- At number 7, A South-African special forces soldier jumping off a C-130 with his kit. Beautiful shot and an amazing capture. Also controversial after frumentius made a series of poorly-informed comments when this photo was originally posted in this thread. Still a beautiful image which deserves the #7 spot in my countdown.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:09pm On Dec 28, 2015
[b]#6 - At the height of Nigeria's Blitzkrieg, the single largest military offensive undertaken by the Nigerian Army since the end of the civil war in the 60's. A noor-images photographer took this beautiful image of a Nigerian Airforce door-gunner in an NAF Super-Puma Helicopter. Well deserving of number #6
in my count down.

#5- Although we differ greatly on the training tactics employed in Amani Africa II in South-Africa, we can all agree that this image of a Namibian Wolf MRAP, a South-African Casspir MRAP and a Zambian APC blanketed by a huge explosion can only be good for the greater cohesion of African militaries, coming together to plan and solve African security problems.

#4- An SAAF Gripen captured and edited by Frank Moody. South-African military photographers can do no wrong. If Photographs win wars, the South-Africans would systematically decimate every foe they come against. Well.... Unfortunately they don't. SAAF Gripen #4!

#3- Another beautiful imagefrom South-Africa. An SAAF medium lift helo in a steep dive towards the ground. This photo reminds me of the "camel passing through the eye of the needle" expressions..... And how impossible it was. The originator of that expression probably never saw this image, because if he did, he would be forced to eat his words.

Beautiful oynx! [/b]

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:10pm On Dec 28, 2015
#2- NNS Thunder Captain and Crew. Originally posted in this thread. This all inspiring image of the captain and his crew in a group photograph on NNS Thunder is nothing short of overwhelming in it's awe and grandeur. This photo is so beautiful a Nigerian mainstream newspaper (Nationalhelm.com), posted it on it's daily and on her website. Simply beautiful and Angelic!

It's only good for #2.

#1- My top pic for my number 1 photo of 2015 goes to Uganda. This photo of Ugandan Special forces hunting Joseph kony left the competition in the dust.

It's a message to kony, "we would chase you to the gates of hell, we would take you and you would face justice for your crimes!

My very best image of 2015.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 28, 2015
South African creativity: the last prize of 2015 goes to the first who tells me about this pic.
Clue: it's the wing of the test Hawk Mk120 at AFB Overberg.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 28, 2015
Henry240:
With 2015 about to come to an end, with over 1325 photos posted at an average of 5 photos a day, I thought it'll be nice to have a 2015 Top Ten of the 1325 photos shared so far.

7#- At number 7, A South-African special forces soldier jumping off a C-130 with his kit. Beautiful shot and an amazing capture. Also controversial after frumentius made a series of poorly-informed comments when this photo was originally posted in this thread. Still a beautiful image which deserves the #7 spot in my countdown.

Like the Bourbons, you learned nothing and forgot nothing. That is a Pathfinder not SF.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:42pm On Dec 28, 2015
frumentius:

Like the Bourbons, you learned nothing and forgot nothing. That is a Pathfinder not SF.

Intentional..... Just the exact response I was expecting. You delivered right on time. It stays SF.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:51pm On Dec 28, 2015
gottfried21:
With the "Rocket man" himself grin
He appreciates good food grin wink
But he's still the best fighter pilot Namibia has smiley

Being a Sqn Ldr does that automatically mean he's 23 Squadron's CO?

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by overhypedsteve(m): 5:52pm On Dec 28, 2015
Henry240:
#2- NNS Thunder Captain and Crew. Originally posted in this thread. This all inspiring image of the captain and his crew in a group photograph on NNS Thunder is nothing short of overwhelming in it's awe and grandeur. This photo is so beautiful a Nigerian mainstream newspaper (Nationalhelm.com), posted it on it's daily and on her website. Simply beautiful and Angelic!

It's only good for #2.

#1- My top pic for my number 1 photo of 2015 goes to Uganda. This photo of Ugandan Special forces hunting Joseph kony left the competition in the dust.

It's a message to kony, "we would chase you to the gates of hell, we would take you and you would face justice for your crimes!

My very best image of 2015.
it's funny the number 1 pics had to come in almost at the close of the year.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 6:04pm On Dec 28, 2015
Henry240:

Intentional..... Just the exact response I was expecting. You delivered right on time. It stays SF.

SOF not SF

Stop being unnecessarily combative
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 8:01pm On Dec 28, 2015
Henry240:

SA SF fall under JOPS not the army. The Pathfinders are part of the army's paratroopers.

They are trained to certain SF standards and can take on any SF in sub-Saharan.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:15pm On Dec 28, 2015
MikeCZAR:
SA SF fall under JOPS not the army. The Pathfinders are part of army's paratroopers.

Surely not the units from Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by patches689: 9:28pm On Dec 28, 2015
Henry240:

Technically Nigeria does not have any SF

Or at least none that we know of.

Remeber that a big part of SF is that they are "trainers" and that they are capable of conducting irregular warfare

Example: WW2
Technically the SAS in WW2 were SOF and not SF.... same with the Commandoes

BUUT "Popskys Private Army" (i forget the guys name) and elements of Merylls Marauders and the Chindits were SF (operated behind enemy lines on a near permanent basis, trained local insurgents, focused on irregular warfare, deep reconisance etc) - but the last two are not true blue SF in themselves.

And then you get elements like the LRDPG who sat in the gray area between SF and SOF because they did deep reconisance behind enemy lines and operated allmost permanently behind enemy lines.

Basically, there is nothing which you guys have that falls under the spectrum of SF

This is not a big deal though because there is a global shift away from SF towards SOF - the only true blue SF unit left in the world is Delta with most countries moving those operations away from the military and into their Intelligence Agencies. Units like the Recces, Green Berets and SAS will still have *some* SF training and capacity but it is no longer their job or focus.

Now, you could say that this argument is semantics, and yes with a normal person it is. But on this forum the use of yhe correct language is very important.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 28, 2015
Henry240:

7 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by MikeCZAR: 4:08am On Dec 29, 2015
Henry240:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by NighttWalker(m): 6:05am On Dec 29, 2015
MikeCZAR:
SA SF fall under JOPS not the army. The Pathfinders are part of the army's paratroopers.
That was very unnecessary
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:19am On Dec 29, 2015
MikeCZAR:

your SF havent seen combat for MANY years.
how will you take on the best of the best in Africa who has been fighting intensely for the last 2-3 years non-sto

Ignorance is becoming the dearth of you my friend.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:19am On Dec 29, 2015
patches689:

Remeber that a big part of SF is that they are "trainers" and that they are capable of conducting irregular warfare

BUUT "Popskys Private Army" (i forget the guys name) and elements of Merylls Marauders and the Chindits were SF (operated behind enemy lines on a near permanent basis, trained local insurgents, focused on irregular warfare, deep reconisance etc) - but the last two are not true blue SF in themselves.

And then you get elements like the LRDPG who sat in the gray area between SF and SOF because they did deep reconisance behind enemy lines and operated allmost permanently behind enemy lines.

Basically, there is nothing which you guys have that falls under the spectrum of SF

This is not a big deal though because there is a global shift away from SF towards SOF - the only true blue SF unit left in the world is Delta with most countries moving those operations away from the military and into their Intelligence Agencies. Units like the Recces, Green Berets and SAS will still have *some* SF training and capacity but it is no longer their job or focus.

Now, you could say that this argument is semantics, and yes with a normal person it is. But on this forum the use of yhe correct language is very important.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 8:43am On Dec 29, 2015
patches689:

You are wrong patches.

Good thing you agree you could be ignorant of this fact

Nigeria had it's first SF during the civil war. (3rd marine commando).

Look up 72 special forces battalion based in makurdi

What's new in our army is SOF of which men where selected from different special forces units

You south Africans should stop spewing ignoramus trash about something you don't know of. It's not funny

And yes. Your SF have not been in combat since inception of SANDF so it's wrong to rate them above any other.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 10:03am On Dec 29, 2015
THERE ARE MEN AND THERE ARE GODS.
SOMETIMES THINGS CHANGE....

[size=15pt]THEN MEN BECOMES GODS[/size]

SEASONS GREETINGS

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 10:09am On Dec 29, 2015
MEN-GOD

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 10:32am On Dec 29, 2015
lionel4power:

how will you take on the best of the best in Africa who has been fighting intensely for the last 2-3 years non-sto

training > experience

It doesnt matter how experienced you are if you simple cannot do certain things that the well trained ones can.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 10:34am On Dec 29, 2015
lionel4power:

It doesnt matter what they call them - I can call my VW Polo a Maserati if I want... doesnt make it a Maserati

What matters is capabilities and usage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 10:40am On Dec 29, 2015
stillchris:

You are wrong patches.

Good thing you agree you could be ignorant of this fact

Nigeria had it's first SF during the civil war. (3rd marine commando).

Look up 72 special forces battalion based in makurdi

What's new in our army is SOF of which men where selected from different special forces units

You south Africans should stop spewing ignoramus trash about something you don't know of. It's not funny

And yes. Your SF have not been in combat since inception of SANDF so it's wrong to rate them above any other.

1. Really? The 3rd Marine Commando spent the war behind enemy lines training insurgents and doing deep reconnisance? NO - since they are based on the ROYAL MARINE COMMANDOES they did raiding which makes them SOF

2. I dont care what YOU call them, the differentiation comes through usage... so if they spent the war grabbing HVTs then they are doing SOF or if they are spending the war doing what I outlined above then they are SF

3. Whats new is that you have another SOF unit that has been trained to modern standards.

4. If you wish to claim SF then provide info about your SF doing SF shit... doint point me at what is effectivly a military swat team and try to tell me that they are SF

5. Our SF have 25 years of operational experience institutionalized and former operators have some of the grandest feats yet recorded by african operators. We base ourselves off of our history.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:23am On Dec 29, 2015
[quote author=frumentius post=41433102][/quote]

Operational experience
Training
Capabilities

Lay them out, Let's compare.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 29, 2015
MikeCZAR:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lay it out.

Operational experience

Capability,

Training.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 29, 2015
lionel4power:

DRC,CAR,Lesotho,Burundi?? They see their fair share of combat mate!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 12:08pm On Dec 29, 2015
Patchesagain:

1. Really? The 3rd Marine Commando spent the war behind enemy lines training insurgents and doing deep reconnisance? NO - since they are based on the ROYAL MARINE COMMANDOES they did raiding which makes them SOF

2. I dont care what YOU call them, the differentiation comes through usage... so if they spent the war grabbing HVTs then they are doing SOF or if they are spending the war doing what I outlined above then they are SF

3. Whats new is that you have another SOF unit that has been trained to modern standards.

4. If you wish to claim SF then provide info about your SF doing SF shit... doint point me at what is effectivly a military swat team and try to tell me that they are SF

1) I don't know patches. You tell me since you know the exploits of the marine commandos better. And no you ignoramus. They were not based on the royal marine commandos

2)Are you drunk?

Do you bother to do research before making an opinion. This is definitely one problem with you people( especially you)

I said look up 72nd special forces battalion of the Nigerian army. They've been active from the maitatsine, Taliban to boko haram insurgencies. That's more than 20 years

Has Nigeria had other conventional threats aside Islamic terrorism? So engaging in such operations which conforms with the kind of threat doesn't qualify them as SF despite the SF training they are made to undergo?

So you are saying since the SANDF SF have been useless for the past 20+ years disqualifies them as well?

3) what's new is we are gradually shifting towards SOF which we lacked initially. Look up the formation of such units and see they were drawn mostly from the 72 SF battalion.

Sometimes it's not wrong to admit ignorance over matters you are clearly ignorant on.

This thread is not where you should bring your misleading tales of fantasy.

It will come to a time you will believe Buratai is a Kenyan army chief with the way you keep trying to misinform yourself

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by rugged7(m): 12:19pm On Dec 29, 2015
Coming to the end of the year...

Yet, the more things change, the more other things remain the same.

South africans and their usual ignorant rants and arguments...

It's just sooo nauseating. undecided

Is there a reason why you myopic Boers and Boer slaves can't take ur rubbish to the other thread? angry

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 29, 2015
rugged7:
Coming to the end of the year...

Yet, the more things change, the more other things remain the same.

South africans and their usual ignorant rants and arguments...

It's just sooo nauseating. undecided

Is there a reason why you myopic Boers and Boer slaves can't take ur rubbish to the other thread? angry
Why don't you check who started this argument mate, before calling us ignorent.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by stillchris: 12:32pm On Dec 29, 2015
jln115:

Why don't you check who started this argument mate, before calling us ignorent.

You ignorant comrade @patches claimed Nigeria never had SF (which has been in existence for more than 20 years)

and anyone will find it annoying when a wrong info is peddled by an ignoramus who doesn't even have a clue of the armed forces he's talking about but keeps insisting on his ignorance.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 29, 2015
stillchris:

You ignorant comrade @patches claimed Nigeria never had SF and anyone will find it annoying when a wrong info is peddled by an ignoramus who doesn't even have a clue of what he's saying
That's not were the argument started mate!

(1) (2) (3) ... (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) (303) (304) ... (2853) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: oloyesaso(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.