Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,447 members, 7,836,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (5995462 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (2846) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 29, 2015
Henry240:

Go read my initial post were i outlined weight differences.
Actually you modified your post only after I'd already quoted you....although it doesn't really matter as it still proves my point that they are twice as heavy.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 29, 2015
lionel4power:
so now they are old?
i thought u said it cant be done?
ok now it can be done but its an old method? is that your argument now?

the goal post is over here >>>>>
Stop being retaarded bro, when did I say it cannot be done??

What we are pointing out, is that its an outdated and dangerous technique.... And quite simply there are much much much safer and more effective systems available.... Thats why no modern, professional Army uses slings anymore to mount MGs.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:48pm On Dec 29, 2015
Centrifude:

Its funny how none of those pictures don't show any of those soldiers holding a MACHINE Gun.

Those are all Sniper Rifles, they use straps to help Snipers take more accurate shots from helicopters.
You can not compare a door gunner to a Sniper.

Please show me a pic of any professional Military using straps to stabilise Machine Gun.
this is desert storm f00l

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:50pm On Dec 29, 2015
jln115:

Stop being retaarded bro, when did I say it cannot be done??

What we are pointing out, is that its an outdated and dangerous technique.... And quite simply there are much much much safer and more effective systems available.... Thats why no modern, professional Army uses slings anymore to mount MGs.
US Rangers... Desert storm

Centrifude:

Its funny how none of those pictures don't show any of those soldiers holding a MACHINE Gun.

Those are all Sniper Rifles, they use straps to help Snipers take more accurate shots from helicopters.
You can not compare a door gunner to a Sniper.

Please show me a pic of any professional Military using straps to stabilise Machine Gun.
if you need more just ask.... dundi

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Patchesagain: 8:50pm On Dec 29, 2015
lionel4power:
this is desert storm f00l

thats a movie f00l

and a bad solution... the bundgee cord is impeding the charging handle/extractor which could lead to a stoppage
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 29, 2015
jln115:

Actually you modified your post only after I'd already quoted you....although it doesn't really matter as it still proves my point that they are twice as heavy.

No... It doesn't prove your point. It makes your argument actually irrelevant.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 8:58pm On Dec 29, 2015
Patchesagain:

thats a movie f00l

and a bad solution... the bundgee cord is impeding the charging handle/extractor which could lead to a stoppage
its a tried and trusted method of holding your weapon if its a temporary measure.
not all military can dedicate helis for gunship support role so they jig up something flexible like the bungee cord.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:59pm On Dec 29, 2015
Henry240:

No... It doesn't prove your point. It makes your argument actually irrelevant.
So how is weight all of a sudden irrelevant?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 29, 2015
jln115:
So how is weight all of a sudden irrelevant?

Insignificant to make a difference. They are both Light Automatic weapons.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2015
lionel4power:

your pic is from a fvcking movie dude!!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:10pm On Dec 29, 2015
jln115:
your pic is from a fvcking movie dude!!
as long as its re-enforces my point.... it doesnt matter the source.
[size=16pt]MY POINT WAS BUTTRESSED, AND YOU UNDERSTAND MY POINT OF VIEW, THATS WHAT MATTERS F00L[/size]

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:12pm On Dec 29, 2015
Henry240:

Insignificant to make a difference. They are both Light Automatic weapons.
The LMG in the Nigerian puma.... What was it a again FN MAG or PK?? Anyway both weigh around 10kgs, not very light when compared to a 4kg assualt rifle.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:19pm On Dec 29, 2015
lionel4power:
as long as its re-enforces my point.... it doesnt matter the source.
[size=16pt]MY POINT WAS BUTTRESSED, AND YOU UNDERSTAND MY POINT OF VIEW, THATS WHAT MATTERS F00L[/size]
Its a fvcking movie!! Should I now believe the US drives around in Ratels after watching the Hurt Locker??

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 9:26pm On Dec 29, 2015
jln115:

Its a fvcking movie!! Should I now believe the US drives around in Ratels after watching the Hurt Locker??
nobody cares about your believes
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:28pm On Dec 29, 2015
lionel4power:
nobody cares about your believes
And nobody cares about your opinion.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:37pm On Dec 29, 2015
Nigerian DSS (secret police)

Nigerian Navy SBS

Nigerian Army SF

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:47pm On Dec 29, 2015
Nigerian Navy carries out Annual end of year, Treasure guard exercise.

Operation Treasure guard is one of the largest Naval exercises on the continent. It usually is a combined training of Nigeria's 3 naval commands.

This year's Treasure guard exercise has 14 Nigerian Naval ships, 2 Helicopters and 1 ATR-42 in participation.

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 29, 2015
NN

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 29, 2015
Nnn

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 29, 2015
frumentius:
South African creativity: the last prize of 2015 goes to the first who tells me about this pic.
Clue: it's the wing of the test Hawk Mk120 at AFB Overberg.
Been surfing the web for two days now!!And I've ultimately decided to give up...I have no clue what it is.

Could you be so kind and tell us, the suspense is killing me haha I have to know!!

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 10:18pm On Dec 29, 2015
jln115:
Been surfing the web for two days now!!And I've ultimately decided to give up...I have no clue what it is.

Could you be so kind and tell us, the suspense is killing me haha I have to know!!

When doing weapons tests on the Hawk at AFB Overberg, the SAAF & Denel were looking for a cost-effective way to film weapons releases in high definition without using a chase plane. So they acquired 5 GoPro cameras, and designed glass/epoxy composite fairings to house the cameras. Three were placed on the vertical fin looking forward and to either side, one in a fairing on the left wing missile rail and the other under the belly.

The photo is of the left wing fairing.

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 10:56pm On Dec 29, 2015
This thread is gradually ramping reta*rds like its a d*ck fight.
WTF!! Can't y'all just stay on topic and make releveant contributions, enough already!!!!

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 29, 2015
Zambian Airforce L-15 advanced trainer aircraft

Speed - Mach 1.4

Combat radius - 550km

- Hardpoints - 7

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by agaugust: 11:06pm On Dec 29, 2015
Patchesagain:
SANDF GENERAL GIVEN COMMAND OF MONUSCO

All 20 000 Soldiers now fall under the command of South African Lieutenant General Derrick Mgwebi

The first African to command MONUSCO, a very proud achievement and about time indeed!

A fantastic day!
http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/mgwebi-to-head-uns-drc-mission-20151229

For civilian election 2016 purposes, the war in Congo is over long time ago. No shots to be fired to kill by 20,000 UN troops next year, no more helicopter and artillery war, it`s peace time in Congo, it`s political elections time. Simple, please don`t over-blow simple facts that we all know, just to suit your thirst for some `glory and pride`.

Congo DRC now has peace, do not wish them war just to prove a point or glory hunting
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Centrifude(m): 11:07pm On Dec 29, 2015
lionel4power:

The fact that you're trying to pass of fiction as fact just shows you lack of Knowledge.

It once again proves that you and fellow friends live in a fantasy land.

movies use a whole lot of incorrect devices and techniques to make up for what they don't have, the fact that, there's a reason why the only evidence u have to back up that dumb idea of straping a machine gun is from a movie, no Logical Military will use such a K@k idea.

Look at this pic, just because its done in a movie it doesn't mean its right.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:20pm On Dec 29, 2015
Angola

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by M14A1: 11:21pm On Dec 29, 2015
Centrifude:

The fact that you're trying to pass of fiction as fact just shows you lack of Knowledge.

It once again proves that you and fellow friends live in a fantasy land.

movies use a whole lot of incorrect devices and techniques to make up for what they don't have, the fact that, there's a reason why the only evidence u have to back up that dumb idea of straping a machine gun is from a movie, no Logical Military will use such a K@k idea.

Look at this pic, just because its done in a movie it doesn't mean its right.
But Sometimes you work with what you've got, forget about right or wrong, mistakes or not, but notice that it works.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:23pm On Dec 29, 2015
Henry240:
Zambian Airforce L-15 advanced trainer aircraft

Speed - Mach 1.4

Combat radius - 550km

- Hardpoints - 7
Very attractive little fighter! Looks a bit like a twin engined yak130.

Would also work great as a JF-17 trainer!! The Ukrainian engine however instills a bit of doubt though!
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:24pm On Dec 29, 2015
Henry240:
Angola
Second pic should've been in your top 10 cool
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 29, 2015
jln115:

Very attractive little fighter! Looks a bit like a twin engined yak130.

Would also work great as a JF-17 trainer!! The Ukrainian engine however instills a bit of doubt though!

Very very attractive fighter! One of the best advanced trainers in the market great for light attack roles. "Yakoloev" provided engineers to AVIC to work on this project. A directs T-50 golden eagle, Yak-130 competitor.

The Ukrainian company has been in service since 45, I'm sure they have the experience to deliver.

More like a J-10B, SU-35 trainer.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:35pm On Dec 29, 2015
jln115:
Second pic should've been in your top 10 cool
"That plane already left".

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 11:38pm On Dec 29, 2015
Sambisa visit by Aljazeera n bbc

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (2846) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.